Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2012, 05:58 PM   #16
DivineMissM
Earning My Ears

We are going to the world for our honeymoon too! Less than 2 months away for us, I can't wait!!!!!

Dreaming of Disney
Old 08-04-2012, 06:56 PM   #17
jc040404
DIS Veteran

Your “bachelorette party” looks like so much fun! That race must've been a something, too! Your JP story made me laugh. Mary Margaret?? Okay then.. Ours' made himself memorable by repeatedly getting lost on the way to us! I think I would've preferred he call me Mary. Fun/odd memory for you anyway! I hope he gets it right during the ceremony!!

Loving this! Mystic looks really pretty, btw. (Even with an itchy friend in your shot! ) I know I've heard John talk about it a time or two, but I can't remember why..

I can't wait to see the wedding!!
Register to remove

Old 08-04-2012, 07:30 PM   #18
Plum85
Mouseketeer

Joining in!
Old 08-04-2012, 10:26 PM   #19
dara00
DIS Veteran

I'm in and can't wait to read more!

First Disney Trip 4/1992 ~ 7th Grade with parents and brother ~ MK, Epcot, MGM / 4/1994 ~ 9th grade with parents and brother ~ MK, Epcot, MGM / 3/1998 ~ College Spring Break with then bf now dh ~ MK, Epcot, MGM / 8/2006 with dh and 17 mos dd ~ DLR / 3/2007 with dh and 23 mos dd ~ AK / 12/2007 with dh, 2.5 yr dd and 6 mos ds ~ MK & Epcot / 5/2009 with dh, 4 yr dd, and 2 yr ds ~ DLR & CA /1/2012 with dh, 6 yr dd, 4 yr ds, and 17 mos ds ~ MK & DHS / 11/2012 for my birthday and Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon with dh ~ Marathon & Epcot / 6/2013 with dh, 8 yr old dd, 6 yr old ds, 2.5 yr old ds ~ all!

Old 08-04-2012, 11:21 PM   #20
DanniDeer
adventure is out there!

OHHHH! Subbing! wedding and disney moon TRs get me. I'm so in!

I'm doing the Color Run 5K in December in Orlando!

Johnny & Danni

Old 08-05-2012, 11:40 AM   #21
CAStevens218
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineMissM View Post
We are going to the world for our honeymoon too! Less than 2 months away for us, I can't wait!!!!!
Only 2 months away, so exciting!!!! It will go by sooo fast! Everyone says that, but it honestly, truly does!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc040404 View Post
Your “bachelorette party” looks like so much fun! That race must've been a something, too! Your JP story made me laugh. Mary Margaret?? Okay then.. Ours' made himself memorable by repeatedly getting lost on the way to us! I think I would've preferred he call me Mary. Fun/odd memory for you anyway! I hope he gets it right during the ceremony!!

Loving this! Mystic looks really pretty, btw. (Even with an itchy friend in your shot! ) I know I've heard John talk about it a time or two, but I can't remember why..

I can't wait to see the wedding!!
Oh man, at least my guy was on time! I think his wife is the one in charge of that marriage though…I don’t think he had anything to do with getting himself there! It must have been so frustrating waiting for your guy to get there! It will definitely be a story to tell for years to come!

Mystic is great, we love going down there just to walk around. There are some great restaurants too! I always forget that John is originally from CT! And my friend would kill for me that one! I thought I edited it before I uploaded to photobucket, but I guess I didn’t save it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plum85 View Post
Joining in!
Yayy, thanks for reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dara00 View Post
I'm in and can't wait to read more!
Thanks for reading along again!!

How is your half marathon training going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanniDeer View Post
OHHHH! Subbing! wedding and disney moon TRs get me. I'm so in!

I'm doing the Color Run 5K in December in Orlando!
Thanks for joining in!

You will have a GREAT time at the Color Run! We loved it!

November 1997 All Star Sports * January 2009 Pop Century * December 2010 All Star Music * January 2012 Pop Century * July/August 2012 Port Orleans Riverside/Beach Club * February/March 2013 All Star Sports/Art of Animation

Are You Sure That Snow is Fake? December 2010 Trip Report
We Are Flying 1000 Miles to Run 13?!? January 2012 Trip Report
This Relaxation Thing Looks GOOD On Us!! July/August 2012 Honeymoon Trip Report
I'm Just SO HAPPY To Be Here!!! February/March 2013 Trip Report - IN PROGRESS!
Old 08-05-2012, 12:56 PM   #22
CAStevens218
DIS Veteran

We woke up Sunday morning with intentions to hit the gym at the hotel, but we ended up laying in bed for a couple hours just chatting and relaxing! It was a really nice way to start out the day.

We finally dragged ourselves out of bed and packed up all of our stuff. We headed out to pamper ourselves in preparation for the wedding. It was manicure and pedicure time! We enjoyed relaxing and chatting some more while we got our nails done. It was great to just spend some relaxing time with my friends on my wedding day rather than being stressed out!!

After our pampering we grabbed lunch at one of our favorite places in Mystic. It is called the Pita Spot, and if you are ever in the area I highly recommend it! It is a Mediterranean restaurant and they have great kabobs and wraps. Yum!!

After lunch it was time to get to work! We checked into our next hotel right on the river in downtown Mystic. It is called the Whalers Inn, and people tend to have heard of it because the Kardashians stayed there and it was on their show! Such a sad reason to be known, but there you go.

The room was beautiful and HUGE, with plenty of room for everyone to get ready. We had two missions to start with…put the centerpieces together and get our hair done. A friend from high school who is now a hair dresser was nice enough to come to the hotel to do everyone’s hair!

Since the wedding was at the aquarium, our décor was inspired by sea glass. The centerpieces were cylinder vases with sea glass in the bottom covering up a submersible LED light. We then put baby’s breath in the vases and submerged them completely in water. It looked fabulous in the darkness inside the aquarium! You will see them in pictures later in the update!

While we put the centerpieces together, we took turns getting our hair done. I love getting my hair done but I hate going to the salon and having to chat with a hairdresser I don’t know, so it was great to have a friend do it!!

Before we knew it, it was time to put our dresses on!!

My dad and brother met us at the hotel and we all made the short drive to the Mystic Aquarium, where the ceremony and reception were being held. We parked in the back and brought in all the decorations. The coordinator met us and we explained how we wanted everything set up.

Then, they whisked us into one of the classrooms to wait so nobody would see us.
Here we are waiting!

My dad, my brother and I:

We got to walk past these guys on our way to the ceremony!

Almost time to walk down the aisle!

We spent the time goofing around, haha!

I don’t have my professional photos yet, so we will have to piece this together with the pictures that my family and friends took!

Here is my wedding party walking down the aisle:

My dad and I:

And now….the big reveal….how freaking awesome was my ceremony!?!??!

That whale hung out by the glass the ENTIRE time! He is very young and very curious, so he likes to check out what is going on!

AMAZING!!

Although I hear he pooped right before we walked down the aisle. I’m just glad he got it out of the way before the ceremony!!

After the ceremony, the wedding party went to take pictures while everyone else enjoyed the cocktail hour! They brought us a plate and they were delicious!! We were able to take pictures all around the aquarium, including near the penguins and, of course, with my friend Juno the whale!!!

Then, it was time to start the fun! We did a receiving line and then headed in for dinner.

The DJ announced us (said Shrina’s name wrong, of course), and then we did our first dance.

Next, it was dinner time and oh boy, the food was GOOD! I was a little too excited to eat much, but what I had was great!!!

We spent the rest of the evening mingling and having fun with our family and friends.

Here are a few of my favorite pictures from the rest of the night.

We had a fabulous evening of good family and friends, good food and a fantastic venue!!!

Everyone tells you how fast it goes by but, seriously, it goes by SO SO SOOO fast!!!!!

Before we knew it, the lights were being turned on and we were saying bye to everyone!

We were exhausted and happy and relieved all at the same time!

We didn’t have any time to rest though…we were off to Disney World at 10:45AM the next day!!

November 1997 All Star Sports * January 2009 Pop Century * December 2010 All Star Music * January 2012 Pop Century * July/August 2012 Port Orleans Riverside/Beach Club * February/March 2013 All Star Sports/Art of Animation

Old 08-05-2012, 01:11 PM   #23
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
It was a popular place after partying on Saturday nights

Love the whale in your pics! How special and unique...your dress is beautiful and love the decorations.

Jill in CO
Old 08-05-2012, 10:30 PM   #24
CAStevens218
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Love the whale in your pics! How special and unique...your dress is beautiful and love the decorations.

Jill in CO
Thanks! I was soo hoping the whale would do that, but there is no guarantee, so I was very happy that it worked out perfectly!

Old 08-05-2012, 10:49 PM   #25
jc040404
DIS Veteran

Yay! You're working fast on this one!! I've been so excited to see these wedding pictures and it looks even better than I imagined!! Your dress is gorgeous, the cake is awesome, and those centerpieces are just nifty. Love em! The whale during the ceremony is incredible! He's so cute! I LOVE how he's watching everything. How perfect!! Glad he got his business taken care of early. Congrats again!!
Old 08-06-2012, 04:13 PM   #26
CAStevens218
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc040404 View Post
Yay! You're working fast on this one!! I've been so excited to see these wedding pictures and it looks even better than I imagined!! Your dress is gorgeous, the cake is awesome, and those centerpieces are just nifty. Love em! The whale during the ceremony is incredible! He's so cute! I LOVE how he's watching everything. How perfect!! Glad he got his business taken care of early. Congrats again!!
Yes, I had the weekend off before going back to work today, so I decided to get a couple of updates in while I had the time!

Thanks for the compliments on the wedding, it all worked out just as I imagined!

The whale was amazing! He just watched the whole thing like he knew what was going on!! It was exactly what I hoped for!!!!!!!!

Old 08-06-2012, 09:42 PM   #27
sweetcanadian
Mouseketeer

[B][FONT="Arial Black"][COLOR="blue"]CONGRATS! 15 days will go by like a flash! Have you had your wedding yet?

Yes, June 30th. It was amazing too.

I love your pics & your flowers look amazing. Getting married in an aquarium is nothing anyone will forget any time soon i am sure.
Old 08-07-2012, 09:03 PM   #28
CAStevens218
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetcanadian View Post
[B][FONT="Arial Black"][COLOR="blue"]CONGRATS! 15 days will go by like a flash! Have you had your wedding yet?

Yes, June 30th. It was amazing too.

I love your pics & your flowers look amazing. Getting married in an aquarium is nothing anyone will forget any time soon i am sure.
I'm glad you had an amazing wedding as well!

Thanks for the compliments! The aquarium was definitely a unique venue!!

Old 08-07-2012, 09:17 PM   #29
Bewitch324
DIS Veteran

Oh my goodness, those pictures of your ceremony with the whale watching are so cool!!

I love your dress and your bridesmaid dresses!

I can't wait to read all about your honeymoon!

Congratulations!

Brooke
Old 08-08-2012, 12:34 PM   #30
CAStevens218
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bewitch324 View Post
Oh my goodness, those pictures of your ceremony with the whale watching are so cool!!

I love your dress and your bridesmaid dresses!

I can't wait to read all about your honeymoon!

Congratulations!

Brooke

Thanks for the compliments, the wedding went off just as I imagined! That whale certainly did his job, I should have tipped him!

Hopefully I will be able to get started on the honeymoon tonight!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: