Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-01-2012, 01:29 PM   #31
mad madam mim78
DIS Veteran

If people told us these things......would we listen?
mad madam mim78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 03:02 PM   #32
Peanut Giggleface
Embarrassing my children... just another service I provide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad madam mim78 View Post
If people told us these things......would we listen?
Exactly!! I can't speak for anyone else, but when I was young I knew EVERYTHING!! You couldn't tell me anything without an automated response like ... "Oh yeah, I know."

I'm sure people tried to tell me stuff I would need to know...went in one ear and out the other.
Peanut Giggleface is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-01-2012, 03:24 PM   #33
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by powellrj View Post
That having kids when you are older is harder than it is when you are younger.
Shoot, I was going to say the opposite. I was worried in my 40's and it turned out great. Much easier when you are settled in a career.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 06:10 PM   #34
Sgt Mickey
I will always remember where I was that day
I am defiantly going to attempt as many as I can
I thought I had never up there but I think I erased it and my brain went somewhere else

Quote:
Originally Posted by low-key View Post
that "relaxed fit" jeans means big butt, I was buying for years, cause i wanted to be "relaxed" and I have no butt, so I went a decade looking like I pooped my pants
Sgt Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 06:13 PM   #35
Sgt Mickey
I will always remember where I was that day
I am defiantly going to attempt as many as I can
I thought I had never up there but I think I erased it and my brain went somewhere else

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin1700 View Post
We certainly don't "get it"!

PM me if you need a buddy!
What is that phrase fake it till you make it

Smile and pretend your preteen doesn't drive you as crazy at what she does.
Sgt Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 07:10 PM   #36
StephMK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut Giggleface View Post
Exactly!! I can't speak for anyone else, but when I was young I knew EVERYTHING!! You couldn't tell me anything without an automated response like ... "Oh yeah, I know."

I'm sure people tried to tell me stuff I would need to know...went in one ear and out the other.
LOL, DD18 did that to me a lot this summer! I finally told her, "look, don't ask me questions if you're just going to reply, I know. Obviously, you don't or you wouldn't have asked me!" I'm not sure she truly realized she kept doing it.
Old 09-01-2012, 07:57 PM   #37
goofinoff
These pretzels are making me thirsty!
I feel like we are in the middle of A Very Brady Idol

I wish someone would have told me that no matter what you say on the Dis, you're bound to offend somebody! (Sorry if my wink offended anyone....I didn't mean anything by it than to just be cute!)
Old 09-01-2012, 08:50 PM   #38
Lilliputian
DIS Veteran

I wish somebody had told me to watch where I was walking when I knew we had a lizard problem in our house. Or to at least wear shoes. Or that geckos explode and die when you step on them barefoot.

Regarding whether we'd listen to advice, I read this fabulous quote by Mark Twain just the other day:
“When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished by how much he'd learned in seven years.”
Lilliputian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 09:29 PM   #39
tinkerbellandeeyor
DIS Veteran

What a troll was before I started acting like one
Old 09-01-2012, 09:43 PM   #40
Pretty Poly
Relaxing with a mai tai

That someone had sat me down and told me how much student loans really SUCK, and how much the end up costing. It was just, sign this promissory note, initial there, put your pin here. It was way too easy to get tens of thousands of dollars that they wanted me to start paying back 6 months after graduation when the economy decided to tank. Oh, so you want me to pay $400/month towards those loans when I make less than $9? No problem. That's not the same that I pay in rent or anything. Seriously - I would have tried WAY harder to get scholarships, taken those AP classes I was offered in high school, and gone to community college at least for the first 2 years.

I also wish someone would have told me that it wasn't a contest to who could get into the cooler or more prestigious university. Right when I was feeling bad about attending a state school, almost all of those bright-eyed kids who went off to the ivy league were either kicked out or couldn't handle it and dropped out. At least I have a degree (that I don't use..) to show for it?
Pretty Poly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 10:42 PM   #41
KristaTX
♥DIS Veteran♥
I never knew that Fruit of the Looms were souvenirs from my state

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilliputian
I wish somebody had told me to watch where I was walking when I knew we had a lizard problem in our house. Or to at least wear shoes. Or that geckos explode and die when you step on them barefoot.”
AND when you accidentally close them in the door at night, which I just did . Had to flush the little guy.
Old 09-02-2012, 08:07 AM   #42
Lilliputian
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristaTX View Post
AND when you accidentally close them in the door at night, which I just did . Had to flush the little guy.
I haven't done it with the house door, but I closed one in the mailbox door a few days ago. I guess I was reading the mail instead of watching what I was doing. I live in Denton, so it was probably the same kind you're dealing with.
Lilliputian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 08:18 AM   #43
teacup princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilliputian View Post
I wish somebody had told me to watch where I was walking when I knew we had a lizard problem in our house. Or to at least wear shoes. Or that geckos explode and die when you step on them barefoot.”
Quote:
OMG. Where do you people live? I thought our fly infestation here in the Midwest was bad.

Anyway.....I wish someone would have told me that my IL's were nutty. Why didn't I get the pre-wedding memo?
teacup princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 12:13 PM   #44
Andtototoo
DIS Veteran

I wish someone had told me that little "quirky" habits can, 30 years later, make you want to hurt a person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwmom0f3 View Post
...... That mammograms are really not that bad. I put it off for three years but finally went yesterday. Now I have no idea why I was so scared.

If someone you know has not been for one, tell them to go. It was over in less than five minutes, and it could save a life.
Please do not make the mistake of generalizing from your experience. Everyone told me that mammograms are no big deal and that's what I was expecting. It certainly didn't take 5 minutes and it created problems. It took 40 minutes and I ended up with bruises and ripped skin and pain lingering for a week or two later that makes wearing a bra or just...standing painful. Yes, they can save a life, but they're not necessarily 5 minutes and they're not necessarily painless or without negative consequences.
Andtototoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 07:46 PM   #45
Cantw8
This is blasphemy. You all need to zip it now
..I'm scared..hold me...
You can run..
I think her signiture makes her butt look big
I do have a life ya know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andtototoo View Post
I wish someone had told me that little "quirky" habits can, 30 years later, make you want to hurt a person.

Please do not make the mistake of generalizing from your experience. Everyone told me that mammograms are no big deal and that's what I was expecting. It certainly didn't take 5 minutes and it created problems. It took 40 minutes and I ended up with bruises and ripped skin and pain lingering for a week or two later that makes wearing a bra or just...standing painful. Yes, they can save a life, but they're not necessarily 5 minutes and they're not necessarily painless or without negative consequences.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: