Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2012, 06:40 PM   #811
August2010
Mouseketeer

Just returned from a week at WL.(Sept 3rd-9th) We were booked in a standard view but after seeing the view of the loading docks and hearing the roar of hvac units we went to the front desk to complain and ask to pay for an upgrade. We were given a free upgrade to a courtyard view (room 4011). The manager agreed that standard view is bad!
It was totally dead there. No one at the Roaring Fork eveytime we went to eat. The pool wasn't too busy either. The room seemed a little small to us but it was fine for the amount of time we actually spent in it. The boat access was great! We never waited more than 5 mins for a boat. Overall a great experience at WL.

Sep 2013-Fantasy
Sep 2012-WL
Feb 2012- GF
Aug 2011- GF
Aug 2010- Poly
Old 09-16-2012, 08:08 PM   #812
TinkPirateMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Congratulations on being PIF - it seems 'more real' now, doesn't it?

Disney transportation is amazing, I agree. But, the monorail's efficiency and usefulness has unfortunately diminished over the years. With the purchase of more buses and longer ones, it seems that Disney has figured out that buses are the most efficient and cost effective mode of transportation for them. They are extremely flexible in their usage and can easily add or take away buses on an as needed basis. They seem to be trending in the direction of making them the primary mode of transportation and are directing guests away from the monorail by taking it away as a transportation option during PM EMH. This isn't a big issue for most guests, but is a bone of contention for guests who have paid more to stay at the Poly and GF, who as an option, can't even walk to the MK. At least CR/BLT guests have the walkway as a monorail alternative.

If only the buses weren't so cold in the morning
Thanks! It definitely is more real now. We are all getting very excited.

We were originally booked at the Poly. One of the many reasons I switched to WL was because monorail access at the Poly doesn't seem like much of a perk any more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathymford View Post
Beautiful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymac123 View Post
I have to get packing done-We leave tomorrow morning!!!
Safe travels and have a magical trip!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-17-2012, 03:18 AM   #813
RedfromNL
Mouseketeer

Kook, I promised you to let you know asap if I'd be making it to WDW next year...

YES!!

We are looking at arriving may 4th and not leaving till may 18th

I can finally start planning properly!!

Old 09-17-2012, 04:43 AM   #814
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

I hope everyone has a great week! Just curious, does anyone have any comments on the upcoming WCC menu changes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by midge3426 View Post
Just back. We had a nice vacation. The Wilderness Lodge was, as usual, magnificent. All the cast members were super nice, especially in Club Level. The only problem I had was getting access to the bathroom to get ready. I had two teenage girls with me and they spent a lot of time in the bathroom and in front of the mirror. I did not partake much of the Club Level food since I usually was not there when it was open, but the girls sure did and they certainly enjoyed themselves. What food I did try was excellent. I am really in awe of the art and architecture of the Wilderness Lodge---it is truly well done and absolutely amazing. I have to go do tons of laundry now and go to the grocery store. After seven days of Disney Dining, the family is hungry, especially the teenagers.
And I thought just one teenage girl was hard when it comes to bathroom time - you poor thing!

Welcome back and are you planning a return trip yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdg View Post
I read here that (sadly) the deluxe rooms are rarely discounted (so it looks like we will likely be switching to a standard, maybe standard club-level).

Are CL rooms counted in any FD offers that come out? Would deluxe rooms also be included in that?

Thanks!

303 days for us!
I've never tried to book a Deluxe room with FD, I've only tried with room only discounts like AP and military. But, since they've not been available with those, I doubt they'd be with FD. Maybe someone else will be able to answer your question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedfromNL View Post
Kook, I promised you to let you know asap if I'd be making it to WDW next year...

YES!!

We are looking at arriving may 4th and not leaving till may 18th

I can finally start planning properly!!

That sounds great! Would you like that in the Log on the first page? Happy planning and you need a nice, shiny ticker
Old 09-17-2012, 05:35 AM   #815
RedfromNL
Mouseketeer

Quote:
That sounds great! Would you like that in the Log on the first page? Happy planning and you need a nice, shiny ticker
Sure Ans maybe I should get a ticker somewhere, any nice place to get one?

I mean, less than 8 months to go...
Old 09-17-2012, 06:32 AM   #816
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I hope everyone has a great week! Just curious, does anyone have any comments on the upcoming WCC menu changes?
Hi, I am new to this thread, have been lurking for a few weeks as I plan to change my DVC reservation from my home resort (BWV) to VWL for next spring soon when the 7 months window opens.

To be honest, I was very disappointed when I read about the planned changes. I personally love the skillet, but I think having options is great for the restaurant. After all, I think the resort restaurants should cater to the people staying there as well. And with only the skillet available, I don't think anyone would ever want to eat there more than once during a trip. And Artist Point is very expensive, so not possible for everyone. I do consider this a serious downgrade of the restaurant.

Also, I absolutely hate the idea of eliminating the salad but adding a dessert instead. Disney talks so much about healthy eating - but that's just the opposite. I think it is great to have something fresh tasting like the salad to have with all the heavy food in the skillet. And I was so stuffed afterwards anyway that I could not imagine having dessert. It seems like this is another thing done to streamline dining for the dining plan.

It will not affect my travel plans - at least for this trip - but it does leave an ungood feeling about the direction Disney is taking at the moment.
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Old 09-17-2012, 07:24 AM   #817
VbChristy
Mouseketeer

Do we have an idea when the menu change will occur?
Old 09-17-2012, 10:17 AM   #818
twinmom108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
:

The WCC menu changes are very dissapointing. DH & My body needs salad, it does not need more dessert.

We have an adr for WCC in November. We haven't been to WCC in 6 years due to a bad experience with a very rude WCC waiter the last night of our WDW vacation. We were looking forward to trying it out again. Between the possibility of having nothing healthy in our dinner food (to help process) & reading on the restaurant boards that WCC still has a rude waiter on their recent visit, not sure that we will be keeping this adr. Love the Wilderness Lodge experience, but WCC may be a thing of the past for us.

Peter Pan's #1 Fan
Old 09-17-2012, 10:49 AM   #819
PamelaKay
DIS Veteran

Wcc

I am a little sad by the proposed changes. At least our reservation there in November is for breakfast.

Mar 2010 - AKL CL May 2010 - GF CL Nov 2010 - Dec 2010 POFQ and Poly CL
Mar 2011 - BWI, June 2011 CBR one night and split stay between WL and BCOct 2011 - POR and WL
March 2012 WL CL Oct 2012 WL CL and Dec 2012 WL CL
Mar 2013 YC CL, June 2013 Poly CL, Oct 2013 Hard Rock CL BWI CL and
Dec 2013 GF CL
Mar 2014 WL, June 2014 CR CL, and Oct/Nov 2014 WL CL
Old 09-17-2012, 12:06 PM   #820
LuvGoldens
Mouseketeer

Leaving for the airport soon. One short sleep tonight at POP by the time we get there very late this evening and then tomorrow morning we finally check in at WL!!!
Wilderness Lodge Sept 8-16, 2013
Disney Magic 7 nt Mediterranean, May 31, 2014
Old 09-17-2012, 12:11 PM   #821
TheLodgeLady
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvGoldens View Post
Leaving for the airport soon. One short sleep tonight at POP by the time we get there very late this evening and then tomorrow morning we finally check in at WL!!!
Old 09-17-2012, 12:48 PM   #822
PrincessesX3
Mouseketeer

Have a great trip!!!

Old 09-17-2012, 01:10 PM   #823
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Sure Ans maybe I should get a ticker somewhere, any nice place to get one?

I mean, less than 8 months to go...
I really like this site because they have rotating tickers which I use for split stays. They take up less room in my signature:

http://www.mickeypath.com

The DIS also has tickers, but not rotating ones:

http://www.distickers.com/ticker/main.php

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
Hi, I am new to this thread, have been lurking for a few weeks as I plan to change my DVC reservation from my home resort (BWV) to VWL for next spring soon when the 7 months window opens.

To be honest, I was very disappointed when I read about the planned changes. I personally love the skillet, but I think having options is great for the restaurant. After all, I think the resort restaurants should cater to the people staying there as well. And with only the skillet available, I don't think anyone would ever want to eat there more than once during a trip. And Artist Point is very expensive, so not possible for everyone. I do consider this a serious downgrade of the restaurant.

Also, I absolutely hate the idea of eliminating the salad but adding a dessert instead. Disney talks so much about healthy eating - but that's just the opposite. I think it is great to have something fresh tasting like the salad to have with all the heavy food in the skillet. And I was so stuffed afterwards anyway that I could not imagine having dessert. It seems like this is another thing done to streamline dining for the dining plan.

It will not affect my travel plans - at least for this trip - but it does leave an ungood feeling about the direction Disney is taking at the moment.
(and willkommen) to our little ol' thread, flossbolna!

I agree that choices shouldn't be more limited, especially when it comes to vegetables. Looks like a starch will be the only veggie in the skillet? I do have to wonder how much salad "waste" they have. Is it possible that more guests leave uneaten salad than any other item

Quote:
Originally Posted by VbChristy View Post
Do we have an idea when the menu change will occur?
The report is that it will change on Wednesday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinmom108 View Post
The WCC menu changes are very dissapointing. DH & My body needs salad, it does not need more dessert.

We have an adr for WCC in November. We haven't been to WCC in 6 years due to a bad experience with a very rude WCC waiter the last night of our WDW vacation. We were looking forward to trying it out again. Between the possibility of having nothing healthy in our dinner food (to help process) & reading on the restaurant boards that WCC still has a rude waiter on their recent visit, not sure that we will be keeping this adr. Love the Wilderness Lodge experience, but WCC may be a thing of the past for us.
Your 'more dessert' comment reminded me of how they took away the appetizer and the tip from the original DDP, but left the dessert, which often guests don't want. I think Disney has figured out this saves them money when you decline dessert or don't throw it onto your tray at the QS. It also must be cheaper for them than fresh veggies that spoil much faster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaKay View Post
I am a little sad by the proposed changes. At least our reservation there in November is for breakfast.
No salad to worry about at breakfast

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvGoldens View Post
Safe travels!
Old 09-17-2012, 01:56 PM   #824
RedfromNL
Mouseketeer

testing, testing...

Just seeing if I did this ticker thingie right.
Old 09-17-2012, 02:02 PM   #825
RedfromNL
Mouseketeer

Quote:
testing, testing...

Just seeing if I did this ticker thingie right.
Nope

Lets try again...
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: