Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 08:30 AM   #1831
kelleigh1
Disney Baby
I sleep with Pooh & Mickey
Kicked off the school bus

I don't drink coffee, but hubby does. We have a Keurig at home, which works for his daily cup of coffee and for me to make my iced tea. I really wish YC had Keurig because then I could bring our own.

He doesn't like Starbucks coffee, except the caramel macchiato, so those Via things wouldn't work for him. I don't want to buy a ton of pods since he's the only one who will drink the coffee and that's only 1 cup a day and we have no use for the pods once we leave, so he's probably going to just have to drink what he can find there.

Childless doesn't mean that we're not a family. MLA RLA

Old 09-14-2012, 09:48 AM   #1832
K&C
Mouseketeer

Have heard that the Senseo pods work in the Cuisinart machines but have not tried them yet. I have a pack purchased for our trip next month so will report back.

We stayed at the Grand Californinan at DL in July and the rooms had the same machines and coffee as the BC/YC. It was even DH wouldn't drink it.

Kelleigh1, if I have any left (which I should as DH isn't going to be with me till the last day) when we check out you are welcome to them.
Register to remove

Old 09-14-2012, 10:12 AM   #1833
Pinkgirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarabel View Post
Hi PinkGirl, love your photos Now, these pods you bought from lidl, did you use them in the in-room coffee machine? Not familiar with pod systems, are all pods compatible with pod machines? Thanks
Hi, they are not so much Pods as coffee bags. The one's I got from Lidl were in a pack of approx 20 (I am popping into Lidl on my way home as I need more). They are round, just like the Disney ones and are just slightly smaller - so to compensate, I just put less water in the machine.

I will post a picture of them later tonight.
Old 09-14-2012, 10:37 AM   #1834
Pinkgirl
DIS Veteran

Just found these photos of the laundry room at the quiet pool at Yacht Club

Old 09-14-2012, 10:40 AM   #1835
*~PrincessBelle~*
DIS Veteran

Just checked in... Did online check in and both my requests for king bed overlooking wedding pavilion were honored and our room was ready! Yay! Just off to captains grille for some lunch and will post pics later today
Old 09-14-2012, 10:41 AM   #1836
K&C
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by *~PrincessBelle~* View Post
Just checked in... Did online check in and both my requests for king bed overlooking wedding pavilion were honored and our room was ready! Yay! Just off to captains grille for some lunch and will post pics later today

Don't get seasick watching that boat!
Old 09-14-2012, 11:24 AM   #1837
skepace
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleigh1 View Post
I don't drink coffee, but hubby does. We have a Keurig at home, which works for his daily cup of coffee and for me to make my iced tea. I really wish YC had Keurig because then I could bring our own.

He doesn't like Starbucks coffee, except the caramel macchiato, so those Via things wouldn't work for him. I don't want to buy a ton of pods since he's the only one who will drink the coffee and that's only 1 cup a day and we have no use for the pods once we leave, so he's probably going to just have to drink what he can find there.
I was told by the IPO for YC CL that the CL rooms have the Keurig machines in there. I sure hope they are right or its going to be rough mornings for me while my DW is getting ready.

http://shawnpace.myoilproducts.com
Old 09-14-2012, 01:03 PM   #1838
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Sounds like a great start to your trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skepace View Post
I was told by the IPO for YC CL that the CL rooms have the Keurig machines in there. I sure hope they are right or its going to be rough mornings for me while my DW is getting ready.
Unfortunately, according to my notes, it is only the suites (1BR, 2 BR, VP and Presidential Suites) that have the Keurigs. The rest of the rooms, including the regular CL and deluxe CL have been invaded by the Pods

Has anyone there recently experienced anything different from that?

I read someone's comment today in a TR that they had the option to rent a Kuerig for a week through one of the shopping services for around $25, I think. It wasn't one of the more popular services, but this might be something my fellow caffeine addicts want to check into!
Old 09-14-2012, 01:43 PM   #1839
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkgirl View Post
Bring your own - the coffee was VILE - and this coming from someone who used to love Disney coffee. I took my own coffee pods which I got from Lidl.
Agreed. Although my first and last experience with the pod coffee also involved using a cup which must've been washed off in bleach. We bring Via and make due with that. We had a nice espresso from the little stand over on the Boardwalk though.

Where did you get that fabulous Union Jack poncho?! Love it! ... and that drink too, of course. (Hubs went to uni at Durham, by the way. )
Old 09-14-2012, 01:44 PM   #1840
kelleigh1
Disney Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by K&C View Post
Have heard that the Senseo pods work in the Cuisinart machines but have not tried them yet. I have a pack purchased for our trip next month so will report back.

We stayed at the Grand Californinan at DL in July and the rooms had the same machines and coffee as the BC/YC. It was even DH wouldn't drink it.

Kelleigh1, if I have any left (which I should as DH isn't going to be with me till the last day) when we check out you are welcome to them.
Thank you! That is very nice of you. I'll PM you so you'll have my name so if there are any, you can leave them for me.

Old 09-14-2012, 01:45 PM   #1841
*~PrincessBelle~*
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by K&C

Don't get seasick watching that boat!
I actually made a point of making DH check out the boats he says it was just the making stuff up thanks to the mimosas...
Old 09-14-2012, 01:46 PM   #1842
TCups4Me
Mouseketeer

Crew's Cup

Hi All! I read this thread regularly but rarely post. You are a smart and entertaining bunch!

I was wondering if you know if Crew's Cup still only serves food seasonally? We'll be at BCV 11/10-11/13, which is supposed to be a very busy weekend for the Epcot resorts so I'm hoping that dinner will be served. Their menu selection would suit my family perfectly for an early dinner on our arrival day. I know there isn't a kids menu but my boys could easily split a sandwich or burger. And I've got my eye on those lobster sliders.

DH and I have been there for drinks but that was pre-kids and we didn't eat there. Thanks for your help!

Me DH :: DS6:: DS3::
Old 09-14-2012, 01:50 PM   #1843
kelleigh1
Disney Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by skepace View Post
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. This trip is already a big splurge for us, so I couldn't upgrade to CL too.

Old 09-14-2012, 01:52 PM   #1844
kelleigh1
Disney Baby

Quote:
Can't wait to read your updates since we'll be there in 6 weeks and we're also starting our trip with lunch at Captain's Grille!

Old 09-14-2012, 02:04 PM   #1845
cindydare
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishinon3stars View Post
Thread has been kind of quiet lately . . . so I just thought I'd post that I arrive one week from Sunday . .
One week from today for us!! See you there!

Cindy
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: