Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 12:10 PM   #1096
yolie912
DIS Veteran

Maybe you WL Lovers might be able to make up my mind one's and for all.

Would you:
a. Go Club Level or

b. Regular room with the dining plan.

What would you guys do??

Thanks!
Old 10-02-2012, 12:22 PM   #1097
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by heather13 View Post
Thanks Kook & everyone for the transport advice. Better to know now. Maybe we'll do the boat the first day since we arrive at lunch time (assuming we can eat snacks on the boats) and try the bus for our early Epcot day.

I did a search for boat times, and it looks like it's around 10 minutes from WL to CR - is this accurate? So is it about 30 minutes for WL to MK?
Our experience in September with low crowds was that times on the boat were about 15-20 min to MK and 5-15 min to Contemporary. For the Contemporary, it depends on whether the boat is going to FW 1st or not, which adds about 10 min to the trip. They run the boats both directions, so the Contemporary will either be the first or second stop on the boats that run between WL, CR, and FW. If CR is 1st, then it is only about 5 min on the boat.

In addition to the times above on the boat, you have your wait times for a boat. We usually only had to wait 5-10 min for a boat, but I'm sure at times these waits will be longer. In general, we allowed half an hour from leaving the room to being at the entrance to MK.

Once you are at CR, your travel time to Epcot is the same as a CR guest. The walk from the dock to the lobby at CR is shorter and flatter than at WL, so it really isn't too bad. Once you get to the lobby, you have to get up to the main level and then up another half floor to the Monorail, so you can either take two escalators or two elevators. Then you will have to change monorails at the TTC, which involves going down and back up a ramp.

If you do the boat to MK option to catch the monorail there, you will have more time on the boat but then can take either monorail option to the TTC. If you choose the resort one you will first stop at CR, but the express one will take you straight to TTC first stop, where you then transfer to the Epcot monorail.

Like WDWKOOK mentioned, we found busses to Epcot to be the faster option, but we certainly did both. Our preference was to start with the boat / monorail and then bus back once we were tired, but part of the fun is having options, trying different ways, and finding what works best for your group. Even though busses aren't my favorite, it is really nice to have that option, and we took advantage of it. I see this as an advantage of WL, since Monorail resorts don't usually have an Epcot bus option. Just consider the travel time part of the fun and enjoy it with the rest of your trip, after all, you're at Disney. Enjoy!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2012, 12:22 PM   #1098
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yolie912 View Post

Would you:
a. Go Club Level or

What would you guys do??

Thanks!
CL at WL is

That is all.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 10-02-2012, 12:32 PM   #1099
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:

Would you:
a. Go Club Level or

What would you guys do??

Thanks!
The best answer is probably "both" but funding makes that cost prohibitive for most of us.

We really enjoy the dining plan. Not having to worry about Disney prices for meals made our trips MUCH more enjoyable. Getting to go when free dining is available makes that our preferred discount. We had even decided to pay for it for this trip before the discount came out.

We have seen a lot of complaints about dining, but we loved every meal we ate and had plenty of food for the whole trip. Someday getting to stay CL at WL would be an ultimate treat, but currently it isn't something we would trade the Dining for.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:38 PM   #1100
yolie912
DIS Veteran

Trust me I know! i wish I can do both but my funds are limited...especially if we went already this year in May.... Oh decisions decisions!
Old 10-02-2012, 01:15 PM   #1101
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1

CL at WL is

That is all.
I've seen a lot of talk about CL but that has never interested me, mostly because of the price. What makes CL so great? I'm on a gluten free diet and most of the food looks like it is mostly wheat. Are the rooms bigger or better?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015; YC - April 15 - 21, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 10-02-2012, 01:28 PM   #1102
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
I've seen a lot of talk about CL but that has never interested me, mostly because of the price. What makes CL so great? I'm on a gluten free diet and most of the food looks like it is mostly wheat. Are the rooms bigger or better?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
I can't really comment on the food and whether it is okay for someone on a gluten free diet, simply because I don't know what that entails...but the food was really great. Isn't gluten flour? There was alot of meat as part of the CL foods, so is that okay for you???

No, the rooms were not bigger, but we liked being on a dedicated, secure floor.

The CL CM's really excelled at customer service and special attention. One example...My oldest DD was absolutely IN LOVE with the cookies in the lounge...obviously the CM's took note...on our last day, when we were checking out, the CL mgr Randy stopped us and ran out bag and personally wrapped a bunch of cookies for my daughter to take "on the road". She was beyond happy, and we felt that they made us feel special.

It was really nice to just wake up and head down to the lounge for breakfast in the morning. No lines, no paying for stuff, no fighting for a place to sit. Just and getting ready for the day.

We just had a really great experience. We also had 40% off which made it much more affordable, and given the right situation we would absolutely do it again.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 10-02-2012, 01:44 PM   #1103
tardin1964
I need it.....
I want it.....
Please........

Quote:
Originally Posted by heather13 View Post
Thanks Deb & Bill for the trash info - that's just what I needed!
Thanks Kook & everyone for the transport advice. Better to know now. Maybe we'll do the boat the first day since we arrive at lunch time (assuming we can eat snacks on the boats) and try the bus for our early Epcot day.

I did a search for boat times, and it looks like it's around 10 minutes from WL to CR - is this accurate? So is it about 30 minutes for WL to MK?

And someone asked before what time the nightly campfire / marshmallow roast is. I thought I'd read 8pm - is this accurate?
I think the actual time on the boat from WL to CR is less than 10 minutes and from WL to MK it's a little less than 15 minutes. The actual traveling time isn't long, but if you miss a boat it will be 15 or 20 minutes until the next one.

I know taking the boat to MK is much more relaxing and a more fun ride....but we take the bus. it is so much quicker than the boat. The ride is less than 10 minutes and if you miss the bus there is another one within 10 minutes or so. we take boat back to WL to unwind and relax.

Poly 8/79, 8/81, 8/83
GF 8/92
WL 11/03, 11/05, 8/08
DCL 11/10
POFQ 6/11
Old 10-02-2012, 02:54 PM   #1104
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
I recently read about a similar issue on the DVC boards and it appears that part of a new software upgrade is that now room requests come all from pre determined menu (the same options that you get for online check-in). There still seems to be an additional field for free entries, but it is unclear whether that data is being tranferred to the resort or not. I find that a bit worrying, but keep in mind I would still consider this a rumor, not a fact!
The new reservation system was implemented about two years ago. One notable change is the software that can assign rooms. However, this didn't do away with room assignors, it just made their job a little easier. Most guests don't have requests, so the system can easily assign rooms and those guests with requests still have an actual human being assign their rooms.

All reservations are dropped into the resort about 5 days or so prior to arrival. At this point, the room assignor (an actual human!) sees the reservation and assigns a room. They will see whatever request has been placed in your reservation before it's been dropped into the resort. Though the CMs at the WDTC don't have unlimited space, they do have the capacity (but, perhaps not always the willingness) to place any request you have into your reservation. Of course, that doesn't mean your request will be granted.

I always recommend that guests ask at check-in, before they accept their room, if their requests were met. Sometimes the CM or room assignor in the back can work with a guest to fulfill a request that may not have been fulfilled prior to arrival or they may even be able to allow the guest to switch rooms when their request can be fulfilled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Kook - you rock!!!! Thank you!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
You're welcome and happy outdoor movie viewing!!

Quote:
Hello,
I am staying at the WL in December...and CL....I have a question. I purchased MVMCP. Can they print them out for me? Also what else besides dining does CL do? Thanks!
Yes, you can pick them up at WL and I believe you can now even print them at home.

Staying CL at any WDW resort includes the following:

~Pre-arrival planning and booking of reservations through the IPO.

~A print-out upon arrival of your reservations. However, your print-out is only as up to date as the last CM who updated it.

~Breakfast, snacks, appetizers, desserts, coffee/tea, non-alcoholic beverages and beer, wine and cordials.

~Welcome gift upon arrival, such as boxed chocolates.

~Robes.

~Automatic nightly turn-down service: Garbage is emptied, towels replenished and used ones are removed, curtains drawn, light left on, chocolate mints are left, toiletries are replenished, as needed.

~Dedicated club level floor only for the use of club level guests.

~Lounge seating area with TVs, chairs, sofas, tables.

~Concierges on the club level floor from 7AM - 10PM who can assist you in person or who you can call if you need assistance, rather than having to call a call center in another part of FL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie View Post

Trying to adjust (and doing pretty darn good!) to a needed heart healthy diet. That means a diet very low in sodium, cholesterol and fat. It really is much easier then you'd think! But, WDW does make me a tad nervous...

Will WL CL help with this restriction? Can/would CL accomodate this need in their food offerings?

It is not a choice, but a true need to have a healthy heart must.

Thanks!
What I know they can do for you is tell you what the ingredients are in the dishes they serve. They have a binder at the CL desk with the ingredients listed for all the dishes they serve. I don't, however, think they are prepared to cater to those simply wanting to eat a low sodium and fat diet. It's up to the guest to pick and choose foods that you can eat. They aren't a restaurant where you order off a menu.

Obviously, you'll want to stay far away from the fried appetizers, cheese and antipasti platter. You'll also want to avoid nuts and chips offered at snack time since they tend to be high in fat and sodium.

In general, your lower fat/cholsterol, lower sodium WL CL foods are going to be the salads and the crudités platter (dig in, just skip the dip), bean dishes, tomato caprese, breads/hummus, buffalo salad, chicken skewers, sushi, venison chili.

Quote:

Would you:
a. Go Club Level or

What would you guys do??

Thanks!
As far as just food is concerned, if you want two or three pre-paid meals per day, then the DDP is the way to go. If you want the equivalent of one meal per day plus snacks, beverages, appetizers and desserts, then CL is the way to go.

If you're able to get a discount on your room, that's a better value with a Deluxe resort than FD. But, if you're only able to get FD and no room discount, then that would the way to go.

Keep in mind that with the regular DP you have pre-paid for dessert with every TS and you have to pay all the tips. Factor this in when you're doing your comparison. If you have APs, buying Tables in Wonderland, which gives you a 20% discount on all TS meals, is a better value than the DP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
I can't really comment on the food and whether it is okay for someone on a gluten free diet, simply because I don't know what that entails...but the food was really great. Isn't gluten flour? There was alot of meat as part of the CL foods, so is that okay for you???

No, the rooms were not bigger, but we liked being on a dedicated, secure floor.

The CL CM's really excelled at customer service and special attention. One example...My oldest DD was absolutely IN LOVE with the cookies in the lounge...obviously the CM's took note...on our last day, when we were checking out, the CL mgr Randy stopped us and ran out bag and personally wrapped a bunch of cookies for my daughter to take "on the road". She was beyond happy, and we felt that they made us feel special.

It was really nice to just wake up and head down to the lounge for breakfast in the morning. No lines, no paying for stuff, no fighting for a place to sit. Just and getting ready for the day.

We just had a really great experience. We also had 40% off which made it much more affordable, and given the right situation we would absolutely do it again.
Randy's the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tardin1964 View Post
I think the actual time on the boat from WL to CR is less than 10 minutes and from WL to MK it's a little less than 15 minutes. The actual traveling time isn't long, but if you miss a boat it will be 15 or 20 minutes until the next one.

I know taking the boat to MK is much more relaxing and a more fun ride....but we take the bus. it is so much quicker than the boat. The ride is less than 10 minutes and if you miss the bus there is another one within 10 minutes or so. we take boat back to WL to unwind and relax.
I agree that the boats are relaxing and fun and I love being on the water, but you're correct that the bus is actually faster. If you're in a hurry or worried about the weather, the non-stop bus to the MK is wonderful.
Old 10-02-2012, 03:40 PM   #1105
yolie912
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
The new reservation system was implemented about two years ago. One notable change is the software that can assign rooms. However, this didn't do away with room assignors, it just made their job a little easier. Most guests don't have requests, so the system can easily assign rooms and those guests with requests still have an actual human being assign their rooms.

All reservations are dropped into the resort about 5 days or so prior to arrival. At this point, the room assignor (an actual human!) sees the reservation and assigns a room. They will see whatever request has been placed in your reservation before it's been dropped into the resort. Though the CMs at the WDTC don't have unlimited space, they do have the capacity (but, perhaps not always the willingness) to place any request you have into your reservation. Of course, that doesn't mean your request will be granted.

I always recommend that guests ask at check-in, before they accept their room, if their requests were met. Sometimes the CM or room assignor in the back can work with a guest to fulfill a request that may not have been fulfilled prior to arrival or they may even be able to allow the guest to switch rooms when their request can be fulfilled.

You're welcome and happy outdoor movie viewing!!

Yes, you can pick them up at WL and I believe you can now even print them at home.

Staying CL at any WDW resort includes the following:

~Pre-arrival planning and booking of reservations through the IPO.

~A print-out upon arrival of your reservations. However, your print-out is only as up to date as the last CM who updated it.

~Breakfast, snacks, appetizers, desserts, coffee/tea, non-alcoholic beverages and beer, wine and cordials.

~Welcome gift upon arrival, such as boxed chocolates.

~Robes.

~Automatic nightly turn-down service: Garbage is emptied, towels replenished and used ones are removed, curtains drawn, light left on, chocolate mints are left, toiletries are replenished, as needed.

~Dedicated club level floor only for the use of club level guests.

~Lounge seating area with TVs, chairs, sofas, tables.

~Concierges on the club level floor from 7AM - 10PM who can assist you in person or who you can call if you need assistance, rather than having to call a call center in another part of FL.

What I know they can do for you is tell you what the ingredients are in the dishes they serve. They have a binder at the CL desk with the ingredients listed for all the dishes they serve. I don't, however, think they are prepared to cater to those simply wanting to eat a low sodium and fat diet. It's up to the guest to pick and choose foods that you can eat. They aren't a restaurant where you order off a menu.

Obviously, you'll want to stay far away from the fried appetizers, cheese and antipasti platter. You'll also want to avoid nuts and chips offered at snack time since they tend to be high in fat and sodium.

In general, your lower fat/cholsterol, lower sodium WL CL foods are going to be the salads and the crudités platter (dig in, just skip the dip), bean dishes, tomato caprese, breads/hummus, buffalo salad, chicken skewers, sushi, venison chili.

As far as just food is concerned, if you want two or three pre-paid meals per day, then the DDP is the way to go. If you want the equivalent of one meal per day plus snacks, beverages, appetizers and desserts, then CL is the way to go.

If you're able to get a discount on your room, that's a better value with a Deluxe resort than FD. But, if you're only able to get FD and no room discount, then that would the way to go.

Keep in mind that with the regular DP you have pre-paid for dessert with every TS and you have to pay all the tips. Factor this in when you're doing your comparison. If you have APs, buying Tables in Wonderland, which gives you a 20% discount on all TS meals, is a better value than the DP.

Randy's the best!

I agree that the boats are relaxing and fun and I love being on the water, but you're correct that the bus is actually faster. If you're in a hurry or worried about the weather, the non-stop bus to the MK is wonderful.
WDW Kook:
Great points...but you never said which one would you choose...??

Thanks!
Old 10-02-2012, 04:28 PM   #1106
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
WDW Kook:
Great points...but you never said which one would you choose...??

Thanks!
Well, my answer depends on your answer: Do you have Free Dining, a room-only discount or both and do you have APs?
Old 10-02-2012, 04:31 PM   #1107
yolie912
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Well, my answer depends on your answer: Do you have Free Dining, a room-only discount or both and do you have APs?
With CL it's a room only discount

With the dining it's AP rate.

Yes, we have AP's

Thanks!!
Old 10-02-2012, 04:39 PM   #1108
WDWKOOK

Quote:
With CL it's a room only discount

With the dining it's AP rate.

Yes, we have AP's

Thanks!!
In that case, I would wholeheartedly recommend you do as we do and stay CL at WL and I highly recommend you purchase (if you haven't already) Tables in Wonderland. We usually use it for our TS meal in the afternoon (lunch is usually cheaper than dinner), then return to WL for some appetizers and dessert and we usually eat breakfast in the lounge. It's a great value, you save on food costs and you have your room-only AP rate AND you experience a wonderful CL
Old 10-02-2012, 04:58 PM   #1109
sjv919
Mouseketeer

I just needed a place to be SUPER EXCITED that after dying to stay here since I was a little kid, I finally get to next August!!!! YYAAAYYY!!!! Okay. Resume your lives lol sorry just a bit excited.
Old 10-02-2012, 05:03 PM   #1110
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjv919 View Post
I just needed a place to be SUPER EXCITED that after dying to stay here since I was a little kid, I finally get to next August!!!! YYAAAYYY!!!! Okay. Resume your lives lol sorry just a bit excited.
This is the place! and congratulations on finally getting to stay at WL. What view did you book?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: