Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2012, 10:25 AM   #1396
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaA View Post
Just back from WL and we had a wonderful time! I will post pictures in the next day or so. The resort was wonderful, but I will say that we had some irritation due to them testing the fire alarms. They started on Wednesday and left a note saying it would be from one until three.

We arrived back to the hotel around one-thirty and the alarm was going strong. We quickly changed because being in the from made me physically nauseous because the noise was so piercing. We went down to the pool, and all of the CMs were telling us that it never lasted so long. At three it was STILL going off! We were told that it would definitely stop at three thirty. We had five-thirty reservations at Californial Grill, so really needed to shower and change.

Luckily it did stop right at three thirty. When we got back from our dinner there was a Mickey balloon in our room. I assume they gave them to everyone since we never gave our name or room number. Though I suppose the CMs on the Club Level might have known us by then.

So, all was good... Until Friday. We spent a short day at MK due to it being our last day (left on Saturday) and our twins being worn out. They actually fell asleep in their stroller on the ferry. Got back to the resort and the alarm was going off again! They hadn't finished testing and said it would be going until three again! We complained right to a manager. He was very understanding. I mean we were understanding too. We realize they have to test these things, but two days in one week where you can't use your room for the entire afternoon us unacceptable. They comp'd us half a nights stay, which I thought was a good compromise.
We were there for the alarm test on Friday and had to get out of the resort, it was so loud and painful!!! I am sorry to hear you had to go through that twice!!! I am happy to hear the manager did try to make it right for you.

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 10-22-2012, 11:18 AM   #1397
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
I was planning too, but then just wanted a really good steak, so stuck with what I know.

Next time!
I know your DH is on Active Duty so I thought I'd mention that our commissary carries frozen bison. The burgers are wonderful and they're actually a bit leaner than beef.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
I must write this down! Has got to be one of the funniest things I've heard in a long time ...... and yet so true!!!!!
So are you in the WRRP? (Witness Resort Relocation Program)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiotinkfan View Post
We too are joining some of you for Thanksgiving at WL Old Faithful!!! My DD and I have visieted at Christmas (not at WL though) a few times but DH and DS haven't. We are excited to all be together for the holiday!
How wonderful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaA View Post
Just back from WL and we had a wonderful time! I will post pictures in the next day or so. The resort was wonderful, but I will say that we had some irritation due to them testing the fire alarms. They started on Wednesday and left a note saying it would be from one until three.

We arrived back to the hotel around one-thirty and the alarm was going strong. We quickly changed because being in the from made me physically nauseous because the noise was so piercing. We went down to the pool, and all of the CMs were telling us that it never lasted so long. At three it was STILL going off! We were told that it would definitely stop at three thirty. We had five-thirty reservations at Californial Grill, so really needed to shower and change.

Luckily it did stop right at three thirty. When we got back from our dinner there was a Mickey balloon in our room. I assume they gave them to everyone since we never gave our name or room number. Though I suppose the CMs on the Club Level might have known us by then.

So, all was good... Until Friday. We spent a short day at MK due to it being our last day (left on Saturday) and our twins being worn out. They actually fell asleep in their stroller on the ferry. Got back to the resort and the alarm was going off again! They hadn't finished testing and said it would be going until three again! We complained right to a manager. He was very understanding. I mean we were understanding too. We realize they have to test these things, but two days in one week where you can't use your room for the entire afternoon us unacceptable. They comp'd us half a nights stay, which I thought was a good compromise.
Ugh. I wonder if the first test 'failed' or they noticed problems and rather than extend the test they re-tested the next day after making adjustments. Of course we all want these alarms to work properly and be fully tested - just not on our vacation. They should have also maybe passed out some ear muffs, comped drinks and spa coupons

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaKay View Post
WDWKook - Thanks for the message.

Sitting here tonight it is hard not to be too excited. Only 4 days to work this week and then it is off to my very favorite place

I am so going to try and do a trip report this time. I say that everytime, but never seem to get them written.
I'm going to keep reminding you to do one - pushy, yet persuasive. We'll guilt you into one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie View Post
OMG - we just watched the high fireworks from MNSSHP from our balcony!!!! The water parade was also going by what a wonderful night
What a great way to end the day at WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by guarn3md View Post
So in twelve days we arrive for another visit at WL, our 2nd time CL! I haven't put in a room request yet... Should I just email the IPO? I also don't know what to request. Last time our room was facing the courtyard, which I want but it was only three rooms down from the lounge area. Again close to the lounge but do I want to be there again? I don't think my son wants bunk beds... Suggestions?
Yes, email the IPO and they will add any requests to your reservation - maybe something like, Inner Courtyard view, far from lounge? Or, if you request an Inner Courtyard View in the North Wing, you'll be much further from the lounge and check-in areas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrebecca View Post
I am totally freaking out about packing for this trip. Usually I freak out, but this time add in the fact that we are moving 10 days before we leave and I am about to melt down.
The only light at the end of the tunnel is that we will soon be relaxing at the OFC after a long day of rides and fun!!
How about packing everything you can before you move and leave it in the car? That way you don't have to scramble to find everything after you've moved and you won't have to move those clothes or the luggage to the new place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinmom108 View Post
Looking forward to our trip right after Thanksgiving. WL is our favorite WDW resort & it's been 6 long years since we last stayed there. This trip we're in a 1bed. villa for 2 weeks! That's the longest we will have ever stayed in 1 room at WDW.

I'm thinking that since we have a washer/dryer in our room I may not have to pack as many clothes. Of course that time of year the weather may vary & I might need to pack a larger variety of clothing.

Been planning this trip for 2 yrs now & seeing the pics on this thread is making me sooooo homesick for WL. Just 4 1/2 weeks now, hope they don't go by too slowly.
What a wonderful time to be able to enjoy WDW. We stayed in a one bedroom at BLT in August and it was such a luxury having a washer/dryer. We discovered that we could have packed far less than we did. It was so easy to do laundry and I would highly recommend packing about half of what you would normally if you were not able to so easily do laundry whenever you'd like. Enjoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
We were there for the alarm test on Friday and had to get out of the resort, it was so loud and painful!!! I am sorry to hear you had to go through that twice!!! I am happy to hear the manager did try to make it right for you.
Well, I guess you and Andrea know THE ALARM DEFINITELY WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-22-2012, 11:18 AM   #1398
DisneyDad61
Mouseketeer

Specific Bus Transportation from WL

Folks -

I know that the Bus Transportation from WL also connects with Polynesian and the Grand Floridian these days. With the direct service to MK already from WL in place, does anyone know which stops the WL bus makes to the other 3 parks? Meaning, as an example, Where does the DS Bus from WL stop at......Is it the Poly or GF on the way to the park...........
1 - WL to DS bus stops (resorts), if any
2 - WL to EPCOT bus stops (resorts), if any
3 - WL to AK bus stops (resorts) , if any

Sorry, I cannot find these anywhere.

Thanks
Wilderness Lodge - September 1994 Wilderness Lodge - July 1996 Wilderness Lodge - September 1997 Wilderness Lodge - October 1998 Wilderness Lodge - October 1999 Wilderness Lodge - September 2000 Wilderness Lodge - September 2001 Wilderness Lodge - December 2002 Wilderness Lodge - November 2003 Wilderness Lodge - October 2004 Wilderness Lodge - December 1 - 12, 2006 Port Orleans - Riverside - September 28 - October 8, 2007, Wilderness Lodge Villa's - December 6 - 18, 2008 Wilderness Lodge - December 3 - 13, 2010 DVC Member - Villa's at Wilderness Lodge, May 2011 Villa's at Wilderness Lodge - December 7 - 16, 2012 Villa's at Wilderness Lodge August 28 - 31, 2013 Disney Dream Cruise 9/22 - 9/26/2013 Beach Club Villa's September 26 - October 2, 2013Grand Californian Resort & Spa Villa's, May 6 - 9, 2014 Villa's at Wilderness Lodge, Dec. 4 - 14, 2014
"The ship's a-ground on a shore of this unchartered desert....Lodge...with Disneydad ..and wifey too ....."
Old 10-22-2012, 11:25 AM   #1399
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDad61 View Post
Folks -

I know that the Bus Transportation from WL also connects with Polynesian and the Grand Floridian these days. With the direct service to MK already from WL in place, does anyone know which stops the WL bus makes to the other 3 parks? Meaning, as an example, Where does the DS Bus from WL stop at......Is it the Poly or GF on the way to the park...........

Thanks
This past weekend we experienced the following:

WL to MK was direct
WL to EPCOT picked up at FW after picking us up
WL to AK picked up at GF then on to Blizard Beach before heading to AK

We skipped DHS this trip, so I can comment, sorry.

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 10-22-2012, 11:59 AM   #1400
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:

WL to MK was direct

This is what we had in September, and DHS had GF pickup, so:
WL to DHS picked up at GF then on to DHS.

I understand that they can make changes and decide not to make additional stops, so a full bus after WL could in theory go straight to the park (so it might not be good to rely on the bus schedule for resort hopping) but for us the routes were very consistent.
Old 10-22-2012, 12:44 PM   #1401
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytammy View Post
WL is #1 in our hearts, but OKW is a very close 2nd. It is relaxing like WL. Enjoy your trip!
Just checked into OKW. LOVE IT!!!!!! They are playing Jimmy Buffet music at the pool!! I'm in heaven!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
I know your DH is on Active Duty so I thought I'd mention that our commissary carries frozen bison. The burgers are wonderful and they're actually a bit leaner than beef.

So are you in the WRRP? (Witness Resort Relocation Program)

How wonderful!

Ugh. I wonder if the first test 'failed' or they noticed problems and rather than extend the test they re-tested the next day after making adjustments. Of course we all want these alarms to work properly and be fully tested - just not on our vacation. They should have also maybe passed out some ear muffs, comped drinks and spa coupons

I'm going to keep reminding you to do one - pushy, yet persuasive. We'll guilt you into one!

What a great way to end the day at WDW

Yes, email the IPO and they will add any requests to your reservation - maybe something like, Inner Courtyard view, far from lounge? Or, if you request an Inner Courtyard View in the North Wing, you'll be much further from the lounge and check-in areas.

How about packing everything you can before you move and leave it in the car? That way you don't have to scramble to find everything after you've moved and you won't have to move those clothes or the luggage to the new place.

What a wonderful time to be able to enjoy WDW. We stayed in a one bedroom at BLT in August and it was such a luxury having a washer/dryer. We discovered that we could have packed far less than we did. It was so easy to do laundry and I would highly recommend packing about half of what you would normally if you were not able to so easily do laundry whenever you'd like. Enjoy!

Well, I guess you and Andrea know THE ALARM DEFINITELY WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!
WRRP!!!!
Old 10-22-2012, 01:03 PM   #1402
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Just checked into OKW. LOVE IT!!!!!! They are playing Jimmy Buffet music at the pool!! I'm in heaven!!!
Think I could love OKW!!

Old 10-22-2012, 01:09 PM   #1403
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDad61 View Post
Folks -

Thanks
to the thread. Just adding to the previous helpful replies that our busses never stopped at the Poly in April or August - just GF, FW or non-stop.

Quote:

WRRP!!!!
You do know that you just posted that to the WL thread?

JK, I know you love VWL and I'm thrilled that you're happy and having a great time. Where's dinner tonight, Linda?
Old 10-22-2012, 01:11 PM   #1404
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
Think I could love OKW!!
Linda is becoming a bad influence on these fine WL/VWL posters. Are you heading south, too?
Old 10-22-2012, 01:19 PM   #1405
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:

WL to MK was direct

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandCalifornian View Post
This is what we had in September, and DHS had GF pickup, so:
WL to DHS picked up at GF then on to DHS.

I understand that they can make changes and decide not to make additional stops, so a full bus after WL could in theory go straight to the park (so it might not be good to rely on the bus schedule for resort hopping) but for us the routes were very consistent.
This was our experience in July as well!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 10-22-2012, 01:22 PM   #1406
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Linda is becoming a bad influence on these fine WL/VWL posters. Are you heading south, too?
Absolutely not! Count on us for January 9-13 at the beautiful Lodge! (Janet, Linda, maybe pas? Maybe Magic?...Sarah will aready be there. )

Old 10-22-2012, 02:46 PM   #1407
goofynut41
Disney Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashleyfaz View Post
We will be at WL in 30 days! Any reviews on Artist Point? We decided to have a couples night and leave the kids in the cub's den. We think it would be easier to be at the same resort so we don't have to waste time and worry about traveling to another resort or park. What is good to eat there?
Be sure and not wear a cap, cause the cap police will make you take it off....

Old 10-22-2012, 03:52 PM   #1408
guarn3md
DIS Veteran

I can't remember - is there only one elevator that goes to the 7th floor? Or if you have a room that is in the North Wing CL is there an elevator over there that would take you down near Roaring Forks?
11 days left....
Debbie
Old 10-22-2012, 04:08 PM   #1409
luvallprincesses
DIS Veteran

Today my TA (Mom) called to add our room request to our reservation for Nov 23 check in. We are booked at Woods View. I had posted here a few weeks ago that we are interested in the highest room that has an open balcony (short DS who I don't won't to block a view from) and with a hope of seeing some of Wishes. Kook recommended that we request 5th floor Wishes view. Well, of course, the CM at central reservations told my mom that view of Wishes doesn't exist. So I think I need to be more specific in the request put in (even though the Room Assigner will probably know exactly what it means.) Referencing the first page of the thread, am I correct in asking for a 5th floor NORTHSIDE OTTER POND WOODS VIEW (WISHES VIEW) to have the best chance of what we are looking for?

Aug 1997 CBR, April 2005 POP, May 2005 ASM
Dec 2006 POP, Nov/Dec 2009 POR, Nov/Dec 2011 POFQ
Nov/Dec 2012 WL Jan 2014 BC
Old 10-22-2012, 04:23 PM   #1410
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by guarn3md View Post
I can't remember - is there only one elevator that goes to the 7th floor? Or if you have a room that is in the North Wing CL is there an elevator over there that would take you down near Roaring Forks?
11 days left....
Debbie
There are two others:

One is to the right of RF and directly across from the laundry room in the North Wing and it comes out at the end of the North Wing on the 7th floor and the other is right behind room 7127, the last room in the South Wing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvallprincesses View Post
Today my TA (Mom) called to add our room request to our reservation for Nov 23 check in. We are booked at Woods View. I had posted here a few weeks ago that we are interested in the highest room that has an open balcony (short DS who I don't won't to block a view from) and with a hope of seeing some of Wishes. Kook recommended that we request 5th floor Wishes view. Well, of course, the CM at central reservations told my mom that view of Wishes doesn't exist. So I think I need to be more specific in the request put in (even though the Room Assigner will probably know exactly what it means.) Referencing the first page of the thread, am I correct in asking for a 5th floor NORTHSIDE OTTER POND WOODS VIEW (WISHES VIEW) to have the best chance of what we are looking for?
I love that your TA is your Mom!

Those silly CMs, gotta love 'em. It's correct that you can't book a Wishes or MKV/TPV at WL, but you can request it and the WL room assignor knows just what you're looking for (though it might not be available).

Just call them back and ask them to put "5th floor, North Wing or Wishes View, please." When you check-in, just confirm that you have a high North Wing room where you can see some of Wishes. If you don't, ask if that would be available. No matter what the WDTC CM says, just politely reply that that is the request you'd like to make and then ask them politely to repeat back your request.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
Absolutely not! Count on us for January 9-13 at the beautiful Lodge! (Janet, Linda, maybe pas? Maybe Magic?...Sarah will aready be there. )
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: