Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 08:57 AM   #781
TheLodgeLady
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvGoldens View Post
Great pool shot Grand Californian!!! Only 1 more day of work then we're officially on vacation. Even though our flight doesn't actually leave till Monday at 3:00pm, as of 5:01 pm tomorrow I can start to get seriously excited (as if I'm not already)
Come on 5:01 today I hope you can concentrate at work today, I usually can't, just too excited.
Old 09-14-2012, 02:02 PM   #782
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandCalifornian View Post
Thanks, we love sharing it too. I have so many pictures to go through, but I downloaded some from the good camera to the iPad and sitting on the balcony this morning watching resort busses come and go I found a better water view one. I also found that I have taken a lot of the lobby from the room, but that view still really impresses me. I like having a lobby room, and we totally see the appeal of the "bear face" rooms now.

Here's the lodge from the water:

One of my favorite WDW views - thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandCalifornian View Post
Morning mug run:

And that was at almost 8:00 AM.
You have the resort pretty much to yourselves. The buses must be pretty empty? What's for dinner tonight?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-14-2012, 03:43 PM   #783
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Transportation changes on the way...

In an interview with Attractions Magazine, Walt Disney World Vice President for Transportation Samuel Lau revealed plans for the future of transportation at the resort.

The resort recently added 28 new buses to its fleet, bringing the total number to 319. After recent testing with a 60-foot articulated bus, there are also plans to purchase a few more of the longer buses to increase capacity. Of course, the larger buses require more space to pull up. A third bus loop will be added at the Magic Kingdom, which will probably take about a year to build.

In addition, more cameras will be added to the buses to supplement the existing camera facing the driver's compartment and front door. The new cameras will capture images outside the bus, allowing Disney to see what happens if a bus gets into an accident or if there's some other incident. The settlement last week of the lawsuit related to the death of a boy who rode his bicycle off of a sidewalk and into the side of a bus points up the possible use of information from these cameras.

Monorails will see a major change, as Disney is working on a new computer-controlled monorail system that will monitor and drive trains in real time, adjusting speeds, keeping safe distance, and enhance efficiency when transferring trains from one beam to another. Monorail drivers will continue to be on the trains, but would be responsible for enabling movement and making spiels to guests. They would no longer actively drive the trains. Despite this, guests would still not be allowed in the cockpit. The automated system would allow the central computer to handle trains to provide gaps during beam transfers that would not cause a complete stoppage of all trains on the beam.

Road work is also underway to increase capacity and improve traffic flow. A new lane has been added to Buena Vista Drive, along with a turn late onto Victory Way to allow traffic to flow more freely to the new Disney's Art of Animation Resort. The left turn lane from Osceola Parkway onto Sherberth Road near Disney's Animal Kingdom and Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge is being extended, and a new turn lane was extended at the entrance to the Magic Kingdom's bus loops.

From: http://www.mouseplanet.com/10110/Wal...date#transport
Old 09-14-2012, 04:26 PM   #784
jackemail
DIS Veteran

Appreciate the photos, GrandCalifornian!
Old 09-14-2012, 10:01 PM   #785
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK
You have the resort pretty much to yourselves. The buses must be pretty empty? What's for dinner tonight?
The busses usually have been about half full, except for leaving Epcot after Illuminations, then the first bus has been standing room only, but everybody waiting has made it on.

Tonight's dinner was Wolfgang Puck Express at Downtown Disney. It was our second visit there, and it is one of the best quick service values on the plan. Today's ADR was lunch at Hollywood and Vine in Hollywood Studios. Tomorrow will be Hoop De Doo, which we are all looking forward to.
Old 09-14-2012, 10:23 PM   #786
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackemail
Appreciate the photos, GrandCalifornian!
No problem, we enjoy taking and sharing them. Any requests?
Old 09-15-2012, 07:54 AM   #787
WDWKOOK

$399 Premium Annual Passes for DVC Members!

Leah Zanolla | Posted: Sep 12, 2012 | Updated: Sep 12, 2012

Members of the Disney Vacation Club (DVC) timeshare program will be the recipients of a great new perk beginning October 1. On a video posted on the DVC website this morning, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Claire Bilby, announced a new discount available from October 1 to December 31, 2012. For just $399, DVC members can purchase a Walt Disney World Premium Annual Pass. The normal price of these passes is $699, so that's a savings of $300 (DVC members normally pay $559 for a Premium Annual Pass, so it's still a substantial savings). A Premium Annual Pass allows access to all four theme parks, plus both water parks, Disney Quest Indoor Interactive Theme Park, ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex, Disney's Oak Trail Golf Course and free parking.

Passes aren't activated until they have been used for the first time, so take advantage of this deal while it's being offered even if your current annual pass hasn't expired. For DVC members to renew a regular annual pass, it is $385, so for $14 more, you would get the extra benefits a premium annual pass offers over a regular annual pass. DVC members have until December 31, 2013 to activate these passes.

After October 1, DVC members will also get 10% off merchandise at Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney's Aulani Resort & Spa, Disney's Vero Beach Resort, and Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort.
Old 09-15-2012, 08:02 AM   #788
TinkPirateMom
DIS Veteran

Love all the pics. Thanks GC! I have to tell my husband to get that photo kit thing for his i-pad. I don't plan on bringing my laptop so that will come in handy.

Thanks for the transportation update, Kook. I know a lot of people complain about Disney transportation, but I'm actually amazed at how well it runs.

As of today, our WL reservation is PAID IN FULL!!! We will be there in 49 days

Old 09-15-2012, 08:18 AM   #789
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkPirateMom View Post
Love all the pics. Thanks GC! I have to tell my husband to get that photo kit thing for his i-pad. I don't plan on bringing my laptop so that will come in handy.

Thanks for the transportation update, Kook. I know a lot of people complain about Disney transportation, but I'm actually amazed at how well it runs.

As of today, our WL reservation is PAID IN FULL!!! We will be there in 49 days
Congratulations on being PIF - it seems 'more real' now, doesn't it?

Disney transportation is amazing, I agree. But, the monorail's efficiency and usefulness has unfortunately diminished over the years. With the purchase of more buses and longer ones, it seems that Disney has figured out that buses are the most efficient and cost effective mode of transportation for them. They are extremely flexible in their usage and can easily add or take away buses on an as needed basis. They seem to be trending in the direction of making them the primary mode of transportation and are directing guests away from the monorail by taking it away as a transportation option during PM EMH. This isn't a big issue for most guests, but is a bone of contention for guests who have paid more to stay at the Poly and GF, who as an option, can't even walk to the MK. At least CR/BLT guests have the walkway as a monorail alternative.

If only the buses weren't so cold in the morning
Old 09-15-2012, 06:22 PM   #790
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

LOVE LOVE LOVE. So glad to be home.
Old 09-15-2012, 06:28 PM   #791
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathymford
LOVE LOVE LOVE. So glad to be home.

Last edited by Kathymford; 09-15-2012 at 06:46 PM.
Old 09-15-2012, 07:31 PM   #792
LuvGoldens
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathymford View Post
LOVE this shot! Lucky you! Still a few more sleeps for us.
Wilderness Lodge Sept 8-16, 2013
Disney Magic 7 nt Mediterranean, May 31, 2014
Old 09-15-2012, 07:40 PM   #793
monami7
DIS Veteran

I am really excited about staying there in Jan!
Old 09-15-2012, 07:58 PM   #794
LuvGoldens
Mouseketeer

just saw this post on the restaurant thread about WCC changing its menu on Wednesday.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2993048
Wilderness Lodge Sept 8-16, 2013
Disney Magic 7 nt Mediterranean, May 31, 2014
Old 09-15-2012, 09:32 PM   #795
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

GrandCalifornian- am loving your pics, the sun off the water...fantastic. We'll see if the lobby looks like that during Thanksgiving....I'm thinking not.
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: