Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 06:50 AM   #1516
natebenma
DIS Veteran

A few more pictures from Flat Ben's Amazing Adventures have been added to his trip report. Here's a sample

Please note- No minors were saturated in the production of this picture.
Old 09-04-2012, 07:19 AM   #1517
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mvavra1 View Post
Just got back from 8 days at the BC. Loved every minute of it. Will not stay anywhere else if I go back to Disney. Vacation was great except for flights. Flight down supposed to leave at 5:45 AM but was delayed then canceled due to electrical issues with the plane. Stuck at my small hometown airport for 6 hours before we finally got a plane to Philly then Orlando. On way home we got delayed in Orlando as they fixed a tire on plane then they overbooked flight so we had to wait till 2 people took vouchers to give up seats. Then while sitting in the plane pilot said Dulles was closing due to rain???? Sat in plane for 45 minutes then finally left Orlando only to miss connection by 10 minutes. Then United told me it was weather problem so they can't help me and we got stuck in DC overnight. Finally got a flight out this morning. Never flying United again. But we loved Beach Club and had a great time while in Disney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwwi View Post
Hi Teena!

Just back from 4 night stay at BCV, first stay at BC/YC resort. 8/30-9/3. Stayed in studio, 5th floor, view of epcot geosphere/land pavilion. The room was very comfortable and close to elevator. (but not noisy or too close) We left our pool noodles in the hall at 6am this morning when we left for the airport, hope someone found them with the note to "please take"

The weather was beautiful all weekend, we really got lucky.

Especially loved SAB, wow what a great pool. We did find chairs each day, arrived at opening on Saturday, so no problem. On Sunday we arrived closer to 12:00, and we were lucky to find two chairs close to lazy river section. It was hot both days, so we spent only a short period of time in the chairs. SAB was crowded, more so on Sunday, but we were there later in the afternoon on that day!

We stopped to visit with Teena on Saturday afternoon. It was good to see her again. My sister and I showed her a picture of the gingerbread house that we made last December. We had stopped to see the Christmas decorations at BC on our trip in November, and met Teena for the first time. She suggested we buy the kit to make the gingerbread house at home. It was a very reasonable price. We had fun, and laughs, putting it together. We also heard about her trip to Las Vegas, and of course told her how adorable Lily looked in all her pictures from the August BC trip. Hope to stay at BC again on a future trip.

The only restaurant where we ate at the BC/YC was B&C. The burger and No Way Jose were so good. Two kitchen sinks were served while we were there. It is always fun to see those being delivered to a table. Also picked up a strawberry cupcake and chocolate peanut butter cake from BW bakery. Both were excellent.

We went to see Wishes from the Top of the World lounge at BLT last night. We loved it! We arrived about 20 minutes prior to the show, showed our DVC notation on our room key to the DVC rep in the lobby of BLT, very simple.

I also have been ordering H2O products after falling in love with them at the resorts. I love the Spa line, but also enjoyed using the blue shampoo this past weekend.

Loved the pictures of the boat rental from BC marina, it sure looks like fun!

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you both for your reviews!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
30 days from right now, I'll be at Beach Club! So excited! I thought you guys might understand my excitement.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-04-2012, 07:20 AM   #1518
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarabel View Post
Can anyone explain the situation with Ale and Compass and CS credit breakfast?
What exactly is included in a CS portion?

With HH being refurbed I'm struggling to 'spend' CS credits on DDP but I'm wondering if it will be a poor use of a credit as we could use refillable mugs plus a snack credit for breakfast here for about the same amount of food.

I've scouted all about but have really struggled to get any info on CS breakfast at A&C (or any other epcot resort hotel) so any additional knowledge would be valuable. Thanks
Good question. Maybe someone who is there now, or going soon can check it out. Here is a thread of photos taken by our friend MickeyT during his trip in June

Ale and Compass is located just off the Yacht Club Lobby.
In the morning, breakfast items are available like a DECENT cup of coffee and tea, pastries, an assortment of cereal and fruit.

Thanks, Niki in NJ for the photo!

Ale and Compass Menu

Ale and Compass Continental Breakfast Photos

Thanks, MickeyT and Nicki in NJ
Old 09-04-2012, 07:21 AM   #1519
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess on the Run View Post
We're staying in the Beach Club Villas 2/22-3/2

We've never stayed there before but when we were there in Feb this year and ate at Cape May Cafe, my kids were 12 kinds of ticked off that they didn't get to play on the pirate ship and probably bring it up every other week since then. I cannot WAIT to surprise them with our next trip and where we're staying!!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:09 AM   #1520
2girlsR2good
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwwi View Post
My sister and I showed her a picture of the gingerbread house that we made last December. We had stopped to see the Christmas decorations at BC on our trip in November, and met Teena for the first time. She suggested we buy the kit to make the gingerbread house at home. It was a very reasonable price. We had fun, and laughs, putting it together.

Loved the pictures of the boat rental from BC marina, it sure looks like fun!

What a great idea--I'm swiping it. Is it a BC/YC special house? Disnry? We are going down for a party only trip in Dec (2 nights at WL). We'll go by BC/YC to check out the decor and I'll be sure to pick one up if it Disney specific. My daughters and I make a gingerbread house every year.

The boat rental sounds like just the thing to do with the non theme park grandparents.

Our dates are March 21-26 the only trick is that the girls need to have a healthy year since this trip involves missing 1.5 days of school. I won't do that if theyve already missed several days. I checked, and this is the last year that their birthday comes close to spring break until 2016.
Old 09-04-2012, 09:47 AM   #1521
chaoscent

Mouseketeer

DISboards Moderator

Hi - Jim (DH), Flat Ben & i are staying in a 1 BR BCV. We are staying in room 336. It's close to the elevator and the quiet pool, which is normally pretty quiet. SAB didn't look that crowded when we walked past yesterday. The rrom is very much like the BWV, however the shower (at least in this room) is skinnier & very long. Actually big enough to shower with one or two friends if one were so inclined. We met Teena on Sunday & Monday. She is just as nice in person as she is on this thread. In fact, everyone has been super nice. The CM's in the Market Place were very nice also. I am a pin trader and the are very pin-trader friendly.
It was very crowded over the weekend, but last night Epcot was quite empty. The internet is spotty and somewhat inconsistent, but I got out all my emails late last night. I am typing on my acer which results in many typos. Hopefully I catch most of them. Jim loves the proximity to Epcot. we go out a gate and up/down the hill and we are there. I am off to DHS. I must tell you this is a very nice resort and as of today, i have no complaints. I will probably stay here again!!!!!!
Autograph Cards & Covers, Tshirts & Background Clip art are here http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/d...1Cent/?start=0 Our DISigns are free as we donate our time and talent to make them. If you like what we have made please consider a donation to Give Kids the World. To donate, please click the Power of 10 image in my signature.
Old 09-04-2012, 10:18 AM   #1522
tink68
Mouseketeer

Just booked a military discounted room at the Beach Club for Feb 13-18th. Hubby and I have stayed at Yacht Club by ourselves but we have never stayed at Beach Club and we will have our kids. Will we be able to swim in Feb at SAB? Is it heated? I know with Florida you never know if it will be hot or cold at that time of year. Also is there a GV that faces Epcot? It looks like it on the map. Any suggestions for best area to request?
Thanks for the help. We are so excited for our trip.

2004 Pop Century, 2005 POFQ, 2006 POR, 2007 Yacht Club and Wilderness Lodge, 2008 Contemporary, 2009 POFQ, 2010 Boardwalk, 2012 POR, 2013 POR
Old 09-04-2012, 10:26 AM   #1523
georgiasmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by catho72 View Post
How early did you get to SAB to be picked?
We got there about 20 minutes before the pool opened and were first in line

A
Old 09-04-2012, 10:32 AM   #1524
georgiasmom
Mouseketeer

Back home

We had a fantastic trip. Thanks to everyone here for all of your great info. I've stayed at the BC several times before but I learned many new things from you guys. Thanks especially to Dee and Teena!

I'll post a ton of photos on facebook in the next couple of days. I will share the link to the album here when it's complete.

Our next trip is in January. We'll be cruising on the Dream for 4 nights then spending a couple of days at DW probably at BLT. (if there is availability)

So excited that we become members of the DVC this trip!!

Amy
Old 09-04-2012, 10:46 AM   #1525
kelleigh1
Disney Baby
I sleep with Pooh & Mickey
Kicked off the school bus

Can someone tell me exactly where we can refill our refillable mugs? We'll be staying at YC during the week of Halloween (so HH will be closed). Thank you!

I'm working on making notes for the trip and since it's now September, I'm in overdrive!

Childless doesn't mean that we're not a family. MLA RLA

Old 09-04-2012, 11:30 AM   #1526
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

odd question, but the showers in the BC rooms - are they tile? (I was thinking of bringing a couple of suction cup hooks to hang our travel sponge pouf things from...?)
Old 09-04-2012, 12:26 PM   #1527
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
odd question, but the showers in the BC rooms - are they tile? (I was thinking of bringing a couple of suction cup hooks to hang our travel sponge pouf things from...?)
I was going to say no, but I just looked at my pictures from July 2010, and this is the shower:

Old 09-04-2012, 12:33 PM   #1528
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink68 View Post
Just booked a military discounted room at the Beach Club for Feb 13-18th. Hubby and I have stayed at Yacht Club by ourselves but we have never stayed at Beach Club and we will have our kids. Will we be able to swim in Feb at SAB? Is it heated? I know with Florida you never know if it will be hot or cold at that time of year. Also is there a GV that faces Epcot? It looks like it on the map. Any suggestions for best area to request?
Thanks for the help. We are so excited for our trip.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

The answers to your questions are "maybe" and "yes". The pools are heated. The problem is not the temp of the water, it is the temp of the air once you get out. If you have some warm days, which are very possible, you may find yourself swimming.

If you haven't had a chance to check out the FAQ on Page 1 (Post 12), you may want to read through that. There is some info about room requests. What is important to you? Do you want to be close to the lobby/pool/bus stops? Closer to EPCOT? Do you want to request a full balcony (about 50% of the rooms have these). Do you want to request a daybed?

I think there are GV rooms that face EPCOT- not sure if you can see some of the structures like Spaceship Earth, The Land or the Eiffel Tower or the high fireworks from Illuminations from those rooms or not. I know some rooms do overlook those landmarks, but I don't which category they are (standard or garden view)
Old 09-04-2012, 12:42 PM   #1529
DannysMom
DIS Veteran

I have been lurking around since we bought BCV points this summer. Guess I should add our spring trip to the Be Our Guest page.

We'll be at BCV from March 20-27. Yay!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards App please excuse any typos.
Old 09-04-2012, 12:44 PM   #1530
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaoscent View Post
Hi - Jim (DH), Flat Ben & i are staying in a 1 BR BCV. We are staying in room 336. It's close to the elevator and the quiet pool, which is normally pretty quiet. SAB didn't look that crowded when we walked past yesterday. The rrom is very much like the BWV, however the shower (at least in this room) is skinnier & very long. Actually big enough to shower with one or two friends if one were so inclined. We met Teena on Sunday & Monday. She is just as nice in person as she is on this thread. In fact, everyone has been super nice. The CM's in the Market Place were very nice also. I am a pin trader and the are very pin-trader friendly.
It was very crowded over the weekend, but last night Epcot was quite empty. The internet is spotty and somewhat inconsistent, but I got out all my emails late last night. I am typing on my acer which results in many typos. Hopefully I catch most of them. Jim loves the proximity to Epcot. we go out a gate and up/down the hill and we are there. I am off to DHS. I must tell you this is a very nice resort and as of today, i have no complaints. I will probably stay here again!!!!!!
Thanks for the live info and for all of the great pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiasmom View Post
Back home

We had a fantastic trip. Thanks to everyone here for all of your great info. I've stayed at the BC several times before but I learned many new things from you guys. Thanks especially to Dee and Teena!

I'll post a ton of photos on facebook in the next couple of days. I will share the link to the album here when it's complete.

Our next trip is in January. We'll be cruising on the Dream for 4 nights then spending a couple of days at DW probably at BLT. (if there is availability)

So excited that we become members of the DVC this trip!!

Amy
Thanks so much for all of your reports during the trip. Can't wait to see your photo link!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleigh1 View Post
Can someone tell me exactly where we can refill our refillable mugs? We'll be staying at YC during the week of Halloween (so HH will be closed). Thank you!

I'm working on making notes for the trip and since it's now September, I'm in overdrive!
Here is the current info from the FAQ on Page 1 (Post 12)- if anyone has any additions or corrections to this info, let me know.

Where can I purchase and refill a refillable mug?

Refillable Mugs may be purchased and filled at the Beach Club Marketplace (self-serve station), Beaches and Cream (CM assisted service, get into the ice cream takeout line), Hurricane Hanna's* (self-serve station) and the Ale and Compass Lounge** in the Yacht Club resort (coffee/tea self-service, juices and soda behind the bar).

* During the Hurricane Hanna's refurb, an additional refill station is located inside the arcade where the grab and go food is offered.

**Recent reports say that the Ale & Compass location is only available until 12 noon, when the lounge opens up as a bar.

Pixarmom provided pictures of the beverage dispensers at the Marketplace.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: