DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2012, 10:31 PM   #16
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieB View Post
Do you have a reservation for the Hilton? I have Hilton points too but expect that they may not have any rooms open for awards.
I have one now and had no problem getting it on points at one year out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatMcDuck View Post
We walked from the DL hotel with no issues.
That's funny, it's all in the person making the journey. We rode our scooters from the Hilton to DTD last year for dinner the first night, and thought, "Wow! If we had to go this far back to our hotel room, we'd barely make it!"
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 12:29 AM   #17
lulubelle
I am Miss Klutz Woman
We could seriously have a Pirate Party in there!
As far as pants go, we were not allowed to wear them

Last time I was with a group of about 10 and we stayed at Candy Cane Inn.
I remember seeing the people stroll in and out of the Hilton and told myself...next time I am staying THERE! Needless to say, yesterday I booked a 2Q Disney View room at the advance pre-paid price of $175/night. I think the villas are too far to walk. My poor feet and legs were very tired after a 12+ hour day at the Expo. I use my VGC points for park days.

Alison, we should plan on a mini-meet in the lobby again - it was fun. We have 11 months to do it!

DH~You will forever be in my heart
lulubelle is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-14-2012, 01:02 AM   #18
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulubelle View Post
Last time I was with a group of about 10 and we stayed at Candy Cane Inn.
I remember seeing the people stroll in and out of the Hilton and told myself...next time I am staying THERE! Needless to say, yesterday I booked a 2Q Disney View room at the advance pre-paid price of $175/night. I think the villas are too far to walk. My poor feet and legs were very tired after a 12+ hour day at the Expo. I use my VGC points for park days.

Alison, we should plan on a mini-meet in the lobby again - it was fun. We have 11 months to do it!
DEFINITELY! It was fun last time, we'll have to see what they have planned for the Sorcerers this time. I think there was mention of a show floor tour, but not sure what else. Bret is going to be there again as well as tinkcollector, Marci I think. We saw her at Destination D.

We've been struggling with some serious health issues in the last year and hope they are behind us in the next few weeks so that we get back to enjoying our trios and D23 events. So far we've canceled three WDW vacations in 13 months. Hoping to take the rebooking in January. Plus the Wonder cruise is paid for and non refundable, though we did take out insurance.

I'm hoping maybe a few folks would like to get together, even if it's smaller than last time, it was nice to meet you and your daughter and finally put a face to a name. I still confuse you with toocherie even though I know who you are. As soon as I see the pic in your sig I'm unconfused, but if you take that out I'll be lost!
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:21 PM   #19
VA_mouseman
"Marching Along, We're Adventurers!"

What are the odds I'll be able to get a studio at VGC for a few nights following D23? I want to to attend the expo, and I'm considering all hotel options. The likely choice is a hotel next to the convention center, but I'd like to stay at VGC if possible. I'm betting that it's fully booked for the three nights of the expo, but what about afterwards? I'll happily switch hotels if the VGC is available. I hope to spend a few extra days in Anaheim to see DL/DCA.

I can't call until the 7 month mark, so for now it's an academic question.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:17 PM   #20
LovinmyDisneylife
Mouseketeer

DH and I booked a studio at VGC for 8/5-8/12. We've stayed at Grand Californian for both expos. In 2009 we used the transportation from the resort which was very convenient. Last year we walked to and from the convention center. It was about a 20 minute walk each way but thankfully we had no problems.

D23 Day One Charter Member2002-All Star Music, 2004-All Star Sports, 2006-Honeymoon at Pop Century, 2007-All Star Movies, Feb 2009-AKL (joined DVC), May 2009-SSR, June 2009-Disneyland Hotel, July 2009-Pop Century, Sept 2009-Grand Californian for D23 Expo, Oct 2009-SSR, Jan 2010-AKV-Kidani, May 2010-AKV-Kidani, August 2010-Disney Wonder Cruise, Sept 2010-AKV-Kidani, Oct 2010-Caribbean Beach for D23 Sip & Stroll, Dec 2010-Disney Wonder Cruise, May/June 2011-BWV/AKV-Kidani, July 2011-SSR, August 2011-VGC for D23 Expo, Oct 2011-VWL, Oct 2011-Disney Dream Cruise, Dec 2011-Pop Century for D23 Magic & Merriment, March 2012-AKV-Kidani, May/June 2012-AKV-Jambo/BCV, July 2012-Disney Fantasy Cruise, Oct/Nov 2012-AKV-Jambo, Dec 2012-Disney Dream Cruise, Jan 2013-AKV-Kidani, May/June 2013-BLT, Aug 2013-VGC for D23 Expo, Oct 2013-VGF, Dec 2013-BLT, Jan 2014-Disney Magic Cruise, March 2014-Disney Magic Cruise.
LovinmyDisneylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 02:26 PM   #21
karrit2000
DIS Veteran

Last year I didn't call in time & ended up staying at VGC both before & after the Expo but had to move to DL hotel during the Expo as those nights were all booked. Last time I checked there was no availability at VGC Thursday through Sunday nights in a studio but anything before or after those nights was still available. Fortunately I planned ahead this year and have my room booked already for next year. I just have to decide if I want to stay longer after Expo instead of before.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: