Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2012, 12:49 PM   #1
sheboz
Mouseketeer

Question Best Marriott property for 120 000-150 000 pts WDW

Looking for some input please. We have Marriott points and want to stay around WDW either hotel or marriott vacation club if our points will reach that far. Which property is best and why?
We are looking for a property that has a mini fridge and a really really great pool. We are not park commando's my son has disabilities and we do spend most nights, swimming and hanging out outside WDW relaxing. We are looking for a hotel that is more than just a room to sleep in.
Also, if you could please include the name of your favourite restaurant around the hotel. TIA

We plan on going to Florida in early March.
sheboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 09:21 AM   #2
mamaminnie
DIS Veteran

You should be able to get the Marriott World Center for that amount of points.

Just be sure to ask for a renovated room in the tower, some of the rooms in the outer buildings are badly in need of renovation.

The pool is huge, there's also an indoor pool (rare in FL).

As for a restaurant, there's a fun hibachi-style restaurant and a steak house and an italian restaurant in the hotel itself.

HTH
3/96 Contemporary, 12/99-1/00 Dixie Landings (Best New Year's Ever), [/COLOR]3/01 All Star Movies, 12/02 Disneyland Hotel, 5/03 Contemporary, 9/04 Portofino Bay, 6/05 Contemporary, 9/05 POP, 10/05 POFQ, 11/05 POFQ, 1/06 POP-- EE Preview Weekend ,3/06 Coronado Springs,5/06 POP, 9/06 Animal Kingdom Lodge, 10/06 Coronado Springs, 3/07 POP 5/07 ASMusic, 8/07 Beach Club,5/08 JW Marriott Grande Lakes & US/IOA 8/08 JW Marriott & Portofino Bay, 10/08 Royal Pacific Resort, 1/09 Country Inn & Suites, 3/09 Royal Pacific Resort, 5/09 Hard Rock Hotel, 8/09 Nick Hotel, 10/09 JW Marriott Resort & Spa12/09 Rosen Shingle Creek5/10 Beach Club11/10 Marriott World Center,6/11 Hilton Bonnet Creek,MNSSHP & HHN21 Hard Rock Hotel
mamaminnie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-05-2012, 10:03 AM   #3
sheboz
Mouseketeer

Do they still charge for parking and WIFI?
Old 08-05-2012, 01:10 PM   #4
swilshire
DIS Veteran

If you're at least a Gold Elite member of Marriott Rewards, they should waive the wifi charge. They will usually bring you a mini-fridge at no charge as well.

If you don't all sleep on the same schedule, a Residence Inn with separate bedrooms might be more convenient.

Sheila
swilshire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 01:12 PM   #5
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaminnie View Post
You should be able to get the Marriott World Center for that amount of points.

Just be sure to ask for a renovated room in the tower, some of the rooms in the outer buildings are badly in need of renovation.

The pool is huge, there's also an indoor pool (rare in FL).

As for a restaurant, there's a fun hibachi-style restaurant and a steak house and an italian restaurant in the hotel itself.

HTH
And I would avoid it like the plague! Place is really not user friendly and has very few redeeming qualities. They have fridges in some room but based on the service RUN!

Not to mention parking is a PIA and with a child with disabilities it's probably going to be worse then I thought it was LOL! They charge for it too (and yes they also charge for WiFi) NOt to mention that is'a convention hotel and if the convention wants to have a "party" they will close big sections of the pool

(And I am a Marriott elite so I generally like the chain)

If you want a full service I think the Rennisance Sea World is in your price range. Gets good reviews and it's really not to far from Disney
However, if you could indicate how long you wanted to stay that might help.

I did a quick check for the first week in March and found the following that might be better choices

Marriott Harbour Lakes is 175,000 for a week, but you could pay for a night or two.
I think Marriott Cypres Harbour is right around 150,000 for a week if they have anything the week you want to go
Both of these are timeshares and sometimes only have 2 bedrooms left.

If I was to use rewards/points and didn't want to go up to the 200K range (JW or Ritz) I would stick with a hotel in the Marriott Village. Courtyard is the most upscale, but no free breakfast.

The Ritz and JW are by far your nicest option with great pool options, but they are more points and like the Marriot charge for parking and internet. (Genearlly the full service hotels charge, the others don't.. the more you pay, the more interent costs!)
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 11:41 PM   #6
sheboz
Mouseketeer

Thank you for your responses. We will be staying seven nights as it takes a full day for my son to recover from the travel.
My concern with staying in the Sea World area is the traffic, we will be going during March break which is a very busy time of year. Would anyone know the length of drive time(we will have a rental) to get to WDW from the Sea World area?
The Marriott Village looks like a good location, you can get to Disney very easily. I will have to look into the properties you have suggested. Thanks again.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:54 AM   #7
BadgerGirl84
I think my biggest pet peeve is when a weird toe pops out the side

I really, really, really love the Residence Inn in Lake Buena Vista.

Nice suite rooms, nice pool (nothing fancy, but nice) and great hot breakfast each morning. They also have free light dinners/apps in the evenings M-Th.

I have stayed there three times and I really love it there.

BadgerGirl84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:55 AM   #8
BadgerGirl84
I think my biggest pet peeve is when a weird toe pops out the side

If you are looking at Marriott Village, I have stayed at the Fairfield Inn there. The room was not as nice as the Residence Inn but the pool area was really nice. The breakfast at the Fairfield was not very good as it's more of a continenatal breakfast and not a hot breakfast.

I've had the breakfast buffet at the Courtyard in the Marriott Village and that was AWESOME. but not free

BadgerGirl84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 03:21 PM   #9
sheboz
Mouseketeer

Thanks for your response, do all of these hotels have small fridges? We mostly eat yogurt and fruit for breakfast. I am certainly leaning towards the Marriott Villages.
Old 08-07-2012, 08:09 PM   #10
dis-happy
DIS Veteran

Points are no object for us either (lifetime elite) and I also highly recommend the Res Inn LBV if you don't go the TS route. We've stayed at all the Marriotts there and it's come to the point that I now only book that Res Inn. Rooms have either K or Q beds (many of the others incl FF and SHS only have doubles). Mattresses are comfy. Pool is decent ( waterfall plus hot tub). Free breakfast is the best of all, even compared to the other Res Inn by Sea World. Full kitchen and big fridge, bathrooms with drawers, it's all very pleasant and a quiet hotel ingeneral. You should be able to snag at least a 1 b/r on points. Also easy access to parks if you go in the back way (don't turn left, go straight and take Vista). The other direction on Palm takes you to Walmart or Seaworld.
dis-happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 11:01 PM   #11
sheboz
Mouseketeer

Thank you for your help. We reviewed the map and I believe this is what we are looking for.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:46 AM   #12
kerri124
Earning My Ears

If you are still considering Marriott World Center please note that the big pool is closed for renovations until November 30th.
kerri124 is offline   Reply With Quote