Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 02:57 PM   #1771
Pinkgirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Hey experts... Can she do this?

Since the World Showcase does not open up until 11 am, will she be able to go that way to get to the Cape May before 11? I know you can go the other way- International Gateway to empty World Showcase to Future World, but not sure if it works in reverse.

EXCELLENT question!

Does anyone have any opinions?
DH and I have just discussed this and think this is do-able. There was no rope stopping entry to the "lower" end of World Showcase. I would think the CMs (who we never encountered as we never headed that way) would be at the bridge stopping people heading over to France.
Old 09-11-2012, 02:58 PM   #1772
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Hey experts... Can she do this?

Since the World Showcase does not open up until 11 am, will she be able to go that way to get to the Cape May before 11? I know you can go the other way- International Gateway to empty World Showcase to Future World, but not sure if it works in reverse.

EXCELLENT question!

Does anyone have any opinions?
Sure. They can't very well say to all the people staying at the Epcot resorts that you have to stay in Epcot until 11 AM. And there are people not staying at Epcot resorts that come in at the front of Epcot, ride one ride and walk over to get the boat to Hollywood Studios.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-11-2012, 03:34 PM   #1773
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkgirl View Post
DH and I have just discussed this and think this is do-able. There was no rope stopping entry to the "lower" end of World Showcase. I would think the CMs (who we never encountered as we never headed that way) would be at the bridge stopping people heading over to France.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
Sure. They can't very well say to all the people staying at the Epcot resorts that you have to stay in Epcot until 11 AM. And there are people not staying at Epcot resorts that come in at the front of Epcot, ride one ride and walk over to get the boat to Hollywood Studios.
OK thanks!

As I thought more about it, I figured that was probably the case- so guests of the EPCOT resorts could enter through the Gateway, pick up a FP to Soarin' then return back to the resort, etc...
Old 09-11-2012, 03:54 PM   #1774
janinev7
Mouseketeer

We got our magical express booklet today! 31 more days!
Old 09-11-2012, 06:03 PM   #1775
goofy78
…sea monkey has my money… …yes, I'm a natural blue…

Quote:
Originally Posted by P'colaBeachBum View Post
We recently stayed at the Beach Club because we have enjoyed being there in the past. Sadly, we won't stay again. I'm a 5 year cancer survivor and I was constantly dodging smokers that were not at designated areas. One couple was smoking at a table outside Beaches and Cream and even had an open pack on the table in clear view of Cm's. Another lit up the min. he walked out of the building and I had to hold my breath to get around him. That was just a couple of examples, there are more.

Please for the health of others...only smoke in the designated areas.
I can't imagine this only happens at the BC? It is very unfortunate that people do not respect others around them and not use the designated areas.

Old 09-11-2012, 09:00 PM   #1776
MickeyT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJay View Post
I’ve been back from my BC trip a little over a week, and I can now manage to get a few thoughts down- the post-vacation blues hit me very hard this time! Before the trip, I have to admit I was worried.....

I so hope there is another trip to this incredible place sometime in my future. Thank you all to everyone on this thread for helping to make it so wonderful!

KJay
That's what we're here for KJay. You don't know how many times we've seen people panic before their trip only to end up like you. Bliss. So glad you were able to enjoy with so much going on in your life and at the resort.

Thanks for the detailed trip report. I too love those early mornings as a resort comes to life. And reading your report makes me miss it just a little bit more.

Old 09-12-2012, 05:50 AM   #1777
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gymbomom View Post
Hi there - our official dates are November 13-21. Would love to hang out with the Noodle family. I think our last swim day would be the 19th or 20th - so we can be super flexible in dropping them off with someone if they wanted them earlier.

We are getting super excited!!
Any word when Hurricane Hanna would re-open?
Thanks for clarifying your dates. I'll add you to the Noodle Swap list.

No word yet on the HH grand reopening, but there should be more news as your vacation gets closer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMinVA View Post
I'm new to the boards. We have always stayed at the Poly but this January we are trying YC. We could "sit" for the noodles - our stay is from Jan. 26-Feb 1. And I look forward to meeting Teena. I am finding all sorts of helpful information on this thread. I booked the Illuminations Cruise for my husbands birthday on the 30th. It will be myself, DH, DD(11), and DS(5). Hoping we love the YC as much as the Poly!
Thanks for this thread.

to the DIS and to this thread!

Glad you are checking out the Yacht Club and we hope you love it, too!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list and Noodle Swap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactus girl View Post
Yeah! In less than 48 hours we will be on a plane for our first stay at YC CL. While DH is leading a group of men in Yosemite, I'm taking DMIL, DD (12) and our foreign exchange student to hang with the mouse. Due to the party make-up, I requested a room with a day bed. This time of the year, has anyone at YC ever not had that request met?

On another random note, years ago when we stayed AK CL they would hand out complimentary ponchos on rainy days. Is this still the case in the lounge?

Thanks and have a magical day.

I'll put you on as a late entry to the Guest list.

Have a great trip!

Not sure about the ponchos, but if you check while you are there, please report back to let us know what you discover.

Thanks!
Old 09-12-2012, 06:00 AM   #1778
tsme
DIS Veteran

Last night we went to MNSSHP, it was great! The weather was perfect & it wasn't crowded at all. We ate at Tony's in MK, I was nervous after reading so many negative reviews but we liked it. My DH had spagetti & meatballs, I had the mixed greens & our DH had the cheese pizza. And while eating she loss her tooth! Oh & we never waited for a bus either way. As for the hot water issue we've been having, it was warmer. Could still run a full tub on just hot water not really be hot, but it's better than it was, at least we're weren't shivering like before. Today we're off to HS for another day of Disney fun!
Old 09-12-2012, 06:12 AM   #1779
birmantaz
Mouseketeer

Confused on patios?

I just saw on all ears that only some ground floor rooms have patios - is that true? Also if you have a standard view on the ground floor are you sitting in a public area? Thanks! Oh, also are there sand toys at storm along bay?
Old 09-12-2012, 07:27 AM   #1780
clc053103
DIS Veteran

We are doing a split stay BLT/BCV next week. Will be at BCV 9/19-23. Is there still a gap on thr noodle exchange, maybe we can fill it?

Staying in2br villa, can't wait!
BWV 98, 01, 08
BLT (our DVC home): 09, 10, 11, 12 (split stay w/ BCV), spring break 2013, Fall 2013, 2014
WL: 2011
AKL: 2012
OKW: 2013
DCL Dream: 2012, 2014
Old 09-12-2012, 08:56 AM   #1781
P'colaBeachBum
Go 'Noles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy78 View Post
I can't imagine this only happens at the BC? It is very unfortunate that people do not respect others around them and not use the designated areas.
We have stayed at Mods and deluxe resorts and have only encountered that many smokers outside the designated areas at the BC.

Thanks, Teena. I contacted guest services and they called yesterday. They will be addressing the problem with resort management. They also agreed that it is a health concern for other guests and that it needs to be enforced.

I hope you are feeling better!
Old 09-12-2012, 09:00 AM   #1782
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by P'colaBeachBum View Post
We have stayed at Mods and deluxe resorts and have only encountered that many smokers outside the designated areas at the BC.

Thanks, Teena. I contacted guest services and they called yesterday. They will be addressing the problem with resort management. They also agreed that it is a health concern for other guests and that it needs to be enforced.

I hope you are feeling better!
Thanks!! Another CT today but right this moment things have simmered down and I feel pretty good.

And thanks for contacting guest services. The management can't fix it if they don't know what is happening and unfortunately they can't be everywhere every second of the day. This past Sunday and Monday at work I had numerous guests ask me where the nearest designated smoking area was and I walked them to it. I also thanked them sincerely for asking!!!

I run into the problem all the time at the parks and it seems for me the worst is Magic Kingdom and it drives me crazy!
Old 09-12-2012, 10:09 AM   #1783
CT Disney
Mouseketeer

Is it too early to put our name on the noodle swap for next year?? We will be at YC from April 13 - 20. Thanks!

Old 09-12-2012, 10:33 AM   #1784
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by clc053103 View Post
We are doing a split stay BLT/BCV next week. Will be at BCV 9/19-23. Is there still a gap on thr noodle exchange, maybe we can fill it?

Staying in2br villa, can't wait!
Yes, there is a small gap. birmantaz is scheduled to return the noodles on 9/20 and LJD2143 is scheduled to pick them up on 9/22.

I have put you on the list for 9/20-9/22, so you may want to PM those two to coordinate the times the noodles will be available, or even arrange a direct swap if the timing is right.

Oh, and I added you to the Be Our Guest list, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Disney View Post
Is it too early to put our name on the noodle swap for next year?? We will be at YC from April 13 - 20. Thanks!
I added you to the Noodle Swap for next year, assuming it is still happening. I am honestly amazed that we have been able to keep this going for so long already, but, fingers crossed...
Old 09-12-2012, 10:42 AM   #1785
natebenma
DIS Veteran

BUMP! Although we are probably still on the same page!

Quote:
Originally Posted by birmantaz View Post
I just saw on all ears that only some ground floor rooms have patios - is that true? Also if you have a standard view on the ground floor are you sitting in a public area? Thanks! Oh, also are there sand toys at storm along bay?
I don't know the answer about the patios, hopefully someone has the info. I wonder if there are any first floor SV rooms- since these rooms normally look out onto a parking lot (or roof, which would not apply here), I don't think I would enjoy a room like that.

I also don't have an answer to your other question (aren't you glad I posted)- My understanding is that there are usually pails and shovels lying around SAB since the Hurricane Hanna's meals kids meals come in these and when families are done, they leave them behind. BUT with HH closed, I haven't seen confirmation yet that kids meals still come with the pail.

Could someone who is there now, or soon, check to see

1) Are there still sand toys lying about
2) Do the kids meals at the replacement stations come with a pail/shovel or not

Thanks!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: