Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 06:45 AM   #1726
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by *~PrincessBelle~* View Post
Can anyone whos been recently let me know what color refillable mugs are available at YC? I try to get one (sometimes end up with 2 each if doing split stay) every trip but now ive ended up with 3 pink 1 black and 1 blue..really hoping to get a new color - these are great for my morning coffee at work

If they have only the colors I already have I may pass on one this trip..especially since I would be paying OOP for one...may not get my money's worth on a such a short stay...thanks!!
Just pink, black and blue.
Old 09-10-2012, 06:58 AM   #1727
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsme View Post
We're here! It really is beautiful resort & very large. We're staying CL & were given an awesome room on the first floor. It is a long trek to the CL if we want anything though, the room loc out weighs the distance IMO. Our DD loves the pool & there was hardly anyone in it yesterday afternoon. The CMs have all been so nice & helpful. And I hate to say it, we usually stay at the Poly & have loved it there, but BC CMs have blown the ones at Poly out of the water. They have much nicer, at Poly no one ever met us at the bus upon arrival, or brought us to the CL building (they're suppose to but never happened, not complaining) or gave us choice for when housekeeping to pass, The lady even fixed a drink while we were checking in! Way above anything we were excepting. We ate last night at Cape May. The food was good, my favorite was one of the salads, forgot the name though. The only complaint I have & tell me if anyone else feels this well, is the water is barely Luke warm on full hot setting. I like a hot bath, so I wish it was at least a little hotter. But I guess you can't have everything. Today we're off to Epcot.
If you still don't have hot hot water later today, pick up the phone and call engineering. We have very very hot water at the resort.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-10-2012, 07:45 AM   #1728
torian
A whole day can be ruined with a bad cup of coffee

Considering YC for our stay

Hi everyone,

Our story - my kids and I need to not be at home for the holidays, so we booked a disney cruise...but it returns on the 22 of December. We are planning to spend the 22-26 at WDW and are looking at either CSR or YC. Both the kids like YC, and if Im honest, I do, too. I'm just having a bit of trouble justifying the extra cost compared to a mod.

I guess I need to know if I spend the extra money, will I be disappointed? The reason why we can't be at home for christmas is because my DH passed away a little over a month ago and we just need to retreat and to begin to heal. Staying at the house for our first christmas without him will be torture.

People have mentioned staying at WL, but I can't - we stayed there as a family in 2010 and I would see DH everywhere.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:08 AM   #1729
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by torian View Post
Hi everyone,

Our story - my kids and I need to not be at home for the holidays, so we booked a disney cruise...but it returns on the 22 of December. We are planning to spend the 22-26 at WDW and are looking at either CSR or YC. Both the kids like YC, and if Im honest, I do, too. I'm just having a bit of trouble justifying the extra cost compared to a mod.

I guess I need to know if I spend the extra money, will I be disappointed? The reason why we can't be at home for christmas is because my DH passed away a little over a month ago and we just need to retreat and to begin to heal. Staying at the house for our first christmas without him will be torture.

People have mentioned staying at WL, but I can't - we stayed there as a family in 2010 and I would see DH everywhere.
I am so very sorry to hear about your loss. My heart goes out to you and your family.

For me, the main reason for staying at this resort has been the location- being close to EPCOT and Hollywood Studios. The second reason is the amazing pool, but that may not be a factor for your December trip. The resort is beautifully decorated at Christmastime, so that may be an advantage for staying there.

I have never stayed at CSR, but I suspect that you would (or should) get a bit more pampering and attention from the CMs at a deluxe resort.

Good luck with your decision, and let us know if there are other questions we can answer.

Dee
Old 09-10-2012, 09:39 AM   #1730
ZehnJahren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi everyone,

I would possibly consider YC just because it's so beautiful, so well decorated, and so close to Epcot and HS. If you can afford the extra cost, this would be the time to really splurge and make some memories with the kids at one of the most beautiful resorts on property. It would also make it easy to sneak in and out of HS and Epcot at a time when the parks are traditionally very, very crowded - you wouldn't have to worry about buses or long parking lines at two out of WDW's 4 parks.

I think the only way you'd be disappointed is if you spent the money but couldn't afford to and came home in dire straits. Otherwise, I'd highly suggest it!!
Old 09-10-2012, 09:41 AM   #1731
Pinkgirl
DIS Veteran

I just wanted to share a few "different" views of YC

Old 09-10-2012, 09:42 AM   #1732
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Pinkgirl,
Your wedding photos are amazing! What a lovely family!

TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
Old 09-10-2012, 09:45 AM   #1733
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Pinkgirl-

LOVE the pictures!!!

The background is almost as beautiful as your family!

Thanks for sharing these with us.
Old 09-10-2012, 10:44 AM   #1734
KJay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi everyone,

I am so sorry for your loss. I hope you and your children are able to begin to heal- the holidays can be so tough. I recently stayed at BC after a few stays at CSR- while I'm pretty much a BC convert now, I have to admit, we did miss CSR a bit! If I couldn't stay at BC or YC, CSR would be a great choice. The location is what's key for me at BC/YC. You won't be sorry- but if you do decide you want to save some $$, CSR is great option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkgirl View Post
I just wanted to share a few "different" views of YC

Absolutely GORGEOUS!
Old 09-10-2012, 11:25 AM   #1735
skepace
Mouseketeer

Less than 30 and we will be checking in!

We tell the kids on Thursday!!!! Can't wait to share the news.

http://shawnpace.myoilproducts.com
Old 09-10-2012, 11:50 AM   #1736
Pinkgirl
DIS Veteran

A few more pictures from our trip.

Meeting the lovely Teena

Movies on the Beach

Handing over the Noodles

Old 09-10-2012, 12:56 PM   #1737
MickeyT
DIS Veteran

Thank you so much for sharing Pinkgirl. Just WOW.

Gotta go......Think I got something in my eye. Yeah that's it. Something in my eye !

Old 09-10-2012, 01:01 PM   #1738
MickeyT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi everyone,

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZehnJahren View Post
I would possibly consider YC just because it's so beautiful, so well decorated, and so close to Epcot and HS......
This life can be so hard torian. I fully agree with ZehnHJahren. And walk over to EPCOT and listen to We Go On after Illuminations and stroll back. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Old 09-10-2012, 01:16 PM   #1739
RobinHoodGirl
Which way to Sherwood Forest?

Quote:
Hi everyone,

I am so sorry for your loss. I find WDW to be a great place to start to heal; went in 2008 after my dad passed and 2010 after my mom passed... while some things were sad for me, I found myself remembering the happy times I had there with my parents which gave me a little peace.

As for where to stay, if you can swing it I'd say go for YC. While I can't comment on either YC or CSR specifically, I found when staying at BWV the ability to walk to two of the parks very nice! You don't need to really deal with the crowds for buses/boats... and even the boat crowds for when we did take that back wasn't bad a all (maybe had to wait for one... MAYBE two boats before we got on. And you know the boat will take you to your resort unlike the bus roulette of "which resort is this for?").

I'm hope that with where you stay you and your children are able to start that healing process
Old 09-10-2012, 01:48 PM   #1740
summersalt
DIS Veteran

I was a question about the lazy river part of SAB

Is it all "over your head" deep or just parts of it? I'm afraid of swimming in water where I can't touch bottom.

DH DD ME Sandy
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: