Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 07:38 AM   #1591
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by west&east View Post
Has anybody stayed in any type of room with a king bed (regular or murphy)?
Anybody?
Teena, can you enlighten us?
There are very few king beds at the BC and a few more (but still a small amount) at the YC. You cannot "book" one but you can request one ... remember a request is just a request and nothing is guaranteed.

One way to definitely get a king bed is to book a one bedroom suite at the BC ... they all have king beds in them. A bit pricey though!
Old 09-06-2012, 07:40 AM   #1592
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Has anybody stayed in any type of room with a king bed (regular or murphy)?
Anybody?
Teena, can you enlighten us?
Here's one recent post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couchy View Post
King Bed-

Our previous trip we had a king bed with a full balcony - room 2573 I believe.
The room was very spacious. It had a large open area with a couch and coffee table. There was no murphy bed but the room was amazing. It had a wet bar area with storage and a sink. This is where the coffee maker was set up as well.. The only thing I did not like about the room was the bathroom. The sink and mirror was inside the bathroom and it was a tight in there. I prefer the sink outside the bathroom area.( Our recent queen room had the outside sink)
The view of 2573 was awesome. Garden view- overlooking the volleyball court but could also see a bit of the lake and we joked that we could watch the movie on the beach from our balcony

Hope that helps
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-06-2012, 07:41 AM   #1593
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
There are very few king beds at the BC and a few more (but still a small amount) at the YC. You cannot "book" one but you can request one ... remember a request is just a request and nothing is guaranteed.

One way to definitely get a king bed is to book a one bedroom suite at the BC ... they all have king beds in them. A bit pricey though!
Do you know if there are any King Murphy Beds? A few people have asked aobut them.
Old 09-06-2012, 07:43 AM   #1594
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Do you know if there are any King Murphy Beds? A few people have asked aobut them.
Supposedly they got rid of them with the last rehab.
Old 09-06-2012, 07:47 AM   #1595
west&east
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
Supposedly they got rid of them with the last rehab.
Thanks for the quick reply!

My Path Unwinding Blog: Traveling Through Life Disney Style

Twitter: @kksnc

AKL CL January 2009; WL CL December 2009; Beach Club CL Lagoon View December 2010;
Disney Cruise Line Magic Mediterranean Cruise August 2011; Beach Club CL Deluxe December 2011; Beach Club Food and Wine Birthday trip October 2012; Beach Club CL January 2013; Disney Fantasy Easter Cruise 2013 Concierge Cat V; Boardwalk Inn Club Level/ Waldorf Astoria June 2013; F& W October 2013

Next Up: Beach Club CL New Years Eve! Fantasy April 12, 2014; Adventures by Disney: Central Europe! July 2014!!!
Old 09-06-2012, 07:51 AM   #1596
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for the quick reply!
Sure ... just remember I said "supposedly". If I remember correctly, 2473 was a murphy bed before the rehab though.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:00 AM   #1597
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Regarding king beds: Please know at some resorts you can actually book a king bed. It's a room category. At the Y&B, we do not have a room category for a king bed and because there are so few of them, most people that request them do NOT get them.

We get people all the time that get upset because they say they "booked" a king bed or their travel agent "guaranteed" or "booked" them a king bed. YOU CANNOT BOOK A KING BED AT THE Y&B Therefore, you cannot be sure you can get one. The only way to be sure you will get one is to book the presidential, vice presidential, or the one or two bedroom suites. They all have king beds in them. If you get a confirmation from a travel agent on their letterhead (not Disney's letterhead) saying you have reserved or booked a king bed, you have NOT!!! Anybody can type up a confirmation that says you have a reservation for a king bed but unless you have a Disney confirmation that says you have a king bed, you do not have one reserved. And you can't get a confirmation from Disney at the Y&B saying you have a king bed because there is no category for a king bed unfortunately.

Obviously we try to accommodate requests but because there are so few king beds, it's a real long shot that you are going to get one. Knowing up front that you probably are not going to get one even though you requested one is important. That way if you do get one you will be thrilled but if you don't, you knew it going in and you shouldn't be upset. If a king bed is a must for your vacation - it will make or break your vacation, then you must book a suite at the Y&B or you should consider a resort at WDW where you can book a king bed ... where there is a room category for a king bed.

Again, please remember that if you are dealing with a travel agent who tells you you are guaranteed or you have booked a king bed at the Y&B, this is incorrect information and you should demand from your travel agent a confirmation from DISNEY that says you are confirmed or that you booked a king bed. Make them give you one ... one from their travel agent is not a Disney confirmation!!!!
Old 09-06-2012, 09:03 AM   #1598
cindydare
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
I just did a search on the resorts board- Fishing Excursions

Here are a couple of reviews:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2934038

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2894623

If you go to all ears there are some short reviews there.

You may want to try your own search or see what hits you get on the Theme Park boards.

Hope that helps!
Thanks Dee! I'll have him read those tonight. DD9 is deciding if she wants to go with him or not, she thinks it will be cool to fish with Dad.....DS4 will stay with me....he'll end up in the lake if he goes on a boat!
Old 09-06-2012, 09:12 AM   #1599
MCFADDEN5
MCFADDEN5

closures at the BC

Hi everyone, we are leaving in a couple of weeks and just saw that Hurricane hannas is closed!
I am just wondering will they still have waitresses around the pool to take drink orders etc or will they have Martha's Vineyard open in the afternoon, should we want to go and grab a drink there?
Not that its a big deal, but we are going with a group of friends and all our kids so there will definatley be the odd afternoon that we will need to have a drink or two by the pool!!
Also, just saw some posts about the fitness club, is it closed as well?
Thanks!!!
Feb 07 Riverside,Feb 08 Frenchquarter and Grand Floridian,Dec 08 Yacht Club,
Feb 2010 Caribbean Beach, December 2010 Riverside, September 2011 Beach Club,
September 2012 Beach Club,
Old 09-06-2012, 09:13 AM   #1600
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Can someone point me in the direction of some recent YC reviews? TIA!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 09-06-2012, 09:18 AM   #1601
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCFADDEN5 View Post
Hi everyone, we are leaving in a couple of weeks and just saw that Hurricane hannas is closed!
I am just wondering will they still have waitresses around the pool to take drink orders etc or will they have Martha's Vineyard open in the afternoon, should we want to go and grab a drink there?
Not that its a big deal, but we are going with a group of friends and all our kids so there will definatley be the odd afternoon that we will need to have a drink or two by the pool!!
Also, just saw some posts about the fitness club, is it closed as well?
Thanks!!!
I am just wondering will they still have waitresses around the pool to take drink orders- Yes.

Here's the info I have on Page 1 about the HH refurb. As new info is posted, I will add that.

There is also information about the fitness club- equipment has been moved to the Solarium. Guests may use that or go over to BWI during the refurbishment.

Hurricane Hanna's is a quick service location near SAB, featuring sandwiches and other quick bites.
The kids' meals are served in a pail with a shovel that can be used at the beach or at SAB!
Alcoholic beverages are also available.

Please note that Hurricane Hanna's will be undergoing refurbishment for several months, beginning on August 27, 2012.

A hot dog cart and grab and go sandwich options will be available near the pool (by Beaches and Cream and in the arcade area) while HH is closed down. Poolside gifts will become a Poolside bar with mixed drink options available as well as frozen pina coladas and strawberry daiqueris. Waitress service will still be available poolside.

Thank you to KJay, who provided the following pictues and info (August 28, 2012):

According to pool server Rocky- in addition to the hotdog cart, several food options can be ordered from the pool servers- cheeseburgers, turkey sandwich, vegetable sandwich, and a few others (but no grilled chese)

Left front corner of the arcade has been converted to a grab&go station. There were some hot catering trays looking like they were ready to serve hot food here as well, but none of the CMs could tell me what/when/if that was happening. They are all still trying to figure out how this is going to work, and a few CMs told me they'd have it all figured out in a week or so...

Full standard bar, but frozen options are limited to pina colada and strawberry daquiri (from machines).

Last edited by natebenma; 09-06-2012 at 09:22 AM. Reason: Incomplete post
Old 09-06-2012, 09:30 AM   #1602
MCFADDEN5
MCFADDEN5

Thank you so much for the infor. Thats is exactly what we needed to know!
Feb 07 Riverside,Feb 08 Frenchquarter and Grand Floridian,Dec 08 Yacht Club,
Feb 2010 Caribbean Beach, December 2010 Riverside, September 2011 Beach Club,
September 2012 Beach Club,
Old 09-06-2012, 10:08 AM   #1603
DjdBrit
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Can someone point me in the direction of some recent YC reviews? TIA!
I just stayed there I posted a mini review on page 94 of this thread. Let me know if you have any questions
Old 09-06-2012, 10:17 AM   #1604
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjdBrit View Post
I just stayed there I posted a mini review on page 94 of this thread. Let me know if you have any questions
Thank you!!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 09-06-2012, 10:24 AM   #1605
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

2 more days!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: