Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 05:13 PM   #1156
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandCalifornian View Post
Our approach has been to book a standard view and hope for the best. It has worked out very well for us, with a free upgrade to courtyard view our first visit and had a beautiful woods view room on our second trip. The rooms themselves are exactly the same inside, and the difference is just what's outside below your balcony. The second post of this thread here shows the room locations and view categories. The "worst case" is a view above the loading dock area with potential truck noise, but you'd be looking right toward MK and with a high enough floor you might be able to see Wishes. While you can't guarantee a better location unless you pay the extra, the number of available rooms means that an upgrade is likely since most of the rooms at WL are Woods view or better.

Also which location you prefer is an individual preference. Some people love having a room that opens to the lobby, others prefer a quieter location. Some love to see the pool, others worry about noise. Some want to see Wishes, some want to see Bay Lake. You really can't go wrong. Overall, WL is a beautiful resort and any room in it will be "home" for your trip.
Old 10-05-2012, 06:52 PM   #1157
guarn3md
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjv919 View Post
So, I want some opinions, please I booked standard view but we're springing for WL in the first place because we plan to spend time at the resort relaxing and hanging out, I am now considering moving up from standard to the next cheapest view...on a limited budget, is that worth it to squeeze it in? Or is it better to save that bit of money for something else? I know it's subjective, but I'm trying to come up with something to tell the DGF (or not if I decide against it lol) if I decide I want to!
On a limited budget stay with standard view and use the money elsewhere! The first time we stayed at WL we booked Woods view but it wasn't much of a view, I was really disappointed. We were on the fouth floor above Whispering Canyon and yeah there were woods but when you looked down - loading area, trucks in and out, etc... I even went back to front desk and asked if that was really woods view and they said yes. The last couple of trips we have stayed Courtyard view and I love it! But WL is such a fantastic resort you don't need to worry about the view. Have Fun!!
Debbie
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-05-2012, 07:46 PM   #1158
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Remember that magical erasing ink kook???

Forgive me, I know not what I do...

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 10-05-2012, 08:41 PM   #1159
sjv919
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by guarn3md View Post
On a limited budget stay with standard view and use the money elsewhere! The first time we stayed at WL we booked Woods view but it wasn't much of a view, I was really disappointed. We were on the fouth floor above Whispering Canyon and yeah there were woods but when you looked down - loading area, trucks in and out, etc... I even went back to front desk and asked if that was really woods view and they said yes. The last couple of trips we have stayed Courtyard view and I love it! But WL is such a fantastic resort you don't need to worry about the view. Have Fun!!
Debbie
Quote:
Our approach has been to book a standard view and hope for the best. It has worked out very well for us, with a free upgrade to courtyard view our first visit and had a beautiful woods view room on our second trip. The rooms themselves are exactly the same inside, and the difference is just what's outside below your balcony. The second post of this thread here shows the room locations and view categories. The "worst case" is a view above the loading dock area with potential truck noise, but you'd be looking right toward MK and with a high enough floor you might be able to see Wishes. While you can't guarantee a better location unless you pay the extra, the number of available rooms means that an upgrade is likely since most of the rooms at WL are Woods view or better.

Also which location you prefer is an individual preference. Some people love having a room that opens to the lobby, others prefer a quieter location. Some love to see the pool, others worry about noise. Some want to see Wishes, some want to see Bay Lake. You really can't go wrong. Overall, WL is a beautiful resort and any room in it will be "home" for your trip.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Get DGF a massage at Sturdy Branches and do some water recreation with the money you'll save booking a STD View. If your budget is limited, I would stick with the SV. You could even request a North Wing room on an upper floor and you might be able to see Wishes. There are so many cozy places to relax inside and outside of WL that I don't think you'll be in your room that much anyway. You even have a beach with plenty of chairs

Good points, thanks guys! I appreciate it We'll probably just keep standard, then!
Old 10-05-2012, 08:44 PM   #1160
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Nice to see you around these parts - your trips are getting closer now, it seemed so far away the last time I saw your ticker. How is DS liking college?
Thanks, KOOK . I can't believe we are almost under the 9 month mark. July 2013 seemed soooo far away when I booked everything and now it's less than a year away and I am very excited . DS really likes college, thanks for asking. He especially loves that he only has classes 2 days a week.

I hope things are well with you. Didn't your DD start high school this year? I hope she is doing well and is enjoying it .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 10-05-2012, 11:05 PM   #1161
hbr03
Earning My Ears

I really should be packing, but instead I'm reading the cupcake thread! Can't wait for our first stay at the WL!!!
Portofino Bay & 1st visit to Diagon Alley ~ October 2014
Wilderness Lodge & MNSSHP ~ October 2014

Old 10-05-2012, 11:17 PM   #1162
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbr03
I really should be packing, but instead I'm reading the cupcake thread! Can't wait for our first stay at the WL!!!
That is just last minute preparation. You have to be ready... We recommend the pineapple one from Seasons at Epcot, but the Smores one at WL is impressive too. Enjoy your trip.
Old 10-06-2012, 12:22 AM   #1163
DisneyFEB2013
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjv919 View Post
So, I want some opinions, please I booked standard view but we're springing for WL in the first place because we plan to spend time at the resort relaxing and hanging out, I am now considering moving up from standard to the next cheapest view...on a limited budget, is that worth it to squeeze it in? Or is it better to save that bit of money for something else? I know it's subjective, but I'm trying to come up with something to tell the DGF (or not if I decide against it lol) if I decide I want to!
We are going to Disney for the 1st time in February. I could care less about the view but would really like bunks for the kids. DH and I talked about it and it really is not in the budget to add $550 for bunks and a woods view. It would be nice but the kids won't know what they are missing. Geez, for that amount I could buy a set of bunks for home!

Maybe as others have had happen, we will be given some pixie dust upon arrival. But we are not expecting it and are fine with a standard room. I am assuming there are no standard rooms with bunks as that was not an option. We are going in early February when they are not as busy, so you never know. Just being able to stay at the WL will be great! I can't believe I finally convinced DH to stay there!! He said he was glad we were staying at POR because the rooms didn't have outside entrances like the Values. Ummm, yeah they do! So, we made the switch. Can hardly wait and I am mostly excited about surprising the kids!
Old 10-06-2012, 12:52 AM   #1164
hbr03
Earning My Ears

Quote:
That is just last minute preparation. You have to be ready... We recommend the pineapple one from Seasons at Epcot, but the Smores one at WL is impressive too. Enjoy your trip.
Thanks for the suggestion, GC!
Portofino Bay & 1st visit to Diagon Alley ~ October 2014
Wilderness Lodge & MNSSHP ~ October 2014

Old 10-06-2012, 02:27 AM   #1165
RedfromNL
Mouseketeer

Just booked the journeys.

We'll be taking the train form the Netherlands to the UK, next day get on the Queen Mary2 (so looking forward to that !) and arrive in New york friday 3 may. We'll then hop on a train again (hubby loves trains) and go to Florida.

We MIGHT stay one or two nights elsewhere but haven't decided on that just yet. I mean St Augustine looks nice with soem nice historical stuff to look at.

May the 18th we'll be taking the plane back home! You know, that one-way flight is actually almost the same price as a week on the QM2 with entertainment,meals included.......

Now all we need are some nice juicy discounts for the WL.
Old 10-06-2012, 09:32 AM   #1166
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbr03 View Post
Have a great trip and enjoy the WL .

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedfromNL View Post

We'll be taking the train form the Netherlands to the UK, next day get on the Queen Mary2 (so looking forward to that !) and arrive in New york friday 3 may. We'll then hop on a train again (hubby loves trains) and go to Florida.

We MIGHT stay one or two nights elsewhere but haven't decided on that just yet. I mean St Augustine looks nice with soem nice historical stuff to look at.

May the 18th we'll be taking the plane back home! You know, that one-way flight is actually almost the same price as a week on the QM2 with entertainment,meals included.......

Sounds like a very exciting trip you have planned .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 10-06-2012, 09:34 AM   #1167
EmmaMagsMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedfromNL

What a journey! Enjoy your trip. Very exciting !
Old 10-06-2012, 10:19 AM   #1168
PamelaKay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I haven't tried the pineapple one yet. Do you have a picture of it? I LOVE the smores one and am now less than 3 weeks away from my Halloween trip to the WL.

Mar 2010 - AKL CL May 2010 - GF CL Nov 2010 - Dec 2010 POFQ and Poly CL
Mar 2011 - BWI, June 2011 CBR one night and split stay between WL and BCOct 2011 - POR and WL
March 2012 WL CL Oct 2012 WL CL and Dec 2012 WL CL
Mar 2013 YC CL, June 2013 Poly CL, Oct 2013 Hard Rock CL BWI CL and
Dec 2013 GF CL
Mar 2014 WL, June 2014 CR CL, and Oct/Nov 2014 WL CL
Old 10-06-2012, 11:28 AM   #1169
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaKay

I haven't tried the pineapple one yet. Do you have a picture of it? I LOVE the smores one and am now less than 3 weeks away from my Halloween trip to the WL.
Yes, here is a picture. It is very light and super yummy.
Old 10-06-2012, 01:03 PM   #1170
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Random photo of the day:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Remember that magical erasing ink kook???

Forgive me, I know not what I do...
You know what you're doing and I knew what you'd be doing so no problem, POOF! You've magically disappeared from the Lodgers' Log. (But, I can always put you back).

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
Thanks, KOOK . I can't believe we are almost under the 9 month mark. July 2013 seemed soooo far away when I booked everything and now it's less than a year away and I am very excited . DS really likes college, thanks for asking. He especially loves that he only has classes 2 days a week.

I hope things are well with you. Didn't your DD start high school this year? I hope she is doing well and is enjoying it .
Yes, DD13 is a freshman and has discovered that she's not a fan of geometry so I'm glad DH was

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbr03 View Post
Cupcake research is essential to having a great trip. Happy travels and hope you keep us up-to-date on your cupcake research

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedfromNL View Post

What an exciting trip! Can't wait to hear what you think of the QE2 and trains. Have you thought about taking the QE2 back from NY to the UK? I guess that would be much more than the one-way flight.

Quote:
Yes, here is a picture. It is very light and super yummy.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: