Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 01:08 PM   #1846
ZehnJahren
DIS Veteran

Tomorrow!
Old 09-14-2012, 02:16 PM   #1847
Pinkgirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by *~PrincessBelle~* View Post
Just checked in... Did online check in and both my requests for king bed overlooking wedding pavilion were honored and our room was ready! Yay! Just off to captains grille for some lunch and will post pics later today
oooh do you have our room? Floor 4 first room along from the lifts?

Here we go with coffee pods from Lidl - there are 18 x 7g to a packet and they cost £1.69 here in the UK.

Register to remove

Old 09-14-2012, 02:21 PM   #1848
Pinkgirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Agreed. Although my first and last experience with the pod coffee also involved using a cup which must've been washed off in bleach. We bring Via and make due with that. We had a nice espresso from the little stand over on the Boardwalk though.

Where did you get that fabulous Union Jack poncho?! Love it! ... and that drink too, of course. (Hubs went to uni at Durham, by the way. )
Both DD and I had the Ponchos - so that DH could spot us if we wandered off we got them at Asda - which according to the adverts (lol) is part of the Walmart group. There has been so much Union Jack stuff available here in the UK this summer what with the Queens Jubilee and the Olympics. I even had a Union Jack brollie (sorry - umbrella) for our wedding photoshoot. - ooh another opportunity to post a wedding picture of us on the Yacht and Beach Club Beach .

Wow Durham Uni - what was he studying?
Old 09-14-2012, 02:26 PM   #1849
Pinkgirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCups4Me View Post
Hi All! I read this thread regularly but rarely post. You are a smart and entertaining bunch!

I was wondering if you know if Crew's Cup still only serves food seasonally? We'll be at BCV 11/10-11/13, which is supposed to be a very busy weekend for the Epcot resorts so I'm hoping that dinner will be served. Their menu selection would suit my family perfectly for an early dinner on our arrival day. I know there isn't a kids menu but my boys could easily split a sandwich or burger. And I've got my eye on those lobster sliders.

DH and I have been there for drinks but that was pre-kids and we didn't eat there. Thanks for your help!
Hi we were in the night of our wedding - waiting for Yachtsman to open and they said they only served apps. Go to Captains Grille the food if wonderful (and, I hate to say it, but better than Yachtsman with much better staff and service)
Old 09-14-2012, 02:37 PM   #1850
Bellabully
Official Disney Addict

1st Time at Beach Club

Staying at Beach Club Villas for the 1st time April 10-17th, so exited!!! Please add me to Be Our Guest list
Also, would the noodle family be available some fun with us? DD would love to create some wild and wacky photo ops, she is busy planning all kinds of adventures for them (if they graced us with their presence, he-he)!!!
Can't wait to enjoy SAB, not sure who is more excited me or DD
Thank you for creating and maintaining such a great thread! Also, a big thank you to all who share/post here! So helpful in the planning.

Me DH DD
September 2010: Port Orleans French Quarter, November 2011 & June 2012: Boardwalk Villas, April 2013: Beach Club Villas/Boardwalk Villas, April 2014: Beach Club Villas, April 2015 Beach Club Villas
Old 09-14-2012, 02:40 PM   #1851
Clarabel
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkgirl View Post
oooh do you have our room? Floor 4 first room along from the lifts?

Here we go with coffee pods from Lidl - there are 18 x 7g to a packet and they cost £1.69 here in the UK.

Champion, thank you, now I understand pods!
Old 09-14-2012, 02:43 PM   #1852
Pinkgirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarabel View Post
Champion, thank you, now I understand pods!
"Champion" - are you from Yorkshire by any chance?
Old 09-14-2012, 02:54 PM   #1853
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Both DD and I had the Ponchos - so that DH could spot us if we wandered off we got them at Asda - which according to the adverts (lol) is part of the Walmart group. There has been so much Union Jack stuff available here in the UK this summer what with the Queens Jubilee and the Olympics. I even had a Union Jack brollie (sorry - umbrella) for our wedding photoshoot. - ooh another opportunity to post a wedding picture of us on the Yacht and Beach Club Beach .

Wow Durham Uni - what was he studying?
Oh, must see the brollie wedding pic.

Doh! Only place we didn't stop in on our last trip back to visit the in-laws was Asda. Ah, it's an excuse for going out to the shops next time. (My hubs didn't care for my idea of going in matching Minnie ponchos. )

Was physics which makes me very but as long as he's happy. I love your city -- one of my favourites in all of the U.K. When he gets invited to conferences, I always make an excuse to go with.

And now, we've got to stop in the Captain's Grille next week... if only to see this moving boat. (And check out the desserts, obviously.)
Old 09-14-2012, 03:07 PM   #1854
thegib95
Mouseketeer

Pumped up and excited to share the Beach Club Experience with DW and DD it will be their first times in a DVC room at all, and we have a 2 Bedroom Dedicated.

Love this thread!

Can't wait to be there, and let my little fish of a 20 month old enjoy SAB

5 Days! 5 Days!

Me DW DD (1.4.11)

Upcoming: Dec 2013 -SS (Maybe?!?! or BWV)
Past: 1982: Mom's Belly | 1992-CB | 1997-PO | 1998-BWV | Summer 1999-BWV | Christmas 1999- BWV | Summer 2001-BW | Summer 2002-YC | Spring 2005-BCV | March 2010- POFQ
September 2012 -- BCV |
December 2013-AKL |
September 2014-AKL

Old 09-14-2012, 03:13 PM   #1855
Pinkgirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Oh, must see the brollie wedding pic.

... I love your city -- one of my favourites in all of the U.K.

And now, we've got to stop in the Captain's Grille next week... if only to see this moving boat. (And check out the desserts, obviously.)
oh well, seeming as you asked so nicely

I work in Durham, so get to see its beauty everyday. Often feel a bit greedy with both a Cathedral and a Castle

Really - its true - the boats move. I really dont understand how we are the first to ever notice it!
Old 09-14-2012, 03:18 PM   #1856
RobinHoodGirl
Which way to Sherwood Forest?

Happy Dance Time...

Just paid off my trip!!

And enjoying the info on the coffee as well... only took me nearly 30 years to be come an every day coffee drinker so it's nice to know what to expect when we get to the BC

sadly I realized that 2 months from today we'll be leaving WDW and I have no clue when I'll be able to get back since this is suppose to be a trip to last me for a few years
Old 09-14-2012, 04:16 PM   #1857
cindydare
Mouseketeer

Just got home from work and I had a Priority Mail envelope from Disney. DH thought it was just my PhotoPass+, so he didn't pay any attention to it. It was a packet about the Fast Pass+ and our invitation to test it. There were 4 FastPass+ cards, each with one of our names on it, and the login info. I went online and made our "reservations" and we're currently booked for Monday, Sept.24th, for Space Mountain, BTMRR, HM, and Dumbo!
Old 09-14-2012, 04:19 PM   #1858
KAZPRINCESS
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Here are the guests I have on the list for who may be there at the same time as you. I'm sure we will hear from a lot more people as the date gets closer.

KAZPRINCESS BC Aug 2 weeks!
franc Aug
Avenger117 Aug YC (Disney honeymoom)
vyrg August 5-16 YC (Our friend from France)

Here is the link for the Be Our Guest list on Page 1:

Post 13: Be Our Guest list

Speaking of the guest list- could everyone please check the list to make sure I have your info listed correctly.

Thanks!

Dee
Our dates are 6th - 20th August.

Thanks

Karen

Counting the days until 2 weeks at the Beach Club.

Old 09-14-2012, 05:03 PM   #1859
Clarabel
Earning My Ears

Quote:
"Champion" - are you from Yorkshire by any chance?

No, but my Dad is from the North-East. Those little idiosyncrasies rub off!! We're in Cumbria, hence the interest in Lidl
Old 09-14-2012, 05:29 PM   #1860
Me!Thatswho
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindydare View Post
Just got home from work and I had a Priority Mail envelope from Disney. DH thought it was just my PhotoPass+, so he didn't pay any attention to it. It was a packet about the Fast Pass+ and our invitation to test it. There were 4 FastPass+ cards, each with one of our names on it, and the login info. I went online and made our "reservations" and we're currently booked for Monday, Sept.24th, for Space Mountain, BTMRR, HM, and Dumbo!
Are they going to let you make resis for multiple days, or at they limiting you to a single day?

Hope you have blast using the new system!
August, 2005 - WDW All-Stars Movies & All-Stars Music -- May, 2006 - WDW Port Orleans French Quarter for SWW -- June, 2007 - WDW Contemporary for SWW -- Dec, 2007 - WDW Pop Century & Contemporary for MVMCP -- July, 2008 - DL Disneyland Hotel -- Dec, 2008 - Jan, 2009 - WDW Polynesian; NYE @ DHS -- Dec, 2009 - Jan, 2010 - WDW Polynesian; NYE: breakfast at AK; mid-day @ Blizzard Beach; evening @ Epcot for Illuminations; fireworks on Poly beach -- Oct, 2010 - WDW Polynesian for MNSSHP -- Nov, 2011 - DL Grand Californian Hotel -- Aug 2012 - WDW Beach Club CL -- Jan 2013 - WDW Yacht Club CL -- Dec 2013 - WDW Port Orleans Riverside: DD danced in XMas parade taping -- July 2014 - DLP Hotel New York
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: