Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 10:12 AM   #151
scottmel
Does my logic in my original question make sense
I need to see it in a new light I guess

Booking my 2013 trip

The conventioneers have taken over YC the month of June. UGH. Ugh just b/c I wanted a room!

Late June - BC GV for 8 days! Tweaking my dates for 18th - 25th. This is my first time ever not staying club level - but we took the dining plan this time. DD13 and DH live to eat I swear....and we didn't love the CL like we did in previous years this past summer so time for a change.

Now I know this question has been asked and analyzed over the prior threads but honestly I never paid much mind since we are usually YC'ers...BUT - the balcony!!!! For a GV room - my one and only request will be FULL BALCONY. Are my chances decent??????

Teena - LOVE those pics of you and Lilly. You shine my friend and Lilly, wow I wish she was cuter...don't you?
DP
Old 08-07-2012, 10:14 AM   #152
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by janinev7 View Post
Ugh I know, I hope the chairs savers stay away from storm along bay in October! My husbands hates crowded places...and I've been telling him everything I've read here about the pool being so huge that it doesn't feel crowded. But, if all the chairs are taken it will make it feel crowded...even if nobody is in them lol.
someone should put up a sign that says "chair savers are not welcome here"
That's a great idea! That would solve the problem! Now we just need to figure out how we're going to get grey goose slushies delivered....
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-07-2012, 10:19 AM   #153
kelleigh1
Disney Baby
I sleep with Pooh & Mickey
Kicked off the school bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbliny View Post
Fingers crossed for you (it worked for me!)

My Southwest fares for next week (LI to TPA) dropped really low 10 weeks out and we wound up with a huge credit - they were true dream fares

For our 8/15 (1st of the day) and 8/22 (last of the day) nonstops - originally booked on May 9 for $152 each way at the best fare I had seen after looking for about a month - rebooked on June 5 for just $98 each way - I almost fell over having saved $432 for our family of 4

I always check on Tuesdays - everyday actually, but I never miss a Tuesday - this is usually the lowest fare day

Funny thing is even with this great deal - I still kept checking up until last week
That is an awesome savings!

I also check every Tuesday (and every other day if I remember). I just happened to check yesterday afternoon and they were already down from $197 to $165. Our flight down was $135 when I booked and it's now $197. I'm keeping my eye on both now!!

Childless doesn't mean that we're not a family. MLA RLA

Old 08-07-2012, 10:22 AM   #154
Scott MC
DIS Veteran

A few things this morning.....

1. As for the chair-saving at SAB...I'm glad that we're really not "loungers." We pool it up...then get the heck out of there! We're planning to use a locker to store our things. I will say BOOOOOO to chair savers who save them for extended periods of time and don't use them and a double BOOOOOO to CMs who don't do anything about it.

2. Magical Express.....What was that running joke on SNL? Don't get me started! I've had to call them 5 (!) times about our upcoming trip and they can't seem to get our dates/flights straight. We're leaving in 10 days, and yesterday they promised to have it all set straight, but said it'll take 7 days for the necessary tags/tickets to arrive. It's a headache!

3. Most exciting......
As of this morning...I can officially say.....I've lost 25 lbs for Mickey!
Old 08-07-2012, 10:24 AM   #155
kelleigh1
Disney Baby
I sleep with Pooh & Mickey
Kicked off the school bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmel View Post

Now I know this question has been asked and analyzed over the prior threads but honestly I never paid much mind since we are usually YC'ers...BUT - the balcony!!!! For a GV room - my one and only request will be FULL BALCONY. Are my chances decent??????
I thought all of YC was full balcony. That was one of the reasons we chose it over BC.

Childless doesn't mean that we're not a family. MLA RLA

Old 08-07-2012, 10:31 AM   #156
scottmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleigh1 View Post
I thought all of YC was full balcony. That was one of the reasons we chose it over BC.
yes YC is full balcony....But b/c of convention I am at BC GV...So my question is what are chances of full balcony at BC GV. Sorry my initial post was confusing!
DP
Old 08-07-2012, 10:33 AM   #157
scottmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott MC View Post

1. As for the chair-saving at SAB...I'm glad that we're really not "loungers." We pool it up...then get the heck out of there! We're planning to use a locker to store our things. I will say BOOOOOO to chair savers who save them for extended periods of time and don't use them and a double BOOOOOO to CMs who don't do anything about it.

2. Magical Express.....What was that running joke on SNL? Don't get me started! I've had to call them 5 (!) times about our upcoming trip and they can't seem to get our dates/flights straight. We're leaving in 10 days, and yesterday they promised to have it all set straight, but said it'll take 7 days for the necessary tags/tickets to arrive. It's a headache!

3. Most exciting......
congrats on the 25 pounds!!!! Regards to chair savings...I have been at SAB in June 4x, August 1x and never ever had trouble finding a chair at various times of the day....We are a party of 3 so maybe large families will report issues I dont' know but this has been something discussed on the boards a lot over the years and I can say I never had a problem. Might not be where I want a chair but always get one!!!
DP
Old 08-07-2012, 10:40 AM   #158
goodferry
DIS Veteran

We have had the same experience with chairs at the BC, never a problem. When we were there a CM was going around and removing towels that were clearly unused and that no one had been near in a while. I really think it varies depending on who is working, though. It's a shame that people can't be respectful and claim their chair when they need it, not hours earlier.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:59 AM   #159
challer
Hey EPCOT! Fix the jumping fountains already!!!

Hey, folks.

Just a general question: What does the connection between the BC and Villas look like? Is it an indoor corridor? Outdoor corridor? Sidewalk?

If anyone has a photo, please post.

Thanks.
Old 08-07-2012, 11:10 AM   #160
DT83097
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma

1) Yes and No.

I believe two half-gallons will fit. Can anyone confirm?

2) Don't know. Hope someone can answer this for you.

Missions- up for grabs

I want to add a section to the FAQ post called "Will it Fit?"

I would love it if someone going soon could take pictures of the fridge with a half gallon of milk/juice in it, and of the safe with an ipad (if it indeed fits)

Anyone up for packing a tape measure to get the dimensions of the safe?

Yes, I am serious!

BTW- I am still looking for someone to "time" the lazy river. How long does it take to make one complete rotation without propulsion.

Again. Serious.
We arrive in 10 days and our GG order has (2) 1/2 gallons so I'll let you know how they fit.

Aug 1997 CBR; 2000 CSR; April 2002 Offsite; April 2007 Poly ; Aug 2007 CBR
Aug 2009 Poly; Sept 2010 YC; Sept 2011 Poly; Aug 2012 YC ;Feb 2013 BLT; Sept 2013 BC
CSR Feb 2014-upgraded to YC! ; June 2014 GF
Old 08-07-2012, 11:12 AM   #161
DT83097
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma
They're Here!!!
What a great photo!!

Aug 1997 CBR; 2000 CSR; April 2002 Offsite; April 2007 Poly ; Aug 2007 CBR
Aug 2009 Poly; Sept 2010 YC; Sept 2011 Poly; Aug 2012 YC ;Feb 2013 BLT; Sept 2013 BC
CSR Feb 2014-upgraded to YC! ; June 2014 GF
Old 08-07-2012, 11:20 AM   #162
CT Disney
Mouseketeer

Thanks scottmel! You mentioned that all but 1 of the YC CL GV rooms face the wedding gazebo with a side view of the water. Just out of curiosity, where does that 1 other room face?

My daughter will be 13 when we visit too, so glad to hear your daughter liked the YC!

Old 08-07-2012, 11:21 AM   #163
HelenParr
DIS Veteran

PP wrote: Just a general question: What does the connection between the BC and Villas look like? Is it an indoor corridor? Outdoor corridor? Sidewalk?

Answer: From the Marketplace in the BC, there is an open air, covered walkway on sidewalk.

(You can also cross on a sidewalk from BCV to BC Solarium, all in the outside weather.)
Old 08-07-2012, 11:38 AM   #164
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

1. As for the chair-saving at SAB...I'm glad that we're really not "loungers." We pool it up...then get the heck out of there! We're planning to use a locker to store our things.
Oooh! the locker storage idea sounds perfect for us. We are always in the pool anyway so we never really sit in the chairs.

Another strategy for discouraging chair savers is one that I used at work. There was this one person who felt she was entitled to a chair that everybody used. I was in it one day and she came over and rudely declared that I was in her chair. I looked at her and very calmly replied that It was alright, she could have her chair back because I just farted in it. The rest of the staff completely lost it while Ms. "Entitled" stormed off in a hissy fit.

Quote:
3. Most exciting......
Truly awesome! Here are some dancing bananas, who are obviously doing aerobics, to celebrate your achievement!

~NM

Last edited by Ninja Mom; 08-07-2012 at 12:08 PM.
Old 08-07-2012, 11:52 AM   #165
Steph H
That Loud Redhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feckless View Post
I know!!! Time for the never ending ticker. LOL

I was up a half pound last week which was frustrating, but it was my birthday week and although I stayed on plan, I'm noticing a big difference with the speed the weight is coming off compared to 5 or 6 years ago. Getting old SUCKS. Wish my appetite slowed down with my metabolism!!!
It's hard as we get older--amen to that! But you can do it! And really , gaining half a pound on your birthday week is darn good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post
7 weeks from today DH and I check into the YC The other day I upgraded us to CL as a surprise for him. I cannot wait to get there
What a great surprise!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
They're Here!!!

Great picture!! Everyone looks great...I love seeing it "live"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbliny View Post

I always check on Tuesdays - everyday actually, but I never miss a Tuesday - this is usually the lowest fare day
My SIL is a treavel consultant (who specializes in Disney--lucky me!!) and she says the same thing!

Quote:
3. Most exciting......
That is awesome!!! Congrats!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post
Another strategy for discouraging chair savers is one that I used at work. There was this one person who felt she was entitled to a chair that everybody used. I was in it one day and she came over and rudely declared that I was in her chair. I looked at her and very calm replied that It was alright, she could have her chair back because I just farted in it. The rest of the staff completely lost it while Ms. "Entitled" stormed off in a hissy fit.
I soooooo wish I was leaving a day later this December so I could try to meet you in person! You crack me up!

In "one less thing to stress about" news regarding our trip...I emailed both kids' teachers last week to drop the bomb about them being taken out of school for a WEEK -- for a trip to Disney. The first-grader's teacher replied quickly and just asked for a reminder a week out, since she would have to do some extra work to gather his schoolwork together for him. I of course had planned to do that, but it was nice that she was so responsive. The one I was REALLY worried about was the fifth-grade teacher, because I know fifth-grade is a pretty intense year for learning new things, and I hoped she wouldn't be too upset at us taking him out of school for a whole week (in addition to the occasional Friday off due to hockey tournaments!). Her response was short and sweet: "Thanks for the heads up...we'll make it work!"

This made my day! I know it will be a challenge when the time comes, but it made me feel very good to know that the teachers are so willing to accommodate this special trip!

Okay, back to dreaming and planning... I love the new "digs"--it was fun to revisit the first page again this morning. Thank you so much, Dee, for your incredible dedication to this thread and its visitors!!

edited to add: Just noticed my ticker is 3 months, 3 weeks, and 3 days--now I want to buy a lotto ticket.

GF Sugarloaf 10/05
YC CL 12/12

Trip Report: Yacht Club December 2012, How I Survived Disneyworld on Weight Watchers
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: