Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 03:44 PM   #1366
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by baler31
We are staying at WL OFC for the Passholder Preview weekend. My kids were much smaller on previous visits but dislike sleeping together at this point. I don't want to count on getting a bunk bed room as I am sure they are very limited on CL. So...

Are there rollaways available and will they fit anywhere in the room without having to remove something ? There will only be 3 of us in the room so no occupancy issues.
Have a wonderful time at FLE preview, heard from some who got a sneak perk last week that it was amazing
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
Old 10-19-2012, 03:52 PM   #1367
PamelaKay
DIS Veteran

One week from today I will be enjoying the OFC at WL.

Mar 2010 - AKL CL May 2010 - GF CL Nov 2010 - Dec 2010 POFQ and Poly CL
Mar 2011 - BWI, June 2011 CBR one night and split stay between WL and BCOct 2011 - POR and WL
March 2012 WL CL Oct 2012 WL CL and Dec 2012 WL CL
Mar 2013 YC CL, June 2013 Poly CL, Oct 2013 Hard Rock CL BWI CL and
Dec 2013 GF CL
Mar 2014 WL, June 2014 CR CL, and Oct/Nov 2014 WL CL
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-19-2012, 07:35 PM   #1368
CaliKT
Mouseketeer

Hooray! You're sure to have an amazing time. Wish we were staying CL because everyone seems to love the OFC!
Old 10-19-2012, 09:19 PM   #1369
Ashleyfaz
Mouseketeer

We will be at WL in 30 days! Any reviews on Artist Point? We decided to have a couples night and leave the kids in the cub's den. We think it would be easier to be at the same resort so we don't have to waste time and worry about traveling to another resort or park. What is good to eat there?
Old 10-19-2012, 09:54 PM   #1370
goofy4prez
DIS Dads Club Member #484
I hate the Steelers & Ravens like a mother loves a child!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashleyfaz View Post
We will be at WL in 30 days! Any reviews on Artist Point? We decided to have a couples night and leave the kids in the cub's den. We think it would be easier to be at the same resort so we don't have to waste time and worry about traveling to another resort or park. What is good to eat there?
I personally rate Artist Point as one of the top two (excluding V&A's) restaurants in WDW. The atmosphere is excellent, the service is great, and the food is outstanding... In other words, I love this place.

The Alaskin King Crab sweet corn fritter is a very good appetizer. As for entree's, I have had four and not one has failed me yet. The Black Angus Tenderloin is awesome, the Roasted buffalo Tenderloin is melt in your mouth tender, the Seared Pacific swordfish is very good, and I absolutely enjoyed the Jumbo Prawn & Crab Hot-Pot. I also love the desserts I have had in the Chocolate Indulgence and the Baked Apple Tart. You are going to love your dinner at the Artist Point.

Achieved (6-10-12) and maintaining weight lost goal of 115 LBS.From 267 lbs to 152 lbs
Old 10-19-2012, 10:44 PM   #1371
jnfr2424
I'm Tink I got my Peter Pan and together we love to fly away to Neverland!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
If you guys are interested and think it might help to facilitate some DIS meet 'n greets, I would be happy to post/maintain a DISer WDW/WL/VWL upcoming trip calendar to the first page. Those who wanted could post their WDW/WL/VWL stay dates and I would put them into the 'Lodgers Log'. Don't worry that you're not necessarily staying at WL or that your trip might change - being a member of the Resort Changers' Club, I'm used to that uncertainty

November 21 - 29, 2012
We are spending Thanksgiving at WL OFC!!! I am sooo excited!!! November 21st can't get here soon enough!
The last time I stayed at WL was a family trip in '96 and before that was when it first opened back in '94 when we were one of the first families to stay there. Of course we have dined and visited since '96 but I finally convinced DH that we needed to be here to start the holiday season!!
This will be our 5th Disney Thanksgiving but DH's first time staying at my "home" with the holiday magic at WL!! Can't wait to go re vist all my old hideouts and my 2am book readings in front of the fireplace!
Everyone that's visting before us- have a GREAT GREAT time!!

Old 10-20-2012, 01:10 AM   #1372
midge3426
Mouseketeer

I just realized I have been back from Wilderness Lodge vacation for a little over a month and I have not posted any pictures. So I will periodically try to post a few.

WILDERNESS LODGE ROOM by midge3426, on Flickr
This is the view of our room from the entrance door.

WILDERNESS LODGE by midge3426, on Flickr
This is shot from the side door by the gift shop.
Old 10-20-2012, 09:13 AM   #1373
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Linda, Grumpy Grandma: Have you checked-in yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaKay View Post
One week from today I will be enjoying the OFC at WL.

Quote:
We last ate at AP in August. I have a section on it, with photos, in my TR which is hyperlinked in my signature. We may have just eaten there on a bad night

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnfr2424 View Post
November 21 - 29, 2012
We are spending Thanksgiving at WL OFC!!! I am sooo excited!!! November 21st can't get here soon enough!
The last time I stayed at WL was a family trip in '96 and before that was when it first opened back in '94 when we were one of the first families to stay there. Of course we have dined and visited since '96 but I finally convinced DH that we needed to be here to start the holiday season!!
This will be our 5th Disney Thanksgiving but DH's first time staying at my "home" with the holiday magic at WL!! Can't wait to go re vist all my old hideouts and my 2am book readings in front of the fireplace!
Everyone that's visting before us- have a GREAT GREAT time!!
How exciting! This is going in the Log
Quote:
Originally Posted by midge3426 View Post
I just realized I have been back from Wilderness Lodge vacation for a little over a month and I have not posted any pictures. So I will periodically try to post a few.

Thank you!
Old 10-20-2012, 04:17 PM   #1374
hbr03
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by midge3426

Midge, beautiful shot of the lobby!
Portofino Bay & 1st visit to Diagon Alley ~ October 2014
Wilderness Lodge & MNSSHP ~ October 2014

Old 10-20-2012, 06:47 PM   #1375
PamelaKay
DIS Veteran

Love the photos

What a great perspective of the lobby and fireplace. I may have to take one like that next week

Mar 2010 - AKL CL May 2010 - GF CL Nov 2010 - Dec 2010 POFQ and Poly CL
Mar 2011 - BWI, June 2011 CBR one night and split stay between WL and BCOct 2011 - POR and WL
March 2012 WL CL Oct 2012 WL CL and Dec 2012 WL CL
Mar 2013 YC CL, June 2013 Poly CL, Oct 2013 Hard Rock CL BWI CL and
Dec 2013 GF CL
Mar 2014 WL, June 2014 CR CL, and Oct/Nov 2014 WL CL
Old 10-21-2012, 06:06 AM   #1376
2girlsR2good
Mouseketeer

Quote:
vWe will be at WL in 30 days! Any reviews on Artist Point? We decided to have a couples night and leave the kids in the cub's den. We think it would be easier to be at the same resort so we don't have to waste time and worry about traveling to another resort or park. What is good to eat there?
We did this, but we were staying at the Poly and put the kids in the Neverland Club. Dinner was delicious. HOWEVER:

Upon reflection, we decided that date nights for a restaurant in Disney are not worth the cost for us. Here's why
1--the babysitting is just that, babysitting. My kids really liked the Neverland club--they got to eat chicken nuggets, color, and watch as much tv as they wanted. They were safe and happy.
2--at Artist Point, we saw that the restaurant was full of families with kids. We mentioned to the hostess that we were trying to have a grown up night and she did her best to seat us in a more adult area, but there were still kids everywhere. So, not quite a romantic setting.
3--Artist Point was excellent. We live in a place where we can be somewhere just as good on a date night though.
4--the evening cost a fortune when you add in a before dinner cocktail, the Neverland club for 2 kids and our dinner.
5--most of the point of a Disney vacation for us is to spend quality time with our kids--this ended up being a late night for them (so no rope drop the next morning) just so we could have dinner.

So, next time, I will focus on spending more $$ on things for the whole family. I've booked an Illuminations Cruise.

I would have a completely different point of view if I was traveling with my parents and they were watching the kids, btw. Then, I'd have one or two date nights in a flash and just drag myself and DH out of bed for ropedrop!
Old 10-21-2012, 06:16 AM   #1377
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Hi kook and everyone else! Checked in yesterday and of course as usual I'm at my happy place. Yesterday was a quiet down day ... DH left very early in the morning while we were still at AKV .... my other happy place! DD and I had a wonderful lunch at Whispering Canyon then lots of pool time. Finished up with the Dessert Party ... I'm still full this morrning!!! DD left first thing this morning so I'm on my own for the next 5 days. Moving over to OKW tomorrow .... not to sure how I'll like it there but it's worth a try.

Typing this on my Kindle so that's it for now. Have a great day .... know I will!!!
Old 10-21-2012, 06:21 AM   #1378
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Hi kook and everyone else! Checked in yesterday and of course as usual I'm at my happy place. Yesterday was a quiet down day ... DH left very early in the morning while we were still at AKV .... my other happy place! DD and I had a wonderful lunch at Whispering Canyon then lots of pool time. Finished up with the Dessert Party ... I'm still full this morrning!!! DD left first thing this morning so I'm on my own for the next 5 days. Moving over to OKW tomorrow .... not to sure how I'll like it there but it's worth a try.

Typing this on my Kindle so that's it for now. Have a great day .... know I will!!!
WL is #1 in our hearts, but OKW is a very close 2nd. It is relaxing like WL. Enjoy your trip!
Old 10-21-2012, 06:33 AM   #1379
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
This!!! It was the filet with Yukon potatoes (which we subbed from another entree). It was delicious!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 10-21-2012, 08:04 AM   #1380
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

I'm staying at WL (Courtyard View) Nov 3-5 with my DBF. It will be my 10th time staying there and his first!! I can't wait to be "home" even if it's only for 2 nights After our last stay in June, my parents and I both agreed that being on the "Northside" is really great so I'm thinking of calling to request that but will be happy wherever we are!!!

Last edited by TinkerbellLuvr7; 10-21-2012 at 08:15 AM.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: