Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 12:19 PM   #1531
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannysMom View Post
I have been lurking around since we bought BCV points this summer. Guess I should add our spring trip to the Be Our Guest page.

We'll be at BCV from March 20-27. Yay!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards App please excuse any typos.
Here's your official

I'll add you to the list!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2girlsR2good View Post
Our dates are March 21-26 the only trick is that the girls need to have a healthy year since this trip involves missing 1.5 days of school. I won't do that if theyve already missed several days. I checked, and this is the last year that their birthday comes close to spring break until 2016.
Which resort did you/will you book? BC or YC? or are you still deciding?
Old 09-04-2012, 12:20 PM   #1532
tink68
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

The answers to your questions are "maybe" and "yes". The pools are heated. The problem is not the temp of the water, it is the temp of the air once you get out. If you have some warm days, which are very possible, you may find yourself swimming.

If you haven't had a chance to check out the FAQ on Page 1 (Post 12), you may want to read through that. There is some info about room requests. What is important to you? Do you want to be close to the lobby/pool/bus stops? Closer to EPCOT? Do you want to request a full balcony (about 50% of the rooms have these). Do you want to request a daybed?

I think there are GV rooms that face EPCOT- not sure if you can see some of the structures like Spaceship Earth, The Land or the Eiffel Tower or the high fireworks from Illuminations from those rooms or not. I know some rooms do overlook those landmarks, but I don't which category they are (standard or garden view)
Thanks so much! I would like to be closer to Epcot but honestly do not care too much. I will be in Disney World! I am happy anywhere when I am there. Just hope it is warm enough for kids to enjoy the pool at least once or twice. If it is cold they will just have to run for the room when they get out.
Thanks again!

2004 Pop Century, 2005 POFQ, 2006 POR, 2007 Yacht Club and Wilderness Lodge, 2008 Contemporary, 2009 POFQ, 2010 Boardwalk, 2012 POR, 2013 POR
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-04-2012, 12:34 PM   #1533
Brit17
DIS Veteran

What views can you possibly get when you book a Garden View CL room at the Beach Club? ... Thanx ...
Old 09-04-2012, 02:02 PM   #1534
barbliny
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel16 View Post
I imagine the answer is yes to this but....

It was reported a couple weeks back that all the washers in the laundry room had signs that they were out of service. Are they all repaired now? I will most certainly be doing laundry while we are there.

Angel16
On 8/20 - all of the washers and dryers were working - this was reported by my husband. I refuse to do laundry on vacation, my husband usually does.

He was not particularly thrilled with the laundry experience he had. He went around 11:00 pm to do laundry and walked into a room (small) full of people. All of the washers and dryers were full. He planned on trying to wait for a machine. He left after watching a woman throwing a full-out tantrum over the full machines, and yelling at anyone within earshot that someone should not be allowed to use 2 washers.

He went back the next morning (around 5 am - he's an early riser) and did his laundry without incident.

He said the laundry facilities were a mess - this is the fault of guests, not housekeeping.

Moral of the story - it is MUCH easier to do your laundry early in the day vs. late in the day.
Old 09-04-2012, 02:33 PM   #1535
DisneyMomx7
DIS Veteran

I had the same thing happen doing laundry.

I was up at 4:30 and down to an empty laundry at 5:00. Around 5:30 a man came wanting to do laundry. I told him my own laundry would be done in about 15 minutes. He went on a tirade about how rude I was to use all three (one wasn't working) washers. I told him if he had come down as early as I had he would have had his pick of washers. I couldn't believe he had a fit over waiting 15 minutes!

GF-2003,2004,2005,2006,2008,2009,2011,2013,2014
YC-2006,2007,2008,2014 POLY- 2006,2007,2008
BC-2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013
HRH-2004,2006, RPR-2012, 2014
Old 09-04-2012, 06:12 PM   #1536
mmtwinmama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
odd question, but the showers in the BC rooms - are they tile? (I was thinking of bringing a couple of suction cup hooks to hang our travel sponge pouf things from...?)
I brought two suction cup hooks and they fell... Constantly. I had wiped and tried cleaning both the cups and the wall and they still fell. . So... I ended up just hanging them off the little knob thing that has the clothes line in it....
Old 09-04-2012, 07:05 PM   #1537
Angel16
Member of the 'Jambo! WildBunch'
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbliny View Post
On 8/20 - all of the washers and dryers were working - this was reported by my husband. I refuse to do laundry on vacation, my husband usually does.

He was not particularly thrilled with the laundry experience he had. He went around 11:00 pm to do laundry and walked into a room (small) full of people. All of the washers and dryers were full. He planned on trying to wait for a machine. He left after watching a woman throwing a full-out tantrum over the full machines, and yelling at anyone within earshot that someone should not be allowed to use 2 washers.

He went back the next morning (around 5 am - he's an early riser) and did his laundry without incident.

He said the laundry facilities were a mess - this is the fault of guests, not housekeeping.

Moral of the story - it is MUCH easier to do your laundry early in the day vs. late in the day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomx7 View Post
I had the same thing happen doing laundry.

I was up at 4:30 and down to an empty laundry at 5:00. Around 5:30 a man came wanting to do laundry. I told him my own laundry would be done in about 15 minutes. He went on a tirade about how rude I was to use all three (one wasn't working) washers. I told him if he had come down as early as I had he would have had his pick of washers. I couldn't believe he had a fit over waiting 15 minutes!
Thank you both for the posting about the laundry area. I am sorry you both had much less then stellar experiences due to other guests. Goodness some people are really full of themselves aren't they! Life is too short to get that upset over something so small.

Do I need quarters for the washer and dryer? How much does it cost to do a load of laundry? Thank you so much for help.

Angel16
Old 09-04-2012, 07:30 PM   #1538
vinotinto
Just Keep Swimming

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJay View Post
Here's the menu for the arcade food...

Thanks for posting the pic of the arcade menu. I'm happy to see that they have a few options beyond burgers and hot dogs. Seems like better variety than HH.

Any other word on food choices around the pool? Also, does anyone know if you can order room service to deliver at the pool?

Aug 2014 - YC Jan 2014 - Disney Dream and WL Oct 2013 - PBH Oct 2012 - BC (DxDP) Oct 2011 - YC (DxDP) May 2011 - PBH and AKL (DxDP) Sept 2010 - Poly (DxDP) Oct 2009 - BC (DDP) May 2004 - RPR April 1995 - AsMu
Old 09-04-2012, 08:22 PM   #1539
Lalabubbles
Mouseketeer

Just received an email to try fast pass+ for our upcoming trip. Has anyone else experienced it yet? So excited tomorrow we are down to 14 days Cannot wait to spend 10 days at the Beach Club.

Old 09-04-2012, 08:35 PM   #1540
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinotinto View Post
Thanks for posting the pic of the arcade menu. I'm happy to see that they have a few options beyond burgers and hot dogs. Seems like better variety than HH.

Any other word on food choices around the pool? Also, does anyone know if you can order room service to deliver at the pool?
All this HH rehab is also making me wonder if they are increasing the food offerings at HH when the rehab is finished. I'll bet they are. I've read that this is a major rehab so maybe all that wishing for better CS options at the YC/BC is finally going to come true.

So this leads me to my next question. What would YOU like to see on the menu at HH when the rehab is finished?

I'd like to see tuna fish, chicken salad and other cold sandwich options like lunch meat subs. Another great addition would be if you could request specific types of bread and rolls, like rye bread or onion rolls. Salads would also be good. I can't see soup being an option but frozen Yogurt would be AWESOME! Even better with that would be a topping selection like granola, fruit or chocolate chips (the mini ones should do it!) I'd also love to see fresh fruit salad offered. Fresh fruit after a swim is divine!

So what do y'all want to see? Let's hear it!

~NM
NM Update: My Mom is in the ICU with a blood clot on the lung, She just had two units of blood on Friday and her counts are low so something is up with that as well. I spent 6 hours at the house with her yesterday and then that night she tanked. I just really don't know what to say at this point. Her suffering is unreal. She smoked for years and I was so proud of her when after a mighty struggle she was finally able to give it up. After trying a million things, the one that really worked for her was a medication called Chantix. I consider that a miracle drug because it broke the addiction. If you are smoking and you are ready to quit please consider seeing your doctor and asking for help. There are things out there that can really help. I know how hard it is to quit because I watched my mom try for years so no judgement here. I just have love and encouragement to offer to those that want to try.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:37 PM   #1541
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalabubbles View Post
Just received an email to try fast pass+ for our upcoming trip. Has anyone else experienced it yet? So excited tomorrow we are down to 14 days Cannot wait to spend 10 days at the Beach Club.
Feckless!!! Calling Feckless!!! Paging Ms. Feckless!!!
(She tried it out on her trip after being picked)
Is it my imagination or did they stop testing FP+ during the busy summer months?

~NM
Old 09-04-2012, 08:50 PM   #1542
Princess on the Run
Sprinkling Pixie Dust!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink68 View Post
Just booked a military discounted room at the Beach Club for Feb 13-18th. Hubby and I have stayed at Yacht Club by ourselves but we have never stayed at Beach Club and we will have our kids. Will we be able to swim in Feb at SAB? Is it heated? I know with Florida you never know if it will be hot or cold at that time of year. Also is there a GV that faces Epcot? It looks like it on the map. Any suggestions for best area to request?
Thanks for the help. We are so excited for our trip.

We were there this February (4-11) and we did swim 2 days. It was a little chilly by Florida standards but by Chicago standards and with snow waiting for us at home, we put on our suits and enjoyed! The pools were not very crowded (we were at Kidani) so I am guessing not many people agreed with us. LOL!

Old 09-04-2012, 08:51 PM   #1543
*~PrincessBelle~*
DIS Veteran

Just had to stop by and do a little ...just did online check in! Only 10 more days until me and DH check in to the YC...

Feel free to say hi if you see us at SaB on the 14th...no lime green mickeys heads with us but I do have a super cute red and white polka-dot 1950's retro style bathing suit...hubby says he can always pick me out in a crowd since im one of the few 20-something year old girl who doesn't wear an itsy bitsy bikini

To all those heading out this week wishing you save travels and lots of pixie dust on your vacation!
Old 09-04-2012, 08:55 PM   #1544
Lalabubbles
Mouseketeer

NM - I do remember that her and her family tried it out ! Thanks for refreshing my memory I tend to be forgetful

The only problem with this test is that there are 5 of us going ( my parents are joining us) and the FP are only for my family of 3. I am sure my parents won't mind sitting and resting. The only one that will be a problem is the FP for the parade, but I am sure we can figure something out

Old 09-05-2012, 01:51 AM   #1545
barbliny
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel16 View Post
Do I need quarters for the washer and dryer? How much does it cost to do a load of laundry? Thank you so much for help.

Angel16
My husband, unlike me (whom I would double-check my info with), at this late hour, is sound asleep ...

I believe there is a change machine in the laundry room. I would bet the higher quantity of smaller bills you bring with you, the better off you are.

From what I found out on the boards, the washers are front-load. I believe there are vending machines in the laundry room. But, we brought with us multiple laundry detergent pods I received over the past year - all free samples.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: