Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2012, 01:56 PM   #1171
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Yes, DD13 is a freshman and has discovered that she's not a fan of geometry so I'm glad DH was
LOL on the geometry .....good thing your DH is good with it in case DD needs help . I told my two at the beginning of their geometry years that they were on their own as I would be of NO help whatsoever (and neither would Dad) .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 10-06-2012, 02:30 PM   #1172
RedfromNL
Mouseketeer

Quote:

What an exciting trip! Can't wait to hear what you think of the QE2 and trains. Have you thought about taking the QE2 back from NY to the UK? I guess that would be much more than the one-way flight.

We actually would consider taking it both to and from NY. It's such a wonderfull way to travel. Alas that's just not possible. It takes a week for the one-way crossing and sometimes the Queen Mary 2 makes a trip to scandinavia or something like that in between transatlantic crossings.
So we'll just have to take the plane back.

At least this way we get 25-hour days! From NY to the UK you get 23-hour days. they divide the timedifference over the days instead of all in one go.

We did it last year from the UK to NY, aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh, what a ship!!
Theatre, planetarium, music, lectures, afternoon tea, spa, library, great food.

It does mean more luggage, since it is customary on the QM2 that you change for dinner. But thats part of the fun for us

Now we need to:
choose how to get to southampton, book the train(s),book the WL, decide where to eat at WDW.....
Mmmmm, planning a holiday is half the fun!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-06-2012, 07:54 PM   #1173
mykidsrock76
Mouseketeer

Just booked our first stay at WL for September 2013! Yay!!!

2001- All Star Music
Jan 2007- POP Century
Dec 2007- Cruise to Caribbean
Dec 2008- Another Cruise
Nov 2009- Port Orleans Riverside
Sep 2012- Polynesian (our first deluxe!!! )
Sep 2013- Wilderness Lodge

Old 10-06-2012, 07:56 PM   #1174
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

What an incredibly amazing adventure you will have!

Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

Old 10-06-2012, 07:58 PM   #1175
DisneyFEB2013
Mouseketeer

Thanks for everyone's advice about upgrading to the Wilderness Lodge. We are excited about our first trip to Disney and staying there.

I called Disney for the 5000th time this afternoon and upgraded to a woods view with bunkbeds. We were struggling with paying $550 for bunks, but I know the kids (7 and 4) will LOVE the bunks. I have wanted to stay at WL since the start of planning our vacation and I am happy my DH finally agreed with me!

119 more days till our first Disney vacation!!

Last edited by DisneyFEB2013; 10-06-2012 at 07:59 PM. Reason: typo
Old 10-06-2012, 08:09 PM   #1176
HubbDave
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are - BB
I do love pics of defunct and abandoned Parks

I was licking the screen at the pineapple cupcake.

Is that normal?
Old 10-06-2012, 08:24 PM   #1177
hbr03
Earning My Ears

Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! We're here!!! I almost cried walking in and again when the CM gave our room number... Exactly where I really really hoped we would be. We're in 6165. GC, did your family have it, too? It's at the very end before the outer facing junior suites.
Portofino Bay & 1st visit to Diagon Alley ~ October 2014
Wilderness Lodge & MNSSHP ~ October 2014

Old 10-06-2012, 08:56 PM   #1178
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
LOL on the geometry .....good thing your DH is good with it in case DD needs help . I told my two at the beginning of their geometry years that they were on their own as I would be of NO help whatsoever (and neither would Dad) .
Thanks for the laugh, mickeynut1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedfromNL View Post
We actually would consider taking it both to and from NY. It's such a wonderfull way to travel. Alas that's just not possible. It takes a week for the one-way crossing and sometimes the Queen Mary 2 makes a trip to scandinavia or something like that in between transatlantic crossings.
So we'll just have to take the plane back.

At least this way we get 25-hour days! From NY to the UK you get 23-hour days. they divide the timedifference over the days instead of all in one go.

We did it last year from the UK to NY, aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh, what a ship!!
Theatre, planetarium, music, lectures, afternoon tea, spa, library, great food.

It does mean more luggage, since it is customary on the QM2 that you change for dinner. But thats part of the fun for us

Now we need to:
choose how to get to southampton, book the train(s),book the WL, decide where to eat at WDW.....
Mmmmm, planning a holiday is half the fun!
Yes, the planning is half the fun and you have much planning to do. Do they still have the kennels on the QE2 or was that just on the QE? Please keep us posted on your planning

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykidsrock76 View Post
Congratulations and

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFEB2013 View Post
Thanks for everyone's advice about upgrading to the Wilderness Lodge. We are excited about our first trip to Disney and staying there.

I called Disney for the 5000th time this afternoon and upgraded to a woods view with bunkbeds. We were struggling with paying $550 for bunks, but I know the kids (7 and 4) will LOVE the bunks. I have wanted to stay at WL since the start of planning our vacation and I am happy my DH finally agreed with me!

I think your kids will love the bunks and their ages are perfect for them. Are you going to keep the bunk a surprise? Don't forget that you're also getting a better view and if you divide out the upgrade cost, it's probably not that much more per day/per person - just another way to look at it so it doesn't seem as bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbDave View Post
I was licking the screen at the pineapple cupcake.

Is that normal?
For you or in general?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbr03 View Post
Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! We're here!!! I almost cried walking in and again when the CM gave our room number... Exactly where I really really hoped we would be. We're in 6165. GC, did your family have it, too? It's at the very end before the outer facing junior suites.
You're there - yippee!! I'm so glad you're happy with your room - enjoy your vacation. Where are you dining tomorrow?
Old 10-06-2012, 10:30 PM   #1179
hbr03
Earning My Ears

Kook, we ate at Roaring Forks tonight. I chose the Wilderness Salad to offset the brownie, S'mores and Chocolate Caramel cupcakes we shared. Tomorrow is AK and a dinner ADR at 1900 Park Fare. We need sleep, but our ME luggage hasn't arrived post-4 hours...
Portofino Bay & 1st visit to Diagon Alley ~ October 2014
Wilderness Lodge & MNSSHP ~ October 2014

Old 10-06-2012, 11:00 PM   #1180
DisneyFEB2013
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I think your kids will love the bunks and their ages are perfect for them. Are you going to keep the bunk a surprise? Don't forget that you're also getting a better view and if you divide out the upgrade cost, it's probably not that much more per day/per person - just another way to look at it so it doesn't seem as bad.
Actually, we aren't telling them about the trip until we hit the Orlando airport. DH would like to wait until they see the WDW sign, but I think they will clue in when we get on the Magic Express. We are telling them we are going to see Grandma in another state. I am so excited....I can hardly wait. The bunks will be a huge surprise for them too!!

We are going on the Pirate cruise the day after we arrive for Wishes. Everything is going to be a surprise. I think that is part of the magic.

I love reading this thread. Thanks for all the great info!
Old 10-07-2012, 02:14 AM   #1181
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

So we just got back a couple of weeks ago, so of course I'm planning our 2013 trip...of course, there wasn't supposed to be one, but let's not focus on the silly!

I was toying with going for Christmas decorations this time around, but couldn't decide between early Nov and early Dec. And then I had an epiphany! Dec 7, 2013 will be DBF and my 10th anniversary..... I think that just made my decision!!

That's early enough in Dec to not be too crazy crowded right?
Old 10-07-2012, 09:07 AM   #1182
EmmaMagsMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbr03
Kook, we ate at Roaring Forks tonight. I chose the Wilderness Salad to offset the brownie, S'mores and Chocolate Caramel cupcakes we shared. Tomorrow is AK and a dinner ADR at 1900 Park Fare. We need sleep, but our ME luggage hasn't arrived post-4 hours...
Have a great trip! I can't wait to get some goodies at Roaring Forks. You picked some of our favorites!
Old 10-07-2012, 09:24 AM   #1183
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykidsrock76 View Post
Congrats......you're going to love the WL .

Quote:

I think you'll be glad you upgraded to the bunks. My kids loved them when they were little .

Quote:
Have a great time . Congrats on getting the room location you wanted....enjoy your time at the lodge .

Quote:
Thanks for the laugh, mickeynut1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathymford View Post
So we just got back a couple of weeks ago, so of course I'm planning our 2013 trip...of course, there wasn't supposed to be one, but let's not focus on the silly!

I was toying with going for Christmas decorations this time around, but couldn't decide between early Nov and early Dec. And then I had an epiphany! Dec 7, 2013 will be DBF and my 10th anniversary..... I think that just made my decision!!

Have fun planning . December is an awesome time to go with all of the holiday festivities going on and seeing all the beautiful decorations .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 10-07-2012, 09:44 AM   #1184
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
LOVE the Wilderness Salad and your dessert choices - that brownie is HUGE, but delicious. So tonight you'll dine with Mary Poppins?! If you get a chance, could you refresh my memory with what is on the buffet - I haven't been there since DD was little.
Quote:
Actually, we aren't telling them about the trip until we hit the Orlando airport. DH would like to wait until they see the WDW sign, but I think they will clue in when we get on the Magic Express. We are telling them we are going to see Grandma in another state. I am so excited....I can hardly wait. The bunks will be a huge surprise for them too!!

We are going on the Pirate cruise the day after we arrive for Wishes. Everything is going to be a surprise. I think that is part of the magic.

I love reading this thread. Thanks for all the great info!
I could NEVER keep a secret like that What great surprises

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathymford View Post

Pop Warner, cheerleading and dance groups show-up 12/2 - 12/9 this year. Especially in the evenings, the parks will be much more crowded at that time, but WL will not since the kids stay at the Values. Also, the first weekend in December the Christmas parade is being filmed which will draw huge crowds to the MK. Just some things to keep in mind when planning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
Have fun planning . December is an awesome time to go with all of the holiday festivities going on and seeing all the beautiful decorations .
It really gets you in the spirit - if they just had RO discounts after 12/25.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:03 AM   #1185
graysmommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykidsrock76
Me too! Yippee!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: