Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2012, 12:47 AM   #1891
CT Disney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Disney View Post
Is it too early to put our name on the noodle swap for next year?? We will be at YC from April 13 - 20. Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
I added you to the Noodle Swap for next year, assuming it is still happening. I am honestly amazed that we have been able to keep this going for so long already, but, fingers crossed...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellabully View Post
Staying at Beach Club Villas for the 1st time April 10-17th, so exited!!! Please add me to Be Our Guest list
Also, would the noodle family be available some fun with us? DD would love to create some wild and wacky photo ops, she is busy planning all kinds of adventures for them (if they graced us with their presence, he-he)!!!
Can't wait to enjoy SAB, not sure who is more excited me or DD
Thank you for creating and maintaining such a great thread! Also, a big thank you to all who share/post here! So helpful in the planning.

Oops! I think there's been a noodle mix-up! Dee, I went to double check that you had added us to the noodle swap for our dates of April 13 - 20, and I noticed that we weren't on the list. I also noticed that somebody else was listed for some of our days. I think that perhaps you forgot to add us to the swap, and then someone else requested some of the same days after we had already asked for them. What to do? What to do? I hope that we can still hang out with the noodles during our week in April.

Old 09-16-2012, 05:11 AM   #1892
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oops! I think there's been a noodle mix-up! Dee, I went to double check that you had added us to the noodle swap for our dates of April 13 - 20, and I noticed that we weren't on the list. I also noticed that somebody else was listed for some of our days. I think that perhaps you forgot to add us to the swap, and then someone else requested some of the same days after we had already asked for them. What to do? What to do? I hope that we can still hang out with the noodles during our week in April.
Oh, crud! You are right!

Bellabuddy and CT Disney, I apologize! I did received CT's request first.

I have corrected the list to add Bellabuddy to the swap for April 10-13, and CT Disney on the swap from April 13-20.

Bellabuddy, could you take a moment and acknowledge that you have seen this message?

Perhaps as the trip gets closer, the two of you can get in touch with one another by PM and discuss the custody arrangements and possibly even arrange a direct hand off.

Again, sorry about this!

Dee
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-16-2012, 05:33 AM   #1893
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by klinlin View Post
I think I am ready to say it out loud..... We are going to be at BC CL November 16-23! I usually plan our Disney trips years in advance, but this year I saved our tax return for a rainy day, both DH and I got SW reward cards and I got a " Play, Stay and Dine" post card with a pin #. The stars just seemed to align! The best part is, my boys have no idea, and I am going to try to keep it that way until we pick them up from school and head to the airport.

I am a little disappointed/nervous about HH. We really never drink at home, but my husband and I love the frozen drinks in the afternoons while the boys go down the slide at SAB a million times.

The weather is getting cooler, the days shorter, and my 45 days is 10/2, so I feel like I can say, "we're going to Disney World!"

How exciting about your Surprise "Last Minute" trip!

I'll add you to the guest list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redgrapes2 View Post
Thrilled to be joining this group! Stayed at BC CL in April and raved about the trip so much that our extended family trip for 11 is now planned for 24Nov-01Dec at BCV. Not fortunate enough to snag a BOG reservation, but did get a FD pin. Hoping the weather cooperates enough for us to enjoy SAB again and that MVMCP is as great as everyone says! Thanks for letting me join and look forward to our trip!
back and welcome to the DIS!

So glad to hear you will be returning to the resort so soon.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacFranke View Post
FYI Some good news

According to this month's issue of MouseSavers Newsletter.

Hurricane Hanna’s (Yacht & Beach Club) closed through 9/29/12 for refurbishment.

Ship Shape Health Club and Periwig Beauty & Barber Shop (Yacht & Beach Club) closed through 11/16/12. Guests may use the temporary health club in the Solarium at the Beach Club or the BoardWalk health club.

Looks like things might get back to normal soon.

I just love this thread, the Flat Ben Adventure and of course Princess Lily was PRICELESS!!!!!!!

A friendly lurker,
Lori
Lori, the lurker!

Thanks for dropping in and sharing the information you have seen. I haven't poked around the official Disney website to see if they have specific info about the refurb/estimated reopen dates, but it is definitely frustrating that the info has not been readily available.

Thanks for the kind words about the thread and the two "live" reports. Did you catch the Full Adventures of Flat Ben on the Trip Report board, or just the pop-ins here?

FYI FB Fans. Stay Tuned! He has not 1, not 2, but at least 4 more adventures coming up in the very near future. He'll be hanging around the Beach Club again, filling up at Food & Wine and has 2 dates to MNSSHP!
Old 09-16-2012, 05:55 AM   #1894
natebenma
DIS Veteran

BUMP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
Does anyone know if the YC Deluxe room is similar to the BC Deluxe room? We are booked at the YC in a GV CL for July 2013 and I am thinking of upgrading to a deluxe room. I have seen pics of the BC deluxe rooms, but I'm having a hard time finding YC ones. I found a link on the first page of this thread, but it's to an old thread with a few YC deluxe pics, but they are from 2008 and show the beds and I think a daybed, don't really show the room. The Disney site states it sleeps 4 and doesn't mention a daybed, so I was wondering if a daybed is even available with that room type . TIA for any information anyone can give. .
Has anyone stayed in a YC Deluxe Room recently? Any pictures.

Sounds like a job I will have to do myself! Even if I have to brave the dark side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsme View Post
Do not use the buses to downtown Disney if you are staying at an Epcot resort!! Take a cab!! We sat there watching at least 2 buses (or more for some) for the other resorts pass (waited 30-40 min a couple was waiting longer) finally I went to an other bus & asked them about BC bus telling him how long we had been waiting. He called it in & a bus showed up only to go to PI & change out the driver so more waiting. Then informed us that not only are we stopping at BC, YC, BW, swan & dolphin but first we were going to TL! Ugh! I should've taken a cab! Don't make my mistake! Just go straight to cab station!
To end on a positive the slushies at goofy's are great!
Thanks for the reminder! You are preaching to the choir here- the return buses from DTD to the BC/YC resorts (or any resort for that matter) are AWFUL!

How was the ride TO DTD? That one is usually not too bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
Second, due to BC Marketplace menu changes, I think I'm going to do another round of BC Marketplace photos in a few weeks. I may look like a crazy person again, but I'm planning to be up pretty early, so fewer guests will consider reporting me to the BC police. Otherwise, I may need to ask Teena to bail me out.

As for the BC Marketplace menu changes, that's a tough one for us. We're big fans of the breakfast croissants and really sad to see them go. Looking forward to hearing more reviews of the replacement breakfast options.
Thank you for the dangerous, stealth mission you will be undertaking!

We enjoy the croissant sandwiches, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
I have to thank you all once again! I would have never known to ask for a wedding gazebo view here at YC. After watching Illuminations from a perfect view I sit here on my balcony over looking the gazebo and looking out at Crescent Lake, BEAUTIFUL!!!

We did have a quick hiccup with our room, it smelled very musty and like mothballs. Our bellman (Rick) noticed it right away and called housekeeping. He told me that of the smell didn't dissipate to call the front desk and ask for a different room. When we returned from Epcot later in the afternoon, we could smell disinfectant over the misty odor so I called the front desk. I was told room assignments would call me right back and they did. She programmed my room keys as we spoke and moved us within 3 minutes. A few minutes later we were in a new room (with a better view) and the odor was 100% better!

My kids wanted to storm the parks today so we walked to Epcot then after a brief dry off from the rain took a bus to MK. I am hoping tomorrow we can spend some time at SAB

Thank you all again!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Thanks for the live report. Sorry you had an initial problem with the room, but I'm so glad to hear it was resolved!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactus girl View Post
At YC CL right now and loving it. They truly are treating us well. Our request for a daybed wasn't met, but it isn't too bad with the rollaway. They no
Longer give out rain ponchos in the regatta club. However, when I asked about the nearest camera store somehow the CF cards didn't make it in my bag) they said not to worry. They asked what I wanted and then sent out a runner to buy it and charged it to my room. Right then and there I swore that we would never stay anything but CL again. Life is good.

Thanks for checking in wiht us. That's great that the CL CMs helped you out with the camera cards!

FYI- if you need pencils sharpened, they will do that too. Just sayin'!

Last edited by natebenma; 09-16-2012 at 06:07 AM.
Old 09-16-2012, 06:22 AM   #1895
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacFranke View Post
FYI Some good news

According to this month's issue of MouseSavers Newsletter.

Hurricane Hanna’s (Yacht & Beach Club) closed through 9/29/12 for refurbishment.

Ship Shape Health Club and Periwig Beauty & Barber Shop (Yacht & Beach Club) closed through 11/16/12. Guests may use the temporary health club in the Solarium at the Beach Club or the BoardWalk health club.

Looks like things might get back to normal soon.

I just love this thread, the Flat Ben Adventure and of course Princess Lily was PRICELESS!!!!!!!

A friendly lurker,
Lori
That information is incorrect. HH will be closed through December. The new and improved and much larger HH is coming along nicely.

And the food and beverage offerings in the arcade IMO are nicer than what was offered at HH (before rehab).
Old 09-16-2012, 06:46 AM   #1896
MickeyMinnie1971
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know if a daybed is available in BC GV CL rooms. I would prefer GV CL over SV CL, but want a daybed. The Disney site doesn't mention daybeds in the description of GV CL.
Old 09-16-2012, 06:52 AM   #1897
DisneyMomx7
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMinnie1971 View Post
Does anyone know if a daybed is available in BC GV CL rooms. I would prefer GV CL over SV CL, but want a daybed. The Disney site doesn't mention daybeds in the description of GV CL.
If I remember correctly only 1 gv cl room has a daybed - that is why they no longer let families of 5 book a gv cl or lv cl room. You can always request a rollaway.

GF-2003,2004,2005,2006,2008,2009,2011,2013,2014
YC-2006,2007,2008,2014 POLY- 2006,2007,2008
BC-2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013
HRH-2004,2006, RPR-2012, 2014
Old 09-16-2012, 07:12 AM   #1898
GottaRun
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
That information is incorrect. HH will be closed through December. The new and improved and much larger HH is coming along nicely.

And the food and beverage offerings in the arcade IMO are nicer than what was offered at HH (before rehab).
Teena, Thanks for clarifying this. I was confused by the 9/29/12 date but still hopeful. I know you said you like the choices in the arcade. Do you happen to know if the grilled chicken salad with white balsalmic dressing is available. It was my favorite offering at HH and always a go-to meal for me. Hoping it will be available in October when we are at BCV. Thanks so much for all of your wonderful information.
----------Anne
Old 09-16-2012, 07:24 AM   #1899
Kteacher
Not your average kindergarten teacher
Judge Judy stole my iced tea!
REALLY good at keeping secrets

Teena- thank you for all the updated info. I won't feel as lost when we get there .

Old 09-16-2012, 07:33 AM   #1900
WB1971
Always planning my next trip

Just back from great stay YC CL

Wanted to post a few quick details, but happy to answer any questions I don't cover here. Had a great 5 night stay, after one night at Pop on our arrival day. (liked Pop too, but boy is there a difference between that and YC CL! - duh right?) Anyway, from start to finish the Concierge service was great. Had the last room at the end of the hall on 5th floor, lagoon/pool view with a lovely bay window on the side (balcony on front). King bed, and small chair/ottoman which suited us great. (wife and myself only) The room was ready at 8am on Sunday, which was a nice surprise. The lounge was never crowded and we always got a table with no problem. Food offerings were good, we thought a little better than what we had at AK CL last September. Monday and Tuesday especially the resort seemed empty. Some noise from HH construction, but not a problem. Didn't have a chance to try the food offerings put in place during construction of HH, but it looked fine from what we saw. Lots of afternoon clouds/wind/rain so pool time was somewhat limited. Had dinner and breakfast at Cape May, and thought very good. Our only other real table service meal was Chef Mickeys late Sunday night. We eat there every trip, but will probably skip it the next time. Food was good, but atmosphere is getting too chaotic. Lots of large noisy pushy groups, etc. and probably ready to try something different next time.
Crowds at parks, pretty much nonexistent. Longest wait of the week was probably 20 minutes a couple of times. More often than not we had walk-ons to maybe 5-10 mins max. We did all the E-ticket attractions, so it wasn't like we were only doing little things. Used fast pass for Toy Story and once for Kilimanjaro and that was it.
Love the YC and being able to walk about anywhere we want to go. Enjoyed a couple of early morning walk/jogs around crescent lake too, really nice. We had a rental car, so drove to AK. Didn't do DTD at all this trip, just never had the time/desire. Bus service to the MK the three times we went there was great. 5-10 minute wait max. Buses move slowly, in a roundabout manner, but safety first so can understand that. Nothing really to complain about.
Resort merchandise was very lacking. Not as much in stock as was shown in pictures earlier this year. I will still hit that hard in my survey. I did buy magnets from both YC and BC, but the size selection in the shirts made buying the one Mens polo they did have not an option. Come on guys, make it happen, get us more good stuff to buy!!
Well, that is a brief report, please let me know if anything specific I can answer, will be happy to.
Was a great trip for us, good food, good times. Didn't get as much sun as we wanted too, but didn't get that much rain either after Sunday. Thank you to all the great Cast Members for the great service all week, we thought that the friendliness was maybe a notch above where it had been the past couple trips.
Thanks for reading, will try to post some more specific details as I think back through things.
Old 09-16-2012, 08:29 AM   #1901
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Does anyone know if the YC Deluxe room is similar to the BC Deluxe room? We are booked at the YC in a GV CL for July 2013 and I am thinking of upgrading to a deluxe room. I have seen pics of the BC deluxe rooms, but I'm having a hard time finding YC ones. I found a link on the first page of this thread, but it's to an old thread with a few YC deluxe pics, but they are from 2008 and show the beds and I think a daybed, don't really show the room. The Disney site states it sleeps 4 and doesn't mention a daybed, so I was wondering if a daybed is even available with that room type . TIA for any information anyone can give. .
Quote:
BUMP!

Has anyone stayed in a YC Deluxe Room recently? Any pictures.

Sounds like a job I will have to do myself! Even if I have to brave the dark side.
Thank you for bumping my post . I always read about people staying in the deluxe rooms at the BC, but have yet to read any reports on the YC deluxe rooms. If you could get some pics/info on them, that would be great; but don't inconvenience yourself or go out of your way. If there are no reports/pics by the time we go next July and we stick with the GV CL, I will ask to see a deluxe room and will gladly takes some pics .

Quote:
Originally Posted by WB1971 View Post
Wanted to post a few quick details, but happy to answer any questions I don't cover here. Had a great 5 night stay, after one night at Pop on our arrival day. (liked Pop too, but boy is there a difference between that and YC CL! - duh right?) Anyway, from start to finish the Concierge service was great. Had the last room at the end of the hall on 5th floor, lagoon/pool view with a lovely bay window on the side (balcony on front). King bed, and small chair/ottoman which suited us great. (wife and myself only) The room was ready at 8am on Sunday, which was a nice surprise. The lounge was never crowded and we always got a table with no problem. Food offerings were good, we thought a little better than what we had at AK CL last September. Monday and Tuesday especially the resort seemed empty. Some noise from HH construction, but not a problem. Didn't have a chance to try the food offerings put in place during construction of HH, but it looked fine from what we saw. Lots of afternoon clouds/wind/rain so pool time was somewhat limited. Had dinner and breakfast at Cape May, and thought very good. Our only other real table service meal was Chef Mickeys late Sunday night. We eat there every trip, but will probably skip it the next time. Food was good, but atmosphere is getting too chaotic. Lots of large noisy pushy groups, etc. and probably ready to try something different next time.
Crowds at parks, pretty much nonexistent. Longest wait of the week was probably 20 minutes a couple of times. More often than not we had walk-ons to maybe 5-10 mins max. We did all the E-ticket attractions, so it wasn't like we were only doing little things. Used fast pass for Toy Story and once for Kilimanjaro and that was it.
Love the YC and being able to walk about anywhere we want to go. Enjoyed a couple of early morning walk/jogs around crescent lake too, really nice. We had a rental car, so drove to AK. Didn't do DTD at all this trip, just never had the time/desire. Bus service to the MK the three times we went there was great. 5-10 minute wait max. Buses move slowly, in a roundabout manner, but safety first so can understand that. Nothing really to complain about.
Resort merchandise was very lacking. Not as much in stock as was shown in pictures earlier this year. I will still hit that hard in my survey. I did buy magnets from both YC and BC, but the size selection in the shirts made buying the one Mens polo they did have not an option. Come on guys, make it happen, get us more good stuff to buy!!
Well, that is a brief report, please let me know if anything specific I can answer, will be happy to.
Was a great trip for us, good food, good times. Didn't get as much sun as we wanted too, but didn't get that much rain either after Sunday. Thank you to all the great Cast Members for the great service all week, we thought that the friendliness was maybe a notch above where it had been the past couple trips.
Thanks for reading, will try to post some more specific details as I think back through things.
Thanks for your review . We've stayed at the BC in the past and are trying YC CL next summer and are excited to compare the two resorts as well as compare YC CL to the other CLs we've experienced. Glad you had a great stay and enjoyed the YC (and CL ).

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 09-16-2012, 10:05 AM   #1902
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by K&C View Post
If your still there when I arrive I'll cover you!!
I can do dark glasses and suit very well
Excellent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomx7 View Post
Can't wait to see your new pics!
My kids really liked the breakfast croissants too, but I'm glad to see a breakfast platter. Now if they would only do Mickey waffles . . .
I know! How about Mickey waffles instead of the oatmeal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by redgrapes2 View Post
Thrilled to be joining this group! Stayed at BC CL in April and raved about the trip so much that our extended family trip for 11 is now planned for 24Nov-01Dec at BCV.
Welcome!!! So glad you loved it in April - hope you'll report back about your holiday trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
The new and improved and much larger HH is coming along nicely.
We'll miss HH during our October stay, but excited to see the results when we return in January. We've stayed at BC so much that the plan is to mix it up with YC last April, BC/CR in October and Poly/BWI in January, but I might miss BC too much. Even when we've stayed at BWI or Dolphin, we always end up at BC/YC to eat and shop. That was possible with the old HH - didn't need BC/YC room keys to access that area only - will it be the same when it reopens?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomx7 View Post
If I remember correctly only 1 gv cl room has a daybed - that is why they no longer let families of 5 book a gv cl or lv cl room. You can always request a rollaway.
That's what I have in my notes, too. And yay for Disney changing the reservation system to reflect the bed situation in the BC CL GV rooms!
Disneyland (x many since 1975), Poly (x many since 1983), BC (x many since 1992), BWI (x3), YC, CR, WL (x2), AKL, POFQ, Dolphin, CSR (x3), CBR, POR-Riverside, All Star Sports, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, runDisney: 2013 Inaugural Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and Cinderella Family 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL/GF/BWI!)
Old 09-16-2012, 10:53 AM   #1903
CT Disney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Oh, crud! You are right!

Bellabuddy and CT Disney, I apologize! I did received CT's request first.

I have corrected the list to add Bellabuddy to the swap for April 10-13, and CT Disney on the swap from April 13-20.

Bellabuddy, could you take a moment and acknowledge that you have seen this message?

Perhaps as the trip gets closer, the two of you can get in touch with one another by PM and discuss the custody arrangements and possibly even arrange a direct hand off.

Again, sorry about this!

Dee

No problem at all! In fact, the reason I jumped onto this tread late last night had nothing to do with the noodles, it was to leave all of you a compliment:

This past April we stayed at POR, so before that trip I spent most my time on that tread.

And then, last night, as I was looking at an older YC thread, I noticed a mention of SAB from April (when the whole SAB construction thing was going on) I had no idea about the SAB partial closure at that time and it piqued my interest. So, I started looking through the closed YC / BC thread from this past spring just to see what happened. I only meant to look at a few pool pictures, but before I knew it I was hooked and read thru a ton a pages (and stayed up way too late!)

Anyway....I wanted to pop on the current thread last night to thank all of you who contribute so much to this thread. As I read the closed thread it made me realize how many repeat questions you all get. But, your answers never indicate that. Even if the question has been asked a million times you all answer like it's the first time it's been asked, with kindness and enthusiasm to boot!

So, thanks for keeping us all excited about our upcoming trips. You guys rock!

Old 09-16-2012, 11:02 AM   #1904
CT Disney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I hear good things about Starbucks via, but I think you need hot water for those.

Good luck all, and please share your caffeine solutions!
When we visited POR last year we used the Starbucks Via. We just used the pod machine to make hot water, and then we mixed in the Via. It was actually pretty decent, and much much better than the yucky pod coffee. And for those of you that feel that Starbucks coffee is too strong, still give the Via a try. It's not as strong as a regular Starbucks coffee. And, now they have the blonde roast in the Via packs which is even a little milder.

Quote:
I don't know much about the deluxe rooms, but I have noticed that the BC deluxe rooms are way less expensive than the YC deluxe rooms. Not sure why that is, but before you book a deluxe room at YC you may want to check the price of one over at BC. It may still fit your needs and be less expensive. Good luck!

Old 09-16-2012, 11:18 AM   #1905
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
No problem at all! In fact, the reason I jumped onto this tread late last night had nothing to do with the noodles, it was to leave all of you a compliment:

This past April we stayed at POR, so before that trip I spent most my time on that tread.

And then, last night, as I was looking at an older YC thread, I noticed a mention of SAB from April (when the whole SAB construction thing was going on) I had no idea about the SAB partial closure at that time and it piqued my interest. So, I started looking through the closed YC / BC thread from this past spring just to see what happened. I only meant to look at a few pool pictures, but before I knew it I was hooked and read thru a ton a pages (and stayed up way too late!)

Anyway....I wanted to pop on the current thread last night to thank all of you who contribute so much to this thread. As I read the closed thread it made me realize how many repeat questions you all get. But, your answers never indicate that. Even if the question has been asked a million times you all answer like it's the first time it's been asked, with kindness and enthusiasm to boot!

So, thanks for keeping us all excited about our upcoming trips. You guys rock!
Thank you for your kind words. You nailed the basic philosophy and approach that people who contribute take for this thread! I really think that Dee and Teena inspire us all to be as helpful as they are. We all just keep paying it forward!

~NM

Last edited by Ninja Mom; 09-16-2012 at 11:33 AM.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: