Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2012, 03:10 PM   #61
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scanne View Post
We are here at WL OFC. Already in love!!! We have room 7052 with a view of the castle and contemporary and space mountain. Room was ready at 10 when we got here! Magic! Cannot see myself staying anywhere else anymore!!!
Isn't it wonderful???? We were in room 7042 - so you must not be far from where we were. . We had a great view of the castle from there.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 08-04-2012, 04:08 PM   #62
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
I want to make sure that everyone who is eligible is aware that as of today, the Military Salute tickets and room-only offer has been unoffically extended. Here is a link to more info:

http://www.militarydisneytips.com/Di...es-Salute.html

!![/B]
Thank you Disney for the military discount

And THANK YOU military for doing what you do for US!!
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-04-2012, 04:11 PM   #63
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We are checking out of POR today and checking in to WL OFC!!!! I am so so so so so excited!!!!! First club level stay ever but no stranger to WL! I truly cannot wait to get "home!"

Enjoy!!
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

Old 08-04-2012, 05:23 PM   #64
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by StEpHandMiKe<3Disney View Post
Waking up at the WL!!!!!
B-eautiful, Steph!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagrandma View Post
Looking forward to our first stay at WL on Aug. 19th. Love the new thread. Thanks for starting it. Love the pics.
to the WL/VWL thread, flagrandma! We check-in to WL just a few days after you. You're going to love WL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie View Post
Thank you Disney for the military discount

And THANK YOU military for doing what you do for US!!
Ditto

Quote:
We are here at WL OFC. Already in love!!! We have room 7052 with a view of the castle and contemporary and space mountain. Room was ready at 10 when we got here! Magic! Cannot see myself staying anywhere else anymore!!!
We know just what you mean - isn't it just perfect?! Enjoy every minute and will you be watching Wishes from your balcony tonight?
Old 08-04-2012, 05:27 PM   #65
cwt580
DIS Veteran

tic toc... tic toc....urghhhhhhhhhhhh All these pics etc are making me more restless to get there....

Old 08-04-2012, 05:40 PM   #66
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwt580 View Post
tic toc... tic toc....urghhhhhhhhhhhh All these pics etc are making me more restless to get there....

Old 08-04-2012, 06:11 PM   #67
Jungle Cruiser
DIS Veteran

Oh KOOK, I know there will be no discounts for 12/31 and 1/1 However, come 1/2 the price should drop. Just wanted to make sure we had the room.

In honor of the new thread I made a second ticker for the WL trip
Old 08-04-2012, 06:17 PM   #68
scanne
OK, I must have really small ears
It is great to get exposure
Might get a tutorial from a student

Location: NJ but I wish I lived somewhere in Florida like Cinderella's Castle!

Kook,
Yes fireworks at 10 on the balcony!
Old 08-04-2012, 07:37 PM   #69
PrincessesX3
Mouseketeer

2 weeks from today, we will be checking in to WL. Can't wait for those lobby doors to open.

thanks for the new thread, KOOK!!
Old 08-04-2012, 07:47 PM   #70
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Cruiser View Post
Oh KOOK, I know there will be no discounts for 12/31 and 1/1 However, come 1/2 the price should drop. Just wanted to make sure we had the room.

In honor of the new thread I made a second ticker for the WL trip
LOVE the WL ticker, JC! It's the must-have ticker for late summer 2012

Quote:
Kook,
Yes fireworks at 10 on the balcony!
Fantastic! Don't forget the EWP at 0935 - you can watch it from the CL lounge while you partake in cobbler and brownies and perhaps an adult beverage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessesX3 View Post
2 weeks from today, we will be checking in to WL. Can't wait for those lobby doors to open.

thanks for the new thread, KOOK!!
You're welcome. I know just how you feel, we check-in for our first stay at BLT two weeks from today. How long will you be staying at WL?
Old 08-04-2012, 07:55 PM   #71
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It's pics like this that makes me love the WL even more than I already do . I just booked a *possible* free dining trip for December and couldn't decide between WL CL and AKL CL. When given a choice between the two, my DH and both DSs wanted AKL . We all love both resorts, but for some reason they went with AKL, which surprised me. I have always wanted to try AKL CL as I hear it's wonderful, but the WL just keeps calling my name for some reason.....so we'll see what happens .

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessesX3 View Post
Have a great trip .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 08-04-2012, 08:23 PM   #72
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
It's pics like this that makes me love the WL even more than I already do . I just booked a *possible* free dining trip for December and couldn't decide between WL CL and AKL CL. When given a choice between the two, my DH and both DSs wanted AKL . We all love both resorts, but for some reason they went with AKL, which surprised me. I have always wanted to try AKL CL as I hear it's wonderful, but the WL just keeps calling my name for some reason.....so we'll see what happens .

Have a great trip .
I took that at sunrise last August. I get a little sad when I see it because it was our check-out morning, but it was our best vacation ever, so that puts a big smile on my face

Where's your December ticker?! Can you do a split? Maybe DH and the DSs just want to try something new, so the split might be the answer? It could be the trip of two Lodges! hstrickland has been doing a wonderful TR on her recent stay at AKL/CL and their cruise. Have you seen it?
Old 08-04-2012, 08:39 PM   #73
PrincessesX3
Mouseketeer

Quote:

You're welcome. I know just how you feel, we check-in for our first stay at BLT two weeks from today. How long will you be staying at WL?
10 nights/11 days, this is our second time at WL. We absolutely love it.
Old 08-04-2012, 08:54 PM   #74
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I took that at sunrise last August. I get a little sad when I see it because it was our check-out morning, but it was our best vacation ever, so that puts a big smile on my face

Where's your December ticker?! Can you do a split? Maybe DH and the DSs just want to try something new, so the split might be the answer? It could be the trip of two Lodges! hstrickland has been doing a wonderful TR on her recent stay at AKL/CL and their cruise. Have you seen it?
It's a great pic . I can see it being sad for you, but you will be back at the lodge and seeing that in person very soon . I haven't done a ticker yet because the trip is not a definite go (plus I literally JUST booked 10 minutes ago ). There is a slim possibility that we'll go, but I figured it's better to have a ressie and cancel if we have to than to go to book later and not get what we want. We will only go for 4 or 5 nights and DH isn't much for split stays on such short trips, so he wouldn't want a split. We did a 2/4 split in December 2010 and DH wasn't too thrilled to have to move after the first 2 nights and just when we were getting settled into the 2nd resort, it was time to pack up and go home....so he asked that I don't do anymore splits . I'll have to look at hstrickland's TR. I think I remember reading it when she just started it, so I'll have to find it and look at it again. If I remember correctly she had some great pics of the lounge, which I think I'll love as the seating looks similar to the lounge in OFC .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 08-05-2012, 03:13 AM   #75
midge3426
Mouseketeer

Wow, great thread Wdwkook. We love Wilderness Lodge and this has so much great information. Last year, we decided that we would try the Grand Floridian. It was nice, but rather boring. In fact, we had to stop at the Lodge on our way out of Disney to look around. We will be there Club Level on September 8th and we are all excited.
Here is a picture I took last year on our brief visit.

WILDERNESS LODGE by midge3426, on Flickr
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: