Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 09:28 PM   #1576
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

NinjaMom: so sorry for your struggles.y prayers are with you.

My father smoked for over 50 years. He quit cold turkey one day shortly after my son was born prematurely when my brother made a comment about him smoking around the baby. We were so proud of him! He was diagnosed with lung cancer 22 years after he stopped smoking. He passed away 5 months and 28 days after being diagnosed. It was the hardest thing my family has had to endure.

I can only think that at least when he stopped we got all those extra years with him that maybe we wouldn't have had if he had not stopped when he did.
Old 09-05-2012, 09:31 PM   #1577
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindydare
NM---continuing to send prayers your way!

Dee---Did you get my PM? I can't tell if it was sent or not. Today has been a technically challenged day for me.

Has anyone ever taken one of the fishing excursions from the YC marina? DH is thinking about booking one during our trip. 16 days to go!
My niece and sister went on the early morning fishing excursion at YC. They enjoyed it but I think taking one on Seven Seas Lagoon would have been better or maybe Bay Lake because they could only go between the marina and HS. They did like it though and they enjoyed the "professionals" that took them out.
Register to remove

Old 09-05-2012, 09:35 PM   #1578
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolateMinnie
In Room Amenities?

When we have stayed at other resorts they have offered this on their room service menu. I'm thinking of ordering a cake to be delivered to our room (have been researching on the cake thread ) but then thought I might prefer to order a chocolate character or tuxedo strawberries. Has anyone noticed this type of thing on the room menu recently?

Thanks
Yes, there are several items you can order. Chocolate Mickey, strawberries, cookies and milk, cake, chocolate box with truffles, snacks and of course anything on the room service menu. I even think fresh fruit is available.
Old 09-06-2012, 05:21 AM   #1579
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by britterbell View Post
Just returned from th BC on 9/2 and had a wonderful time. However, my family and I were a little disappointed with BC. Very, very poor Internet access in rooms, as well as the lobby so be prepared. Rooms are starting to get worn down. We had a cracked sink, a banged up door, a leak on the floor from who knows where and a broken closet door. We loved how close Epcot was and the pool was great. Hurricaine Hanna closed 1 day after we got there and we had no information on this happening. Half of the washing machines were broken, as well as the change machine. I'm glad we experienced the hotel, but we enjoyed the Animal Kingdom Lodge and Poly more.
Thanks for sharing your review. Sorry to hear about your disappointing experiences at the Beach Club. We have been hearing the reports about the washing machines- I hope that has been corrected.

Sounds like your room is definitely in need of some TLC. I know the Yacht and Beach Club rooms were refurbed right before my first trip there in 2009. Anyone know how often Disney "refreshes" their resort rooms?

Last edited by natebenma; 09-06-2012 at 05:59 AM. Reason: Freakishly Familiar Phrasing
Old 09-06-2012, 05:23 AM   #1580
MickeyT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by britterbell View Post
Just returned from th BC on 9/2 and had a wonderful time. However, my family and I were a little disappointed with BC. Very, very poor Internet access in rooms, as well as the lobby so be prepared. Rooms are starting to get worn down. We had a cracked sink, a banged up door, a leak on the floor from who knows where and a broken closet door. We loved how close Epcot was and the pool was great. Hurricaine Hanna closed 1 day after we got there and we had no information on this happening. Half of the washing machines were broken, as well as the change machine. I'm glad we experienced the hotel, but we enjoyed the Animal Kingdom Lodge and Poly more.
Sorry your stay was less than magical britterbell. I have read on the Dis and other boards and heard on several podcast that internet reception was less than desirable in most resorts. Ours worked fine during our June trip. Sounds like a hit or miss. Not sure if it's location or useage.

Now far as banged up furniture that just reinforces the need for construction and room upgrades. Sounds like you got a really bad room. I know folks always say you can just change rooms but really you shouldn't have to. I do hope you reported the problems while there. No one paying the $$$$$$ for a deluxe should have a broken sink or a leak.

Old 09-06-2012, 05:29 AM   #1581
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarabel View Post
Continuing to enjoy my planning obsession, 55 days to go....

Can anyone confirm that refillable mugs can be replenished at Ale and Compass? A response from mom's panel posted today said that you could not.

Also can anyone clarify which, and how many, items would constitute a counter service credit breakfast here? I'd like to work out if this is a good option for our early starts.
Reports are that you can refill your mug at A&C until noon. According to someone who was there recently, once it opens as a bar, that is no longer an option.

If someone is at the YC now, or going soon, could you check on the breakfast situation, please. I don't think they have anything cooked, like egg sandwiches or french toast sticks, I think it is mainly muffins, fruit and other Continental fare*, most likely available for a "Snack credit" rather than a "Counter Service" credit.

Here is something I found in my notes, from pixarmom: "The bakery case was small and contained five different items: two kinds of muffins, bagels, croissants and cinnamon rolls. They also had coffee, cream cheese, jams and cereals. I may be missing a few items, but it was small".

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindydare View Post
Dee---Did you get my PM? I can't tell if it was sent or not. Today has been a technically challenged day for me.
Sorry about that, Cindy! I had a technically challenged day, too. My internet connection went down around 10 am and wasn't restored until my DH swapped out a dying router for one on its last legs. New one one the way!

Yes, I did get your message. THANKS!!! I don't know if Penny saw it, so I will text her the info.

Last edited by natebenma; 09-06-2012 at 06:15 AM.
Old 09-06-2012, 05:42 AM   #1582
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Animal lover Flat Ben was at Animal Kingdom yesterday.

Can't wait to see what is in store for him today!
Old 09-06-2012, 06:07 AM   #1583
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8vthsfam View Post
Hi;
You can add us to the Be Our Guest List! Dec 13-16 YC CL after our GF anniversary stay and Dream cruise - BIG trip and this is the last leg!

I do have a question I hope someone can help me with: I am having knee trouble and will need to minimize my walking. What would the best location to request for closeness to SAB entrance with the construction happening then? Will that be close to the lobby as well as the CL lounge? We will be staying YC CL. Thanks!
I presume the noodles are already spoken for during our dates?

I'll add you to the list!

The Noodles are reserved for Dec 15 and 16, but I have added you to the list for Dec 13-14 and 15 if you can return them in the morning.

May the Weather Be Ever in Your Favor!

I have never stayed at the YC- I know the elevator in the BC CL is consistent with a request of "Close to lobby/SAB". Not sure if that is the case at the YC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladimir10 View Post
which means 10 days to go!!!

Staying at BCV, 1 bedroom, from September 15-22, excited this year!

Love staying at BC, been there once before. Stayed at BWI last year, wasn't impressed.

See everyone there!

I'll add you to the list.

Old 09-06-2012, 06:41 AM   #1584
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindydare View Post
Has anyone ever taken one of the fishing excursions from the YC marina? DH is thinking about booking one during our trip. 16 days to go!
I just did a search on the resorts board- Fishing Excursions

Here are a couple of reviews:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2934038

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2894623

If you go to all ears there are some short reviews there.

You may want to try your own search or see what hits you get on the Theme Park boards.

Hope that helps!
Old 09-06-2012, 06:57 AM   #1585
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
....and one more cheeky question:

Family style breakfast (serves 4) on in-room dining menu: 2 TS credits/ 8 TS credits?? Anyone know?
Took a quick look at the In Room Dining Menu I have posted on Page 1 (From all ears), didn't see anything there about the use of Dining Plan credits for any of the items.

Here is the description of the Family Breakfast, but no info on dining credits.

Family Style Breakfast - Serves 4 - Mickey Waffles, Pancakes, Scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, mixed fruit, orange juice and coffee or tea $54.99

The price was still $54.99 in August 2011.

Old 09-06-2012, 07:11 AM   #1586
chaoscent

Mouseketeer

DISboards Moderator

Sorry about that, Cindy! I had a technically challenged day, too. My internet connection went down around 10 am and wasn't restored until my DH swapped out a dying router for one on its last legs. New one one the way!

Yes, I did get your message. THANKS!!! I don't know if Penny saw it, so I will text her the info.[/QUOTE]

I got the pm. & reponded to Cindt Internet is VERY spotty in the BCV. off/on, throughout day/night, Plus typing on a laptop is a pain for me. Water shut off in BCV until 6 am. It's back now. I must say the CM's here are the nicest I have ever met. P
Autograph Cards & Covers, Tshirts & Background Clip art are here http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/d...1Cent/?start=0 Our DISigns are free as we donate our time and talent to make them. If you like what we have made please consider a donation to Give Kids the World. To donate, please click the Power of 10 image in my signature.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:25 AM   #1587
natebenma
DIS Veteran

You can customize your uploads so they all upload at the same size. I think the default is full size. I have all my uploads the pictures in a large size:

On the page where you get the green button that says

"Select Photos and Videos"

In the top right corner there are very small blue letters that say

"Customize your upload options"

When you click on the link you get a box that says

"Choose a setting for websized copies of your photos to link and share"

I use the LARGE setting (640x480)

You just need to do this once, not every time you upload.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:29 AM   #1588
west&east
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
I think the Murphy King Beds are a bit like Bigfoot. People have heard that they exist, but we haven't had any actual sitings.

HAS anyone seen one of these Murphy King Beds? and better yet, have photographic evidence?

Thanks!
Has anybody stayed in any type of room with a king bed (regular or murphy)?
Anybody?
Teena, can you enlighten us?

My Path Unwinding Blog: Traveling Through Life Disney Style

Twitter: @kksnc

AKL CL January 2009; WL CL December 2009; Beach Club CL Lagoon View December 2010;
Disney Cruise Line Magic Mediterranean Cruise August 2011; Beach Club CL Deluxe December 2011; Beach Club Food and Wine Birthday trip October 2012; Beach Club CL January 2013; Disney Fantasy Easter Cruise 2013 Concierge Cat V; Boardwalk Inn Club Level/ Waldorf Astoria June 2013; F& W October 2013; Beach Club CL New Years Eve! Fantasy April 12, 2014; Adventures by Disney: Central Europe! July 2014!!!

Next Up: WDW January 2015, Disney Fantasy (Eastern) April 4, 2015; Disney Dream Double Dip June 26, 2015

Last edited by west&east; 09-06-2012 at 08:30 AM. Reason: editing
Old 09-06-2012, 08:29 AM   #1589
natebenma
DIS Veteran

You can ignore MY previous post- I needed to repost this so I could link it to the "How Do I" section of the FAQ. The original post was in a thread that got locked, so I couldn't make the correction to the info there.

Last edited by natebenma; 09-06-2012 at 08:36 AM.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:29 AM   #1590
kelleigh1
Disney Baby
I sleep with Pooh & Mickey
Kicked off the school bus

Quote:
Continuing to enjoy my planning obsession, 55 days to go....

Can anyone confirm that refillable mugs can be replenished at Ale and Compass? A response from mom's panel posted today said that you could not.

Also can anyone clarify which, and how many, items would constitute a counter service credit breakfast here? I'd like to work out if this is a good option for our early starts.
Looks like we're there about the same time. We arrive in 52 days. We're staying at YC.

Childless doesn't mean that we're not a family. MLA RLA

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: