Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 12:06 PM   #1786
Cee
DIS Veteran

We will be at the BCV in just over two weeks! In a 1 BR. Our first time in the villas. We've stayed in the hotel before. We just LOVE it and it's proximity to all things Food & Wine Festival. Friday, Sept. 28 - Friday, Oct. 5.

Can't wait!
Old 09-12-2012, 03:14 PM   #1787
tsme
DIS Veteran

Funny story

So today we get back from HS, my DH takes a nap, my DD lays on the bed playing with her kindle, & I took a bath. We are staying a suite at BC. I come out of the bathroom in just my undies & start blow drying my hair. I hear a noise, look over my shoulder & see a male BC CM leaving our room. I look at my daughter & ask her if she saw him & if she knew he was in the room. She said yes she saw him leave but no she didn't see him enter. (I'm sure he DID knock, but no one heard him) Both DD and I burst out laughing All I can say is at least I had undies on! Too funny! Poor guy!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-12-2012, 03:41 PM   #1788
wishinon3stars
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsme View Post
So today we get back from HS, my DH takes a nap, my DD lays on the bed playing with her kindle, & I took a bath. We are staying a suite at BC. I come out of the bathroom in just my undies & start blow drying my hair. I hear a noise, look over my shoulder & see a male BC CM leaving our room. I look at my daughter & ask her if she saw him & if she knew he was in the room. She said yes she saw him leave but no she didn't see him enter. (I'm sure he DID knock, but no one heard him) Both DD and I burst out laughing All I can say is at least I had undies on! Too funny! Poor guy!!

Is that what the CM was doing?

Poly: Sept 1984 Honeymoon!; Off-site: April 1994; April 1998, July 1999;
BCV: May 2009; BCV: Sept 2010; BCV: Sept 2012;
Dolphin: June 2013; Sept 2014 BC
Old 09-12-2012, 04:10 PM   #1789
Pinkgirl
DIS Veteran

We ate at Captain's Grille a few times during our stay and one morning at breakfast DD started going on about the "ship moving". Well I didnt have a clue what she was on about because I had my back to said "ship". Finally I got up and discovered that there was in fact a picture on the wall of Captains Grille with moving ships. DH couldnt believe that after all the hours I had spent on this thread that I hadnt read anything about it!

Old 09-12-2012, 05:09 PM   #1790
birmantaz
Mouseketeer

Thanks for bumping! Anyone have the answers? Do all ground rooms have a patio and are ther sand toys around SAB? Thanks!
Old 09-12-2012, 05:20 PM   #1791
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkgirl View Post
We ate at Captain's Grille a few times during our stay and one morning at breakfast DD started going on about the "ship moving". Well I didnt have a clue what she was on about because I had my back to said "ship". Finally I got up and discovered that there was in fact a picture on the wall of Captains Grille with moving ships. DH couldnt believe that after all the hours I had spent on this thread that I hadnt read anything about it!

OK, that is seriously cool!!! I didn't know anything about this, so thank you so much for sharing and including pictures.

Now, I expect this kind of thing at Hogwarts, but at Captain's Grille????
Old 09-12-2012, 05:21 PM   #1792
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Okay, that settles it -- going to have to make a visit to the Captain's Grille.
Old 09-12-2012, 06:02 PM   #1793
KJay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Now, I expect this kind of thing at Hogwarts, but at Captain's Grille????
That's exactly what I thought! Very cool. Another thing for my "next time" list....
Old 09-12-2012, 06:45 PM   #1794
MickeyT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by birmantaz View Post
Thanks for bumping! Anyone have the answers? Do all ground rooms have a patio and are ther sand toys around SAB? Thanks!
Ok. Let's try it this way. Has anyone had a ground floor room that did NOT have a patio?

I think there are usually sand toys around SAB where folks have left them but don't think they are provided by Y&BC. Anyone?

Old 09-12-2012, 06:48 PM   #1795
jamala
Mouseketeer

Everytime we have been at SAB there have always been toys in the sand area. I think it is where other guests leave them and not BC/YC toys.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:44 PM   #1796
threedisprincesses
Mouseketeer

Can anyone comment on the current coffee pot situation at YC? Do they have the "pod" coffee pots? If so, is there a certain type of pod?
I obviously am very concerned about my coffee.

TIA
Old 09-12-2012, 09:03 PM   #1797
clc053103
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE="natebenma"]

Yes, there is a small gap. birmantaz is scheduled to return the noodles on 9/20 and LJD2143 is scheduled to pick them up on 9/22.

I have put you on the list for 9/20-9/22, so you may want to PM those two to coordinate the times the noodles will be available, or even arrange a direct swap if the timing is right.

Oh, and I added you to the Be Our Guest list, too!

Thank you! I just reached out to my fellow noodlers. I am thrilled you could accommodate at the last minute, as I remembered that my mom loves floating on a noodle in The pool!
BWV 98, 01, 08
BLT (our DVC home): 09, 10, 11, 12 (split stay w/ BCV), spring break 2013, Fall 2013, 2014
WL: 2011
AKL: 2012
OKW: 2013
DCL Dream: 2012, 2014
Old 09-12-2012, 09:28 PM   #1798
Me!Thatswho
Mouseketeer

Hi all,

I had every intention of doing a day-by-day account of our first trip staying at the BC CL. Unfortunately, we had too much fun and, by the time I returned to our room, the only thing I had on my mind was sleep. And, in the three weeks since we returned, it has been non-stop with school, fall baseball, dance, etc.

To keep it short and sweet: we absolutely loved the BC and the perks associated with staying on the CL. We have become converts to the beauty and location of the Epcot resorts! In fact, we loved it so much that, not only have we lost interest in staying on the monorail loop, but just yesterday we already booked next our next trip. This time, however, we're going to visit the YC CL in effort to experience the dark side (or at least the side with the darker wood ). We'll be hopping down for a short trip (Jan 17-22) for DD's 10th birthday. Needless to say, we can't wait! Plus we hope it's at least warm enough to be able to again jump in SAB.

The only bad part about our trip is that we were unable to meet Teena. After reading all of the posts on the old thread, I felt as if I had knew her and, at very least, wanted to introduce myself and say hi. At one point (I believe it was Sat Aug 18th) I saw her in the lobby when I was running back to the room for my 2ndary battery for my camera. Unfortunately she was greeting other guests, so I didn't want to interrupt, and, by the time I came downstairs, she must have off doing other things. So, when we return January, meeting Teena is on the top of our must do list!

Let the countdown begin!!!!!!!!!
August, 2005 - WDW All-Stars Movies & All-Stars Music -- May, 2006 - WDW Port Orleans French Quarter for SWW -- June, 2007 - WDW Contemporary for SWW -- Dec, 2007 - WDW Pop Century & Contemporary for MVMCP -- July, 2008 - DL Disneyland Hotel -- Dec, 2008 - Jan, 2009 - WDW Polynesian; NYE @ DHS -- Dec, 2009 - Jan, 2010 - WDW Polynesian; NYE: breakfast at AK; mid-day @ Blizzard Beach; evening @ Epcot for Illuminations; fireworks on Poly beach -- Oct, 2010 - WDW Polynesian for MNSSHP -- Nov, 2011 - DL Grand Californian Hotel -- Aug 2012 - WDW Beach Club CL -- Jan 2013 - WDW Yacht Club CL -- Dec 2013 - WDW Port Orleans Riverside: DD danced in XMas parade taping -- July 2014 - DLP Hotel New York -- Nov 2014 - WDW Yacht Club

My first ever Trip Report - DLP or bust! w/ Lots of Pics!

Last edited by Me!Thatswho; 09-13-2012 at 06:23 AM.
Old 09-12-2012, 09:40 PM   #1799
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkgirl View Post

Hey Pink Girl! How many of those sunken treasures/ grey goose slushies does it take before you start to see the ships move?

~NM
Old 09-12-2012, 09:47 PM   #1800
Erin1700
At least I am bragging about using soap!

New to this thread.

We are going Dec 7 thru Dec 15. We have stayed the last 2 years at BC. I am so upset that HH will not be opened. They have some nice nonalcoholic drinks that we like to share while we are at the pool and my kids sometimes get lunch there.

Someone tell me not to switch resorts just because HH is closed! I feel like there is no where to get food now at the resort. My kids are 5 and 11 and they don't like the Marketplace sandwiches.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: