Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-06-2012, 09:12 AM   #106
pas130
DIS Veteran
 
pas130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,019

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaKay View Post
I am sure it is here somewhere, but does someone readily have the link to the movie schedule for the WL.
Page 1 post 9...not that I am memorizing the thread or anything
__________________

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline  
Old 08-06-2012, 09:22 AM   #107
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!
 
TaraPA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Posts: 16,102

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
3 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3 days to go & no resort changing anymore! Woo hoo!!

By the way, how close to a trip was your closest ever resort change??

I will be living vicariously through you on your vacation. Will you be able to check in & give us any pics or reports while you're there?
__________________



Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
[/SIZE]
TaraPA is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-06-2012, 09:25 AM   #108
pas130
DIS Veteran
 
pas130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,019

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
3 days to go & no resort changing anymore! Woo hoo!!

By the way, how close to a trip was your closest ever resort change??

I will be living vicariously through you on your vacation. Will you be able to check in & give us any pics or reports while you're there?
Ahem...I have changed the day before...HOWEVER, not to be outdone by Kook's check-in changeroo

I do believe I have set a record for the longest stretch without a change (I hope I didn't just jinx myself)

I will be texting Kook pics...since I have an ancient phone


Hope she doesn't mind the midnight arrival text.....(JK, I'll wait until morning)
__________________

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline  
Old 08-06-2012, 09:44 AM   #109
Miffy
DIS Veteran
 
Miffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: New York City
Posts: 1,019

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
By the way, how close to a trip was your closest ever resort change??
I changed once during the trip!
__________________
--miffy--
Miffy is offline  
Old 08-06-2012, 09:47 AM   #110
pas130
DIS Veteran
 
pas130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miffy View Post
I changed once during the trip!
__________________

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline  
Old 08-06-2012, 10:57 AM   #111
PrincessesX3
Mouseketeer
 
PrincessesX3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 320

Our stay

We are at WL aug. 18-28.
It seems there are a couple of us staying the same time.
__________________
DHMe:DD:7DD:7DD:4

PrincessesX3 is offline  
Old 08-06-2012, 11:20 AM   #112
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran
 
Grumpy Grandma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: SACRAMENTO CA
Posts: 3,289

Just thought I'd wander by and say "howdy" to all my WL friends. Jeanette only 3 more days!!! kook can you add me to the list? I'll be there Oct 20th & 21st for part of my crazy split stay trip! TARAPA maybe I'll run into you sitting in a rocker or out by the pool! It'll be so good to be "home".
__________________
Grumpy Grandma is offline  
Old 08-06-2012, 12:15 PM   #113
LuvGoldens
Mouseketeer
 
LuvGoldens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 94

Our dates for the Log are September 18-29, first time to WL!

Looking forward to hearing all about the stays of those going before us to get us through the next 6 weeks.
__________________
Me DH Kiwi
Wilderness Lodge September 18-29, 2012
Disney Dream 4 nt cruise, April 28, 2013
Wilderness Lodge Sept 8-16, 2013
Disney Magic 7 nt Mediterranean, May 31, 2014

Last edited by LuvGoldens; 08-06-2012 at 12:34 PM.
LuvGoldens is offline  
Old 08-06-2012, 02:23 PM   #114
sheri236
Mouseketeer
 
sheri236's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: delmont, pa
Posts: 455

please add us to the log too!! oct 25-30. counting the days!!
__________________
sheri236 is offline  
Old 08-06-2012, 02:47 PM   #115
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?
 
Kathymford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: 25 miles from DLR
Posts: 1,673

Add me! Add me! Sept 15 - 19 at the lodge, the rest is at BWV.

There really are quite a few of us at the same time. That's exciting.
__________________
Kathymford is offline  
Old 08-06-2012, 03:17 PM   #116
cmdg
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 281

Right now we are booked in a club level deluxe room at the WL next summer. We can afford it, but are going back and forth over whether it is worth all that money (which could go towards a new vacation!) or not.

Our options are:
1. Stick with the deluxe room, the extra room will be great and allow our 3 year old to sleep while we watch tv and talk (he is the lightest sleeper ever. it's unbelievable.).

2. Book two adjoining rooms at WL and hope for a discount. If there isn't one, just keep one of the rooms.

3. Book a cabin at Ft. Wilderness or Poly. I'd need to be convinced on this one bc we don't remember the pool being nearly as great as the WL pool (we have pool time each afternoon) and we love the poly and know it has bigger rooms, but we really love the lodge!
__________________
2005 SSR, 2006 VWL, 2007 VWL, 2008 Poly honeymoon, 2009 CL Deluxe Room WL anniversary trip, 2013... first family vacation
cmdg is offline  
Old 08-06-2012, 03:54 PM   #117
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!
 
TaraPA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Posts: 16,102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Just thought I'd wander by and say "howdy" to all my WL friends. Jeanette only 3 more days!!! kook can you add me to the list? I'll be there Oct 20th & 21st for part of my crazy split stay trip! TARAPA maybe I'll run into you sitting in a rocker or out by the pool! It'll be so good to be "home".
Hi Linda! Yes we will have to make plans to meet up one day!
__________________



Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
[/SIZE]
TaraPA is offline  
Old 08-06-2012, 04:17 PM   #118
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran
 
mickeynut1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 14,150

Quote:
Originally Posted by scanne View Post
Here at WL
now and wish there was a bounce back in our room....is there a way to ask about an offer? I am loving every moment at WL and don't want to leave. If there was a bounce back, that would make it easier to handle....
You can call 8844 from your room .

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdg View Post
Right now we are booked in a club level deluxe room at the WL next summer. We can afford it, but are going back and forth over whether it is worth all that money (which could go towards a new vacation!) or not.

Our options are:
1. Stick with the deluxe room, the extra room will be great and allow our 3 year old to sleep while we watch tv and talk (he is the lightest sleeper ever. it's unbelievable.).

2. Book two adjoining rooms at WL and hope for a discount. If there isn't one, just keep one of the rooms.

3. Book a cabin at Ft. Wilderness or Poly. I'd need to be convinced on this one bc we don't remember the pool being nearly as great as the WL pool (we have pool time each afternoon) and we love the poly and know it has bigger rooms, but we really love the lodge!
We've never stayed in a deluxe room, but having researched them, they do provide quite a bit more space. With that said, if having the other room for your 3 year old to sleep is an important part of your trip, I would stick with it. The only issue I would have with 2 adjoining rooms (or did you mean connecting with a door between them that could be left open?) is they are not guaranteed and if it were me, I wouldn't want to take the chance of not getting them. We love the WL, but the Poly has a slight edge for us as the rooms are much larger and all rooms come with a daybed, which comes in handy for us with having 2 older teens. If the Poly really isn't an option for you if you really love the WL more, I'd stick with the deluxe room. Good luck .
__________________


Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is online now  
Old 08-06-2012, 04:31 PM   #119
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 15,778

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
I'm Here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry so late, can I use work as an excuse
You can always use work as an excuse. Thank you for coming over here - it's great having you anytime

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Thank you for including me
It wouldn't be the same without you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
OMG Kook....love the Log..."TaraPA (gets the bunk) PrincessAlways (gets the queen)....I am definitely taking pics of us in our respective beds to post when we get back!!!
I love it and can't wait to see those photos, Tara. Your roomies have no idea what's in store for them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miffy View Post
Just stay away from the cupcakes. I don't want them to run out before I get there!
You mean, this one perhaps?



Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbDave View Post
WL looks so cool on Google Earth...

Anyone know how to do a screen capture then post it?
Those WDW overhead images are great. You can right click your mouse to "copy image address" and then post. I have one overhead image posted on the first page, but some others are copyrighted so I wouldn't post them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeCantWait View Post
Thanks for the new thread! 22 days until we are checking in at the WL! Can't wait!
My pleasure, WeCantWait and BTW, perfect screen name

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLodgeLady View Post
Happy Sunday all!!

Wow, miss a day and we're already on page 6 .

Did some clothes shopping yesterday, Florida tax free day. Even though we don't have kids, we benefited by buying new things for us, lol. Lots of savings and sales.
Don't you wish you could use your AP everywhere? Hope to see you in one of your nifty, new outfits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eacosper View Post
I'm in! We are going from 9/5-9/11!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
I think this is a WONDERFUL idea!!!

If you start it up, please add TaraPA and PrincessAlways for 10/17-21!!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Just thought I'd wander by and say "howdy" to all my WL friends. Jeanette only 3 more days!!! kook can you add me to the list? I'll be there Oct 20th & 21st for part of my crazy split stay trip! TARAPA maybe I'll run into you sitting in a rocker or out by the pool! It'll be so good to be "home".
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvGoldens View Post
Our dates for the Log are September 18-29, first time to WL!

Looking forward to hearing all about the stays of those going before us to get us through the next 6 weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymac123 View Post
You can post our stay, Sept 17th - 25th
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieT3 View Post
I'd love to be added...September 22-30. Can't wait!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessesX3 View Post
We are at WL aug. 18-28.
It seems there are a couple of us staying the same time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeCantWait View Post
Thanks, please add us.....8/27-9/4.
Quote:
Originally Posted by midge3426 View Post
What fun!!!!!
Please include us on the log. We will be there CL from 9/8 until 9/15 and we are super exccited.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Villains_Rock View Post
Please add us too...9/2-9/7
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliKT View Post
You can add me, too! We'll be there from 12/8 - 12/14.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheri236 View Post
please add us to the log too!! oct 25-30. counting the days!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathymford View Post
Add me! Add me! Sept 15 - 19 at the lodge, the rest is at BWV.

There really are quite a few of us at the same time. That's exciting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StEpHandMiKe<3Disney View Post
I'd love to be added to the log! DH and I will be at the WL Sept 29 - Oct 7, I'm so excited!!!!!!!!
The dark deed you have all requested has been done...


Quote:
Originally Posted by scanne View Post
Here at WL
now and wish there was a bounce back in our room....is there a way to ask about an offer? I am loving every moment at WL and don't want to leave. If there was a bounce back, that would make it easier to handle....
To check if there is a current BB offer, call EXT 8844. This was from April:








Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
3 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You CAN keep this reservation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaKay View Post
Thanks Kook for the new thread!

Can you add me WL/CL October 26- November 2
You're welcome and it's great to have you 'home.'
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljcrochet View Post
Thanks for the great info. We are checking in to a one bedroom Villa at WL in 16 days.
I love that you had a picture of the boat with its closing time. I was starting to worry about how we where going to get back to WL for dinner at California Grill our first night. hopefully dinner won't take over 2 hours and we will be fine taking the boat back.
We have CA Grill booked our first night, too. I just love their sushi and those amazing views! Have you eaten there before?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrabbyPatty View Post
Hi - add us to the list. We'll be there 8/26 - 9/1/12 for our first stay at WL and we are looking forward to a great time!

Quick question - I had posted earlier (on the last thread) about mail delivery. I had read perhaps here (or other posts) that one should use UPS or FedEx rather than USPS for packages (since the USPS items go to a central location and are then sorted and delivered to each hotel). However, if I do use USPS (I have a few things that I want to send down in one of the Flat Rate Priority boxes), how far in advance should I send the package (takes 2-3 days for delivery) so there is enough time for it to get to WL? Thanks!
The rule of thumb I have read for all resorts is to ship at least 7 days prior to your arrival date. Make sure your reservation number and dates are on the package. I hope you have a fantastic first stay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Page 1 post 9...not that I am memorizing the thread or anything
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Ahem...I have changed the day before...HOWEVER, not to be outdone by Kook's check-in changeroo

I do believe I have set a record for the longest stretch without a change (I hope I didn't just jinx myself)

I will be texting Kook pics...since I have an ancient phone


Hope she doesn't mind the midnight arrival text.....(JK, I'll wait until morning)
Do you really think I have my phone on then? Maybe you should email the photos to me so I can more easily upload them to PB for you. Oh, and stop jinxing yourself!

Oh come on, you had a big change when you checked-in to RPC with DH - they (involuntarily) moved you waaaaaay over to the YC. At least you weren't near the bilge



Quote:
Originally Posted by Miffy View Post
I changed once during the trip!
Ooooo, do tell







Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdg View Post
Right now we are booked in a club level deluxe room at the WL next summer. We can afford it, but are going back and forth over whether it is worth all that money (which could go towards a new vacation!) or not.

Our options are:
1. Stick with the deluxe room, the extra room will be great and allow our 3 year old to sleep while we watch tv and talk (he is the lightest sleeper ever. it's unbelievable.).

2. Book two adjoining rooms at WL and hope for a discount. If there isn't one, just keep one of the rooms.

3. Book a cabin at Ft. Wilderness or Poly. I'd need to be convinced on this one bc we don't remember the pool being nearly as great as the WL pool (we have pool time each afternoon) and we love the poly and know it has bigger rooms, but we really love the lodge!
Welcome to the thread!

1. Do you mind that your room won't be on the 7th floor where the lounge is located? The Deluxe rooms are located on floors 1-6 only. I think though that it would be great to have the sleeper sofa and TV area for your DS.

2. Are you booking two adjoining rooms for only 2 adults and one child? Do you need two bathrooms? This would be a nice choice if you needed to be on the CL floor, but each reservation would need to be in at least one adult's name.

3. A room at the Poly would have more square footage, but it wouldn't afford you anymore privacy than one STD room anywhere else. However, a FW Cabin would have a room with a door with a double bed and bunks and the Murphy bed is in the living room. But, both the Murphy bed and the bed in the bedroom are only doubles. There is also very little storage space/drawers in the cabin, but they are priced far less than a Deluxe room at WL, but of course, there are no CL amenities.

Have you also considered a one bedroom villa instead of a cabin? They have queen beds, a separate bedroom with whirlpool tub, a sleeper for your son in the living room, two TVs... The new AoA Family Suites also have a bedroom and two separate sleeping areas outside of the bedroom.

Let us know what you end up doing! Sorry if I've confused you more. I really like your Deluxe room idea - they are very nice with beautiful balconies and views, but I've never seen them discounted at WL
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 08-06-2012, 04:42 PM   #120
cmdg
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 281

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Welcome to the thread!

1. Do you mind that your room won't be on the 7th floor where the lounge is located? The Deluxe rooms are located on floors 1-6 only. I think though that it would be great to have the sleeper sofa and TV area for your DS.

2. Are you booking two adjoining rooms for only 2 adults and one child? Do you need two bathrooms? This would be a nice choice if you needed to be on the CL floor, but each reservation would need to be in at least one adult's name.

3. A room at the Poly would have more square footage, but it wouldn't afford you anymore privacy than one STD room anywhere else. However, a FW Cabin would have a room with a door with a double bed and bunks and the Murphy bed is in the living room. But, both the Murphy bed and the bed in the bedroom are only doubles. There is also very little storage space/drawers in the cabin, but they are priced far less than a Deluxe room at WL, but of course, there are no CL amenities.

Have you also considered a one bedroom villa instead of a cabin? They have queen beds, a separate bedroom with whirlpool tub, a sleeper for your son in the living room, two TVs... The new AoA Family Suites also have a bedroom and two separate sleeping area outside of the bedroom.

Let us know what you end up doing! Sorry if I've confused you more. I really like your Deluxe room idea - they are very nice with beautiful balconies and views, but I've never seen them discounted at WL
Thanks! We wouldn't mind not being on the 7th floor -- we stayed in a deluxe room a few years ago (a magical upgrade!) and the walk wasn't bad.

Cast members are giving me different stories about connecting (not adjoining, sorry!) rooms. One said that we would be guaranteed connecting since there is a minor and then another told me the opposite.

Good point about the Ft. Wilderness beds... that is out for us. My family will be staying there so we like the idea of WL being closer to Ft. Wilderness. We did look into the villas but they're not available yet and wouldn't save a ton over getting club level. DH and I definitely want to feel like we are on vacation too and able to enjoy the time after our DS goes to bed, but the $1600-$2000 savings for a non-deluxe room is just looming over us!
__________________
2005 SSR, 2006 VWL, 2007 VWL, 2008 Poly honeymoon, 2009 CL Deluxe Room WL anniversary trip, 2013... first family vacation
cmdg is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:21 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: