Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2012, 07:46 AM   #1471
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Mouse View Post
Great dinner at Chef Mickeys last night. The food was ...well, you don't go for the food but everyone in our party did find something that they were able to enjoy. Kudos to the fantastic CM's! Even amidst all the chaos, Mickey and the gang really took time with each child. Minnie even sat with us and had a long "discussion" with my DD who told her that she could have a fork and spoon but not a knife. Minnie then collected all the knives from our table and put them out of reach of the kids. So cute.

When we left, everyone was tired and just wanted to get back to the lodge. Unfortunately, as soon as we boarded out boat, the electric water show slid in front of the WL marina. We were stuck but our great boat captain didn't miss a beat and sailed us out into the middle of Bay Lake. All of a sudden BOOM! FLASH! and "Hallow" Wishes erupted over the MK. We stayed on the water and watched the whole show!

Back at the lodge, some funny business is still going on with fire alarm and electrical testing. We heard a few alarm chirps around midnight and the infamous loading dock rooms provided a rather loud hum from what sounded like a huge truck idling outside the window. I think it was actually a test of the WL back up power generators as there was a note about electrical testing in the room. Well, along with the fire alarms, we now know the generators work too!

We live in a big city and are used to ambient noise but this made it a tough slog for a few hours last night. Off to MK today and will see if we can talk/beg/bribe our way into FLE.
Wow! Your boat escapades sound absolutely magical! I just got choked up reading about it. That would have been one of those magic moments where if I were there, I would have been all

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 10-26-2012, 08:52 AM   #1472
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yolie912
Just wanted to give you an update. I finally got
CL for our last night! Today is my LUCKY DAY! #happy
Congrats, your patience and persistence won out!!
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-26-2012, 11:09 AM   #1473
VbChristy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Great dinner at Chef Mickeys last night. The food was ...well, you don't go for the food but everyone in our party did find something that they were able to enjoy. Kudos to the fantastic CM's! Even amidst all the chaos, Mickey and the gang really took time with each child. Minnie even sat with us and had a long "discussion" with my DD who told her that she could have a fork and spoon but not a knife. Minnie then collected all the knives from our table and put them out of reach of the kids. So cute.

When we left, everyone was tired and just wanted to get back to the lodge. Unfortunately, as soon as we boarded out boat, the electric water show slid in front of the WL marina. We were stuck but our great boat captain didn't miss a beat and sailed us out into the middle of Bay Lake. All of a sudden BOOM! FLASH! and "Hallow" Wishes erupted over the MK. We stayed on the water and watched the whole show!

Back at the lodge, some funny business is still going on with fire alarm and electrical testing. We heard a few alarm chirps around midnight and the infamous loading dock rooms provided a rather loud hum from what sounded like a huge truck idling outside the window. I think it was actually a test of the WL back up power generators as there was a note about electrical testing in the room. Well, along with the fire alarms, we now know the generators work too!

We live in a big city and are used to ambient noise but this made it a tough slog for a few hours last night. Off to MK today and will see if we can talk/beg/bribe our way into FLE.
Agreed that the boatride sounds amazing!!

I am a big saddened by the sleep interuptions and the noise. As my husband said, "That doesnt sound magical. I am surprised Disney would allow that." And I agree with that statement. With as much as what people pay per night to stay there, there should not be so interuptions to their magic and their sleep. This goes for the afternoon testing- when do children nap? In the afternoon? Why would that be the time to sound the alarm for several hours. There has to be another way. And why is it taking so long to get them worked out? Have you guys inquired about future testing?

I need to get off my crabby box! I have been sleeping poorly in my quiet comfortable home and I am afraid of my impending stay. Which is also making me crabby, as we wanted to change our flight so that we could spend the day at the lodge, but to no avail after 3 failed attempts. I am feeling the need for a sprinkle of Disney Magic - I just do not have it at the moment.
Old 10-26-2012, 11:19 AM   #1474
yolie912
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal View Post
Congrats, your patience and persistence won out!!
Thanks to everyone! Its funny because they even already knew me in there!
LOL
But I am happy I don't have to move around the last night.
Old 10-26-2012, 01:11 PM   #1475
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Cruiser View Post
So KOOK and other experts, as for CL rooms, I don't care about how far I am from the OFC. A little extra walking means another snack! As for views, a partial view of the castle isn't really important, I would rather see more of the lodge, probably not so much the villas. So, does that narrow it down? Any suggestions?
In that case, I would definitely recommend that you request an INNER or WL Courtyard View room. That way you can see plenty of Bay Lake, the EWP (and Yurts) the geyser and pool.

This is how it should look when you're there, but I took this from a 5th floor, South Wing room we had that came with CL access.

This is the view from one of the 7th floor lounge windows:

Quote:
Originally Posted by scanne View Post
KOOK - Randy's move is temporary? My parents got to know him over the summer. They thought he was fantastic! I know my dad believes he is destined for Disney greatness! But they'd love to see him again.

Thanks!
Yes, 3-6 months and I agree with your parents

Quote:

Still say they need to hand-out ear plugs and spa coupons. Did you make into the FLE preview?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VbChristy View Post
Agreed that the boatride sounds amazing!!

I am a big saddened by the sleep interuptions and the noise. As my husband said, "That doesnt sound magical. I am surprised Disney would allow that." And I agree with that statement. With as much as what people pay per night to stay there, there should not be so interuptions to their magic and their sleep. This goes for the afternoon testing- when do children nap? In the afternoon? Why would that be the time to sound the alarm for several hours. There has to be another way. And why is it taking so long to get them worked out? Have you guys inquired about future testing?

I need to get off my crabby box! I have been sleeping poorly in my quiet comfortable home and I am afraid of my impending stay. Which is also making me crabby, as we wanted to change our flight so that we could spend the day at the lodge, but to no avail after 3 failed attempts. I am feeling the need for a sprinkle of Disney Magic - I just do not have it at the moment.
It's never good being tired and being tired on vacation seems worse because your expectations are so high and you have a lot of time and money invested. I wonder if other resorts are experiencing the prolonged testing as well?
Old 10-26-2012, 07:33 PM   #1476
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Kook- looks like you might get the worse of Sandy...hope you have all your supplies
GF - 2009, 2010
WL CL - 2012
Old 10-26-2012, 09:33 PM   #1477
guarn3md
DIS Veteran

One week from today we will be in my most favorite place! Yay!! But now we have to deal with "Frankenstorm"! I can't believe this storm that may hit us! I hate that one of the models shows it coming up the bay!! We finally have a whole house generator and as long as my plane takes off at 7am on Friday from DCA, I'll be fine! Sent my room request to IPO. Asked for a room that was closer towards the bay with a courtyard view, preferably one facing the water. Hoping for one of the two rooms that faces Bay Lake but don't hold much hope! Right now all I want is to get to Disney!
Debbie
Old 10-26-2012, 11:01 PM   #1478
luvfigment
Member of the 'Jambo! WildBunch'
DIS Veteran

Has anyone had an experience with requesting bed rails? A pack and play is too small for DD and she doesn't sleep well in them. I just saw you can ask for them but wanted to get more info/feedback. Would it be better to bring my own inflatable ones? TIA
1983 Off Property~1986 Polynesian~1987 Off Property~1988 Disney Village Resort~1989 CBR-Jamaica~1990 Swan~1992 CBR-Aruba~1994 Dixie Landings~1996 Dixie~1998 Grad Night at All Star Sports~ 1998 Dixie~1999 Yacht Club~2001 OKW~2004 Shades of Green~2005 AKL (DH's first trip)~2006 First trip to Disneyland-Paradise Pier~2006 AKL~Oct 2007 Disneymoon Polynesian~Sept. 2008 ASMu~Oct. 2008 Wilderness Lodge CL 1 yr Anniversary~Sept 2013 Wilderness Lodge~
Old 10-27-2012, 12:59 AM   #1479
MartyM
Mouseketeer

I'm headed to the airport here in Raleigh in about 3 hours for my first CL at Disney and WL trip #2.

Can't flipping wait! Also, however, can't flipping sleep!

1988-Polynesian
1997-All Star Music (UCA Cheer Championships)
1998-All Star Sports (UCA Cheer Championships)
2011-Polynesian
2012-Wilderness Lodge Girls' Weekend
2012-Coronado Springs Girls' Weekend
2012-Wilderness Lodge CL
2013-WDW Marathon Weekend AS Sports
2013-Boardwalk Cottage & Christmas Lights! (upcoming)
Old 10-27-2012, 07:16 AM   #1480
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal View Post
Kook- looks like you might get the worse of Sandy...hope you have all your supplies
Well, CT isn't in the clear either. I hope none of you lose power or have any flooding

Quote:
Originally Posted by guarn3md View Post
One week from today we will be in my most favorite place! Yay!! But now we have to deal with "Frankenstorm"! I can't believe this storm that may hit us! I hate that one of the models shows it coming up the bay!! We finally have a whole house generator and as long as my plane takes off at 7am on Friday from DCA, I'll be fine! Sent my room request to IPO. Asked for a room that was closer towards the bay with a courtyard view, preferably one facing the water. Hoping for one of the two rooms that faces Bay Lake but don't hold much hope! Right now all I want is to get to Disney!
Debbie
You sound well prepared. Everything should be out of our area by Wed. so you shouldn't have any problem leaving Friday. Have a great vacation!
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvfigment View Post
Has anyone had an experience with requesting bed rails? A pack and play is too small for DD and she doesn't sleep well in them. I just saw you can ask for them but wanted to get more info/feedback. Would it be better to bring my own inflatable ones? TIA
I haven't, but hopefully someone else can help you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyM View Post
I'm headed to the airport here in Raleigh in about 3 hours for my first CL at Disney and WL trip #2.

Can't flipping wait! Also, however, can't flipping sleep!
Are you there yet? You can take a nice nap after you check-in, but I think you'll be too excited. Have a great first CL stay - you'll love it!
Old 10-27-2012, 09:44 AM   #1481
EmmaMagsMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by guarn3md
Debbie
This storm was not in our plans either. We were scheduled to fly out of Boston on Tuesday at 6am. Unfortunately right in the middle of when Boston will be getting hit. Jet Blue put a travel advisory out for Boston this morning so we were able to move our flight to Wednesday and we extended our trip a day on the other end. I just want to get to the OFC!!!!! Hope everyone has safe travels
Old 10-27-2012, 11:18 AM   #1482
madgali2000
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaMagsMom

This storm was not in our plans either. We were scheduled to fly out of Boston on Tuesday at 6am. Unfortunately right in the middle of when Boston will be getting hit. Jet Blue put a travel advisory out for Boston this morning so we were able to move our flight to Wednesday and we extended our trip a day on the other end. I just want to get to the OFC!!!!! Hope everyone has safe travels
Disney has been great about moving our WL reservations except they charged us a $15 fee. Weird seeing as though we have no control over a hurricane. Thought they might waive it ..but no. Not a lot of money but....
Old 10-27-2012, 11:22 AM   #1483
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Kook- we have been very lucky the last two times- Irene and the H'ween snowstorm. But, we have learned to have batteries and water- they come in use anyway

Safe travels to those trying to get out or back
GF - 2009, 2010
WL CL - 2012
Old 10-27-2012, 12:29 PM   #1484
Doctor Mouse
They all come in with a whimper... and leave with a grin

Kook- no luck on FLE. Tried twice and rejected both days

Old 10-27-2012, 03:53 PM   #1485
VbChristy
Mouseketeer

We are here and were welcomed with some pixie dust, in he form of a room upgrade, yay!!! We booked a standard and have a courtyard view. Let's see if I can figure out this picture upload thing...

I do agree with the other posters that say the sound control is just not great here!!!

We had a late half lunch atWhispering Canyon Cafe today. The chicken sandwich was sooooo good. And of course the milkshakes were yummy. We split the sandwich and I love how Disney divides it up for you!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: