Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 08:44 AM   #1381
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaKay View Post
What a great perspective of the lobby and fireplace. I may have to take one like that next week
I sent you a PM Friday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Hi kook and everyone else! Checked in yesterday and of course as usual I'm at my happy place. Yesterday was a quiet down day ... DH left very early in the morning while we were still at AKV .... my other happy place! DD and I had a wonderful lunch at Whispering Canyon then lots of pool time. Finished up with the Dessert Party ... I'm still full this morrning!!! DD left first thing this morning so I'm on my own for the next 5 days. Moving over to OKW tomorrow .... not to sure how I'll like it there but it's worth a try.

Typing this on my Kindle so that's it for now. Have a great day .... know I will!!!
Great to hear from you! I sent you a PM, too a while back...

You are one fast moving resort changer. It's like you're in the witness relocation program and can't stay put too long

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytammy View Post
WL is #1 in our hearts, but OKW is a very close 2nd. It is relaxing like WL. Enjoy your trip!
Does OKW still have the largest square footage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
This!!! It was the filet with Yukon potatoes (which we subbed from another entree). It was delicious!

Unfortunately, the buffalo DH and I had in August wasn't delicious - it was served pre-cut and there were many inedible pieces - just bad luck that night I suppose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
I'm staying at WL (Courtyard View) Nov 3-5 with my DBF. It will be my 10th time staying there and his first!! I can't wait to be "home" even if it's only for 2 nights After our last stay in June, my parents and I both agreed that being on the "Northside" is really great so I'm thinking of calling to request that but will be happy wherever we are!!!
Your DBF is in for one great surprise when he first walks into the lobby
Old 10-21-2012, 08:50 AM   #1382
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
I sent you a PM Friday

Great to hear from you! I sent you a PM, too a while back...

You are one fast moving resort changer. It's like you're in the witness relocation program and can't stay put too long

Does OKW still have the largest square footage?

Unfortunately, the buffalo DH and I had in August wasn't delicious - it was served pre-cut and there were many inedible pieces - just bad luck that night I suppose.

Your DBF is in for one great surprise when he first walks into the lobby
I wasn't brave enough to try the buffalo, lol! Just stuck with regular old cow.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-21-2012, 12:01 PM   #1383
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1

I wasn't brave enough to try the buffalo, lol! Just stuck with regular old cow.
When we lived in MN, the grocery stores had bison...it wasn't bad. Give it a whirl
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
Old 10-21-2012, 12:03 PM   #1384
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal View Post
When we lived in MN, the grocery stores had bison...it wasn't bad. Give it a whirl
I was planning too, but then just wanted a really good steak, so stuck with what I know.

Next time!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 10-21-2012, 12:53 PM   #1385
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

I must write this down! Has got to be one of the funniest things I've heard in a long time ...... and yet so true!!!!!
Old 10-21-2012, 02:37 PM   #1386
EmmaMagsMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by midge3426
I just realized I have been back from Wilderness Lodge vacation for a little over a month and I have not posted any pictures. So I will periodically try to post a few.

WILDERNESS LODGE ROOM by midge3426, on Flickr
This is the view of our room from the entrance door.

WILDERNESS LODGE by midge3426, on Flickr
This is shot from the side door by the gift shop.
Great picture! It's getting me excited for our return trip to WL. 9 more days!!!!!!
Old 10-21-2012, 05:00 PM   #1387
ohiotinkfan
"Tinking about Disney"

We too are joining some of you for Thanksgiving at WL Old Faithful!!! My DD and I have visieted at Christmas (not at WL though) a few times but DH and DS haven't. We are excited to all be together for the holiday!
Old 10-21-2012, 05:24 PM   #1388
AndreaA
Mouseketeer

Just back from WL and we had a wonderful time! I will post pictures in the next day or so. The resort was wonderful, but I will say that we had some irritation due to them testing the fire alarms. They started on Wednesday and left a note saying it would be from one until three.

We arrived back to the hotel around one-thirty and the alarm was going strong. We quickly changed because being in the from made me physically nauseous because the noise was so piercing. We went down to the pool, and all of the CMs were telling us that it never lasted so long. At three it was STILL going off! We were told that it would definitely stop at three thirty. We had five-thirty reservations at Californial Grill, so really needed to shower and change.

Luckily it did stop right at three thirty. When we got back from our dinner there was a Mickey balloon in our room. I assume they gave them to everyone since we never gave our name or room number. Though I suppose the CMs on the Club Level might have known us by then.

So, all was good... Until Friday. We spent a short day at MK due to it being our last day (left on Saturday) and our twins being worn out. They actually fell asleep in their stroller on the ferry. Got back to the resort and the alarm was going off again! They hadn't finished testing and said it would be going until three again! We complained right to a manager. He was very understanding. I mean we were understanding too. We realize they have to test these things, but two days in one week where you can't use your room for the entire afternoon us unacceptable. They comp'd us half a nights stay, which I thought was a good compromise.

Wilderness Lodge - Oct.2012
Villas @ WL - Sept.2013

Old 10-21-2012, 06:04 PM   #1389
PamelaKay
DIS Veteran

Only 4 more days and we are on our way!

WDWKook - Thanks for the message.

Sitting here tonight it is hard not to be too excited. Only 4 days to work this week and then it is off to my very favorite place

I am so going to try and do a trip report this time. I say that everytime, but never seem to get them written.

Mar 2010 - AKL CL May 2010 - GF CL Nov 2010 - Dec 2010 POFQ and Poly CL
Mar 2011 - BWI, June 2011 CBR one night and split stay between WL and BCOct 2011 - POR and WL
March 2012 WL CL Oct 2012 WL CL and Dec 2012 WL CL
Mar 2013 YC CL, June 2013 Poly CL, Oct 2013 Hard Rock CL BWI CL and
Dec 2013 GF CL
Mar 2014 WL, June 2014 CR CL, and Oct/Nov 2014 WL CL
Old 10-21-2012, 08:15 PM   #1390
VbChristy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaA

We arrived back to the hotel around one-thirty and the alarm was going strong. We quickly changed because being in the from made me physically nauseous because the noise was so piercing. We went down to the pool, and all of the CMs were telling us that it never lasted so long. At three it was STILL going off! We were told that it would definitely stop at three thirty. We had five-thirty reservations at Californial Grill, so really needed to shower and change.

So, all was good... Until Friday. We spent a short day at MK due to it being our last day (left on Saturday) and our twins being worn out. They actually fell asleep in their stroller on the ferry. Got back to the resort and the alarm was going off again! They hadn't finished testing and said it would be going until three again! We complained right to a manager. He was very understanding. I mean we were understanding too. We realize they have to test these things, but two days in one week where you can't use your room for the entire afternoon us unacceptable. They comp'd us half a nights stay, which I thought was a good compromise.
Wow, that is horrible. And really from1-3 is an awful time to test it, when many return from the parks to nap and rest.... Augh, hope it is all tested at this point....
Old 10-21-2012, 08:58 PM   #1391
Minnie
DIS Veteran

OMG - we just watched the high fireworks from MNSSHP from our balcony!!!! The water parade was also going by what a wonderful night
Old 10-21-2012, 09:44 PM   #1392
guarn3md
DIS Veteran

So in twelve days we arrive for another visit at WL, our 2nd time CL! I haven't put in a room request yet... Should I just email the IPO? I also don't know what to request. Last time our room was facing the courtyard, which I want but it was only three rooms down from the lounge area. Again close to the lounge but do I want to be there again? I don't think my son wants bunk beds... Suggestions?
Old 10-22-2012, 07:05 AM   #1393
nyrebecca
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie
OMG - we just watched the high fireworks from MNSSHP from our balcony!!!! The water parade was also going by what a wonderful night
How wonderful!

Old 10-22-2012, 07:07 AM   #1394
nyrebecca
DIS Veteran

I am totally freaking out about packing for this trip. Usually I freak out, but this time add in the fact that we are moving 10 days before we leave and I am about to melt down.
The only light at the end of the tunnel is that we will soon be relaxing at the OFC after a long day of rides and fun!!

Old 10-22-2012, 09:16 AM   #1395
twinmom108
DIS Veteran

Looking forward to our trip right after Thanksgiving. WL is our favorite WDW resort & it's been 6 long years since we last stayed there. This trip we're in a 1bed. villa for 2 weeks! That's the longest we will have ever stayed in 1 room at WDW.

I'm thinking that since we have a washer/dryer in our room I may not have to pack as many clothes. Of course that time of year the weather may vary & I might need to pack a larger variety of clothing.

Been planning this trip for 2 yrs now & seeing the pics on this thread is making me sooooo homesick for WL. Just 4 1/2 weeks now, hope they don't go by too slowly.

Peter Pan's #1 Fan
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: