Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 06:54 PM   #1
SunDial
Where Are The Umbrella Hats

Where In The Land #1

To the Inaugural Where in The Land #1

This is going to be Disneyland's version of the Where in the World thread that is running in the photography section for Disney World.

This is a simple game in which you take any photo that you have taken and crop a small piece of that photo out. Then you use photobucket, flickr or any image hosting site you use and place it in Where in the Land thread for everyone to guess the WHAT, WHERE and /or WHO the pic is.

The photo can come from anywhere "ON" Disneyland property. It can be in a park, inside of attraction, at a resort,restaurants, on a trash can, at Downtown Disney District, signs entering and leaving....you get the idea it just has to be taken ON Disneyland property. An example of images used in the Disney World thread were of water fountains, rocks, barrels, restrooms, sinks, signs, eyes (my favorite), monorails, cast members uniforms, characters, umbrella heads, pools, everything is fair game.

Special note there are a few of us from the World thread that will be playing that are older than 16 (in dog years) (you will see) and will be joining in on the west coast fun so when you create your crop image please make it large, light, and clear enough for us 16year olds to see. The floaters make it a little interesting when you squint.

I will start this thread off with the following pic for your guessing pleasure. Thanks Denise

Old 08-03-2012, 07:01 PM   #2
dhorner233
Disneyophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDial View Post

To the Inaugural Where in The Land #1

This is going to be Disneyland's version of the Where in the World thread that is running in the photography section for Disney World.

This is a simple game in which you take any photo that you have taken and crop a small piece of that photo out. Then you use photobucket, flickr or any image hosting site you use and place it in Where in the Land thread for everyone to guess the WHAT, WHERE and /or WHO the pic is.

The photo can come from anywhere "ON" Disneyland property. It can be in a park, inside of attraction, at a resort,restaurants, on a trash can, at Downtown Disney District, signs entering and leaving....you get the idea it just has to be taken ON Disneyland property. An example of images used in the Disney World thread were of water fountains, rocks, barrels, restrooms, sinks, signs, eyes (my favorite), monorails, cast members uniforms, characters, umbrella heads, pools, everything is fair game.

Special note there are a few of us from the World thread that will be playing that are older than 16 (in dog years) (you will see) and will be joining in on the west coast fun so when you create your crop image please make it large, light, and clear enough for us 16year olds to see. The floaters make it a little interesting when you squint.

I will start this thread off with the following pic for your guessing pleasure. Thanks Denise

Thanks Ed for writing that all up!!! Let the guessing begin!

Jeff, have you got any pictures you could crop? Franandaj?

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-03-2012, 07:38 PM   #3
I'm mikey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDial View Post

Fantasyland, Pinocchio's Daring Journey, this is on the roofline over the ride entrance.

Next picture, guess away...
Old 08-03-2012, 07:56 PM   #4
jeepwreck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhorner233 View Post
Thanks Ed for writing that all up!!! Let the guessing begin!

Jeff, have you got any pictures you could crop? Franandaj?
lol another thread to spend my time in at work..

yes i will have to go hoem tongith and crop some pcitures for thie htread now.. so i will post up later tonight
Hello my name is Jeff….. and I am a disoholic!
Me , (DW)Emily , (DS)James
Old 08-03-2012, 09:33 PM   #5
SunDial
Where Are The Umbrella Hats

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm mikey View Post
Fantasyland, Pinocchio's Daring Journey, this is on the roofline over the ride entrance.

Is this in DCA? I have not been to DL yet so i am guessing blind. It is hard to go anywhere else when i live so close to DW
Old 08-03-2012, 10:50 PM   #6
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:

Outside the entrance to Rancho Zocalo?
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

Old 08-03-2012, 10:52 PM   #7
CamoMama
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I want to say that's on Buena Vista Street, the outside the Carthay Circle Theater. Maybe?

Feb/Mar 2014 - DLR Diva Trip - GCH
Feb/Mar 2013 - DLR Diva Trip - HoJo's
July 2012 - DLR - Anaheim Carriage Inn (never again)
May 2012 - DLR - Motel 6 ~ Read my solo trip report here!
February 2012 - CBR
July 2010 - DLR - Embassy Suites
1978-1990 - DLR - multiple trips, all offsite
Old 08-04-2012, 12:42 AM   #8
I'm mikey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Outside the entrance to Rancho Zocalo?
WINNER!!! This is in the walkway as you enter Rancho Zocolo from frontierland.
Old 08-04-2012, 01:32 AM   #9
dhorner233
Disneyophile

Quote:
]
We have another winner! That was too easy I guess!

Old 08-04-2012, 01:40 AM   #10
franandaj

This may or may not be easy....we'll see....

Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

Old 08-04-2012, 01:48 AM   #11
dhorner233
Disneyophile

It is occurring to me that my pictures are almost 2 years old So I hope things have not changed too much. Where is this?

Old 08-04-2012, 01:49 AM   #12
dhorner233
Disneyophile

Quote:

Is this from the Grand Calif.?

Old 08-04-2012, 01:54 AM   #13
franandaj

Quote:
Is this from the Grand Calif.?
Yes, but where?

Old 08-04-2012, 01:56 AM   #14
franandaj

Quote:
It is occurring to me that my pictures are almost 2 years old So I hope things have not changed too much. Where is this?

OK, there is no inscription in the window, I'm guessing it's either from Main Street or from over near the Little Mermaid ride in DCA.....

Old 08-04-2012, 02:41 AM   #15
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:

The piano is from the GCH and I believe the piano in the picture is on the upper floor.

Here is my picture of the piano on the upper floor from the GCH.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: