DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2012, 01:24 PM   #16
BobNed

Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdrl View Post
It might be that the major disruptive portion of the construction will be done by the time of your trip.
Our trip is 12/1-12/8 and we got the credit. You may want to check your e-mail spam folder - that's where mine was.
Old 08-05-2012, 01:44 PM   #17
gwensgoofy
Mouseketeer

Just got off the phone with Member Services. I was told the credit is for 2 nights stay for all trips scheduled between 9/10 and 12/22. We have 170 points coming back to us, which makes me so happy!

I asked about the banking deadline, when we would see the credit, etc. DVC indicated we can book straight through DVCmemberservices if you want to immediately use those "to be returned" points for another vacation; otherwise, our accounts will be credited shortly after our stay. DVC will be waiving the banking deadline on those points.
gwensgoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-05-2012, 03:13 PM   #18
BobNed

Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwensgoofy View Post
Just got off the phone with Member Services. I was told the credit is for 2 nights stay for all trips scheduled between 9/10 and 12/22. We have 170 points coming back to us, which makes me so happy!

I asked about the banking deadline, when we would see the credit, etc. DVC indicated we can book straight through DVCmemberservices if you want to immediately use those "to be returned" points for another vacation; otherwise, our accounts will be credited shortly after our stay. DVC will be waiving the banking deadline on those points.
It's funny they said the points would be returned AFTER the stay. The e-mail says they will be credited BEFORE you check-in.

Quote:
Aloha,

As crews embark on an exciting expansion project at Aulani (visit DVCMember.com for updates as new details emerge), we wanted to take this opportunity to assure you that the Resort's most popular features and amenities, including the restaurants, Waikolohe Valley pools/water fun area, the spectacular beach, the tranquil Laniwai Spa and more, will all be available to Members and Guests throughout the expansion process.

While project managers are carefully scheduling work to minimize its impact on your stay, you may see and hear work in progress. To thank you for your understanding, based on your current reservation, you will receive a credit of your Vacation Points for two nights of your upcoming stay. Essentially, two nights of your upcoming accommodation will come at no charge to you. This credit will be applied to your account automatically prior to your check in, and no further action is required on your part.

We sincerely appreciate your understanding as we embark on this exciting expansion of our oceanfront paradise, and we look forward to welcoming you "home" to Aulani soon!

Mahalo,

Disney Vacation Club Member Services
Old 08-06-2012, 01:54 PM   #19
salemk
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I wonder why disney decided to give out 2 nights credit but only up till 12/22. The expansion is not suppose to be completed until June 2013. Our family will be at Aulani the first week of February 2013. Hopefully that means most of the inconvenient stuff will be completed byt then.
salemk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 04:34 PM   #20
dvc_john
DIS Veteran

DVC-Trivia Contest - April, 2006: 2nd Place

Quote:
I asked about the banking deadline, when we would see the credit, etc. DVC indicated we can book straight through DVCmemberservices if you want to immediately use those "to be returned" points for another vacation
Thanks for reporting this.

I spend much of the winter in Florida, and just booked another week at DVC in January that I had planned on staying offsite. Applied my 92 refunded points to that reservation.

They manually refunded the points, then used them for the new reservation.
Of course they warned that if I made any changes to my Aulani reseration, they would have to adjust my points. (ie if I canceled my Aulani reservation, or shortened it to less than 5 days.)

DVC nights stayed to date:
AKV 15, ARS 5, BCV 61, BLT 17, BWV 83, HH 64, OKW 198, SSR 30, THV 9, VB 28, VGC 15, VGF 4, VWL 52

dvc_john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 04:52 PM   #21
oktracy
Mouseketeer

Cool! Glad it worked out for all of you. We will be checking out of Aulani 9/9.
oktracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 05:40 PM   #22
elaineliu1
Earning My Ears

does that mean the expansion work doesn't start until 09/10? I'll be there from 09/03-09/08.
elaineliu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 06:19 PM   #23
hacknsuit
Wants to get locked in WDW!

score?

We'll be in Aulani 9/8 - 9/14, and they gave us 92 points back and banked them into our next use year: our deadline had passed. A week stay for 160 points isn't too bad!
hacknsuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 06:39 PM   #24
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by hacknsuit View Post
We'll be in Aulani 9/8 - 9/14, and they gave us 92 points back and banked them into our next use year: our deadline had passed. A week stay for 160 points isn't too bad!
Hopefully the construction won't be too disruptive.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:24 PM   #25
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by oktracy View Post
Cool! Glad it worked out for all of you. We will be checking out of Aulani 9/9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elaineliu1 View Post
does that mean the expansion work doesn't start until 09/10? I'll be there from 09/03-09/08.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hacknsuit View Post
See y'all there. DW and I will be at Aulani from 9/03-9/09/12!!

DL - 1967 | WDW - 1973 (Orlando) | WDW - 1980 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1985 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1997 (Contemporary) | WDW - 2007 (Old Key West)
DVC - May2010 - OKW | Nov-Dec2010 - AKV/BWV | May2012 - BLT/VWL | Sep2012 - Aulani (30th anniversary) | Dec2012 - Aulani (DD honeymoon) | Oct2013 - BCV | Jun2014 - BWV | Oct2014 - DCL/BCV | Aug2015 - DCL Alaska | Dec2015 - BWV

The "Don't mess with the CMs/take less photos TR" Jun14 @ BWV
Oct13-BCV - MNSSHP, F&W, Wild Africa Trek
Sep12-Aulani - Sharks, horses, a submarine scooter, luau & Mickey
May12-BLT/VWL - Don't tell Mickey! It's NOT a bug's life! That's a dolphin's WHAT? Where's the ER? Is that a body? Seaworld, Discovery Cove, IoA, Space Center
Nov/Dec10-AKV/BWV - Backstage Magic Tour; V&A; Lots of pics and video
May10-OKW - DDP cost analysis; Wishes Dessert Party; Fantasmic
saintstickets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:42 PM   #26
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

So I wonder what is happening with any last minute point bookings? You book at the full points and then get back whatever is appropriate based on how long you're staying?

KAT4DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 11:12 PM   #27
Silly Little Pixie
My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
You work yourself up more than it really is, and when it's over you think, huh

I'm staying in a 2 bedroom pool view 12/14-12/21 and have not gotten anything about points back. Just the email I got 7/26 talking about the expansion and potential disruption. I'd be thrilled with 2 nights back, myself! Maybe I should call Member Services and ask.
DCL Wonder 11/08, B2B 11/10, 3/11, Christmas 2011, 6/13
Magic 11/09, 3/10 Fantasy NYE 12/13
Dream B2B Triple Dip! 3/12

Silly Little Pixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 05:46 AM   #28
Skatetigger
Mouseketeer

Glad I read this thread. I got the letter but i don't believe I got the email. I will give them a call today. Thanks everyone for info.

Now I am really bummed though as I am guessing this is going to be pretty distruptive if they are already offereing credits.

Oh well it's still Hawaii
Skatetigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 02:30 PM   #29
woodkins
DIS Veteran

Wow...I'm really bummed. We are heading to Aulani for 8 days over Thanksgiving and I am not happy with the construction going on....even worse is that I am renting points, so I paid for the full 8 nights worth of points, yet the dvc owner is getting a credit of two nights for the inconvenience that I am going to have during the trip...double bummer.

7/14 BC, 4/14 ASSP, 10/13 POLY, 8/13 WL, 4/13 WORLDS @ASMu, 11/12 Aulani 9/12 AKL, 7/12 BC, 10/11 POLY, 9/10 POLY, 12/09 POP, 9/09 GF, 2/09 POFQ, 12/08 POLY, 5/08 POLY, 12/07 POLY, 5/07 ASSp, 12/07 CB, 9/07 AKL, 12/06 ASMo, 9/06 WL,
woodkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 04:06 PM   #30
LisaT91403
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodkins View Post
Wow...I'm really bummed. We are heading to Aulani for 8 days over Thanksgiving and I am not happy with the construction going on....even worse is that I am renting points, so I paid for the full 8 nights worth of points, yet the dvc owner is getting a credit of two nights for the inconvenience that I am going to have during the trip...double bummer.
Did you talk to the person you are renting from and/or do you have a rental agreement? I am renting from the nicest person, and she is refunding my payment for the 120 points she is getting back. She is awesome, and I rented from her through the message board here.
LisaT91403 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: