Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 11:34 AM   #1291
sheri236
Mouseketeer

hi!! 10 days!! does anyone know how late the trout pass pool bar is open in october?? hoping to enjoy a couple of drinks while the kids swim and watch the movie under the stars!!
Old 10-15-2012, 11:47 AM   #1292
skriegerjr
Monorail Maven

Travel docs arrived today! 26 days left!

Sent from my HTC HERO CM7.1 using the DISBoards App

"Any review by me is based on my own personal experience and isn't necessarily indicative of similar experiences in the future, for myself or for other guests. Please use the review at your own risk, and know that it is worth exactly what you paid for it..."

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-15-2012, 11:59 AM   #1293
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Here is the link to the October Activities flyer. However, it notes that there is a separate Halloween flyer, but it was not posted.
Thank you, thank you! I will see if I can get my hands on the Halloween flyer this weekend while we are there.

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 10-15-2012, 12:10 PM   #1294
sheri236
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skriegerjr View Post

its funny you should mention that!!! we leave in 10 days and our travel docs haven't arrived yet according to our aaa travel agent! I'm getting kind of aggrevated with the situation. she acts like this is normal when I know its not!!
Old 10-15-2012, 01:54 PM   #1295
VbChristy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheri236 View Post
its funny you should mention that!!! we leave in 10 days and our travel docs haven't arrived yet according to our aaa travel agent! I'm getting kind of aggrevated with the situation. she acts like this is normal when I know its not!!
Yea, unless you made a change to the documents recently, or were delayed in getting in the Magical Express information, your documents should be in... I just received documents for someone going over Thanksgiving! I would have your agent call and confirm that they are coming...
Old 10-15-2012, 01:56 PM   #1296
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaMagsMom View Post
Thanks Kook for the info! My girls love the pool parties. Only 16 more days
You're welcome and I think your girls will have a great time. The kids are kept busy and even the parents get in on the fun sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvallprincesses View Post
Thanks for the thorough Den's Club info, Kook! I knew about the pool activities, but the indoor crafts, etc. will be a nice downtime option for DD11 (and myself) while her little brother (and certainly DH) take an afternoon nap, especially if the weather isn't cooperating for outdoor activities.

Next question: Are we able to purchase MVMCP tickets the day of the party (if there is still availability) at the concierge? The day we would like to go to the party, we plan on spending the day at AK rather than MK so we wouldn't be at MK to see if it is still available to buy the tickets. (We don't want to go if it is sold out, or if the weather isn't good so we are not purchasing ahead of time.)
I've never done it, but I would think you would be able to purchase them. Hopefully, someone who has actually done it will verify.

Just so I haven't misled you, while the Cub's Den accepts children up to 12, the free activities might be geared more toward the younger kids. There is a lot of coloring, gluing, etc... I just don't want you to think they're like the activities they have at AKL, for example, where you pay to paint pottery or at BLT/CR where you can pay to make tie dye shirts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcaboose View Post
We spilled the beans to our kids via a scavenger hunt, and their reaction was priceless.
I showed them the pictures of the WL, and their jaws hit the floor - "It's like a huge mansion!!!" They started exploring the Disney website, and so far want to go on EVERYTHING.

Friday can't come soon enough.
Oh, that is so sweet. Just imagine when they see it in person - they may never get to all those rides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macavity View Post
Online check-in tomorrow.... Why does time seem to be c-r-a-w-l-i-n-g?
It won't crawl once you arrive. Say hello to everyone at the OFC for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by yolie912 View Post
So as you already know we don't have the CL for our last nite. My hubby will talk to CL as you suggested. I was asking him last nite where did he book us and he said the POP Century because he always wanted to try out that place. Do you think it will be very disappointing after being at CL the week before?
Should I tell him to get a regular room at the WL? What do you guys think of POP?

Thanks again!!
Quote:
Has anyone stayed at POP before? How do you like it?
I haven't stayed at a Value, but I would imagine it would be a harder transition going from a Deluxe to a Value than the other way around. You'll be going from queen beds to doubles and from interior rooms to exterior and you won't have any boats. But, it's only for one night and it will be less money.

Since no one has answered your question about Pop yet, may I recommend you check-out the wonderful Pop Century thread which is managed by my good friend, Janet B. Her groovy thread is located HERE. Just tell her the KOOK sent you and she'll take good care of you

Quote:
hi!! 10 days!! does anyone know how late the trout pass pool bar is open in october?? hoping to enjoy a couple of drinks while the kids swim and watch the movie under the stars!!
I believe they serve till around 8 most nights so if you grab some drinks right before the show starts at 8, you should be good to go. They also sell adult beverages at the Mercantile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skriegerjr View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Thank you, thank you! I will see if I can get my hands on the Halloween flyer this weekend while we are there.
That would be great

Quote:
That's frustrating. The TA should call them if they aren't received in a few days. Maybe they arrived today
Old 10-15-2012, 02:02 PM   #1297
dreamcruiser
Mouseketeer

Quote:
So as you already know we don't have the CL for our last nite. My hubby will talk to CL as you suggested. I was asking him last nite where did he book us and he said the POP Century because he always wanted to try out that place. Do you think it will be very disappointing after being at CL the week before?
Should I tell him to get a regular room at the WL? What do you guys think of POP?

Thanks again!!
If it were me, I'd just get the reg. room at the WL. Last month, we went from CL at the GF, to "trying out" the Little Mermaid rooms at the AofA because it was new. I won't do that again!! Even the cuteness factor of the LM rooms didn't make up for the step down from deluxe to value!
Old 10-15-2012, 02:31 PM   #1298
yolie912
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamcruiser View Post
If it were me, I'd just get the reg. room at the WL. Last month, we went from CL at the GF, to "trying out" the Little Mermaid rooms at the AofA because it was new. I won't do that again!! Even the cuteness factor of the LM rooms didn't make up for the step down from deluxe to value!
Wow! really that hard,huh? I am still deciding....I am going to talk to my hubby today. Lets see what he says. Also if I check out from WL and to a regular room can I still use the CL just for that day ofcourse. I heard someone say you can use resort amenities until midnight. Is that so?

WDWKook- You are awesome! Great advise and you really know Disney!
Old 10-15-2012, 02:43 PM   #1299
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamcruiser View Post
Me, too. Did you stay RPC or Sugarloaf? Not that one or the other would make that transition any 'easier.' How long did you stay at AoA?

Quote:
Wow! really that hard,huh? I am still deciding....I am going to talk to my hubby today. Lets see what he says. Also if I check out from WL and to a regular room can I still use the CL just for that day ofcourse. I heard someone say you can use resort amenities until midnight. Is that so?

WDWKook- You are awesome! Great advise and you really know Disney!
Awww, thank you, yolie912. Yes, that's true that you can use the CL lounge until 10 PM (when it closes) of your check-out day, however, it technically wouldn't be your check-out day, it's your check-out and check-back-in day, so I'm not sure how that would work. You are checking-out of CL, but then you're checking right back in to a non-CL room. Have you still been checking everyday for availability? Is there any other Deluxe you've ever wanted to try? That might be an easier transition than CL to Value, but again, we're only talking one night.
Old 10-15-2012, 02:48 PM   #1300
yolie912
DIS Veteran

Ok. I called and they said yes, i can use it. I haven't thought about it ...what other Deluxe do you recommend?
Old 10-15-2012, 03:33 PM   #1301
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Ok. I called and they said yes, i can use it. I haven't thought about it ...what other Deluxe do you recommend?
Well that's pretty darn perfect then, you check-out of your CL room and into a Standard room and you'll still have lounge access till 10. The next day, you just grab breakfast at RF or WC.

If you wanted to switch to another Deluxe for one night outside of the MK resort area, I would recommend BWI/YC which is within walking distance to DHS and Epcot or AKL. Within the MK resort area, I would recommend CR, especially the Tower. Or you could even stay in the FW area and try a cabin, which is in the Moderate category. It has a bedroom with a double bed and bunks and a Murphy Bed in the living room and a kitchen. Sort of a compromise between Pop and a Deluxe. Have you checked-out the Pop thread yet?
Old 10-15-2012, 04:08 PM   #1302
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Mickey Mail came today...we arrive on Nov 18th
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
Old 10-15-2012, 04:11 PM   #1303
yolie912
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Well that's pretty darn perfect then, you check-out of your CL room and into a Standard room and you'll still have lounge access till 10. The next day, you just grab breakfast at RF or WC.

If you wanted to switch to another Deluxe for one night outside of the MK resort area, I would recommend BWI/YC which is within walking distance to DHS and Epcot or AKL. Within the MK resort area, I would recommend CR, especially the Tower. Or you could even stay in the FW area and try a cabin, which is in the Moderate category. It has a bedroom with a double bed and bunks and a Murphy Bed in the living room and a kitchen. Sort of a compromise between Pop and a Deluxe. Have you checked-out the Pop thread yet?
Yes, that's a good idea in regards to breakfast at RF or even WC.
By that time I would want a hot breakfast being that CL
Only has continental. Yes, I checked out the POP thread very informative.
When hubby gets home tonight I will tell him to get
The room with bunk beds. lets see what he says...
Old 10-15-2012, 08:53 PM   #1304
nikki7680
Mouseketeer

Just booked!!! September 14 for 7 nights. Woods view! We were torn between WL and Poly but WL just seemed like the better deal! Only 333 more days!! Lol!!

Take Me To My Happy Place! September 2014 PTR
Old 10-15-2012, 11:52 PM   #1305
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki7680
Just booked!!! September 14 for 7 nights. Woods view! We were torn between WL and Poly but WL just seemed like the better deal! Only 333 more days!! Lol!!
Congratulations! We love WL and find it to be a wonderful value and a beautiful place to go home to each day. That is an awesome time of year, and we hope to be there then too!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: