Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 08:52 PM   #1801
JoshMom5
Now residing in ONEderland!!
My birthday wish was for some color

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsme View Post
So today we get back from HS, my DH takes a nap, my DD lays on the bed playing with her kindle, & I took a bath. We are staying a suite at BC. I come out of the bathroom in just my undies & start blow drying my hair. I hear a noise, look over my shoulder & see a male BC CM leaving our room. I look at my daughter & ask her if she saw him & if she knew he was in the room. She said yes she saw him leave but no she didn't see him enter. (I'm sure he DID knock, but no one heard him) Both DD and I burst out laughing All I can say is at least I had undies on! Too funny! Poor guy!!

That is just too funny!

Old 09-13-2012, 05:29 AM   #1802
Katesdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin1700 View Post
Someone tell me not to switch resorts just because HH is closed!
Okay, I'll tell you, DON'T SWITCH RESORTS!

Look back a few pages, there is a lot of information on this particular topic. There are pictures of the options of the food being served in the arcade area, with the food being served from the hot dog stand, and with the hosts and hostesses walking around SAB taking drink orders. YC/BC hasn't moved and is still within walking distace of Epcot and all the food options in the WS. You can still walk to HS or take the water taxi there. It is still the best, it's just that they are currently making it better and they happened to pick the time to do it while you are visiting. Who knows, maybe the refurb of HH will be completed in time for your visit and you can be one of the first visitors to order your favorite non-alcoholic beverage from the castmember working there. How special would that be?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-13-2012, 05:33 AM   #1803
Katesdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by birmantaz View Post
I just saw on all ears that only some ground floor rooms have patios - is that true?
I have to say in that looking at all the pictures I have and in the two stays I have had at the YC/BC, I can't think of any ground floor rooms without an outdoor seating area. Did you ask the poster on AllEars to elaborate on this matter?
Old 09-13-2012, 07:00 AM   #1804
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin1700 View Post
New to this thread.

We are going Dec 7 thru Dec 15. We have stayed the last 2 years at BC. I am so upset that HH will not be opened. They have some nice nonalcoholic drinks that we like to share while we are at the pool and my kids sometimes get lunch there.

Someone tell me not to switch resorts just because HH is closed! I feel like there is no where to get food now at the resort. My kids are 5 and 11 and they don't like the Marketplace sandwiches.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katesdad View Post
Okay, I'll tell you, DON'T SWITCH RESORTS!

Look back a few pages, there is a lot of information on this particular topic. There are pictures of the options of the food being served in the arcade area, with the food being served from the hot dog stand, and with the hosts and hostesses walking around SAB taking drink orders. YC/BC hasn't moved and is still within walking distace of Epcot and all the food options in the WS. You can still walk to HS or take the water taxi there. It is still the best, it's just that they are currently making it better and they happened to pick the time to do it while you are visiting. Who knows, maybe the refurb of HH will be completed in time for your visit and you can be one of the first visitors to order your favorite non-alcoholic beverage from the castmember working there. How special would that be?
I'm with him!!! Don't switch resorts!

Even if HH hasn't reopened by the time your trip arrived, the BC and YC resorts will be beautifully decorated for the holidays and like Katesdad said, it will be really great to be so close to EPCOT and HS.

So, to this thread, and I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list on Page 1, until I hear otherwise.

Old 09-13-2012, 07:47 AM   #1805
kelleigh1
Disney Baby
I sleep with Pooh & Mickey
Kicked off the school bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Okay, that settles it -- going to have to make a visit to the Captain's Grille.
I need to remember to check this out since we plan on eating at Captain's Grille on arrival day.

Childless doesn't mean that we're not a family. MLA RLA

Old 09-13-2012, 07:49 AM   #1806
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

OK ... we ate there twice when Princess Lily, Jeanne, Bob and I stayed at the BC in August and never noticed the boats moving. Could be we were busy trying to keep Her Highness from throwing noodles at other guests but really, you think we might have noticed it ????? I'm walking over there on Sunday or Monday and checking it out!
Old 09-13-2012, 08:12 AM   #1807
outahere

Quote:
Originally Posted by threedisprincesses View Post
Can anyone comment on the current coffee pot situation at YC? Do they have the "pod" coffee pots? If so, is there a certain type of pod?
I obviously am very concerned about my coffee.

TIA
Yes, they have the pod coffee makers. I don't recall what brand of coffee they supply, but when we were there last month we made coffee the first morning and it was absolutely disgusting! We used bottled water, so I know it wasn't because of the "Florida water".

If you are concerned about your coffee, I would suggest either bringing a small 4 cup coffee maker and your own coffee and filters (use bottled water), or go to A&C in the lobby. Their coffee wasn't the best, but it was a huge improvement over the coffee in the room.

Disney Magic - April, 2004 / EB Panama Canal crossing - August, 2005 / Thanksgiving, 2006 / April, 2009 / February, 2011 / March, 2014
Disney Wonder - September, 2002 / April, 2007 / April, 2008 / Thanksgiving, 2009 / April, 2010
Disney Dream - April, 2011 / August, 2012 / February, 2014
Polynesian CL - August, 2004 / April, 2010 / August, 2010 / October, 2013
Yacht Club CL - August, 2011 / April, 2012 / August, 2012 / August, 2013 / April, 2014 / June, 2014
Grand Floridian Sugar Loaf CL - February, 2013
Wilderness Lodge CL - December, 2013
OKW - February, 2012 / June, 2013
VWL - August, 2006
WDW - offsite, more times than I can count since 1978
S/S Norway - 1984, 1985, 1991
Norwegian Pearl - Alaska - August, 2007
Old 09-13-2012, 08:51 AM   #1808
JessietheNCCowgirl
Yeehaw!

Thank you so much for all the info on this thread. I have been studying it for the past couple weeks and have made my room requests based on the helpful info contained here.

In 2-weeks we are leaving for a 10-night stay at WDW. My daughter has fall break which cooincides with DH and my 20th anniversary (Oct 3). We are staying the first 3-nights in a LM room at AoA and then moving to the YC September 30th through Oct 7!! I can't wait!

We've always wanted to try the BC/YC and now I get to say I am staying there!! On our last trip we walked from Studios to Epcot and when we got near SAB my DD said "I can't look at that pool, it makes me jealous." She's so excited to get to try it out (and I am too)!

I will report back here when we return and let you know how we liked it.
Thanks again!
Port Orleans-1992 & 1994 CBR & POFQ -2000 Coronado Springs-2001 Polynesian-2003 AKL & GF- 2004 WL & GF 2006 POFQ -2007 CBR-2008 Polynesian-2009 POR Aug & Oct 2010 POR Jan 2011, CBR Feb 2011, POFQ Aug 2011, POR Oct 2011, ASMo Dec 2011, Polynesian Feb 2012, Pop & POR May 2012, AoA and Yacht Club Oct 2012 BWI & YC Aug 2013, Poly Oct 2013, YC May 2014, BWI July 2014
Old 09-13-2012, 11:14 AM   #1809
Pinkgirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post
Hey Pink Girl! How many of those sunken treasures/ grey goose slushies does it take before you start to see the ships move?

~NM
Just the one

Old 09-13-2012, 11:17 AM   #1810
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Can anyone comment on the current coffee pot situation at YC? Do they have the "pod" coffee pots? If so, is there a certain type of pod?

TIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by outahere View Post
Yes, they have the pod coffee makers. I don't recall what brand of coffee they supply, but when we were there last month we made coffee the first morning and it was absolutely disgusting! We used bottled water, so I know it wasn't because of the "Florida water".

If you are concerned about your coffee, I would suggest either bringing a small 4 cup coffee maker and your own coffee and filters (use bottled water), or go to A&C in the lobby. Their coffee wasn't the best, but it was a huge improvement over the coffee in the room.

Sorry- I meant to reply to this yesterday but I got distracted by the pretty, moving sailboats at Captain's Grille...

Here is the post from the FAQ on Page 1:

What kind of coffeemakers are in the resort rooms?

As of October 2011, the drip coffee makers in the BC and YC resort rooms were replaced.

The regular resort rooms and club level rooms (including Deluxe Rooms) now have the Cuisinart Double Pod Machines:

Thanks for the photos Rorey, Cinderumbrella and MickeyT!

Here is what I believe are in the rooms currently. Anyone who has been there more recently, please correct this info if it is wrong:

All regular (non-club level) rooms: Cuisinart Pods

All standard club level rooms, all views (standard meaning non-suite), including Deluxe Club Level Rooms: Cuisinart Pods

Suites (1 BR, 2 BR, VP, Presidential Suites): Keurig K-cup

Beach Club Villas- Mr. Coffee-type makers (4 cup for studio, 10 cup for 1BR, 2BR)

I think this applies to both BC and YC- again, let me know if I am wrong!
Old 09-13-2012, 11:18 AM   #1811
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Originally Posted by Ninja Mom
Hey Pink Girl! How many of those sunken treasures/ grey goose slushies does it take before you start to see the ships move?

~NM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkgirl View Post
Just the one

Love it!!!

Old 09-13-2012, 12:02 PM   #1812
Pinkgirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:

TIA
Bring your own - the coffee was VILE - and this coming from someone who used to love Disney coffee. I took my own coffee pods which I got from Lidl.
Old 09-13-2012, 12:34 PM   #1813
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkgirl View Post
Bring your own - the coffee was VILE - and this coming from someone who used to love Disney coffee. I took my own coffee pods which I got from Lidl.
I drink iced coffee every morning lately, but I didn't drink coffe at WDW at all. This year I'm bringing my starbucks sticks.....

Speaking of which did anyone see the starbucks this summer, any word on the opening yet?

Old 09-13-2012, 03:08 PM   #1814
vyrg
Lilipépite

update

Hi Everyone

I'm the YC's friend from France. I 'm just booking my flight. My trip is August 5-16 th. I'm so happy. I have already booked disney's magical express.

Is someone in the YC at the same date ?
Old 09-13-2012, 03:54 PM   #1815
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkgirl

I am so glad I bought a travel Keurig, I will be bringing it this weekend for sure!!!! Must start you day with GOOD coffee!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: