Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2012, 11:59 AM   #1876
tsme
DIS Veteran

Do not use the buses to downtown Disney if you are staying at an Epcot resort!! Take a cab!! We sat there watching at least 2 buses (or more for some) for the other resorts pass (waited 30-40 min a couple was waiting longer) finally I went to an other bus & asked them about BC bus telling him how long we had been waiting. He called it in & a bus showed up only to go to PI & change out the driver so more waiting. Then informed us that not only are we stopping at BC, YC, BW, swan & dolphin but first we were going to TL! Ugh! I should've taken a cab! Don't make my mistake! Just go straight to cab station!
To end on a positive the slushies at goofy's are great!
Old 09-15-2012, 02:17 PM   #1877
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know if the YC Deluxe room is similar to the BC Deluxe room? We are booked at the YC in a GV CL for July 2013 and I am thinking of upgrading to a deluxe room. I have seen pics of the BC deluxe rooms, but I'm having a hard time finding YC ones. I found a link on the first page of this thread, but it's to an old thread with a few YC deluxe pics, but they are from 2008 and show the beds and I think a daybed, don't really show the room. The Disney site states it sleeps 4 and doesn't mention a daybed, so I was wondering if a daybed is even available with that room type . TIA for any information anyone can give. .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-15-2012, 05:17 PM   #1878
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

First, Ninja Mom, really glad to hear the good news about your mom. Continuing to keep you and your family in our thoughts and prayers.

Second, due to BC Marketplace menu changes, I think I'm going to do another round of BC Marketplace photos in a few weeks. I may look like a crazy person again, but I'm planning to be up pretty early, so fewer guests will consider reporting me to the BC police. Otherwise, I may need to ask Teena to bail me out.

As for the BC Marketplace menu changes, that's a tough one for us. We're big fans of the breakfast croissants and really sad to see them go. Looking forward to hearing more reviews of the replacement breakfast options.
Disneyland (x many since 1975), Poly (x many since 1983), BC (x many since 1992), BWI (x3), YC, CR, WL (x2), AKL, POFQ, Dolphin, CSR (x3), CBR, POR-Riverside, All Star Sports, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, runDisney: 2013 Inaugural Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and Cinderella Family 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL/GF/BWI!)
Old 09-15-2012, 05:31 PM   #1879
K&C
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
First, Ninja Mom, really glad to hear the good news about your mom. Continuing to keep you and your family in our thoughts and prayers.

Second, due to BC Marketplace menu changes, I think I'm going to do another round of BC Marketplace photos in a few weeks. I may look like a crazy person again, but I'm planning to be up pretty early, so fewer guests will consider reporting me to the BC police. Otherwise, I may need to ask Teena to bail me out.
If your still there when I arrive I'll cover you!!
I can do dark glasses and suit very well
Old 09-15-2012, 06:32 PM   #1880
DisneyMomx7
DIS Veteran

Quote:

As for the BC Marketplace menu changes, that's a tough one for us. We're big fans of the breakfast croissants and really sad to see them go. Looking forward to hearing more reviews of the replacement breakfast options.
Can't wait to see your new pics!
My kids really liked the breakfast croissants too, but I'm glad to see a breakfast platter. Now if they would only do Mickey waffles . . .

GF-2003,2004,2005,2006,2008,2009,2011,2013,2014
YC-2006,2007,2008,2014 POLY- 2006,2007,2008
BC-2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013
HRH-2004,2006, RPR-2012, 2014
Old 09-15-2012, 07:53 PM   #1881
kelleigh1
Disney Baby
I sleep with Pooh & Mickey
Kicked off the school bus

Quote:

NM update! I spent the afternoon with my Mom who is now home from the hospital. She was having one of her better days so I had the chance to do a lot for her. We both really enjoyed spending the time with each other and I was thrilled to find her sitting outside on such a beautiful day! It really is a gift to be able to take care of her and we both appreciate all the love that is involved in an undertaking like this. Thanks to everybody who is keeping us in their thoughts and prayers!
So happy for you!!!

Childless doesn't mean that we're not a family. MLA RLA

Old 09-15-2012, 08:30 PM   #1882
Glittercat
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Happy to see you here! Welcome!!!
Thank you so much for the warm welcome! ~Rebecca

Old 09-15-2012, 08:52 PM   #1883
Glittercat
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Just want to say thank you to all who have provided so much information to this thread. We finally will be arriving at YC for the first time tomorrow and are so excited, and so prepared!

Thank you!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Travel safe and have an incredible trip!

Old 09-15-2012, 08:54 PM   #1884
Glittercat
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalabubbles View Post
Working my last 12 hour shift then I am off for 20 days!!!!! We will be arriving at AoA on Wednesday then it is on to the BC the next day for 10 wonderful days .
Hope your vacation is simply magical!

Old 09-15-2012, 09:00 PM   #1885
redgrapes2
Earning My Ears

Thrilled to be joining this group! Stayed at BC CL in April and raved about the trip so much that our extended family trip for 11 is now planned for 24Nov-01Dec at BCV. Not fortunate enough to snag a BOG reservation, but did get a FD pin. Hoping the weather cooperates enough for us to enjoy SAB again and that MVMCP is as great as everyone says! Thanks for letting me join and look forward to our trip!
Old 09-15-2012, 09:02 PM   #1886
Glittercat
Mouseketeer

NM update! I spent the afternoon with my Mom who is now home from the hospital. She was having one of her better days so I had the chance to do a lot for her. We both really enjoyed spending the time with each other and I was thrilled to find her sitting outside on such a beautiful day! It really is a gift to be able to take care of her and we both appreciate all the love that is involved in an undertaking like this. Thanks to everybody who is keeping us in their thoughts and prayers! [/QUOTE]

Sending positive energy and healing thoughts to you and your mom! I've been my mom's caregiver (through cancer) for the past year and celebrate every milestone. May there be many more beautiful days ahead for you both! Hope she continues to do very well!

Old 09-15-2012, 09:13 PM   #1887
Glittercat
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post

I started to add your dates to the list- for this year- and then I noticed your trip starts ONE YEAR FROM TODAY!

Oh thank you so much for the dancing bananas!!! We're so eager for this trip as it is been a loooong year! A year! The next one will pass much faster in anticipation! Yippy skippy! ummm not like i'm excitable or anything... Still, thinking super hopeful thoughts for you, your job, your family, and your upcoming trip *crosses fingers & makes Disney wish!*

Old 09-15-2012, 09:13 PM   #1888
babyberger
DIS Veteran

I have to thank you all once again! I would have never known to ask for a wedding gazebo view here at YC. After watching Illuminations from a perfect view I sit here on my balcony over looking the gazebo and looking out at Crescent Lake, BEAUTIFUL!!!

We did have a quick hiccup with our room, it smelled very musty and like mothballs. Our bellman (Rick) noticed it right away and called housekeeping. He told me that of the smell didn't dissipate to call the front desk and ask for a different room. When we returned from Epcot later in the afternoon, we could smell disinfectant over the misty odor so I called the front desk. I was told room assignments would call me right back and they did. She programmed my room keys as we spoke and moved us within 3 minutes. A few minutes later we were in a new room (with a better view) and the odor was 100% better!

My kids wanted to storm the parks today so we walked to Epcot then after a brief dry off from the rain took a bus to MK. I am hoping tomorrow we can spend some time at SAB

Thank you all again!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 09-15-2012, 09:28 PM   #1889
Cactus girl
Earning My Ears

At YC CL right now and loving it. They truly are treating us well. Our request for a daybed wasn't met, but it isn't too bad with the rollaway. They no
Longer give out rain ponchos in the regatta club. However, when I asked about the nearest camera store somehow the CF cards didn't make it in my bag) they said not to worry. They asked what I wanted and then sent out a runner to buy it and charged it to my room. Right then and there I swore that we would never stay anything but CL again. Life is good.
Old 09-15-2012, 10:44 PM   #1890
MacFranke
Earning My Ears

FYI Some good news

According to this month's issue of MouseSavers Newsletter.

Hurricane Hanna’s (Yacht & Beach Club) closed through 9/29/12 for refurbishment.

Ship Shape Health Club and Periwig Beauty & Barber Shop (Yacht & Beach Club) closed through 11/16/12. Guests may use the temporary health club in the Solarium at the Beach Club or the BoardWalk health club.

Looks like things might get back to normal soon.

I just love this thread, the Flat Ben Adventure and of course Princess Lily was PRICELESS!!!!!!!

A friendly lurker,
Lori
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: