Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 04:29 PM   #766
PamelaKay
DIS Veteran

No second page

Bump

Mar 2010 - AKL CL May 2010 - GF CL Nov 2010 - Dec 2010 POFQ and Poly CL
Mar 2011 - BWI, June 2011 CBR one night and split stay between WL and BCOct 2011 - POR and WL
March 2012 WL CL Oct 2012 WL CL and Dec 2012 WL CL
Mar 2013 YC CL, June 2013 Poly CL, Oct 2013 Hard Rock CL BWI CL and
Dec 2013 GF CL
Mar 2014 WL, June 2014 CR CL, and Oct/Nov 2014 WL CL
Old 09-13-2012, 04:36 PM   #767
ready2vacation
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Please thank your DH for his service and sacrifice to our country! Mine is retired from the Air Force, what branch was your DH? Isn't the 40% off fantastic and it's already been renewed through 2013

I would imagine it's hard to transition to off-site when you're used to on-site. But, some folks swear by it since you can have so much more room for less money. I guess it's a trade off, but at least you tried it to see how you'd feel about it. Have a safe trip home.

Your DD is precious! Did she do the stick pony race at WCC? You guys are so busy - not a minute wasted!
We are retired AF, too! He retired at Pope in 2005. The only reason we didn't use the discount this time is I had booked and cancelled offsite a couple of years ago and had a big deposit that I would lose completely if I didn't go ahead and use it this trip. Never again!! Do you happen to know if the deluxe club level are ever included in the military discount? The dates we tried didn't have it, but wasn't sure if it was just already booked by others. Thanks!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-13-2012, 04:45 PM   #768
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaKay View Post
Bump
You are the bestest bumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ready2vacation View Post
We are retired AF, too! He retired at Pope in 2005. The only reason we didn't use the discount this time is I had booked and cancelled offsite a couple of years ago and had a big deposit that I would lose completely if I didn't go ahead and use it this trip. Never again!! Do you happen to know if the deluxe club level are ever included in the military discount? The dates we tried didn't have it, but wasn't sure if it was just already booked by others. Thanks!
Mine retired in '07, but he still works as a DoD civilian for the same agency he worked on AD. So you decided not to stay in NC? It's nice you're not paying state income tax anymore

Unfortunately, the Deluxe rooms at WL are never included in any discounts. I've tried many times with both the military and AP rates and others have, too and it's not been included. But, that's not to say that might change, so don't give-up. I'd love to book a WL Deluxe room, too but not w/o the 40% off. Deluxe rooms (with CL) at BWI, GF and BC have been included in the mil. discount.
Old 09-13-2012, 04:49 PM   #769
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejrj
wow. I see myself spending A LOT of time on that bridge watching my two, two year olds run back and forth...back...and forth...etc,etc,etc!

Question:

Can you give me approx drive times to:

DTD
HS
EP
AK

Thanks!
Yes she loves it! As for drive times I can't help since we are just using the Disney transportation. DTD takes about 20 min on the bus, and HS, AK, and Epcot are pretty similar (about 20 min) depending on how long you have to wait for the bus. MK is like 5 min by bus or 8-10 by boat, but the boats are more fun.
Old 09-13-2012, 04:54 PM   #770
ready2vacation
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
You are the bestest bumper

Mine retired in '07, but he still works as a DoD civilian for the same agency he worked on AD. So you decided not to stay in NC? It's nice you're not paying state income tax anymore

Unfortunately, the Deluxe rooms at WL are never included in any discounts. I've tried many times with both the military and AP rates and others have, too and it's not been included. But, that's not to say that might change, so don't give-up. I'd love to book a WL Deluxe room, too but not w/o the 40% off. Deluxe rooms (with CL) at BWI, GF and BC have been included in the mil. discount.
Thanks for the confirmation on the deluxe rooms. That really would be a sweet deal, but figured it was too much to hope for!! I'm from NC, but I had a fantastic career opportunity in Nashville that I couldn't pass up...and LOVE no income tax . Told my husband he could follow "me" for a change

Thanks for all of the great information! We're still on the fence between the Poly and WL, but I really liked the "feeling" at WL. We have a 10 month old daughter now (LOL, 15 years of marriage and we FINALLY got pregnant), so the monorail may come into play for us.
Old 09-13-2012, 05:00 PM   #771
CaliKT
Mouseketeer

ready2vacation, I don't think there is a bad choice there! We stayed at the Poly last December and loved it. This year, the prices there were very high, but we got a good deal at WL. We think our kids will love it as much as they loved the Poly, but they are older (7 and 5). Plus I hear the Lodge is gorgeous at Christmas.

But with a little one, being on the monorail is so nice. We loved being able to walk to TTC to catch the monorail directly to Epcot or walking to the longhouse to get to the MK.
Old 09-13-2012, 05:04 PM   #772
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

The pool this afternoon. Not bad at all.

Old 09-13-2012, 09:19 PM   #773
LuvGoldens
Mouseketeer

Great pool shot Grand Californian!!! Only 1 more day of work then we're officially on vacation. Even though our flight doesn't actually leave till Monday at 3:00pm, as of 5:01 pm tomorrow I can start to get seriously excited (as if I'm not already)
Wilderness Lodge Sept 8-16, 2013
Disney Magic 7 nt Mediterranean, May 31, 2014
Old 09-13-2012, 09:21 PM   #774
luvallprincesses
DIS Veteran

We have had two reservations held for Nov 23-Dec 1 since April. One with free dining at WL and the other a reservation at the Dolphin with the teacher rate. After doing the math with all the extra expenses at the Dolphin and eating mostly counter service instead of TS, figured it would only cost $300 more to stay at WL...where DH has wanted to stay every since eating at WCC on our honeymoon in 1997 - 15 years ago. We finally made a decision tonight to stay at WL; our first time at any deluxe. Very excited to have made the decision! We have Woods View booked. I am wondering, if we don't get a good view (MK Wishes?) when we check in on the day after Thanksgiving, would it be crazy to check with the front desk about a room move after the Thanksgiving crowds have died down on Sunday? I have never heard of anyone doing this or if it would be worth the time/hassle or if they would even consider allowing a move for a "view"?

Aug 1997 CBR, April 2005 POP, May 2005 ASM
Dec 2006 POP, Nov/Dec 2009 POR, Nov/Dec 2011 POFQ
Nov/Dec 2012 WL Jan 2014 BC
Old 09-13-2012, 09:37 PM   #775
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Congratulations luvallprincesses! We honeymooned at WL five years ago and considered other resorts for this trip, but we are Soooo glad we came home to WL. The dining plan is the other hit of the trip, and my parents are really impressed with all the great food from the free dining plan.

Today we started at MK and enjoyed really low crowds in the morning, despite arriving about 9:30 on a day when EMH started at 8. We again were surprised by the lack of people.

Then about 3:00 we headed back to the lodge to rent a boat. We went out a little before 4, which wasn't the best light for pictures, but we got a few good ones. After the trip I will post more, but here is one for tonight:

Old 09-14-2012, 04:38 AM   #776
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Happy Friday Lodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ready2vacation View Post
Thanks for the confirmation on the deluxe rooms. That really would be a sweet deal, but figured it was too much to hope for!! I'm from NC, but I had a fantastic career opportunity in Nashville that I couldn't pass up...and LOVE no income tax . Told my husband he could follow "me" for a change

Thanks for all of the great information! We're still on the fence between the Poly and WL, but I really liked the "feeling" at WL. We have a 10 month old daughter now (LOL, 15 years of marriage and we FINALLY got pregnant), so the monorail may come into play for us.
I LOVE the monorail, but I have to say, in recent years, it's not been as reliable or useful as it used to be - fewer hours, more stoppages, more offline. I used to dislike the buses, but in recent years I've grown to like them (when they aren't SRO), and I especially like the boats from WL. When you have a stroller though, the monorail is mighty convenient and so is being able to walk to a park or another resort, so I understand your quandary. Maybe a CR/WL split is in order?

I like that DH 'followed' you and you're not too far from NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvGoldens View Post
Great pool shot Grand Californian!!! Only 1 more day of work then we're officially on vacation. Even though our flight doesn't actually leave till Monday at 3:00pm, as of 5:01 pm tomorrow I can start to get seriously excited (as if I'm not already)
Love the daily dose of WL, too GC

I hope 5:01 comes quickly for you today

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvallprincesses View Post
We have had two reservations held for Nov 23-Dec 1 since April. One with free dining at WL and the other a reservation at the Dolphin with the teacher rate. After doing the math with all the extra expenses at the Dolphin and eating mostly counter service instead of TS, figured it would only cost $300 more to stay at WL...where DH has wanted to stay every since eating at WCC on our honeymoon in 1997 - 15 years ago. We finally made a decision tonight to stay at WL; our first time at any deluxe. Very excited to have made the decision! We have Woods View booked. I am wondering, if we don't get a good view (MK Wishes?) when we check in on the day after Thanksgiving, would it be crazy to check with the front desk about a room move after the Thanksgiving crowds have died down on Sunday? I have never heard of anyone doing this or if it would be worth the time/hassle or if they would even consider allowing a move for a "view"?
Congratulations! If you don't get your preferred view upon check-in, the room assignor will look in the system to see when that view will open up and they can switch you to it. What time will you be checking in? Also, make certain your room location request is noted in your reservation now. Happy planning!
Old 09-14-2012, 06:24 AM   #777
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK

Love the daily dose of WL, too GC
Thanks, we love sharing it too. I have so many pictures to go through, but I downloaded some from the good camera to the iPad and sitting on the balcony this morning watching resort busses come and go I found a better water view one. I also found that I have taken a lot of the lobby from the room, but that view still really impresses me. I like having a lobby room, and we totally see the appeal of the "bear face" rooms now.

Here's the lodge from the water:

Old 09-14-2012, 07:21 AM   #778
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Morning mug run:

And that was at almost 8:00 AM.
Old 09-14-2012, 08:17 AM   #779
hbr03
Earning My Ears

Wow! I hope the low crowds hold out a few more weeks! We're down to 22 days!!!

Love seeing all the pics... Thanks for sharing!

Old 09-14-2012, 08:56 AM   #780
TheLodgeLady
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandCalifornian View Post
Congratulations luvallprincesses! We honeymooned at WL five years ago and considered other resorts for this trip, but we are Soooo glad we came home to WL. The dining plan is the other hit of the trip, and my parents are really impressed with all the great food from the free dining plan.

Today we started at MK and enjoyed really low crowds in the morning, despite arriving about 9:30 on a day when EMH started at 8. We again were surprised by the lack of people.

Then about 3:00 we headed back to the lodge to rent a boat. We went out a little before 4, which wasn't the best light for pictures, but we got a few good ones. After the trip I will post more, but here is one for tonight:

Nice shot at the Lodge!! Love the clouds.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: