Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 01:24 PM   #1741
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Pinkgirl, BEAUTIFUL photos - thanks so much for sharing them with us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Love the pictures! I am so excited to be there for the first time next weekend!!!
babyberger, have a safe trip and a wonderful stay!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwwi View Post
Pixarmom we stayed at the Dolphin last October and some members of our group were able to watch the Packer game at the Cabana Bar and Beach club near the pool of the Dolphin.

It was such a beautiful day last year when we were there, so I just loaded the ESPN app on my phone with alerts, and it gave me game updates. We still wore our packers clothes as we walked around the world showcase. People would even ask if we knew the score, and we were updating them too.
jwwi, thanks so much for the tips! I'll recommend the Cabana bar if its looks like Crew's Cup won't work. Or that ESPN app sounds like a great idea - I'll suggest that to him, too. We don't usually have a car and he will just stop by to watch for a little while after our lunch ADR at San Angel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCV23 View Post
Although we've never gone to Crew's Cup specifically to watch a game, there always seems to be one game or another on. I suppose it is first request?
Hi BCV23! Good to see you and thanks for the confirmation that they are in the football game business over in Crew's Cup! Hope all is well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by torian View Post
I guess I need to know if I spend the extra money, will I be disappointed?
torian, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers. Regarding the difference between CSR and YC, I'm happy to share our experience and my thoughts.

We've stayed at CSR multiple times since 2002 and BC multiple times since 1992. We just stayed at YC earlier this year. And based on these experiences, I can tell you that the cost difference is entirely worth it to us.

The overall atmosphere of BC/YC is a huge selling point for us. It's just a more relaxing retreat at the end of the day. For us, there is a big difference in the rooms - not just the size, but the comfort. The bedding, the large sliding doors with the balcony, the layout of the bathroom and the closet space, the decor, the quieter air conditioning . . . all important to us. I think the biggest factor among those for us would be the light, the doors and windows, and the ability to sit out on the balcony or patio - something I really miss at mods.

We don't use food courts much, so the BC/YC food situation is perfect for us - don't need anything more than what BC Marketplace and all the dining locations around the Epcot resort area and World Showcase offer. And that's a lot - just not in food court form.

The transportation at BC/YC is also important to us - we don't use a car at WDW and prefer to avoid buses. So the walk to both DHS and Epcot are wonderful (or you could take the boat.) Nothing like strolling out the international gateway at the end of the day back to your room, instead of heading out the front turnstiles and waiting for a bus! At BC/YC, we also have access to all the dining and shopping in the Epcot resort area within walking distance. So we appreciate the opportunity to walk around Crescent Lake and visit the Boardwalk and the great restaurants at Swan/Dolphin.

Of course, there is SAB at YC, which you may or may not use in December. We've been out at the pool on occasion in December or January, but it doesn't factor into our decision as highly as it would in warmer months.

Good luck with your decision, and please let us know if you have additional questions.
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL/GF/Poly)
April 2015: WL and AOA!
Old 09-10-2012, 01:29 PM   #1742
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersalt View Post
Is it all "over your head" deep or just parts of it? I'm afraid of swimming in water where I can't touch bottom.
Hi summersalt! Just parts of it are deep. Here's a link to my SAB photo thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....&highlight=sab

Here's the part regarding the lazy river:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post

2) The lazy river area. This area is as shallow as 4 ft in some areas and reaches up to 8 ft in one part. Again, this area is entirely disconnected from the more shallow areas of the pool, and the deepest area is roped off. Signs on the overhead bridges warn guests that the water is deeper in that area.

Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL/GF/Poly)
April 2015: WL and AOA!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-10-2012, 01:39 PM   #1743
Pinkgirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyT View Post
Thank you so much for sharing Pinkgirl. Just WOW.

Gotta go......Think I got something in my eye. Yeah that's it. Something in my eye !
lol at you
Old 09-10-2012, 03:09 PM   #1744
K&C
Mouseketeer

I'm sure this has been asked before but can't find it.

Quick service at the Marketplace, can I get a muffin/croissant/fruit parfait plus fruit and a drink as one credit. I know the hot sandwich/croissant plus drink/fruit would be OK but all the hot croissant/sandwiches involve egg which I can't stand

Trying use up QS credits so I can save the snacks for the F&WF.
Old 09-10-2012, 04:09 PM   #1745
Gymbomom
The best seat in the "house" for Illuminations is outdoor seating at the Rose and Crown!!
Next time tag me with something I said
Okay - Congrats

Hi there - our official dates are November 13-21. Would love to hang out with the Noodle family. I think our last swim day would be the 19th or 20th - so we can be super flexible in dropping them off with someone if they wanted them earlier.

We are getting super excited!!
Any word when Hurricane Hanna would re-open?
Old 09-10-2012, 04:14 PM   #1746
JanetMom
DIS Veteran

Pinkgirl - Gorgeous photos, thank you for sharing. Your family is beautiful, and the YC background is such a nice touch for the photos.

Summersalt - the lazy river is too deep to touch bottom, but it moves slowly and the sides are an easy reach.

Torian - Sorry to hear your story, but it sounds like you are making the best choice by starting some new memories at such an important time of year.

I've stayed at both CSR and YC, and agree with previous comments that both resorts are nice, but if you can afford it the YC will be better. I'd pick the YC at Christmas just to get the feel of the gorgeous lobby decorated at Christmas. At the YC you also get the convenience of a short stroll to Epcot, boat to HS, and of course SAB!

At CSR, you will not spend as much time in the main building, so the impact of the Christmas decorations will not be as great. You need to take a bus (or drive) everywhere, so that is something to consider if you have strong feelings about the buses. The grounds and pool at CSR are wonderful, so if you plan to spend more time just laying around the resort it isn't a bad choice. While SAB is definitely more impressive, the pool and slide at CSR are wonderful. They also have one of the largest hot tubs.

Given the importance of your trip, I'd go for the YC if you can afford it, but if money is tight after the cruise, then CSR is still a great choice.

Trip Report - Dining with Disers 2014
Trip Report - March Break 2012 at the YC http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post44422655
Trip Report - March Break 2010 at CR – with stops at Poly, GF, WL, BW, BC, YC, MK, Epcot, HS, DD, and TL http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post35923604
Trip Report - Solo trip - A brief stay at CSR with a stop at AKL (with pics!) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36750372

FW - 1972 (I think, I was little then!); WL - 2004; WL CL - 2007; CR CL - 2010; CSR - 2010; YC CL - 2012; BC - 2014
Old 09-10-2012, 04:36 PM   #1747
BLTtinkerbell
DIS Veteran

Pinkgirl - Your pictures are gorgeous! What a beautiful family!

Summersalt - The Noodle Family is a great help when you find the lazy river a bit too deep.

Torian - I am so sorry for your loss. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. I haven't stayed at CSR or YC, but I have stayed at BC/BCV and loved both! I agree w/others, if you can afford it, go for it! I hope you and your children have a wonderful time making new memories.

Teena - I hope you are feeling better.

Ninja Mom - I'm still thinking of you and your mom. Best wishes.

Old 09-10-2012, 05:46 PM   #1748
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by torian View Post
Hi everyone,

Our story - my kids and I need to not be at home for the holidays, so we booked a disney cruise...but it returns on the 22 of December. We are planning to spend the 22-26 at WDW and are looking at either CSR or YC. Both the kids like YC, and if Im honest, I do, too. I'm just having a bit of trouble justifying the extra cost compared to a mod.

I guess I need to know if I spend the extra money, will I be disappointed? The reason why we can't be at home for christmas is because my DH passed away a little over a month ago and we just need to retreat and to begin to heal. Staying at the house for our first christmas without him will be torture.

People have mentioned staying at WL, but I can't - we stayed there as a family in 2010 and I would see DH everywhere.
Hi Torian! First I'd like to say I'm sorry for your loss. You are doing a great job of starting new traditions. When you are ready, you'll be able to revisit the old traditions. I think you will have a great vacation at either place. The thing to do would be to sleep on it and listen to which resort keeps calling your name. The advantage of a deluxe over a moderate is that there are more amenities and all hallways are inside the building. There are a ton of other things like location and food options to consider. When you get right down to it, the thing that stands out in my mind is that a deluxe tends to be more relaxing than a moderate, with more areas to just chill out and sit back and relax. That to me is the advantage of a deluxe. For a vacation where you are looking to balance going all park commando with kicking back and enjoying the resort, a deluxe would be a better fit IMHO.

Please be sure to read page 1 of this thread where you will find a GOLD MINE of information about the BC/YC resort. AND please stay tuned to this thread and ask all your questions. We love having new people stop by and share with us! I'm sure the more you find out about this wonderful resort, the more you'll feel secure that your heart is telling you the right thing.

Good luck and keep moving forward. It's little things like planing a vacation that will help get you and the family through this tough time in your life.

~NM
Old 09-10-2012, 06:53 PM   #1749
Scott MC
DIS Veteran

Hi all!

We've been back for two long weeks now and as I predicted, I'm not posting as much as usual. It's part of my post-Disney depression.

I plan to do a full report on our MAGICAL BC stay, but first I have a quick BCV question. We're coming back in April () and we're bringing DP's brother, sister-in-law, and 9 yo nephew for his 1st Disney trip! I'll do anything to stay at BC, but at the moment it's not looking good. I think 2 rooms at POR will be the choice......but then I had an idea.....how about a cash reservation for a 2BR villa at BCV! I'm working on it but we're going to need some Disney Discount Magic. Has anyone heard of BCV being a part of any general public discount offers? Any AP discounts? Pin code offers?

I'm grasping at straws here, but I'd really like to make BC happen and we're likely going to book soon.

Thoughts? (Our dates are going to be M-F, April 15-19)
Old 09-10-2012, 07:19 PM   #1750
tsme
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
If you still don't have hot hot water later today, pick up the phone and call engineering. We have very very hot water at the resort.
My DH called this morning about the water and this afternoon the water is still luke warm at hottest & cold taking a bath. He plans on calling again, but it is disappointing to get back all tired, wanting to soak to have a cold quick bath instead. Hopefully tomorrow it'll be better.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:19 PM   #1751
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsme View Post
My DH called this morning about the water and this afternoon the water is still luke warm at hottest & cold taking a bath. He plans on calling again, but it is disappointing to get back all tired, wanting to soak to have a cold quick bath instead. Hopefully tomorrow it'll be better.
If it is not fixed by tomorrow, make sure you stop and talk to one of the managers in the lobby and tell them what is going on. Just ask any of the CMs at the front desk to get you a manager!!!
Old 09-10-2012, 09:36 PM   #1752
wishinon3stars
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott MC View Post
Hi all!

We've been back for two long weeks now and as I predicted, I'm not posting as much as usual. It's part of my post-Disney depression.

I plan to do a full report on our MAGICAL BC stay, but first I have a quick BCV question. We're coming back in April () and we're bringing DP's brother, sister-in-law, and 9 yo nephew for his 1st Disney trip! I'll do anything to stay at BC, but at the moment it's not looking good. I think 2 rooms at POR will be the choice......but then I had an idea.....how about a cash reservation for a 2BR villa at BCV! I'm working on it but we're going to need some Disney Discount Magic. Has anyone heard of BCV being a part of any general public discount offers? Any AP discounts? Pin code offers?

I'm grasping at straws here, but I'd really like to make BC happen and we're likely going to book soon.

Thoughts? (Our dates are going to be M-F, April 15-19)
Scott, in 2 weeks we'll be staying at BCV for the 3rd time since 2009 with some sort of discount each time. The first time there were 7 of us in 2 one bedroom villas booked with dining plan. We booked under the book 4 get 3 free deal that was going on I believe (I'm not exactly sure of deal but it was something like that.) Our rooms were directly across from each other so it was perfect!

Second trip there was 4 of us in a one bedroom with free dining too.

Our upcoming trip there is 6 of us. 4 of us in a one bedroom villa and 2 in a regular room at BC since they decided to come with us after we had made our reservations. Again, we chose the free dining but upgraded to the DxDDp and we are going to signature restaurants almost every night of our trip!! I'm kind of scared about the amount of food we'll be eating but I figure we'll try it once.

My kids, who are adults and now married, actually sleep on the pull out and don't mind at all. They say its been very comfortable. It's not your average pull out couch! I can't attest to the comfort because my kids are nice enough to let my husband and I have the king bed!!! Gotta love my kids!

So, moral of the story is, you can book BCV rooms by paying cash with discounts that become available. I hope there are some deals/pins for when you are planning your trip!

Poly: Sept 1984 Honeymoon!; Off-site: April 1994; April 1998, July 1999;
BCV: May 2009; BCV: Sept 2010; BCV: Sept 2012;
Dolphin: June 2013; Sept 2014 BC

Last edited by wishinon3stars; 09-10-2012 at 10:14 PM. Reason: corrected discount we booked under
Old 09-11-2012, 03:38 AM   #1753
Clarabel
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by K&C View Post
I'm sure this has been asked before but can't find it.

Quick service at the Marketplace, can I get a muffin/croissant/fruit parfait plus fruit and a drink as one credit. I know the hot sandwich/croissant plus drink/fruit would be OK but all the hot croissant/sandwiches involve egg which I can't stand

Trying use up QS credits so I can save the snacks for the F&WF.

Me too, I have a surplus of QS's in my planning because of the F&WF. Any ideas anyone?
Old 09-11-2012, 06:41 AM   #1754
tsme
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
If it is not fixed by tomorrow, make sure you stop and talk to one of the managers in the lobby and tell them what is going on. Just ask any of the CMs at the front desk to get you a manager!!!
Ok, we will, thanks!
Old 09-11-2012, 07:54 AM   #1755
ALMinVA
Mouseketeer

I'm new to the boards. We have always stayed at the Poly but this January we are trying YC. We could "sit" for the noodles - our stay is from Jan. 26-Feb 1. And I look forward to meeting Teena. I am finding all sorts of helpful information on this thread. I booked the Illuminations Cruise for my husbands birthday on the 30th. It will be myself, DH, DD(11), and DS(5). Hoping we love the YC as much as the Poly!
Thanks for this thread.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: