Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 06:08 PM   #721
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

GrandCalifornian - loving all of your photos! If possible, it's making me MORE excited. We leave in 5 days! I hope to find the resort just as empty. How's the weather?
Old 09-10-2012, 06:20 PM   #722
R2-JD
It was all started by Walt Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK
Will you be posting on vacation? We all love living vicariously through other Lodgers
Yes, we just picked up the card reader adapter for our iPads so we can upload pics from our camera.

JD
2013(Sept) WDW Wilderness Lodge
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-10-2012, 06:44 PM   #723
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
The WL bus to the MK is non-stop and doesn't share with any other resorts. It takes about 5 minutes.
Awesome! That's how it was last time we stayed there! Thank you kindly!

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
Old 09-10-2012, 07:08 PM   #724
marymac123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2-JD View Post
Yes, we just picked up the card reader adapter for our iPads so we can upload pics from our camera.

JD
I have to go get one of those tomorrow, instead of changing cards I just want to empty it to the ipad. I wish I was not computer/tech challenged or I would try to post too.

Old 09-10-2012, 07:50 PM   #725
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2-JD View Post

JD
So what exactly is this card reader adapter called (please don't say 'it's called a card reader adapter!')

Thanks
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

Old 09-10-2012, 08:00 PM   #726
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie View Post
So what exactly is this card reader adapter called (please don't say 'it's called a card reader adapter!')

Thanks

Hahaha Nevermind!! I looked it up all by myself! Google is a wonderful thing! Guess I need one of 'em!

We'll be home soon...

Last edited by CuteAsMinnie; 09-10-2012 at 09:04 PM.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:16 PM   #727
R2-JD
It was all started by Walt Disney!

Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit

You can plug in a USB cable or an SD card and load your pics onto your iPad. You can get non-Apple versions as well.

JD

EDIT: Oops, you already answered your own question while I was replying
2013(Sept) WDW Wilderness Lodge
Old 09-10-2012, 09:00 PM   #728
minniesbiggiestfan
Mouseketeer

almost time!!

Im loving all the pictures, I cant wait to lay my own eyes on this place for the first time!! Just gotta get packing.. so much to do!!..

4 days and we will be in the greatest place on earth and our first visit to the WL!!

ill have my laptop with me, so I will be posting pictures.. esp of my ds birthday cake..gotta find a cool place to eat it.. maybe in the CL lounge..

Me
Dh
Ds (11)
Dd (8)
Old 09-10-2012, 09:06 PM   #729
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniesbiggiestfan View Post
Im loving all the pictures, I cant wait to lay my own eyes on this place for the first time!! Just gotta get packing.. so much to do!!..

4 days and we will be in the greatest place on earth and our first visit to the WL!!

ill have my laptop with me, so I will be posting pictures.. esp of my ds birthday cake..gotta find a cool place to eat it.. maybe in the CL lounge..
Ya for you!!!
Enjoy and Happy Birthday to your DH!!
We'll be home soon...

Old 09-10-2012, 09:58 PM   #730
my2lovedisney
Mouseketeer

I'm at the Lodge now and must say..I'm in love!!!! This place is amazing! We had some pixie dust upon arrival and were upgraded from a standard view room to courtyard!!! Woohoo! Now I'm hoping my husband gets healthy quick!!! He's battling a stomach bug! Booo

5/1998-DL, 9/2011 AKL, 9/2012 WL, We're coming home 9/2013 back to WL

Old 09-10-2012, 10:17 PM   #731
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2lovedisney
I'm at the Lodge now and must say..I'm in love!!!! This place is amazing! We had some pixie dust upon arrival and were upgraded from a standard view room to courtyard!!! Woohoo! Now I'm hoping my husband gets healthy quick!!! He's battling a stomach bug! Booo
We are loving it too, but my wife is fighting a similar stomach bug. Did he drink from the in room coffee maker? We thought that might have been the start of my wife's issues, since that was the only thing she did differently than the rest of us. Could just be a bug. I hope he feels better, and Tylenol and Pepto Bismol with a long morning nap seems to be working for my wife.

You do have to love the pixie dust though. . Enjoy your stay!
Old 09-10-2012, 10:24 PM   #732
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathymford
GrandCalifornian - loving all of your photos! If possible, it's making me MORE excited. We leave in 5 days! I hope to find the resort just as empty. How's the weather?
I am glad you are enjoying the pics. It is just so exciting to be here and I know how you just can't wait! I spent a huge part of my last week home on the Dis looking at pics. The weather has been pretty good, even for another spoiled Californian. Yesterday we had rain in the morning, but it was a light drizzle and didn't keep us out of MK. The boats were pretty wet though. It cleared up by lunch and we didn't get rained on again. Today was clear all day, warmer, and pretty humid. The air conditioning felt really good in the middle of the day, but it was still cooler than when we were here in June. It cools off nice at night, with a breeze that seems cool and dryer. There was some lightning around last night and tonight, but nothing close enough for us to get any rain.

Enjoy your packing and a few more days of our SoCal weather, and you will be here soon!
Old 09-10-2012, 10:31 PM   #733
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
A rare site - no children. I imagine you're only seeing mostly pre-school aged children like your DD?

I'm glad you liked TE - did you have a loaded tater? What's on the menu for dinner tonight?
I guess I am replying to these in reverse order, but yes, TE was amazing, and I loved the pulled pork as a tater topping! The star for me though was the fall off the bone pork ribs, which were probably the best I have had anywhere, let alone at a buffet!

Today we had our big meal for lunch at Tusker House at AK. It was very nice and our daughter enjoyed the characters. The food was somewhat exotic (especially compared to TE's meat and potatoes) but was still really good. Then for dinner we actually voyaged over to the Pop food court. We had been wanting to see it, and while it was good we still love Roarin Forks and wouldn't be willing to trade. The tie dye cheesecake was worth the trip though, and I followed it up with late night ice cream back at the lodge.

A lot of the kids we see are young, but there are a fair number of older ones, probably early elementary school age. I guess they are missing some school. The big thing we notice is just a general lack of people overall, especially compared to what we remember from coming in June.
Old 09-10-2012, 10:38 PM   #734
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Here is a picture from Bay Lake this afternoon on our way over to MK. It got cloudy but didn't rain. We do love the lake and the boats. Later in the week we will get more pics when we rent a pontoon boat.

Old 09-11-2012, 02:04 AM   #735
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandCalifornian

I am glad you are enjoying the pics. It is just so exciting to be here and I know how you just can't wait! I spent a huge part of my last week home on the Dis looking at pics. The weather has been pretty good, even for another spoiled Californian. Yesterday we had rain in the morning, but it was a light drizzle and didn't keep us out of MK. The boats were pretty wet though. It cleared up by lunch and we didn't get rained on again. Today was clear all day, warmer, and pretty humid. The air conditioning felt really good in the middle of the day, but it was still cooler than when we were here in June. It cools off nice at night, with a breeze that seems cool and dryer. There was some lightning around last night and tonight, but nothing close enough for us to get any rain.

Enjoy your packing and a few more days of our SoCal weather, and you will be here soon!
This makes me so happy. Thanks for the details. The rare humidity we're having in California right now I think is just for me. Vacation prep!! Ha. Tanks for helping me pass the days!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: