Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-17-2012, 01:06 PM   #1336
pas130
DIS Veteran
 
pas130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,216

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal View Post
Ok, let me get this straight. This is the trip where you are going to MVMCP, we're staying at Poly and thought about the Grand and are now at WL...

Between this thread and the rc one it took awhile for the connection


Yup, you got it
__________________

Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline  
Old 10-17-2012, 01:13 PM   #1337
dreamcruiser
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 297

Do any of you "regulars" know of any decent discounts (room only) for the WL in November? (this November!) I would really love a "spur of the moment" visit when the tree is up, and it seems like the WL is not getting much love as it pertains to good discounts.
I'm open as far as dates are concerned (midweek vs weekend). Based on past years, I assume that the tree will be up sometime between the 15th and the 20th. And, knowing the crowds around Thanksgiving, I would probably not choose to go that week, but the week after is fine.
dreamcruiser is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-17-2012, 01:52 PM   #1338
ericalynn1979
DIS Veteran
 
ericalynn1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 524

Question about shipping to the Lodge.

We are staying at WL for 2 nights before our Fantasy cruise (attending MVMCP one night).

Has anyone had items shipped to the Lodge? I need diapers/wipes, and the least expensive option is Walmart online. I've used Garden Grocer before but they don't carry our brand of diapers and I don't need extra grocery items since we're not going to be onsite that long.

Any recommendations? Tips/tricks?
__________________
ericalynn1979 is offline  
Old 10-17-2012, 02:18 PM   #1339
goofynut41
Disney Veteran
 
goofynut41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 437

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamcruiser View Post
Do any of you "regulars" know of any decent discounts (room only) for the WL in November? (this November!) I would really love a "spur of the moment" visit when the tree is up, and it seems like the WL is not getting much love as it pertains to good discounts.
I'm open as far as dates are concerned (midweek vs weekend). Based on past years, I assume that the tree will be up sometime between the 15th and the 20th. And, knowing the crowds around Thanksgiving, I would probably not choose to go that week, but the week after is fine.
Check on the Disneyworld website under specials, I think I saw one for 25 or 30% off but look and see..
__________________
1988 offsite, 1994 SOG, 1998 SOG, 2001 SOG, 2003 CS, 2005 SOG, 2006 SOG, 2007 SOG, 2009 JULY POR, 2009 DEC WL, 2010 AKL, 2011 SOG, 2013 SOG

goofynut41 is offline  
Old 10-17-2012, 03:02 PM   #1340
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamcruiser
Do any of you "regulars" know of any decent discounts (room only) for the WL in November? (this November!) I would really love a "spur of the moment" visit when the tree is up, and it seems like the WL is not getting much love as it pertains to good discounts.
I'm open as far as dates are concerned (midweek vs weekend). Based on past years, I assume that the tree will be up sometime between the 15th and the 20th. And, knowing the crowds around Thanksgiving, I would probably not choose to go that week, but the week after is fine.
I would think there would be something...I was calling to take dining off my package and ended up with 300- off the room...during Thanksgiving
__________________
Me DHDS19 DS15
DL Off-Site - 1968, 1980
WDW Off-Ste - 1972, 1984, 1989, 2002
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
DetTigsGal is offline  
Old 10-17-2012, 07:26 PM   #1341
CaliKT
Mouseketeer
 
CaliKT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 271

I'm so excited! I booked a Woods View Bunkbed Room back in July through my dear friend, who is a cast member. We got a great discount. At the time, the cast-member discounted dining plan was not available, but I was advised to try back in October.

Well, I called yesterday to ask if we could add it to our room, and... not only was I able to add the discounted dining plan (we're only doing quick service this time... with two little kids, we found it very hard to be tied to ADRs last trip), but....

Based on package availability, blah blah blah, I was able to book a COURTYARD bunkbed room for less money than my woods view was! WOOOO!!!!

But now I gotta ask... what sort of room request should I make? I am so excited for this trip, I can't stand it!
__________________
CaliKT is offline  
Old 10-18-2012, 04:42 AM   #1342
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 15,999

Quote:
Originally Posted by stpats317 View Post
37 days out from our first stay at WL. I am beyond excited!
Is this you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellebookworm9 View Post
It's actually rather funny, because this is the third time we've changed resorts for this trip. First it was CBR, then POFQ (where my mom really wants to stay), then I canceled that because it was made of multiple ressies and I wanted to re-book as one, except it disappeared from the CM discount availability. So we finally decided on WL after much price comparing and viewing tons of resort pics online. Mom decided the rooms were "calming". We literally decided this last night, based on the (apparently outdated) pics on allears. And then I found out the decor changed. Thankfully we're still okay with it, but I'm not changing the ressies again!

And I'm not positive about what view we want yet, but will probably end up requesting 3rd-5th floor (we do not want an enclosed balcony) on the wings (have heard rooms off the lobby can be noisy).
Well, if Mom liked the old rooms she should like the new rooms even more. The only thing that changed (and for the better) is the bedding, curtains, the walls are a lighter shade, the fabric on seating and the headboard has been replaced and the shower head and tile are new as well as the flooring. Not a drastic change, but all for the better - she'll love the fresher look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Freak56 View Post
We're less than 4 days out and I can hardly wait. Hubby has been working 14 hour days for weeks and he definitely needs this trip. Of course, it's only been 5 months since my last trip, but who's counting?

Our first night is in a studio at WLV and then we'll move to the Club Level in Lodge. It's been 10 years since I've done the Club Level so I'm pretty excited. Hubby has never stayed Club Level ever - so he is even more excited!!
DH is in for a very pleasant surprise with WL CL. He might change his 14-hour workdays for 14-hour lounge days

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaKay View Post
So excited. One week from tomorrow and we will be headed to Disney. We have moved up our departure time on Thursday so we added one night at All Star Sports. Decided to stay inexpensive Thursday night since we will be arriving around Midnight and checking out to head to the OFC at 7:00 a.m. on Friday, just in time for breakfast.
Sounds perfect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Ahem...are we still on the Lodger's Log???

Because in 28 days we will be leaving Pop to check in at WL
Great choice! I think the RC eraser got to your entry so I'll need your dates - again

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal View Post
We get there in 31 days !!! Yeah!
Yippee - just about a month now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NortheastDisneyMom View Post
Oh great, thanks, I didn't realize they had the bus going to MK as well. I just booked for early December. Will the tree be up in the lobby by the 7th?
The decorations start going up after the Halloween decorations come down - so around the first week of November.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Very cool!!!! I wasn't going to check in at OFC until later, but breakfast is a really good idea..the girls love fruit
We always do that and I timed it and it took us 4 minutes from our car at BLT to the port cochere at WL then DH had his pre-breakfast breakfast in the lounge while I checked in and off for breakfast at WCC we went

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaKay View Post
Your room may not be ready, but if you are like me, I have no problems letting bell services hold my luggage. I go over at 7:00 a.m when the OFC CM's officially go on duty, get my keys, grab breakfast and head to the park of the day.

I see no reason to pay for breakfast that morning when I can get yummy fresh cut pineapple (here is where I do not say for free since I really did pay for it).
That's the way to do it - great minds...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaKay View Post
Yes the tree should be up. I have been there the first weekend in Dec. before and it has always been up.

It is so beautiful. I think WDWKook the moderator of this thread has some beautiful pictures of it.






Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamcruiser View Post
Do any of you "regulars" know of any decent discounts (room only) for the WL in November? (this November!) I would really love a "spur of the moment" visit when the tree is up, and it seems like the WL is not getting much love as it pertains to good discounts.

I'm open as far as dates are concerned (midweek vs weekend). Based on past years, I assume that the tree will be up sometime between the 15th and the 20th. And, knowing the crowds around Thanksgiving, I would probably not choose to go that week, but the week after is fine.
There is also an AP rate at that time (30%) and a military rate (40%)

Fall Savings Offer

Save up to 25% on stays at select Disney resorts, most nights 11/1/12-11/3/12, 11/11/12-11/16/12, 11/24/12-12/1/12 and 12/10/12-12/22/12.

Save 25% at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort, Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort, Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside and Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort Cabins

Save 20% at Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort, Disney’s All-Star Music Resort and Disney’s Pop Century Resort

Save 15% at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort (Family Suite Rooms)

Save up to 20% on stays at select Disney resorts, most nights 11/4/12-11/10/12 and 12/2/12-12/9/12.

Save 20% at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort, Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort, Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside and Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort Cabins

Save 15% at Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort, Disney’s All-Star Music Resort and Disney’s Pop Century Resort

Save 5% at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort (Family Suite Rooms)

Save up to 30% on stays at select Disney resorts, most nights 11/1/12-11/3/12, 11/11/12-11/17/12, 11/24/12-12/1/12 and 12/10/12-12/22/12

Save 30% at Disney’s Yacht Club Resort, Disney’s Beach Club Resort, Disney’s Boardwalk Inn and Villas, Disney’s Polynesian Resort, Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge (Standard View Rooms & 1-Bedroom Villas at Kidani Village and Jambo House), Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa, Disney’s Old Key West Resort

Save 20% at Disney’s Contemporary Resort (excludes Magic Kingdom View), Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Resort and Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge (Club Level and 2-Bedroom Villas at Kidani Village and Jambo House)

Save up to 25% on stays at select Disney resorts, most nights 11/4/12-11/10/12 and 12/2/12-12/9/12

Save 25% at Disney’s Yacht Club Resort, Disney’s Beach Club Resort, Disney’s Boardwalk Inn and Villas, Disney’s Polynesian Resort, Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge (Standard View Rooms & 1-Bedroom Villas at Kidani Village and Jambo House), Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa, Disney’s Old Key West Resort

Save 15% at Disney’s Contemporary Resort (excludes Magic Kingdom View), Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Resort and Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge (Club Level and 2-Bedroom Villas at Kidani Village and Jambo House)

This is a room-only offer. If you would like to add full-price tickets (and optionally, a Dining Plan) to a room booked at these discounted rates, there is a package version of the offer.

Book by 10/31/12 for stays 11/1/12-12/22/12. Excludes 3-bedroom villas and is not valid at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort Little Mermaid standard rooms. Thanks to Small World Vacations for info.

To reserve a room with the Fall Savings Offer, call the Disney Reservations Center at (407) W-DISNEY or contact a travel agent who specializes in Disney travel, and request offer code G97.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ericalynn1979 View Post
Question about shipping to the Lodge.

We are staying at WL for 2 nights before our Fantasy cruise (attending MVMCP one night).

Has anyone had items shipped to the Lodge? I need diapers/wipes, and the least expensive option is Walmart online. I've used Garden Grocer before but they don't carry our brand of diapers and I don't need extra grocery items since we're not going to be onsite that long.

Any recommendations? Tips/tricks?
I haven't, but hopefully someone else will offer advice. You can also ship your own package.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofynut41 View Post
Check on the Disneyworld website under specials, I think I saw one for 25 or 30% off but look and see..


Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliKT View Post
I'm so excited! I booked a Woods View Bunkbed Room back in July through my dear friend, who is a cast member. We got a great discount. At the time, the cast-member discounted dining plan was not available, but I was advised to try back in October.

Well, I called yesterday to ask if we could add it to our room, and... not only was I able to add the discounted dining plan (we're only doing quick service this time... with two little kids, we found it very hard to be tied to ADRs last trip), but....

Based on package availability, blah blah blah, I was able to book a COURTYARD bunkbed room for less money than my woods view was! WOOOO!!!!

But now I gotta ask... what sort of room request should I make? I am so excited for this trip, I can't stand it!
Make sure that if you'd like an INNER or WL courtyard view room that you request that or your room might instead face toward VWL. The INNER or WL courtyard view is of Bay Lake, the geyser and the WL pool. Some also prefer a room on the 5th floor or lower to assure that they will not have a solid balcony railing so that they can see through the balcony while seated. Some of the 6th floor rooms and all of the CL rooms have railings that you can't see through.
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 10-18-2012, 06:51 AM   #1343
dreamcruiser
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 297

Thanks, KOOK. I had seen that one on the site, but thought I might have missed something better. I don't get why the WL and AKL are discounted less than the other deluxes, but it is probably because they cost less to begin with. It's still a chunk of change no matter how you look at it!

One thing I have not done is to call and see if there's a pin code attached to my name. Maybe that would be a better discount.
dreamcruiser is offline  
Old 10-18-2012, 07:12 AM   #1344
CaliKT
Mouseketeer
 
CaliKT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 271

Quote:
Make sure that if you'd like an INNER or WL courtyard view room that you request that or your room might instead face toward VWL. The INNER or WL courtyard view is of Bay Lake, the geyser and the WL pool. Some also prefer a room on the 5th floor or lower to assure that they will not have a solid balcony railing so that they can see through the balcony while seated. Some of the 6th floor rooms and all of the CL rooms have railings that you can't see through.
Thanks, KOOK. Any thoughts from any Lodgers about the noise level in the various courtyard rooms? The "bear face" rooms look awesome, but I wonder how noisy they are.
__________________
CaliKT is offline  
Old 10-18-2012, 07:41 AM   #1345
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 15,999

Smoky Portobello Mushroom Soup
Artist Point - Disney's Wilderness Lodge

Serves 8

Ingredients

6 each medium Portobello Mushrooms
3 each edium Smoked Portobello Mushrooms (see instructions)
1/2 cup sweet onions
1 cup Chardonnay
2 quarts heavy cream
24 ounces chicken broth
1 1/2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
1 1/4 cup White Roux (equal parts of butter & flour; cook slowly over low heat)
To taste Salt & pepper
Croutons
Chive oil (see recipe)
Roasted ****ake mushrooms (see recipe),
Chives cut for garnish
Sour Cream


Procedure:

Smoking Portobello mushrooms
* in a home smoker, place thick slices of Portobello mushrooms on the rack and cold smoke for one hour
* we use oak chips for our smoker

Chive Oil
1. Place 1 cup of light olive oil in a blender and add to that 1 cup of chives
2. Blend for 30 seconds and let rest for 1 hour.
3. Strain through a fine sieve.

Roasted Shiitake Mushrooms
1. Thinly slice 2 cups of Shiitake Mushrooms.
2. Toss with 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil and a little salt and pepper.
3. Place on a baking sheet and roast in the oven at 375 Fahrenheit until crispy and golden brown.
4. Cool and set aside.


Directions:

1. Clean the Portobellos by wiping them with a damp towel (do not
wash!). Remove the mushroom gills (the slats on the underside of the
caps).
2. Sauté the onions lightly (to sweat).
3. Add the unsmoked mushrooms to the onions.
4. Add the garlic when the mushrooms are almost cooked.
5. Add the smoked mushrooms.
6. Add the Chardonnay and reduce by half.
7. Add the chicken broth and bring to a simmer.
8. Place in a blender or food processor in batches.
9. Add the heavy cream slowly and continue to blend.
10. Season to taste.
11. Place the mixture back into the pot.
12. Add the Roux and let simmer for 20 minutes.
13. Serve hot and garnish with croutons and roasted Shiitake mushrooms,
a dollop of sour cream, drizzle with chive oil, and cut chives.


For those of you who may be searching for a specific recipe, please send them to info@magically-speaking.com. If you have any food photos, make sure to send them to the same address for our Foodie Pic of the Month pics!







Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamcruiser View Post
Thanks, KOOK. I had seen that one on the site, but thought I might have missed something better. I don't get why the WL and AKL are discounted less than the other deluxes, but it is probably because they cost less to begin with. It's still a chunk of change no matter how you look at it!

One thing I have not done is to call and see if there's a pin code attached to my name. Maybe that would be a better discount.
You're welcome. Yes, call and ask if there are any discounts or pins attached to your name - it's worth a try.

I've noticed limited or reduced general public discounts for WL since about the time the rehab started. I think Disney is looking more closely at occupancy levels in determining what, if any, discount will be offered. You can always book a room with one discount (or none) and add or switch to a different discount at a later date, as long as the new discount is applicable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliKT View Post
Thanks, KOOK. Any thoughts from any Lodgers about the noise level in the various courtyard rooms? The "bear face" rooms look awesome, but I wonder how noisy they are.
You're welcome, CaliKT. The North and South Wing rooms will have the same noise level from the pool area. There is a pool party in the late afternoon for a couple of hours and if your sliding glass door is open, the music and PA system is loud.

I've not stayed in a Bear Face room so I can't comment on the noise from WCC. I've only stayed in rooms in the South Wing on the CL floor that directly face out toward the courtyard, but they aren't off the lobby.
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 10-18-2012, 07:51 AM   #1346
pas130
DIS Veteran
 
pas130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,216

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericalynn1979 View Post
Question about shipping to the Lodge.

We are staying at WL for 2 nights before our Fantasy cruise (attending MVMCP one night).

Has anyone had items shipped to the Lodge? I need diapers/wipes, and the least expensive option is Walmart online. I've used Garden Grocer before but they don't carry our brand of diapers and I don't need extra grocery items since we're not going to be onsite that long.

Any recommendations? Tips/tricks?
Would it be cheaper to grab a cab to Walmart/Publix or even Goodings (which is expensive but close). Walmart shipping is cheap though..I know the WL would hold the package for you. Most WDW stores only carry Huggies from what I've seen...Your kids are adorable by the way
__________________

Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline  
Old 10-18-2012, 07:54 AM   #1347
pas130
DIS Veteran
 
pas130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,216

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
We always do that and I timed it and it took us 4 minutes from our car at BLT to the port cochere at WL then DH had his pre-breakfast breakfast in the lounge while I checked in and off for breakfast at WCC we went


That's the way to do it - great minds...
We are doing Pop the first night, then Nov 14-16th WL

After conferring with the we will be arriving bright and early for cereal, fruit and mini muffins
__________________

Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline  
Old 10-18-2012, 09:10 AM   #1348
ericalynn1979
DIS Veteran
 
ericalynn1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 524

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Would it be cheaper to grab a cab to Walmart/Publix or even Goodings (which is expensive but close). Walmart shipping is cheap though..I know the WL would hold the package for you. Most WDW stores only carry Huggies from what I've seen...Your kids are adorable by the way
Thanks! I can actually get free shipping from WM, so it would be the absolute cheapest option, since I would have to pay to get a cab (and take the time out of our time with the kids since we're not hauling car seats) or pay to ship my own box. I need enough diapers to get me through a week on the Fantasy, so I'm thinking the WM order is still my best option.
__________________
ericalynn1979 is offline  
Old 10-18-2012, 09:50 AM   #1349
pas130
DIS Veteran
 
pas130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,216

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericalynn1979 View Post
Thanks! I can actually get free shipping from WM, so it would be the absolute cheapest option, since I would have to pay to get a cab (and take the time out of our time with the kids since we're not hauling car seats) or pay to ship my own box. I need enough diapers to get me through a week on the Fantasy, so I'm thinking the WM order is still my best option.
Free shipping..perfect!!! Walmart it is then
__________________

Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline  
Old 10-18-2012, 12:26 PM   #1350
chimo2u
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 2,677

Question Deluxe WL CL rooms?

Quick ?? Does the WL offer Deluxe CL rooms that are larger like the BWI DLX rooms?? I need sleeping areas for 4 people -- 2 together (DH and I) and 2 seperate (another Queen Bed and a sofa/pullout bed) is this sleeping configuration available at WL??
Thanks
__________________
Thanks Kook


Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
chimo2u is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:25 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: