Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2012, 06:30 PM   #1711
CT Disney
Mouseketeer

Not sure if this question has been asked already...

I was looking at the Deluxe rooms at both BC and YC. My question is....why are the YC Deluxe rooms so much more expensive than the BC Deluxe rooms? They both have access to club level, right? Are the YC Deluxe rooms a lot bigger? Just wondering... The extra room sure would be nice!

Also, I know that the Deluxe rooms aren't on the same floor as the CL lounge. If you've stayed in one before, did you find that the extra space made up for the longer distance from the lounge? Would you stay in one again?

Old 09-09-2012, 06:37 PM   #1712
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roccosmom View Post
DH, DS who is 7 and I will be staying at the BCV in a 2 BR January 24 - 30. This will be our first visit to the BC and are very excited! Our firends stay at the YC almost exclusively and have told us for years how wonderful it is to be so close to the BW and Epcot.
Thanks for the clarification on the dates. I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list

Quote:
Originally Posted by saquin View Post
Yes, please add me to the guest list.
I'm staying at the BCV from 11/12 until 11/16. Thanks!
Thanks for the clarification on the dates. I'll add you to the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMemory View Post
Joining in! My father and his wife are coming to visit me November 12-15 and we'll all be staying at BC. I'm so excited!
to the DIS and to this thread.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamala View Post
We will be returning to BC in November and are so excited! We stayed there in 09 and had a horrible 8 night stay, not because of BC but because my 3 year old and I both got very sick. But I must say the CM's went above and beyond to check on us. BC has the best cm's. The next trip we tried GF and hated it, it was just not BC. Last fall we tried to get BC and it was full and stayed at YC CL and it was very nice but just not BC. This year we are back home at BC CL. I am so excited, my DH loved the way all the CM's always said "welcome home" when we walked back in each day. My kids loved the quiet pool and the short walk to Epcot. BC is "our" hotel and we are so excited to be headed back.
back!!!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAZPRINCESS View Post
Loving this thread. Will be staying at the Beach Club with my DH and 3 DS (7,10&11) in August 2013 for 2 weeks. EXCITED.COM

2 weeks! That's awesome!!!

I'll add you to the list.

Last edited by natebenma; 09-09-2012 at 06:47 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-09-2012, 06:39 PM   #1713
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAZPRINCESS View Post
Loving this thread. Will be staying at the Beach Club with my DH and 3 DS (7,10&11) in August 2013 for 2 weeks. EXCITED.COM

Can you point me in the direction of the Be Our Guest list so I can see who will be staying at the same time.
What a nice long vacation......you're going to have a wonderful time .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kteacher View Post
In less than one month we will be staying at the BC for the first time
Have a great time. The BC is a beautiful resort .

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
mousemommy and mickeynut, hope you love YC as much as we do! Just loved that room. I've always been a BC girl, but would not hesitate to book YC if BC was not available.
Thanks, pixarmom . I am looking forward to trying the YC and I'm sure we'll have a great time . We stayed at the BC in 2003 and loved the resort and loved being within walking distance to Epcot & DHS. The one (and only) thing we didn't care for was no CS for breakfast, but other than that, we loved the resort and always talked about going back. We will be spending alot of time at the resort since it's such a short stay prior to our cruise, so we're planning on alot of pool time, which will be nice . I just officially booked GV CL today and I made 2 requests......1) a room with a daybed & 2) close to the lounge.....so hopefully we'll get lucky .

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Love the pictures! I am so excited to be there for the first time next weekend!!!
Have a great trip......I'm sure you'll love the BC .
Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 09-09-2012, 06:39 PM   #1714
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Disney View Post
Also, I know that the Deluxe rooms aren't on the same floor as the CL lounge. If you've stayed in one before, did you find that the extra space made up for the longer distance from the lounge? Would you stay in one again?
We've stayed in standard/garden view BC rooms several times, a BC deluxe room once and a BC 2-bedroom suite once. I've loved each and every room we've ever been assigned since I started staying at BC in 1992, but the deluxe room and the suite are just amazing. We didn't think twice about the distance to the lounge - not a problem at all. We usually ate breakfast and evening appetizers in the lounge, and would only bring desserts back to our room. I think the space of the deluxe rooms and suites more than make up for the distance to the lounge and highly recommend both!
Disneyland (x many since 1975), Poly (x many since 1983), BC (x many since 1992), BWI (x3), YC, CR, WL (x2), AKL, POFQ, Dolphin, CSR (x3), CBR, POR-Riverside, All Star Sports, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, runDisney: 2013 Inaugural Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and Cinderella Family 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon (GF/BWI!)
Old 09-09-2012, 06:49 PM   #1715
jwwi
DIS Veteran

Pixarmom we stayed at the Dolphin last October and some members of our group were able to watch the Packer game at the Cabana Bar and Beach club near the pool of the Dolphin. Not sure if they show every game, but it is an outdoor bar if the weather is nice it can be a good place to sit. If your husband is going alone he could try the ESPN club. But it is very crowded on Sundays. I see that the game time is 1pm EST, the lines start early to get a table for a game at that time.
If you have a car there is Miller's Ale House, at 1237 Winter Garden Vineland Road Orlando, FL 32836. Decent reasonably priced food, and multiple tv's. It is located just outside of the Downtown Disney hotel complex, less than a 15 minute drive.
It was such a beautiful day last year when we were there, so I just loaded the ESPN app on my phone with alerts, and it gave me game updates. We still wore our packers clothes as we walked around the world showcase. People would even ask if we knew the score, and we were updating them too.
Loved our recent stay at the BCV, the pool is great and we really enjoyed our dinner at Beaches and Cream.
Old 09-09-2012, 07:15 PM   #1716
WDW4us2006
DIS Veteran

Hello!
Phew..! I have been out of town at a conference in Chicago for a week, and I have just caught up on the thread. Wow, lots has happened.

Dee - YES, feel free to use any part of my Y&B Marina boat review, pics included.

Teena - ouch, stones are the WORST. Thinking of you...

NM and Robyn - My thoughts are with you guys. As much as I feel for what my patients go through, I can see everyday how hard an illness can be on their loved ones as well.

To everyone there now, or just about there....I AM SO JEALOUS!!!! I want to be there again....boo hoo.

As I read the posts on the topic of smoking, I meant earlier to share our experience last month. My husband was sitting on our balcony (we were in a BC CL LV room), and he could smell and hear someone SMOKING on the balcony next to us....seriously?? He had to run in and shut the door as the smoke was drifting right over to us. He wanted to knock on their door, but instead he went to the CL CM at the desk who FREAKED OUT about it and immediately called someone else, not sure who. I have no idea what happened, but the next day, we could see, on their balcony, that they had made an ashtray out of one of the bowls from the CL lounge. YUCK. He reported it again, and was told it was being taken care of.

Although it didn't really effect us that much, I would absolutely hate to be the person checking in to that room after them. Just because someone is out on the balcony doesn't mean the smoke isn't drifting where it's not supposed to go (into the rooms!). We all get the speil when we check in how all of the WDW rooms are smoke free, and the charge we will get if we smoke in them. Do some people think the rules just don't apply to them or what?
Coronado Springs - 1999, 2005
Beach Club - 2003, 2006, 2010, 2012, 2013, March, June & August 2014!!

Disneyland Hotel - 2007

Old 09-09-2012, 07:39 PM   #1717
CT Disney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Not sure if this question has been asked already...

I was looking at the Deluxe rooms at both BC and YC. My question is....why are the YC Deluxe rooms so much more expensive than the BC Deluxe rooms? They both have access to club level, right? Are the YC Deluxe rooms a lot bigger? Just wondering... The extra room sure would be nice!

Quote:
We've stayed in standard/garden view BC rooms several times, a BC deluxe room once and a BC 2-bedroom suite once. I've loved each and every room we've ever been assigned since I started staying at BC in 1992, but the deluxe room and the suite are just amazing. We didn't think twice about the distance to the lounge - not a problem at all. We usually ate breakfast and evening appetizers in the lounge, and would only bring desserts back to our room. I think the space of the deluxe rooms and suites more than make up for the distance to the lounge and highly recommend both!

Thanks pixarmom! I am seriously thinking of switching to a deluxe room for our upcoming stay. Now I just need to convince dh...

It's funny, I noticed that the Deluxe rooms at YC are even more expensive than the 1 BR Suite at BC. Does that make sense? Boy, those YC Deluxe rooms must be nice! Pictures of the YC Deluxe rooms seem pretty elusive too!

Old 09-09-2012, 07:55 PM   #1718
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

Quote:
mousemommy and mickeynut, hope you love YC as much as we do! Just loved that room. I've always been a BC girl, but would not hesitate to book YC if BC was not available.

Question for Football Fans: Over many years, we've been to WDW during the months of January, February, March, April, May, July, August and December. But never during football season! With our BC stay coming up in just a few weeks (and the Packer game on TV right now) I'm reminded to ask about football viewing opportunities. On Sunday, October 7 we're taking a swim break in the afternoon, which should give my husband some time to catch part of the game. I know there is the ESPN option over at BW, but it might be a little crowded. Martha's Vineyard isn't open yet, not sure about Ale and Compass, but Crew's Cup looks like a good option. Has anyone watched football there?
Hi pixarmom. Although we've never gone to Crew's Cup specifically to watch a game, there always seems to be one game or another on. I suppose it is first request?
Old 09-09-2012, 08:37 PM   #1719
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It's funny, I noticed that the Deluxe rooms at YC are even more expensive than the 1 BR Suite at BC. Does that make sense? Boy, those YC Deluxe rooms must be nice! Pictures of the YC Deluxe rooms seem pretty elusive too!
I noticed that about the YC Deluxe rooms as well. I wonder why the deluxe rooms aren't priced the same at both resorts ? I agree about the pics. I have looked for pics of a YC Deluxe room, but have had no luck. I wish someone had some to post as I would love to see what they look like.
Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 09-09-2012, 09:42 PM   #1720
*~PrincessBelle~*
DIS Veteran

Can anyone whos been recently let me know what color refillable mugs are available at YC? I try to get one (sometimes end up with 2 each if doing split stay) every trip but now ive ended up with 3 pink 1 black and 1 blue..really hoping to get a new color - these are great for my morning coffee at work

If they have only the colors I already have I may pass on one this trip..especially since I would be paying OOP for one...may not get my money's worth on a such a short stay...thanks!!
Old 09-09-2012, 10:13 PM   #1721
Kariw
Earning My Ears

Daybed and Online Check-In...Yay or Nay

Getting really excited about our upcoming trip in 18 day

Just a couple of questions...I would really love if we could get a day bed in our room, but have not put in any special requests. There are 4 of us in the room, me, DH, DS 17 and DD 7. We had the daybed when we stayed at CR three years ago and it was great for the kids to have separate beds. Can you request a daybed? If we can't get a daybed, is it likely that we can get a rollaway?

Should we do online check-in or wait to request a daybed? Last time we stayed a CR we didn't do online check-in and we received a room upgrade. We currently have SV.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-09-2012, 10:52 PM   #1722
BlovesC
home is where the Yeti is!
When the ride attendants ask me to tug on the yellow strap on my seatbelt, I never do it. I just stare at them in defiance

Location: Originally Jersey Shore, now Central FL (hopefully not for much longer)

We've had a wonderful first day here at BC! We did online check-in again, and just like our stay here in May, our only request was for a large balcony. We were given a room on the second floor this time, and while the view (courtyard and rooftop) isn't great, we LOVE our room location. We're right off the staircase into the lobby, and it's ultra convenient to never have to use the elevator, and to be steps away from everything.

Oreo bonbons are for sale in the Marketplace! So those who miss them at Cape May can still get them right around the corner! They come in packs of six.

B & C , Local AP/TiW holders & resort junkies!
12/08: CR & SSR|10/09: VWL| 1/10:AKL&POFQ| 10/10:AKL| 1/11:CR| 2/11:POFQ| 1/12:AKL|5/12:BC|
9/12:BC| 10/12:SSR| 1/13:ASMu| 5/13:BC| 6/13:POP| 8/13:WL| 10/13:POFQ| 12/13:Disney Dream| 1/14: ASMu| 3/14: BC
Old 09-10-2012, 04:49 AM   #1723
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlovesC View Post
We've had a wonderful first day here at BC! We did online check-in again, and just like our stay here in May, our only request was for a large balcony. We were given a room on the second floor this time, and while the view (courtyard and rooftop) isn't great, we LOVE our room location. We're right off the staircase into the lobby, and it's ultra convenient to never have to use the elevator, and to be steps away from everything.

Oreo bonbons are for sale in the Marketplace! So those who miss them at Cape May can still get them right around the corner! They come in packs of six.

Glad to hear that the start of your vacation has been nice.

Thanks for sharing the news about the Oreo Bon Bons at the Marketplace!
Old 09-10-2012, 04:55 AM   #1724
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kariw View Post
Getting really excited about our upcoming trip in 18 day

Just a couple of questions...I would really love if we could get a day bed in our room, but have not put in any special requests. There are 4 of us in the room, me, DH, DS 17 and DD 7. We had the daybed when we stayed at CR three years ago and it was great for the kids to have separate beds. Can you request a daybed? If we can't get a daybed, is it likely that we can get a rollaway?

Should we do online check-in or wait to request a daybed? Last time we stayed a CR we didn't do online check-in and we received a room upgrade. We currently have SV.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Hi Kari-

When you get a moment, read through the first couple of posts in the FAQ Section of Page 1 (Post 12, I believe). These posts are about room requests and daybeds.

You can request a daybed for your room- call the Disney reservation line if you made the reservation through Disney or ask your travel agent to add it to your reservation.

Check-in in person, not online in advance. When you check in, ask if your assigned room has a daybed, and if not, ask them to check if there is one available.

If there isn't, you can reserve a rollaway cot, free of charge. I think you call Housekeeping for that. Reports are that the rollaways are fairly comfortable.
Old 09-10-2012, 05:45 AM   #1725
tsme
DIS Veteran

We're here! It really is beautiful resort & very large. We're staying CL & were given an awesome room on the first floor. It is a long trek to the CL if we want anything though, the room loc out weighs the distance IMO. Our DD loves the pool & there was hardly anyone in it yesterday afternoon. The CMs have all been so nice & helpful. And I hate to say it, we usually stay at the Poly & have loved it there, but BC CMs have blown the ones at Poly out of the water. They have much nicer, at Poly no one ever met us at the bus upon arrival, or brought us to the CL building (they're suppose to but never happened, not complaining) or gave us choice for when housekeeping to pass, The lady even fixed a drink while we were checking in! Way above anything we were excepting. We ate last night at Cape May. The food was good, my favorite was one of the salads, forgot the name though. The only complaint I have & tell me if anyone else feels this well, is the water is barely Luke warm on full hot setting. I like a hot bath, so I wish it was at least a little hotter. But I guess you can't have everything. Today we're off to Epcot.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: