Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 12:30 PM   #1426
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post

Janet is way too smart to let me get at the reservations .....

Assuming you meant our Jan WL reservation... you'd have to get through me first since I've been taking care of it...oh, darn...but I am an easy RC push over. (so far we've been at Poly, BWI, FQ and last, but never least, WL!)

I should be banned from the Lodger's log
Never!!!

Old 10-23-2012, 12:56 PM   #1427
pepe of ohio
DIS Veteran

Location: Hubbard, Ohio, northeast Ohio 7 miles from Pa. border

Quote:
Originally Posted by yolie912
Great Pics!
I want to know if anyone has ever eaten the pizza at Wilderness Lodge?
The one they deliver, is it good?

Thanks!
Never had the delivered one but the flat bread pizza from Roaring Fork isn't bad.... For a whole pie, we travel over to FW , Crocketts Tavern has a decent cheese pizza and pitchers of beer... Nothing to write home about but for us, best on property... Maybe the pitchers if beer make the pizza taste good but it's a ritual for us first night at WL to boat over to FW...

DIS Dads Club Member
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-23-2012, 03:49 PM   #1428
rcsilverspring
Mouseketeer

As of about 12:30 PM today we are PAID IN FULL!!! Gave them all our flight information too, for the Magical Express!!!! Doing the happy Dance!!
51 days, 15 hours until our flight from Pittsburgh to MCO!!!!!

June 1989-Polynesian, June 1991-Polynesian June 2008-FINALLY back to the Polynesian after 17 years!!!!
May 2011- headed back "home" to the Poly! Dec. 2012-Girls only trip to WL to finally see the Christmas decorations (Sorry Poly)
]
Old 10-23-2012, 04:39 PM   #1429
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger

Skinny opening is the mini fridge with a few drawers above it. Ice bucket and glasses are on top of it as well.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Thanks Melissa
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
Old 10-23-2012, 04:42 PM   #1430
yolie912
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe of ohio View Post
Never had the delivered one but the flat bread pizza from Roaring Fork isn't bad.... For a whole pie, we travel over to FW , Crocketts Tavern has a decent cheese pizza and pitchers of beer... Nothing to write home about but for us, best on property... Maybe the pitchers if beer make the pizza taste good but it's a ritual for us first night at WL to boat over to FW...
Thanks!!
Old 10-23-2012, 05:05 PM   #1431
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post

KOOK, please add Grumpy Granmda, JanetB and Minnie&Nana to the Lodgers Log for 1/9 - 1/13?

Thank you!
Hey that's me!!!! Another stay at WL ..... I can't wait!!!
Old 10-23-2012, 05:35 PM   #1432
PamelaKay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsilverspring View Post
As of about 12:30 PM today we are PAID IN FULL!!! Gave them all our flight information too, for the Magical Express!!!! Doing the happy Dance!!
Congratulations!

Mar 2010 - AKL CL May 2010 - GF CL Nov 2010 - Dec 2010 POFQ and Poly CL
Mar 2011 - BWI, June 2011 CBR one night and split stay between WL and BCOct 2011 - POR and WL
March 2012 WL CL Oct 2012 WL CL and Dec 2012 WL CL
Mar 2013 YC CL, June 2013 Poly CL, Oct 2013 Hard Rock CL BWI CL and
Dec 2013 GF CL
Mar 2014 WL, June 2014 CR CL, and Oct/Nov 2014 WL CL
Old 10-23-2012, 05:38 PM   #1433
PamelaKay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VbChristy View Post
I will be at the WL this weekend- is there a bar where we will be able to watch some of the world series? Go Tigers!
I am sort of ashamed to admit that I have vast experience with the Territory Lounge

They have multiple tv's and have always been good about putting on whatever sporting event I am trying to take in. Johnna, the bartender there is one of my favorite cm's ever. She is awesome.

Mar 2010 - AKL CL May 2010 - GF CL Nov 2010 - Dec 2010 POFQ and Poly CL
Mar 2011 - BWI, June 2011 CBR one night and split stay between WL and BCOct 2011 - POR and WL
March 2012 WL CL Oct 2012 WL CL and Dec 2012 WL CL
Mar 2013 YC CL, June 2013 Poly CL, Oct 2013 Hard Rock CL BWI CL and
Dec 2013 GF CL
Mar 2014 WL, June 2014 CR CL, and Oct/Nov 2014 WL CL
Old 10-23-2012, 05:38 PM   #1434
EmmaMagsMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsilverspring
Great feeling !!!! We are 6 days away!!! Can't stand the wait 😄
Old 10-23-2012, 06:01 PM   #1435
JulieODC
DIS Veteran

Hi all!! We arrive at WL for our DD's (1yo) 1st trip on Nov 9th! Can't wait! This is my 5th time staying at WL - love it

Here's my question. We currently have a ressie at San Angel for Sat night. We plan to do AK that day. I'm worried Epcot will be CRAZY on the last Sat of F&W, so I'm thinking of switching to Jiko or Flying Fish (both places we'd love to try). If we do Jiko - we'd stay at AK all day, and head straight over for dinner (lounge/DD could nap in the lobby if need be) - thinking it would be too much trouble to get back to Jiko if we come back to WL in the afternoon. Is that nuts?

Are we better off coming back and doing FF? Is there a bus from WL direct to the Boardwalk?

Finally - what's the best way to get back to WL from Jiko? I'm thinking we'd take any bus from AKL to a park, and then hop the bus/boat back to WL from there?

Hope that made sense!

My 2013 trip report! Makin’ our way, it’s an ADVENTURE every day! A Nov (10-16) trip with a 2yr old!

DW DH DD2

DCL-Fantasy, Western Caribbean-May 2014; YC-November 2013; WL-November 2012; WL-December 2010; WL-September 2009; POR-December 2004; WL-June 1999; WL-June 1997; GF-April 1990;Treehouse Villas-1986
Old 10-23-2012, 07:20 PM   #1436
VbChristy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaKay

I am sort of ashamed to admit that I have vast experience with the Territory Lounge

They have multiple tv's and have always been good about putting on whatever sporting event I am trying to take in. Johnna, the bartender there is one of my favorite cm's ever. She is awesome.
Thanks!!!
Old 10-23-2012, 08:07 PM   #1437
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieODC View Post
Hi all!! We arrive at WL for our DD's (1yo) 1st trip on Nov 9th! Can't wait! This is my 5th time staying at WL - love it

Here's my question. We currently have a ressie at San Angel for Sat night. We plan to do AK that day. I'm worried Epcot will be CRAZY on the last Sat of F&W, so I'm thinking of switching to Jiko or Flying Fish (both places we'd love to try). If we do Jiko - we'd stay at AK all day, and head straight over for dinner (lounge/DD could nap in the lobby if need be) - thinking it would be too much trouble to get back to Jiko if we come back to WL in the afternoon. Is that nuts?

Are we better off coming back and doing FF? Is there a bus from WL direct to the Boardwalk?

Finally - what's the best way to get back to WL from Jiko? I'm thinking we'd take any bus from AKL to a park, and then hop the bus/boat back to WL from there?

Hope that made sense!
There isn't a bus that goes directly to the Boardwalk, but you could take the bus to Hollywood Studios and then take the resort boat to the Boardwalk for FF. There is also a nice walking path from HS to the Boardwalk.

I personally wouldn't hang around AK all day long with a 1 year old, but that would be a personal choice. I really like nap time.

Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 10-24-2012, 04:44 AM   #1438
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post

KOOK, please add Grumpy Granmda, JanetB and Minnie&Nana to the Lodgers Log for 1/9 - 1/13?

Thank you!
You have been logged and I even included pas130 for good measure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal View Post
Next to the closet...what is that skinny opening? Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Skinny opening is the mini fridge with a few drawers above it. Ice bucket and glasses are on top of it as well.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post

Janet is way too smart to let me get at the reservations ..... in fact she is kind enough to keep an eye on mine...HOWEVER...where there is a will there is a way

I still have August booked at OFC...but BLT calls....maybe VWL is good for the Pas clan too

I should be banned from the Lodger's log
Unlike WDTC, I should maybe charge for corrections after say the 5th one. Sort of the opposite of the buy 4 coffees get your 5th free card.

You know I love BLT, too and seeing how many pas130's need to fit in one place...
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe of ohio View Post
I like your first night ritual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsilverspring View Post
PIF dancing guy for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Hey that's me!!!! Another stay at WL ..... I can't wait!!!
Will you be wearing dark glasses?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaKay View Post

What a great tag that would make!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaMagsMom View Post
Great feeling !!!! We are 6 days away!!! Can't stand the wait 😄

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieODC View Post

Hope that made sense!
I, too wouldn't spend all day with a one-year-old at AK, but if you go later in the day, say around lunch, you should be fine. I also think you should skip going to AKL since you'd have to take a bus there from AK then another bus to a park, then a boat or bus back to WL - way too much with a small child IMHO. I would eat dinner either at a park/BW or WL.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:30 AM   #1439
Jungle Cruiser
DIS Veteran

It looks like it's time for me to join the party since I am one of the cool kids staying at WL in January I am excited that Grumpy Grandma, Janet B and Minnie & Nanna as well as Magic...it is (we hope) will be there part of my stay also! As for pas, we need to get a lot closer until we know where she is staying. For anyone who doesn't know she has a habit of changing her resorts, up until the last minute. Stay tuned

So we are staying CL from 12/31 to 1/13. I have never stayed CL at the WL before and don't know the rooms/views at all. My only request I have put in is for a room with 2 queen beds. Since it is January I don't expect to spend much time on a balcony. We will be arriving around noon on 12/31 and I have asked and am hoping we can get into the room early, since I have health issues. My thought process is not to request a specific room, thinking the probability of getting in early is higher if I am flexible. Thoughts? Also, conversely is there any room(s) I should avoid?

Thanks!

Hi KOOK
Old 10-24-2012, 10:22 AM   #1440
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Cruiser View Post
It looks like it's time for me to join the party since I am one of the cool kids staying at WL in January I am excited that Grumpy Grandma, Janet B and Minnie & Nanna as well as Magic...it is (we hope) will be there part of my stay also! As for pas, we need to get a lot closer until we know where she is staying. For anyone who doesn't know she has a habit of changing her resorts, up until the last minute. Stay tuned

So we are staying CL from 12/31 to 1/13. I have never stayed CL at the WL before and don't know the rooms/views at all. My only request I have put in is for a room with 2 queen beds. Since it is January I don't expect to spend much time on a balcony. We will be arriving around noon on 12/31 and I have asked and am hoping we can get into the room early, since I have health issues. My thought process is not to request a specific room, thinking the probability of getting in early is higher if I am flexible. Thoughts? Also, conversely is there any room(s) I should avoid?

Thanks!

Hi KOOK
Great seeing you over here!

Do you have a view or wing preference? We have a favorite room in the South Wing that is one of only two rooms (other than the VP and Pres. Suites) that directly face Bay Lake and the WL courtyard. The North Wing rooms can have a view of the Otter Pond below and a partial Wishes View. Both wings also have a WL courtyard view (our favorite) and the South Wing can have a VWL view.

Would you like to be as close as possible to the CL lounge? The South Wing rooms are the closest, although our favorite room is the furthest from the lounge.

We actually checked out on 12/31 in 2010 (the day you check-in). We were probably the exception though as I assume many stay through to at least NYD? I think you're checking-in late enough that a room will be ready immediately. We've been very lucky to get into our room well before noon - 0930 in August! The room assignor will assign your room about 3 days prior to your arrival, so your request won't really affect how early your room is ready since it will have already been assigned to you before arrival, so feel free to make a request other than 'early check-in'. When you do check-in, first ask if your room is ready, if not, you can get an estimate and/or they will look to see if they can find another room for you.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: