Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2012, 04:41 PM   #1501
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by footballmouse View Post
Yes you did!!!! Any other opinions to break this tie?
I really like the H20 products.

Here's a link to the soap, with reviews:
http://www.h2oplus.com/product/bath+...Sellers&page=1

TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
Old 09-03-2012, 04:42 PM   #1502
BLTtinkerbell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
30 days from right now, I'll be at Beach Club! So excited! I thought you guys might understand my excitement.
Woo hoo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by footballmouse View Post
Anyone have any opinion about the soap at the BC? I normally use face wash but since we're flying I don't want to pack more than I need. Is the soap they provide pretty good or not.
We use the soap provided at BC/BCV and really like it!

Dee: I love the Flat Ben pictures!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-03-2012, 04:53 PM   #1503
luvpoohandcompany
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarabel View Post
Hi there, we're staying at YC water view first two weeks of November.
I am a little anxious about us all: (me) (dh) (ds 14) (ds 10) and (dd 5) surviving happily in the one room for two weeks!

Wee'll obviously be using SAB and be spending the greater portion of our waking hours out of our room but with a two week vacation we'll be needing some down time too.

My question is this: what do you lovely people know about areas of the resort that we can use to escape the crowds but where we can get a little personal space from each other too. All ideas welcomed!
I too am from a family of 5 and know exactly what you mean I used the balcony in the mornings to read and sip coffee while the others slept. The solarium is good if you want to spread out a little-with plenty of seating. Sometimes we split up with some heading to SAB and others shopping in hotel shop or staying in room if they were feeling tired. Believe it or not I did the laundry on my own, early one morning with book and beverage/snacks in hand and I can honestly say I "almost" enjoyed it (if only I hadnt had to interrupt my alone time by actually checking on the laundry). There's lots of ways to split up at the resort without being too far away or gone for too long if you are just needing a little space. Lots of seats in lobby etc ideal for people watching I also used the lounge at club level for some quiet time with a newspaper and coffee while my youngest enjoyed snacks and cartoons but if you're not club level the wee tv in lobby shows cartoons that younger kids enjoy while you can sit nearby
Old 09-03-2012, 04:58 PM   #1504
Clarabel
Earning My Ears

Can anyone explain the situation with Ale and Compass and CS credit breakfast?
What exactly is included in a CS portion?

With HH being refurbed I'm struggling to 'spend' CS credits on DDP but I'm wondering if it will be a poor use of a credit as we could use refillable mugs plus a snack credit for breakfast here for about the same amount of food.

I've scouted all about but have really struggled to get any info on CS breakfast at A&C (or any other epcot resort hotel) so any additional knowledge would be valuable. Thanks
Old 09-03-2012, 05:59 PM   #1505
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Can anyone explain the situation with Ale and Compass and CS credit breakfast?
What exactly is included in a CS portion?

With HH being refurbed I'm struggling to 'spend' CS credits on DDP but I'm wondering if it will be a poor use of a credit as we could use refillable mugs plus a snack credit for breakfast here for about the same amount of food.

I've scouted all about but have really struggled to get any info on CS breakfast at A&C (or any other epcot resort hotel) so any additional knowledge would be valuable. Thanks
HH never had any items for breakfast. And there are actually more CS food options for lunch with HH closed ... I love the variety of items offered in the hotdog stand and inside the arcade. I hope they keep it inside the arcade even after HH reopens. Great selection!!!

I personally would never use a CS for breakfast. I'd use my snack credit for a muffin, use the CS for an early lunch (sandwich or entree, a side, a drink and a dessert) and then the table service for dinner.

The A&C has some items for breakfast but the Marketplace has a better selection in my opinion.
Old 09-03-2012, 06:08 PM   #1506
sndral
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi there, we're staying at YC water view first two weeks of November.
I am a little anxious about us all: (me) (dh) (ds 14) (ds 10) and (dd 5) surviving happily in the one room for two weeks!

Wee'll obviously be using SAB and be spending the greater portion of our waking hours out of our room but with a two week vacation we'll be needing some down time too.

My question is this: what do you lovely people know about areas of the resort that we can use to escape the crowds but where we can get a little personal space from each other too. All ideas welcomed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvpoohandcompany View Post
The solarium is good if you want to spread out a little-with plenty of seating.
I thought the Solarium was in the BC, which depending on where you are in the YC might be a bit of a hike.
Will the gym equipment be out of the Solarium by November?

There are benches along the lake. There are chairs on the walkway/porch to the left of the back entry as you exit towards the lake. There is the quiet pool at the Swolphin end of the YC and a nice little terrace off the hall beyond the gift store. The lobby is nice to chill in for awhile as is the small lounge adjacent to it. Across the way is the boardwalk, I spent an afternoon @ ESPN club watching my football team there last December. You are so close to Epcot, that I found myself strolling into France or England and just hanging there and people watching. Just riding the boat is also relaxing, as is a stroll to check out the nearby Swolphin. Or, if you're really bored, you could go hang by the bus stop and time the buses (just kidding!)
Old 09-03-2012, 07:04 PM   #1507
AnnR
Mouseketeer

OK, well I waited for my parents to decide now I am down to YC GV or BC lagoon view for about $300 more (total). BWV are the least expensive but I think I need to be closer to family (in BC). BCV about the same as YC garden. What should I do?

Old 09-03-2012, 07:14 PM   #1508
K&C
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
if you're really bored, you could go hang by the bus stop and time the buses (just kidding!)
Love this and need to add to the packing list

stop watch
hiking boots (its at least ??? miles to the marketplace to refill my mug)
hard hat for the construction at HH
neoprene suit with cape
kilt
a few tins of haggis - I'm sure customs won't let the fresh stuff in
(last 3 are for the chair hoggers at SAB)

Thank goodness British Airways have a decent luggage allowance.
Old 09-03-2012, 07:17 PM   #1509
Angel16
Member of the 'Jambo! WildBunch'
Mouseketeer

I imagine the answer is yes to this but....

It was reported a couple weeks back that all the washers in the laundry room had signs that they were out of service. Are they all repaired now? I will most certainly be doing laundry while we are there.

Three weeks from today Beach Club we are there!

Angel16
Old 09-03-2012, 07:20 PM   #1510
Princess on the Run
Sprinkling Pixie Dust!!!

We're staying in the Beach Club Villas 2/22-3/2

We've never stayed there before but when we were there in Feb this year and ate at Cape May Cafe, my kids were 12 kinds of ticked off that they didn't get to play on the pirate ship and probably bring it up every other week since then. I cannot WAIT to surprise them with our next trip and where we're staying!!

Old 09-03-2012, 07:37 PM   #1511
jwwi
DIS Veteran

Hi Teena!

Just back from 4 night stay at BCV, first stay at BC/YC resort. 8/30-9/3. Stayed in studio, 5th floor, view of epcot geosphere/land pavilion. The room was very comfortable and close to elevator. (but not noisy or too close) We left our pool noodles in the hall at 6am this morning when we left for the airport, hope someone found them with the note to "please take"

The weather was beautiful all weekend, we really got lucky.

Especially loved SAB, wow what a great pool. We did find chairs each day, arrived at opening on Saturday, so no problem. On Sunday we arrived closer to 12:00, and we were lucky to find two chairs close to lazy river section. It was hot both days, so we spent only a short period of time in the chairs. SAB was crowded, more so on Sunday, but we were there later in the afternoon on that day!

We stopped to visit with Teena on Sunday afternoon. It was good to see her again. My sister and I showed her a picture of the gingerbread house that we made last December. We had stopped to see the Christmas decorations at BC on our trip in November, and met Teena for the first time. She suggested we buy the kit to make the gingerbread house at home. It was a very reasonable price. We had fun, and laughs, putting it together. We also heard about her trip to Las Vegas, and of course told her how adorable Lily looked in all her pictures from the August BC trip. Hope to stay at BC again on a future trip.

The only restaurant where we ate at the BC/YC was B&C. The burger and No Way Jose were so good. Two kitchen sinks were served while we were there. It is always fun to see those being delivered to a table. Also picked up a strawberry cupcake and chocolate peanut butter cake from BW bakery. Both were excellent.

We went to see Wishes from the Top of the World lounge at BLT last night. We loved it! We arrived about 20 minutes prior to the show, showed our DVC notation on our room key to the DVC rep in the lobby of BLT, very simple.

I also have been ordering H2O products after falling in love with them at the resorts. I love the Spa line, but also enjoyed using the blue shampoo this past weekend.

Loved the pictures of the boat rental from BC marina, it sure looks like fun!

Let me know if you have any questions.

Last edited by jwwi; 09-04-2012 at 05:51 PM. Reason: error, saw Teena on Sunday!
Old 09-03-2012, 08:41 PM   #1512
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by footballmouse

Yes you did!!!! Any other opinions to break this tie?
I have sensitive skin and low maintenance hair. I was fine with the soaps and shower gel. The shampoo was useable but not great. The soaps and gel did not break me out or make me itch/sneeze. The shampoo and conditioner worked but did leave my hair a bit of a tangle. I did not use the lotion as scented lotion never agrees with me so I didn't even try. Hope that helps.

Old 09-03-2012, 08:43 PM   #1513
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwwi View Post
Hi Teena!

Just back from 4 night stay at BCV, first stay at BC/YC resort. 8/30-9/3. Stayed in studio, 5th floor, view of epcot geosphere/land pavilion. The room was very comfortable and close to elevator. (but not noisy or too close) We left our pool noodles in the hall at 6am this morning when we left for the airport, hope someone found them with the note to "please take"

The weather was beautiful all weekend, we really got lucky.

Especially loved SAB, wow what a great pool. We did find chairs each day, arrived at opening on Saturday, so no problem. On Sunday we arrived closer to 12:00, and we were lucky to find two chairs close to lazy river section. It was hot both days, so we spent only a short period of time in the chairs. SAB was crowded, more so on Sunday, but we were there later in the afternoon on that day!

We stopped to visit with Teena on Saturday afternoon. It was good to see her again. My sister and I showed her a picture of the gingerbread house that we made last December. We had stopped to see the Christmas decorations at BC on our trip in November, and met Teena for the first time. She suggested we buy the kit to make the gingerbread house at home. It was a very reasonable price. We had fun, and laughs, putting it together. We also heard about her trip to Las Vegas, and of course told her how adorable Lily looked in all her pictures from the August BC trip. Hope to stay at BC again on a future trip.

The only restaurant where we ate at the BC/YC was B&C. The burger and No Way Jose were so good. Two kitchen sinks were served while we were there. It is always fun to see those being delivered to a table. Also picked up a strawberry cupcake and chocolate peanut butter cake from BW bakery. Both were excellent.

We went to see Wishes from the Top of the World lounge at BLT last night. We loved it! We arrived about 20 minutes prior to the show, showed our DVC notation on our room key to the DVC rep in the lobby of BLT, very simple.

I also have been ordering H2O products after falling in love with them at the resorts. I love the Spa line, but also enjoyed using the blue shampoo this past weekend.

Loved the pictures of the boat rental from BC marina, it sure looks like fun!

Let me know if you have any questions.
It was wonderful catching up with you!!!!!!
Old 09-04-2012, 04:32 AM   #1514
Katesdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
I think I have read about the BC "secret door"...where is the YC one???
They really aren't secret but are seldom used. The ones I think of are in the gazebo part of the resort. The one I use is at the end of the resort that sits out close to the boat dock. If you are going to Epcot or the Boardwalk, you come out this door and you are on the main walkway around the lake. It is convenient to SAB as well so that you don't have to walk down to the lobby. With a GV room overlooking the gazebo, you will find this doorway very convenient. Happy planning!
Old 09-04-2012, 05:48 AM   #1515
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
I think I have read about the BC "secret door"...where is the YC one???

So, wedding gazebo view, huh? Sounds pretty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katesdad View Post
They really aren't secret but are seldom used. The ones I think of are in the gazebo part of the resort. The one I use is at the end of the resort that sits out close to the boat dock. If you are going to Epcot or the Boardwalk, you come out this door and you are on the main walkway around the lake. It is convenient to SAB as well so that you don't have to walk down to the lobby. With a GV room overlooking the gazebo, you will find this doorway very convenient. Happy planning!
I have someone who took pictures and will put together a post about the YC "secret exit/entrance" when she has a chance.

Here's my description. Go past the One-Eyed Witch, there is an underground tunnel that takes you to the basement of Zonkos joke shop. OOPS! Wrong Dark Side!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: