Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2012, 05:57 AM   #76
mommadjones
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Two weeks from today we arrive back at WDW

That is so soon! You are going to love it!

BTW, did you print out the holiday photo I posted for you?
Well of course I did hangin on my fridge BTW I think our trips overlap as we will be there until the 28th

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post

A week will go by before you know it. You are going to LOVE WL CL....have a great trip .
Im trying to saty as busy as possible The last few days seem to drag...
Old 08-05-2012, 07:48 AM   #77
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessesX3 View Post
10 nights/11 days, this is our second time at WL. We absolutely love it.
Our trips overlap - we're there for 10 nights, too after BLT. I have a feeling your second time at WL won't be your last

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
It's a great pic . I can see it being sad for you, but you will be back at the lodge and seeing that in person very soon . I haven't done a ticker yet because the trip is not a definite go (plus I literally JUST booked 10 minutes ago ). There is a slim possibility that we'll go, but I figured it's better to have a ressie and cancel if we have to than to go to book later and not get what we want. We will only go for 4 or 5 nights and DH isn't much for split stays on such short trips, so he wouldn't want a split. We did a 2/4 split in December 2010 and DH wasn't too thrilled to have to move after the first 2 nights and just when we were getting settled into the 2nd resort, it was time to pack up and go home....so he asked that I don't do anymore splits . I'll have to look at hstrickland's TR. I think I remember reading it when she just started it, so I'll have to find it and look at it again. If I remember correctly she had some great pics of the lounge, which I think I'll love as the seating looks similar to the lounge in OFC .
I understand about not wanting to do the split. I wouldn't do them either for less than 3 or 4 nights (and only if the WL portion was much longer)

Yes, Heather's photos are great and yes, she has a section just on the Kilimanjaro Club - check it out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by midge3426 View Post
Wow, great thread Wdwkook. We love Wilderness Lodge and this has so much great information. Last year, we decided that we would try the Grand Floridian. It was nice, but rather boring. In fact, we had to stop at the Lodge on our way out of Disney to look around. We will be there Club Level on September 8th and we are all excited.
Here is a picture I took last year on our brief visit.

WILDERNESS LODGE by midge3426, on Flickr
What a lovely photo and welcome, midge3426!. What a great time to be going to WL and especially the OFC. So many kids are back in school and it's after the Labor Day weekend - it must be almost like a ghost town. I know many love the GF (and I love k&a&c's wonderful thread), but heck, it doesn't even have a geyser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommadjones View Post
Well of course I did hangin on my fridge BTW I think our trips overlap as we will be there until the 28th

So by my really unofficial and inaccurate count, yours, princessesX3, mine and TheLodgeLady's WL/WDW stays overlap?

If you guys are interested and think it might help to facilitate some DIS meet 'n greets, I would be happy to post/maintain a DISer WDW/WL/VWL upcoming trip calendar to the first page. Those who wanted could post their WDW/WL/VWL stay dates and I would put them into the 'Lodgers Log'. Don't worry that you're not necessarily staying at WL or that your trip might change - being a member of the Resort Changers' Club, I'm used to that uncertainty
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-05-2012, 08:31 AM   #78
Miffy
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I'll try to make you even hungrier after I get back to WDW in a couple of weeks.
Just stay away from the cupcakes. I don't want them to run out before I get there!
Old 08-05-2012, 08:47 AM   #79
HubbDave
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are - BB
I do love pics of defunct and abandoned Parks

WL looks so cool on Google Earth...

Anyone know how to do a screen capture then post it?
Old 08-05-2012, 08:57 AM   #80
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Missing the lodge this morning....

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 08-05-2012, 09:16 AM   #81
WeCantWait
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the new thread! 22 days until we are checking in at the WL! Can't wait!
Old 08-05-2012, 09:28 AM   #82
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by midge3426 View Post
Wow, great thread Wdwkook. We love Wilderness Lodge and this has so much great information. Last year, we decided that we would try the Grand Floridian. It was nice, but rather boring. In fact, we had to stop at the Lodge on our way out of Disney to look around. We will be there Club Level on September 8th and we are all excited.
Here is a picture I took last year on our brief visit.

WILDERNESS LODGE by midge3426, on Flickr
Love the pic . I know how you feel about the GF. I've stayed there twice on 2 girls trips and wanted DH and the boys to try it, so I booked it for a family trip. They thought the resort was ok and everyone had a great time, but they didn't love it like they do other resorts (i.e, the WL and Poly ). They will stay there again if I wanted to, but if they had to choose, the WL is at the top of their list .

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommadjones View Post
I hear ya......once it gets down to those last few days before leaving, it goes slow for me as well .....that is until the day before leaving when I start panicking that I'll forget something or I won't get everything done at home, the clock ticks faster than ever .

Quote:
I understand about not wanting to do the split. I wouldn't do them either for less than 3 or 4 nights (and only if the WL portion was much longer)

Yes, Heather's photos are great and yes, she has a section just on the Kilimanjaro Club - check it out!

If you guys are interested and think it might help to facilitate some DIS meet 'n greets, I would be happy to post/maintain a DISer WDW/WL/VWL upcoming trip calendar to the first page. Those who wanted could post their WDW/WL/VWL stay dates and I would put them into the 'Lodgers Log'. Don't worry that you're not necessarily staying at WL or that your trip might change - being a member of the Resort Changers' Club, I'm used to that uncertainty
DH and youngest DS were out of town and just got back last night so I haven't asked them why they chose AKL CL over WL CL, but I'm going to find out today as I'm curious . Not that there's anything wrong with AKL as we've stayed there before and we all loved it, but there's just something about the WL that gets me, especially at Christmas time . But with that said, I've always wanted to try CL at AKL, so it's a tough decision to make and I can almost guarantee I will go through MANY resort changes in the next couple of months.....even if they are just in my mind and not actually changed every time .

How nice of you to keep track of people going to Disney and the WL for meet n greets . I have been on a couple of girls trips with gals I've met here on the Dis and I think it's a great idea for people to meet while at Disney just to say hello and put a face with a name .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Missing the lodge this morning....
I know what you mean......seeing all of these beautiful pics of the lodge makes me want to be there .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 08-05-2012, 09:31 AM   #83
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeCantWait View Post
Thanks for the new thread! 22 days until we are checking in at the WL! Can't wait!
It will be here before you know it....have a great trip .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 08-05-2012, 10:53 AM   #84
TheLodgeLady
Mouseketeer

Happy Sunday all!!

Wow, miss a day and we're already on page 6 .

Did some clothes shopping yesterday, Florida tax free day. Even though we don't have kids, we benefited by buying new things for us, lol. Lots of savings and sales.
Old 08-05-2012, 12:53 PM   #85
eacosper
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I'm in! We are going from 9/5-9/11!

Old 08-05-2012, 02:11 PM   #86
pas130
DIS Veteran

I'm Here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry so late, can I use work as an excuse

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
Old 08-05-2012, 02:42 PM   #87
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

Quote:

I think this is a WONDERFUL idea!!!

If you start it up, please add TaraPA and PrincessAlways for 10/17-21!!!

Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
[/SIZE]
Old 08-05-2012, 06:29 PM   #88
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Smile Let's get this log rolling!

The Lodgers' Log is up on the first page/post #11. Just post here to let me know if you'd like your WDW trip to be included in the log or if you have any changes...like I had (again) today. (I had to shorten BLT and WL by a day in order to make it home for DD's freshman orientation.)
Old 08-05-2012, 07:01 PM   #89
marymac123
DIS Veteran

You can post our stay, Sept 17th - 25th

Old 08-05-2012, 07:30 PM   #90
PrincessAlways
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
I think this is a WONDERFUL idea!!!

If you start it up, please add TaraPA and PrincessAlways for 10/17-21!!!
POR, 2003 OKW,2004 Poly, 2005 SSR (June), Pop (Sept), CSR (Nov), 2006 OKW (May), Swan (Sept), OKW (Nov), 2007 Pop (Feb), OKW (June), CR (Sept), BWV (Nov), 2008 CSR (April), OKW (July), SSR (Dec)2009 Pop (March) OKW (May) BLT (Nov), 2010 BLT (May) AKL (Oct) 2011 SWAN (March) BLT (June) AKL (Nov) OKW (Nov) 2012 BWI (March) OKW (May) POR Royal (Oct) OKW (Nov) 2013 BWV (Apr) offsite (July) Kidani (Dec) 2014 AKL (April)
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: