Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2012, 09:44 PM   #796
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvGoldens

LOVE this shot! Lucky you! Still a few more sleeps for us.
Thanks! But I did have some help from my friend Instagram.
Old 09-15-2012, 10:37 PM   #797
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathymford
LOVE LOVE LOVE. So glad to be home.
Welcome Home! Today's little bit of rain was interesting but I'll take it over how hot southern California has been the last week. Today the hotel was the busiest I've seen all week, but I bet a noticeable amount of people will leave tomorrow.

Here is a picture we took looking up at our rooms this morning on our way to visit Animal Kingdom:

Then after playing around there we came back for the first seating of Hoop De Doo. We had AWESOME seats right up front and loved the show and the food, although Trails End ribs are still winning the competition

Tomorrow we start the day at WCC for breakfast.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-16-2012, 05:37 AM   #798
marymac123
DIS Veteran

I have to get packing done-We leave tomorrow morning!!!

Old 09-16-2012, 07:39 AM   #799
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvGoldens View Post
just saw this post on the restaurant thread about WCC changing its menu on Wednesday.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2993048
Thank you so much for posting this. I need to get over to that board more often. This might explain why the CMs were all too happy to give DD both a breakfast and lunch menu to take home.

What do you all think of these changes? I'm certain the motivation comes down simply to $$$. Taking away the skillet at lunch and salad at dinner makes financial sense for WCC and probably makes it easier on the servers and chefs. But, removing ā la carte options for the guest and thereby limiting choices probably won't be well received. Our DD, for example, doesn't like the skillet at dinner and DD and I prefer an ā la carte option at breakfast. I'm predicting that breakfast will eventually go the way of dinner. Reducing menu options seems to be a big trend at WDW and IMHO, an unfortunate one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandCalifornian View Post
Welcome Home! Today's little bit of rain was interesting but I'll take it over how hot southern California has been the last week. Today the hotel was the busiest I've seen all week, but I bet a noticeable amount of people will leave tomorrow.

Here is a picture we took looking up at our rooms this morning on our way to visit Animal Kingdom:

Then after playing around there we came back for the first seating of Hoop De Doo. We had AWESOME seats right up front and loved the show and the food, although Trails End ribs are still winning the competition

Tomorrow we start the day at WCC for breakfast.
Thanks for the fun photos.

When you're at WCC today, would you mind confirming the changes that are said to be taking place to the WCC menu on Wednesday? If you can't, don't worry about it - we can put marymac on the job

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymac123 View Post
I have to get packing done-We leave tomorrow morning!!!
Safe travels and we hope you have a wonderful vacation!
Old 09-16-2012, 07:49 AM   #800
JCTurner
Photographing the World one vacation at a time.

Movies under the stars November / December ?

Hi everyone

69 days to go and I was wondering whether the "movies under the stars" activities are still run in the late November early December season (given how cold the nights can be) ?

Thanks

J
2011: Disneyland Paris HNY / 2012: Wilderness Lodge / 2015: Yacht Club
For more pictures visit my Flickr Gallery HERE !

Old 09-16-2012, 10:51 AM   #801
guarn3md
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know if the tree will be up in the lobby during my trip 11/2-11/7? I have seen the tree two times, so if it isn't no biggie. Just would be a bonus! The times I have been there have been the week before Thanksgiving and everywhere is obviously decorated for the holidays. Just wondering what decorations we are going to see on this trip.
Thanks!!
Debbie
Old 09-16-2012, 11:18 AM   #802
guarn3md
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Unfortunately, the Deluxe rooms at WL are never included in any discounts. I've tried many times with both the military and AP rates and others have, too and it's not been included. But, that's not to say that might change, so don't give-up. I'd love to book a WL Deluxe room, too but not w/o the 40% off. Deluxe rooms (with CL) at BWI, GF and BC have been included in the mil. discount.
Just saw this post about Deluxe rooms and discounts. Anyone ever able to get a AAA discount on the deluxe rooms? I was hoping to reserve a deluxe room for Spring Break 2013 for 5 of us to share. I think it was $909 a night, rack rate. But if they allow the AAA that would be a good 10% savings. I haven't called yet to ask, wondering if anyone here knows!
Debbie
Old 09-16-2012, 11:20 AM   #803
doodlebug210
Earning My Ears

I just found out that DH has us booked in one of the honeymoon rooms for 11/30-12/3! We stayed at WL in a courtyard room in April/May and fell in love. My father just passed away so he made these reservations for a special treat for me to have something to look forward to. The best part is that the kids are not going with us!

The only issue is that he didn't tell me until a few days ago so getting ADRs (we are going to be on the DxDP) are pretty hard to get. I'll just keep trying...

Anyway, we are very excited about our first experience at CL at WL!

off site 1980, 1988
POP-8/2004
WL-4/2012
WL CL-12/2012
Old 09-16-2012, 02:30 PM   #804
kristainohio
Mouseketeer

Just checked in!! Arrived on the ME at 1:30 and our room was ready about 2:30. We are thrilled to be back and it's our first time bringing our DDs! I booked a standard view but I'm fairly certain we were upgraded since we have a king bed and bunk beds and are in room 5086. Anyone know? We are here till saturday and it seems very busy today. Hopefully the parks are still dead
Old 09-16-2012, 02:42 PM   #805
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristainohio View Post
Just checked in!! Arrived on the ME at 1:30 and our room was ready about 2:30. We are thrilled to be back and it's our first time bringing our DDs! I booked a standard view but I'm fairly certain we were upgraded since we have a king bed and bunk beds and are in room 5086. Anyone know? We are here till saturday and it seems very busy today. Hopefully the parks are still dead
I'm not aware of a king bed with bunks configuration - only a queen with bunks. The view would be the dead giveaway if you were upgraded. I believe that 5086 is in the North Wing and overlooks the smokehouse and is a Standard View, but you should be able to see some of Wishes tonight

Have a great evening and thanks for checking in with us - hope to hear more from you soon!
Old 09-16-2012, 02:46 PM   #806
kristainohio
Mouseketeer

You're right! It is a queen the bed looked bigger for some reason. Just was excited! Crossing fingers for wishes view! We can DEFINITELY hear wcc from here...the girls are napping and it was so loud. Thankfully my kids sleep like rocks! Btw the workers are renovating on the 5th floor and are around the corridor from where we are. Looking forward to WCC tomorrow!
Old 09-16-2012, 02:53 PM   #807
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTurner View Post
Hi everyone

69 days to go and I was wondering whether the "movies under the stars" activities are still run in the late November early December season (given how cold the nights can be) ?

Thanks

J
Yes, they are shown year 'round. It can be chilly in the evening/morning. The average high in November is in the upper 70s and the average low can be in the upper 50s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guarn3md View Post
Does anyone know if the tree will be up in the lobby during my trip 11/2-11/7? I have seen the tree two times, so if it isn't no biggie. Just would be a bonus! The times I have been there have been the week before Thanksgiving and everywhere is obviously decorated for the holidays. Just wondering what decorations we are going to see on this trip.
Thanks!!
Debbie
The decorations usually start going up right after Halloween so the tree should be up during your stay

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlebug210 View Post
I just found out that DH has us booked in one of the honeymoon rooms for 11/30-12/3! We stayed at WL in a courtyard room in April/May and fell in love. My father just passed away so he made these reservations for a special treat for me to have something to look forward to. The best part is that the kids are not going with us!

The only issue is that he didn't tell me until a few days ago so getting ADRs (we are going to be on the DxDP) are pretty hard to get. I'll just keep trying...

Anyway, we are very excited about our first experience at CL at WL!
My condolences to you on the passing of your father. What a thoughtful man.

You have a couple of ADR options: You can email the IPO and let them know what you want and when and they'll do it all for you, but there's no guarantee you'll get your preferred times/location. Or you can just do them yourself online. Have you tried to make them yet or contacted the IPO? I hope you have a great vacation
Old 09-16-2012, 02:57 PM   #808
midge3426
Mouseketeer

Just back. We had a nice vacation. The Wilderness Lodge was, as usual, magnificent. All the cast members were super nice, especially in Club Level. The only problem I had was getting access to the bathroom to get ready. I had two teenage girls with me and they spent a lot of time in the bathroom and in front of the mirror. I did not partake much of the Club Level food since I usually was not there when it was open, but the girls sure did and they certainly enjoyed themselves. What food I did try was excellent. I am really in awe of the art and architecture of the Wilderness Lodge---it is truly well done and absolutely amazing. I have to go do tons of laundry now and go to the grocery store. After seven days of Disney Dining, the family is hungry, especially the teenagers.
Old 09-16-2012, 04:10 PM   #809
cmdg
Mouseketeer

FD question

I read here that (sadly) the deluxe rooms are rarely discounted (so it looks like we will likely be switching to a standard, maybe standard club-level).

Are CL rooms counted in any FD offers that come out? Would deluxe rooms also be included in that?

Thanks!

303 days for us!
Old 09-16-2012, 04:55 PM   #810
doodlebug210
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
My condolences to you on the passing of your father. What a thoughtful man.

You have a couple of ADR options: You can email the IPO and let them know what you want and when and they'll do it all for you, but there's no guarantee you'll get your preferred times/location. Or you can just do them yourself online. Have you tried to make them yet or contacted the IPO? I hope you have a great vacation
I got online immediately and snagged a dinner at California Grille. DH wants Le Cellier, but I've come up empty handed for the whole weekend, probably due to the Candlelight Processional. I did get Artist Point (always a must do) and a few 1 credit TS for the weekend.

I have not contacted the IPO yet. I was waiting for DH to give me flight info. If I asked them to check for Le Cellier, would they keep checking like I do every day?

off site 1980, 1988
POP-8/2004
WL-4/2012
WL CL-12/2012
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: