Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 05:27 PM   #1816
Clarabel
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkgirl View Post
Bring your own - the coffee was VILE - and this coming from someone who used to love Disney coffee. I took my own coffee pods which I got from Lidl.
Hi PinkGirl, love your photos Now, these pods you bought from lidl, did you use them in the in-room coffee machine? Not familiar with pod systems, are all pods compatible with pod machines? Thanks
Old 09-13-2012, 06:05 PM   #1817
ZehnJahren
DIS Veteran

With those cuisinart pod machines, can you just get hot water too? I don't drink coffee, but have a green tea every morning and was counting on this. Any idea?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-13-2012, 06:16 PM   #1818
natebenma
DIS Veteran

You guys can't even imagine how much I sympathize with you about your morning coffee (and tea).

As some of you know, my very first question here on the BC/YC thread was "What kind of coffee makers are in the rooms?"

When we stayed at All Star Music in 2008, I brought a brand new coffee maker, used it during our stay and added it to a fridge swap that was going on at the time. I'm not suggesting that...

During my recent class trip stay at All Star Movies, I used my refill mug. I prefer hot, black coffee, but iced coffee (with cream and sweetener) will do in a pinch. I made sure I had filled my mug before going to bed, stored it in the fridge and added ice in the morning. That got me through until I could make it to the food court for some hot stuff.

I don't like what I have heard about these "coffee pods" but I haven't personally experienced them.

I hear good things about Starbucks via, but I think you need hot water for those.

Good luck all, and please share your caffeine solutions!
Old 09-13-2012, 06:54 PM   #1819
JanetMom
DIS Veteran

Pinkgirl - LOVE that photo! It is fantastic.

(Now I want a grey goose slushie - Mmmm)

Trip Report - Dining with Disers 2014
Trip Report - March Break 2012 at the YC http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post44422655
Trip Report - March Break 2010 at CR – with stops at Poly, GF, WL, BW, BC, YC, MK, Epcot, HS, DD, and TL http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post35923604
Trip Report - Solo trip - A brief stay at CSR with a stop at AKL (with pics!) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36750372

FW - 1972 (I think, I was little then!); WL - 2004; WL CL - 2007; CR CL - 2010; CSR - 2010; YC CL - 2012; BC - 2014
Old 09-13-2012, 06:55 PM   #1820
threedisprincesses
Mouseketeer

I did look on-line for Starbucks pods. All I could find were espresso pods. I'm willing to try those!
I had the same question about do all pods fit all pod coffee machines? Did someone post a picture of one on the boards?
I would also love to hear about the new Starbucks!
Old 09-13-2012, 09:04 PM   #1821
saquin
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZehnJahren View Post
With those cuisinart pod machines, can you just get hot water too? I don't drink coffee, but have a green tea every morning and was counting on this. Any idea?
Yes, you can. I did this. Just fill the receptacle with water, place the cup, hit "start". The water will drip into the mug as it comes to a boil. I believe it beeped when it was ready.

March 1978 - Contemporary ... April 1981 - HiQ on I-Drive... April 1985 - Polynesian... November 2007 - Yacht Club... November 2008 - Yacht Club... November 2011 - Beach Club... April 2012 - Beach Club... November 2012 - Beach Club... May 2013 - Beach Club... November 2013 - Beach Club... May 2014 - Beach Club
Old 09-13-2012, 09:19 PM   #1822
Erin1700
At least I am bragging about using soap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katesdad View Post
Okay, I'll tell you, DON'T SWITCH RESORTS!

Look back a few pages, there is a lot of information on this particular topic. There are pictures of the options of the food being served in the arcade area, with the food being served from the hot dog stand, and with the hosts and hostesses walking around SAB taking drink orders. YC/BC hasn't moved and is still within walking distace of Epcot and all the food options in the WS. You can still walk to HS or take the water taxi there. It is still the best, it's just that they are currently making it better and they happened to pick the time to do it while you are visiting. Who knows, maybe the refurb of HH will be completed in time for your visit and you can be one of the first visitors to order your favorite non-alcoholic beverage from the castmember working there. How special would that be?
Do they still have the buckets and shovel kids meals?
I think my problem is I don't like change. But this HH closure thing is just a small one so I can live with it.
Old 09-13-2012, 09:36 PM   #1823
KJay
DIS Veteran

Coffee- I was very happy when I decided to walk over to Ale & Compass halfway through my trip instead of going to Marketplace early in the morning- kicked myself for not doing it earlier!

One thing I forgot to include in my very long trip feedback post (that was probably too long for most people to read.... )

I went to MK during the last week of August. It was at least 90 degrees out, and humidity was off the charts. Summer. I was really disappointed (and this was the only disappointment of my whole trip) to see...halloween decorations??!! Sooooo out of place. I've since come to understand that there are lots of people who like this- they hope the decorations will be up, no matter how far before fall they arrive- but I just can't get into it. It definitely took away from the magic in a big way on my first MK morning. How do you all feel about it? I know this MK halloween thing is not specifically BC-related, but it made me wonder about BC- how early do they put up the gingerbread house and other holiday decorations?
Old 09-13-2012, 09:55 PM   #1824
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJay
Coffee- I was very happy when I decided to walk over to Ale & Compass halfway through my trip instead of going to Marketplace early in the morning- kicked myself for not doing it earlier!

One thing I forgot to include in my very long trip feedback post (that was probably too long for most people to read.... )

I went to MK during the last week of August. It was at least 90 degrees out, and humidity was off the charts. Summer. I was really disappointed (and this was the only disappointment of my whole trip) to see...halloween decorations??!! Sooooo out of place. I've since come to understand that there are lots of people who like this- they hope the decorations will be up, no matter how far before fall they arrive- but I just can't get into it. It definitely took away from the magic in a big way on my first MK morning. How do you all feel about it? I know this MK halloween thing is not specifically BC-related, but it made me wonder about BC- how early do they put up the gingerbread house and other holiday decorations?
From what I have read the resort holiday decorations go up around Thanksgiving. But I understand what you are saying. I grew up in the north bundled up in layers for trick or treating and now living in south Florida my kids sweat in their costumes. The weather just doesn't match the fall and winter holidays. I still laugh looking at the palm trees while the kids play in the pool on Thanksgiving and Christmas. We actually took the kids to NY in January just so they could actually see and feel real snow

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 09-13-2012, 10:06 PM   #1825
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Holiday decorations start on 11/1. The parks and resorts are done on a lottery system. Once the Y&B was done the first week of November, once a few days before Thanksgiving. We usually get told a few days before it happens.
Old 09-13-2012, 10:15 PM   #1826
ZehnJahren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by saquin View Post
Yes, you can. I did this. Just fill the receptacle with water, place the cup, hit "start". The water will drip into the mug as it comes to a boil. I believe it beeped when it was ready.
Thanks so much; was spoiled by Keurig machines, and at home I make a big ol' vat of green tea every Sunday night for the rest of the week - I need my tea!!!
Old 09-14-2012, 07:29 AM   #1827
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cee View Post
We will be at the BCV in just over two weeks! In a 1 BR. Our first time in the villas. We've stayed in the hotel before. We just LOVE it and it's proximity to all things Food & Wine Festival. Friday, Sept. 28 - Friday, Oct. 5.

Can't wait!

I have added you to the Be Our Guest list on Page 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me!Thatswho View Post
Hi all,

I had every intention of doing a day-by-day account of our first trip staying at the BC CL. Unfortunately, we had too much fun and, by the time I returned to our room, the only thing I had on my mind was sleep. And, in the three weeks since we returned, it has been non-stop with school, fall baseball, dance, etc.

To keep it short and sweet: we absolutely loved the BC and the perks associated with staying on the CL. We have become converts to the beauty and location of the Epcot resorts! In fact, we loved it so much that, not only have we lost interest in staying on the monorail loop, but just yesterday we already booked next our next trip. This time, however, we're going to visit the YC CL in effort to experience the dark side (or at least the side with the darker wood ). We'll be hopping down for a short trip (Jan 17-22) for DD's 10th birthday. Needless to say, we can't wait! Plus we hope it's at least warm enough to be able to again jump in SAB.

The only bad part about our trip is that we were unable to meet Teena. After reading all of the posts on the old thread, I felt as if I had knew her and, at very least, wanted to introduce myself and say hi. At one point (I believe it was Sat Aug 18th) I saw her in the lobby when I was running back to the room for my 2ndary battery for my camera. Unfortunately she was greeting other guests, so I didn't want to interrupt, and, by the time I came downstairs, she must have off doing other things. So, when we return January, meeting Teena is on the top of our must do list!

Let the countdown begin!!!!!!!!!
back!!!

So glad to hear you have fallen in love with the resort. I get it!

I have added you to the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin1700 View Post
New to this thread.

We are going Dec 7 thru Dec 15. We have stayed the last 2 years at BC. I am so upset that HH will not be opened. They have some nice nonalcoholic drinks that we like to share while we are at the pool and my kids sometimes get lunch there.

Someone tell me not to switch resorts just because HH is closed! I feel like there is no where to get food now at the resort. My kids are 5 and 11 and they don't like the Marketplace sandwiches.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin1700 View Post
Do they still have the buckets and shovel kids meals?
I think my problem is I don't like change. But this HH closure thing is just a small one so I can live with it.
Another

I have added you to the list.

I have asked a couple of times for someone to check to see if the kids meals are still served in a bucket during the HH refurb. Haven't seen the answer yet.

Here's another option to consider since your kids don't like the Marketplace sandwiches. Certainly not as convenient as getting a sandwich poolside, but there are some really yummy sandwiches available at the French bakery that can be easily transported back to the resort. The bonus is all of the fantastic desserts available, as long as you are there anyway!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessietheNCCowgirl View Post
Thank you so much for all the info on this thread. I have been studying it for the past couple weeks and have made my room requests based on the helpful info contained here.

In 2-weeks we are leaving for a 10-night stay at WDW. My daughter has fall break which cooincides with DH and my 20th anniversary (Oct 3). We are staying the first 3-nights in a LM room at AoA and then moving to the YC September 30th through Oct 7!! I can't wait!

We've always wanted to try the BC/YC and now I get to say I am staying there!! On our last trip we walked from Studios to Epcot and when we got near SAB my DD said "I can't look at that pool, it makes me jealous." She's so excited to get to try it out (and I am too)!

I will report back here when we return and let you know how we liked it.
Thanks again!
and Happy Anniversary!

I'm glad to hear you have found this thread to be helpful.

What a great trip you have lined up!

I have added you to the Be Our Guest list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyrg View Post
Hi Everyone

I'm the YC's friend from France. I 'm just booking my flight. My trip is August 5-16 th. I'm so happy. I have already booked disney's magical express.

Is someone in the YC at the same date ?
Here are the guests I have on the list for who may be there at the same time as you. I'm sure we will hear from a lot more people as the date gets closer.

KAZPRINCESS BC Aug 2 weeks!
franc Aug
Avenger117 Aug YC (Disney honeymoom)
vyrg August 5-16 YC (Our friend from France)

Here is the link for the Be Our Guest list on Page 1:

Post 13: Be Our Guest list

Speaking of the guest list- could everyone please check the list to make sure I have your info listed correctly.

Thanks!

Dee
Old 09-14-2012, 07:31 AM   #1828
wishinon3stars
Mouseketeer

Thread has been kind of quiet lately . . . so I just thought I'd post that I arrive one week from Sunday . .

Poly: Sept 1984 Honeymoon!; Off-site: April 1994; April 1998, July 1999;
BCV: May 2009; BCV: Sept 2010; BCV: Sept 2012;
Dolphin: June 2013; Sept 2014 BC
Old 09-14-2012, 07:54 AM   #1829
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishinon3stars View Post
Thread has been kind of quiet lately . . . so I just thought I'd post that I arrive one week from Sunday . .

That's exciting!!!
Old 09-14-2012, 08:11 AM   #1830
skepace
Mouseketeer

So, we told the kiddos last night that we are going in 3 weeks and they flipped! Our son wouldn't believe us! Our daughter started to cry she was so happy.

: cool1:

Onto final planning and time for me to buckle down at work before we go.

http://shawnpace.myoilproducts.com
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: