Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 07:55 AM   #1756
kelleigh1
Disney Baby
I sleep with Pooh & Mickey
Kicked off the school bus

46 days! It has definitely felt like fall this week and that means our trip is so close. Hopefully I'll be able to check in here daily until we leave so I can stay up to date on everything that is happening at YC / SAB.

And then I'm going to try to post updates while we are there too since I so enjoy reading everyone else's live posts.

Childless doesn't mean that we're not a family. MLA RLA

Old 09-11-2012, 08:08 AM   #1757
catho72
DIS Veteran

There is a continental breakfast option at the Marketplace. It includes a pastry, fruit and drink and you are able to use a QS credit for it. This option is also available at Main Street Bakery at MK.

2/02 Holiday Inn (now Nick Hotel) 2/08 POR 9/08 POR 6/09 Regal Sun/Windsor Hills 7/10 Windsor Hills 7/11 Windsor Hills/AKL/BLT 7/12 Beach Club/AKL 7/13 BC CL 2/14 POP/SSR for PHM weekend 6/14 POR/BC CL/AoA split stay

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-11-2012, 08:27 AM   #1758
Cactus girl
Earning My Ears

48 hours...

Yeah! In less than 48 hours we will be on a plane for our first stay at YC CL. While DH is leading a group of men in Yosemite, I'm taking DMIL, DD (12) and our foreign exchange student to hang with the mouse. Due to the party make-up, I requested a room with a day bed. This time of the year, has anyone at YC ever not had that request met?

On another random note, years ago when we stayed AK CL they would hand out complimentary ponchos on rainy days. Is this still the case in the lounge?

Thanks and have a magical day.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:05 AM   #1759
ZehnJahren
DIS Veteran

I am four sleeps from the plane and ASSp, and five sleeps from YC! And now, it looks like I am 8 sleeps away from an all new resort for me, OKW! Some kind soul has taken pity on my pleas for renting DVC points and has reserved me a room for my last two nights - so I can cancel that second ASSp reservation (I love that abbreviation.) and will get to stay my first time at OKW!

Ugh, I need a vacation - hurry up, weekend!
Old 09-11-2012, 09:57 AM   #1760
K&C
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by catho72 View Post
There is a continental breakfast option at the Marketplace. It includes a pastry, fruit and drink and you are able to use a QS credit for it. This option is also available at Main Street Bakery at MK.
Thanks for this, seem to have a few QS credits that might go to waste so this seems like a good idea and will save some snack credits.

You don't know if this works at the Ale and Compass, since we are staying at the YC it would save a trek.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:03 AM   #1761
KJay
DIS Veteran

So sorry these are blurry- they might not be good for page 1, but they should give you a little update on the Marketplace menu changes. The breakfast platter that looked so delicious in that photo the other day is listed first, followed by the new breakfast sandwich. Important to note, this is not the croissant breakfast sandwich that used to be available- I ordered it, and was surprised to discover this is now served on...white bread

Old 09-11-2012, 11:35 AM   #1762
KJay
DIS Veteran

I’ve been back from my BC trip a little over a week, and I can now manage to get a few thoughts down- the post-vacation blues hit me very hard this time! Before the trip, I have to admit I was worried. Between Hurricane Isaac heading our way, Hurricane Hannah’s closing down the day after our arrival, the fitness center refurb, the “towel-gate” chair hogging reports from SAB, reports of terrible bus service, a rash of not-so-positive BC posts on other threads, topped off with finding out about the impending loss of my job right before we left…I was having serious second thoughts about the wisdom of my decision to take this BC trip. I know there’s no such thing as the perfect vacation, but since this was likely going to be our last for a long time, I wanted things to go as smoothly as possible. I am happy to say that I worried for nothing! A few things I wanted to share…

-One of my favorite parts of each day was getting up early, getting coffee at 6:30, and then spending a half hour on my own, either sitting in the lobby or walking around- so peaceful! Once I walked all the way around the lake, checking out the other resorts. It was bliss. I woke the rest of the family each day around 7:00 or 7:30, but that solo half hour or so was an awesome way to start each day for me.

-Bus service: I am not exaggerating when I say we never waited more than six or seven minutes for a bus from BC! Most times, it was five minutes. Even our return trip from DTD was a breeze- the BC bus came after a five minute wait. The longest we ever waited for a bus to return to BC was one afternoon, coming from MK- we had just missed a bus, so we waited 15-20 minutes for the next one. That was only once, during an 8-day stay!

- The temporary food setup to replace HH seemed to me to be more than adequate- granted, we didn’t eat many meals at these locations, but they seemed to have the bases covered. I liked the transformation of Pool Gifts into Pool Drinks, but I found myself wanting a frozen treat a few times- the Pina Colada machine was not working properly during the first week of operations- hopefully, it’s been fixed by now!

- For the first time in any of my WDW trips, we got towel animals! A little thing, I know, but my daughter was starting to think she was the only person who never got any! Our lovely mousekeeper Michelle kept us stocked with great animal creations each day, and also had a little fun with my daughter's Duffy in the room.

- There is nothing better than having the World Showcase in your backyard. I can’t imagine a more ideal location. I can't imagine not staying at an Epcot area resort if I'm ever fortunate enough to return to WDW.

- The quiet pool- needs a new name . It didn’t bother me in the least, but my room overlooked it and it was anything but quiet!

- As reported by a few others- the lazy river was a bit too lazy. There was really no waterflow floating you along. Most times throughout our stay, if we were in the flow, we had to kind of push ourselves along to actually get around. I remember reading that it used to have more of a flow to carry you through.

- I love pin trading, and Mark in the gift shop was one of the few CMs I encountered this trip who actually seemed to enjoy it, and was knowledgable about pins. Most CMs are perfectly nice about trading, but I rarely talk to one who seems into it. It was great to talk to him a little bit about it, because I could tell he was really interested!

- The solarium seemed like a good temporary home for the fitness center. I never actually used it, because- well, who am I kidding? I had good intentions, but alas, it never happened.

- I regret not being able to connect with GeorgiasMom during our stay- I really wanted to, but things kept popping up and I never managed to make it happen. Perhaps we’ll have a future trip at the same time!

- I also messed up on my noodle delivery- I had two noodles that I was leaving for Max, but I mistakenly left them at BC bell services instead of YC bell services! If anyone would like to rescue them from oblivion, I’ll message you the name they are under! (Assuming they’re still there- I wonder how long unclaimed items stay in the bell services area…)

- Our departure day was Teena's first day back from her trip. I was so very sad on our last morning, but being able to finally see Teena- albeit briefly- after spending a glorious week at BC was wonderful. Her smile made me feel a little bit better.

I so hope there is another trip to this incredible place sometime in my future. Thank you all to everyone on this thread for helping to make it so wonderful!

KJay
Old 09-11-2012, 12:07 PM   #1763
vladimir10
Mouseketeer

Wow, really wish Saturday would hurry up and get here. SSSOOO excited this year to visit! Hoping for good weather and lower crowds, but just want to have fun! First time in 3 years my wife's test isn't hanging over her head, so hoping she can relax and enjoy herself for a change!

See you all there!

vladimir10 (dad) Previous Trips - 1984, 1997, 1999, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
vet1999 (mom) Previous Trips - 1994,1997, 1999, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
jc (son, 6 yrs old) Previous Trips - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
Next Trip: DCL August 2013
Old 09-11-2012, 01:40 PM   #1764
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladimir10
Wow, really wish Saturday would hurry up and get here. SSSOOO excited this year to visit! Hoping for good weather and lower crowds, but just want to have fun! First time in 3 years my wife's test isn't hanging over her head, so hoping she can relax and enjoy herself for a change!

See you all there!
I am with you waiting for Saturday! Can't get here soon enough!!!! Hoping to be at YC by 9am!!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 09-11-2012, 01:48 PM   #1765
catho72
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by K&C

Thanks for this, seem to have a few QS credits that might go to waste so this seems like a good idea and will save some snack credits.

You don't know if this works at the Ale and Compass, since we are staying at the YC it would save a trek.
I have no idea if it works at the Ale and Compass but it doesn't hurt to ask! We had several QS credits left on our last day and we used them this way. At the time, there was no breakfast platter option at the Marketplace.

2/02 Holiday Inn (now Nick Hotel) 2/08 POR 9/08 POR 6/09 Regal Sun/Windsor Hills 7/10 Windsor Hills 7/11 Windsor Hills/AKL/BLT 7/12 Beach Club/AKL 7/13 BC CL 2/14 POP/SSR for PHM weekend 6/14 POR/BC CL/AoA split stay

Old 09-11-2012, 01:56 PM   #1766
Elinor Dashwood
DIS Veteran

About how long is the walk from the WS area (like Canada) to Cape May restaurant? We're thinking of heading to Epcot for part of our morning and then heading over there for breakfast.

Last edited by Elinor Dashwood; 09-14-2012 at 11:52 AM.
Old 09-11-2012, 02:07 PM   #1767
KJay
DIS Veteran

Elinor, I'd give yourself about 10 minutes to walk from Canada to Cape May. It's a beautiful walk! It can be done quicker if need be, but 10 min. should be good for a comfortable pace. It's only a five minute walk from the International Gateway, between France & Great Britain.

(Edit: I just realized I originally wrote 20 minutes- I meant 10! (And that's at a pace for enjoying the view...)

Last edited by KJay; 09-11-2012 at 02:12 PM.
Old 09-11-2012, 02:07 PM   #1768
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elinor Dashwood View Post
About how long is the walk from the WS area (like Canada) to Cape May restaurant? We're thinking of heading to Epcot for part of our morning and then heading over there for breakfast.
From the lobby, I walked to the back entrance to Epcot and it took me 4 minutes. I'm thinking maybe add on another 2 minutes for Canada.
Old 09-11-2012, 02:24 PM   #1769
Elinor Dashwood
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJay View Post
Elinor, I'd give yourself about 10 minutes to walk from Canada to Cape May. It's a beautiful walk! It can be done quicker if need be, but 10 min. should be good for a comfortable pace. It's only a five minute walk from the International Gateway, between France & Great Britain.

(Edit: I just realized I originally wrote 20 minutes- I meant 10! (And that's at a pace for enjoying the view...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
From the lobby, I walked to the back entrance to Epcot and it took me 4 minutes. I'm thinking maybe add on another 2 minutes for Canada.
Thank you thank you thank you! Wow, it's really not that long of a walk then, is it. Great! We were trying to get into Akershus but it's booked solid for our week so I thought why not just get to Epcot at rope drop, hit up Soarin' and Test Track and then head over to Cape May for breakfast. Thanks for the quick responses too!
Old 09-11-2012, 02:47 PM   #1770
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elinor Dashwood View Post
Thank you thank you thank you! Wow, it's really not that long of a walk then, is it. Great! We were trying to get into Akershus but it's booked solid for our week so I thought why not just get to Epcot at rope drop, hit up Soarin' and Test Track and then head over to Cape May for breakfast. Thanks for the quick responses too!
Hey experts... Can she do this?

Since the World Showcase does not open up until 11 am, will she be able to go that way to get to the Cape May before 11? I know you can go the other way- International Gateway to empty World Showcase to Future World, but not sure if it works in reverse.

EXCELLENT question!

Does anyone have any opinions?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: