Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 09:12 AM   #136
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcadoo66 View Post
Dee~ I just took a picture of my fridge with a half gallon of milk in the door. I can email it to you if you would like.

Here's a room update......all was quiet!!! We still have connecting doors but it hasn't been a problem this time. You wouldn't even know someone was next door!!

Well today's plan is to spend the day at AK. Typical chance of rain for today so all should be good! I will check in later.

Have a great day!
I'm so glad to hear you had a "quieter" night last night.

If it is easy for you to email it to me, that would be great. If not, it can totally wait until you return.

beachclubdee@yahoo.com

Thanks so much!

Have fun at AK!!!
Old 08-07-2012, 09:30 AM   #137
kelleigh1
Disney Baby
I sleep with Pooh & Mickey
Kicked off the school bus

Note to self: when celebrating anniversary in YC room, BE QUIET!

Finally booked a flight home from Orlando yesterday for our Oct/Nov trip. Hubby wasn't happy about that because it means now we have to come home. I'm still not thrilled with the price, but when it went up again last week, I decided that as soon as it went down again, I was booking. I really wanted the last flight of the day back to Providence, so while that early flight was $110 (a dream price these days), I ended up with the last flight at $165. Now I'm just hoping for another price drop so I can rebook and take the credits. (I love Southwest for free bags and for the fact I can get credits if the price drops.) I actually had some credits left from our travels in June, so that was good. So keep your fingers crossed for another price drop so I can get some more credits!!

81 days!

Childless doesn't mean that we're not a family. MLA RLA

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-07-2012, 09:49 AM   #138
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
2 questions re: BC space...

1) will a gallon of milk fit in the fridge in a standard room?

2) will an iPad fit in the safe in the room?

Thanks!! You guys rock!! Only one month and a day left!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJay View Post
Yes! Two iPads fit comfortably together in the BC safe (though not much room for anything else...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcadoo66 View Post
Dee~ I just took a picture of my fridge with a half gallon of milk in the door. I can email it to you if you would like.

Here's a room update......all was quiet!!! We still have connecting doors but it hasn't been a problem this time. You wouldn't even know someone was next door!!

Well today's plan is to spend the day at AK. Typical chance of rain for today so all should be good! I will check in later.

Have a great day!
Here we go!!!

Thanks, cmcadoo66 for the on-the-spot picture of the fridge.

Hmmm.... so looking at the picture. Can two half-gallons fit in or just one?

From my files:

MsCoz2000 provided the photo of the safe.

Last edited by natebenma; 08-07-2012 at 10:16 AM.
Old 08-07-2012, 09:56 AM   #140
cmcadoo66
Mouseketeer

Glad I could help!

Upcoming: Fantasy 12/13
Previous trips: BCR 7/13, POR 4/13, AoA 02/13, POP 01/13, AoA 11/12, POP 10/12, POR 9/12, BCR 8/12, Magic Eastern 11/11, BCR 7/11, CBR 8/09, Pop 7/08, ASM 6/06, Pop 4/05, Pop 4/04
Old 08-07-2012, 09:59 AM   #141
footballmouse
DIS Veteran

I just looked thru some pictures of the resort & noticed the marketplace selections for grocery items (donuts, bread, etc). Wondering if it would be cheaper & easier to order things from the Garden Grocer, pack some poptarts & such in our luggage (we're flying) or just buy things from the Marketplace. We don't really want to waste a snack credit for a bagel or whatever for breakfast.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:09 AM   #142
barbliny
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleigh1 View Post
Note to self: when celebrating anniversary in YC room, BE QUIET!

Finally booked a flight home from Orlando yesterday for our Oct/Nov trip. Hubby wasn't happy about that because it means now we have to come home. I'm still not thrilled with the price, but when it went up again last week, I decided that as soon as it went down again, I was booking. I really wanted the last flight of the day back to Providence, so while that early flight was $110 (a dream price these days), I ended up with the last flight at $165. Now I'm just hoping for another price drop so I can rebook and take the credits. (I love Southwest for free bags and for the fact I can get credits if the price drops.) I actually had some credits left from our travels in June, so that was good. So keep your fingers crossed for another price drop so I can get some more credits!!

81 days!
Fingers crossed for you (it worked for me!)

My Southwest fares for next week (LI to TPA) dropped really low 10 weeks out and we wound up with a huge credit - they were true dream fares

For our 8/15 (1st of the day) and 8/22 (last of the day) nonstops - originally booked on May 9 for $152 each way at the best fare I had seen after looking for about a month - rebooked on June 5 for just $98 each way - I almost fell over having saved $432 for our family of 4

I always check on Tuesdays - everyday actually, but I never miss a Tuesday - this is usually the lowest fare day

Funny thing is even with this great deal - I still kept checking up until last week
Old 08-07-2012, 10:24 AM   #143
barbliny
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbliny View Post
I keep seeing mentions of Mickey Mail and I am now starting to panic ...

Is just for people with packages??? or using Magical Express?? (we are renting a car) We have a room only reservation and have not received anything since we booked it a few months ago

We check-in 8 days!!

Can someone ease my concerns??

(Of course I did just sign on to see my reservation smiling back at me with my balance due date of our arrival day)
Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
I don't know the answer to your question, but hopefully one of the experts here can help you out. What I do know is that Mickey Mail usually comes in two phases- one is the regular package/booking info. Magical Express luggage tags are sent separately.
I did some google searching - and came up with some verification - I was not surprisingly directed to multiple posts here on the disboards - I would quote them directly, but I don't know how to quote from another thread in this one. This is what I found ...

If you are using DME - you will receive DME Mickey mail containing your luggage tags
If you are booked on a package - you will receive Mickey mail packet
If you are booked on a package and using DME - you will receive both of the above
If you are booked room only - you will not receive Mickey mail packet
If you are booked room only and not using DME - Mickey is not wasting any postage on you

I fall into that last category
Old 08-07-2012, 10:40 AM   #144
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I did some google searching - and came up with some verification - I was not surprisingly directed to multiple posts here on the disboards - I would quote them directly, but I don't know how to quote from another thread in this one. This is what I found ...

If you are using DME - you will receive DME Mickey mail containing your luggage tags
If you are booked on a package and using DME - you will receive both of the above
If you are booked room only and not using DME - Mickey is not wasting any postage on you

Sounds like no mail...
But since you mentioned you arrive in 8 days, here are some happy dancers to celebrate your trips almost here!

TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
Old 08-07-2012, 10:44 AM   #145
KJay
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks- great info! And about Mickey not wasting any postage on you! That's too bad- everyone deserves a fun surprise in their mailbox!
Old 08-07-2012, 10:48 AM   #146
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma
They're Here!!!
And I see Duffy made the trip too!
Old 08-07-2012, 10:57 AM   #147
gwynne
DIS Veteran

I was reading a current live trip report that mentions a lot of chair saving
at SAB. What is the usual way the BC/YC deals with this?
I would love to spend time at SAB on our upcoming visit, but I'm not going to get into a chair battle with staunch chair savers.
Any experiences, thoughts on how to deal with this?
Are the quiet pools nice?

TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
Old 08-07-2012, 10:58 AM   #148
CT Disney
Mouseketeer

Hi Everyone! This is my very first post!!! I've been to Disney many times and am a long-time lurker of the disboards. We live in CT and my husband is a CM. Since we don't live in FL we feel more like visitors than CMs when we visit the parks.

April 2013 we are planning to take our kids to the BC. My husband and I stayed YC CL for our 15th anniversary, but figured the kids would enjoy the BC atmosphere more. We are currently booked BC CL GV.

Funny...when we stayed YC CL our only request was "celebrating 15th anniversary - pleasant view". The first room they put us in had a view of the CM entrance and dumpsters. We half laughed, half cried! After much negotiation on my husband's part they moved us to a room with a lovely view.

So, being a bit more cautious this time around we've booked GV. I did catch up on this thread and this is what I've learned: There are only a few BC CL GV rooms. At least one is handicapped accessible which I don't think would work for us. At least 4 rooms are connecting which may lead to noise from other rooms. They are smaller than YC CL rooms due to dormers. But, they all have a fully balcony which is important to us.

So, what do you think? Will we find a nice BC CL GV? Or will our chances for a nice room be better with YC CL GV?

Yikes!!! Analysis Paralysis!!

Old 08-07-2012, 11:04 AM   #149
scottmel
Does my logic in my original question make sense
I need to see it in a new light I guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Disney View Post
Hi Everyone! This is my very first post!!! I've been to Disney many times and am a long-time lurker of the disboards. We live in CT and my husband is a CM. Since we don't live in FL we feel more like visitors than CMs when we visit the parks.

April 2013 we are planning to take our kids to the BC. My husband and I stayed YC CL for our 15th anniversary, but figured the kids would enjoy the BC atmosphere more. We are currently booked BC CL GV.

Funny...when we stayed YC CL our only request was "celebrating 15th anniversary - pleasant view". The first room they put us in had a view of the CM entrance and dumpsters. We half laughed, half cried! After much negotiation on my husband's part they moved us to a room with a lovely view.

So, being a bit more cautious this time around we've booked GV. I did catch up on this thread and this is what I've learned: There are only a few BC CL GV rooms. At least one is handicapped accessible which I don't think would work for us. At least 4 rooms are connecting which may lead to noise from other rooms. They are smaller than YC CL rooms due to dormers. But, they all have a fully balcony which is important to us.

So, what do you think? Will we find a nice BC CL GV? Or will our chances for a nice room be better with YC CL GV?

Yikes!!! Analysis Paralysis!!
Well I am the original poster of the detailed analysis of the handicap rooms. I am disappointed iwth the number of rooms both YC and BC have set aside for GV. Sadly most are SV or water view. I wouldn't stay BC CL GV again personally simply b/c of this room assignment of all connecting doors. But I wouldn't pay water view rate and SV is well you saw! So that leads me back to YC CL GV for me. If I am staying CL. That being said I JUST booked BC GV for my family this summer (YC not available) but I love BC but not the CL set up. My DD13 loved YC and with the full balcony and room assignment, the CL GV rooms face the wedding gazebo and lagoon side view, except for 1. Honestly I would do YC CL GV over BC CL GV.

Old 08-07-2012, 11:08 AM   #150
janinev7
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
I was reading a current live trip report that mentions a lot of chair saving
at SAB. What is the usual way the BC/YC deals with this?
I would love to spend time at SAB on our upcoming visit, but I'm not going to get into a chair battle with staunch chair savers.
Any experiences, thoughts on how to deal with this?
Are the quiet pools nice?
Ugh I know, I hope the chairs savers stay away from storm along bay in October! My husbands hates crowded places...and I've been telling him everything I've read here about the pool being so huge that it doesn't feel crowded. But, if all the chairs are taken it will make it feel crowded...even if nobody is in them lol.
someone should put up a sign that says "chair savers are not welcome here"

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: