Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 10:26 PM   #691
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

The two iPads fit in the safe (in response to an earlier question from LuvGoldens). The big OtterBox case barely fits through the door, but it does and there would be room for two of them in there.

Last edited by GrandCalifornian; 09-08-2012 at 10:55 PM.
Old 09-08-2012, 11:04 PM   #692
LuvGoldens
Mouseketeer

Perfect GrandCalifornian! Thanks so much for the picture, it's exactly what I was looking for. Have a fabulous trip!!!!!

Seeing your lobby arrival pic is making me very excited
Wilderness Lodge Sept 8-16, 2013
Disney Magic 7 nt Mediterranean, May 31, 2014
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-09-2012, 05:58 AM   #693
marymac123
DIS Veteran

Was so busy yesterday with a tag sale that I totally forgot to do my...

SINGLE DIGIT DANCE!!!
8 DAYS
Horrible day yesterday here in NY-rain, wind, tornado warnings but still made $150 for some extra spending Disney $$. Today should be better

Old 09-09-2012, 07:47 AM   #694
TheLodgeLady
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandCalifornian View Post
We are here! We had to spend some time on ME, but when we arrived there was nobody at checkin and we got connecting rooms on the sixth floor above the checkin desk overlooking the lobby. We are in love!

You just that that certain "feeling". So glad you made it. Enjoy!!!
Old 09-09-2012, 07:54 AM   #695
TheLodgeLady
Mouseketeer

The Weather

To all those Lodgers who are there today and will be going this week. Well it looks like we will be getting some pretty heavy rains today and maybe into tomorrow morning.

But, not to worry!! This is our (Central Florida's) first cold front of the year! The rest of the week looks like it will be amazing!! They are even saying we will be getting lower humidity!

So, all who are there and will be there - enjoy!!!!
Old 09-09-2012, 07:54 AM   #696
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiasmom View Post
We did. Walked right on the bus the way there. They way back we had to coordinate the time the day before but we got the time we wanted 9 pm

Amy
That's good to know for others who may be arriving late and staying the night at the MCO Hyatt.

Quote:
The two iPads fit in the safe (in response to an earlier question from LuvGoldens). The big OtterBox case barely fits through the door, but it does and there would be room for two of them in there.

Thanks for the photo. Are you able to close and lock the door? The locking mechanism protrudes into the safe and takes up some room, (and could also scratch what's in there, so make sure you have your devices covered.) I really LOVE those huge floor safes at the CR/BLT, Poly and GF - wish WL had those, too since they fit laptops, etc...

Where are you off to today?
Quote:
Originally Posted by marymac123 View Post
Was so busy yesterday with a tag sale that I totally forgot to do my...

SINGLE DIGIT DANCE!!!
8 DAYS
Horrible day yesterday here in NY-rain, wind, tornado warnings but still made $150 for some extra spending Disney $$. Today should be better
Those storms blew through NoVA, too - right after I mowed and cleaned up the yard/driveway. Not only are you a little richer, but you got rid of stuff you weren't using
Old 09-09-2012, 08:00 AM   #697
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLodgeLady View Post
To all those Lodgers who are there today and will be going this week. Well it looks like we will be getting some pretty heavy rains today and maybe into tomorrow morning.

But, not to worry!! This is our (Central Florida's) first cold front of the year! The rest of the week looks like it will be amazing!! They are even saying we will be getting lower humidity!

Our temps really dropped here, too last night after the storm. It's only 64 here now and it's been highs in the upper 80's to 90's for months.

We LOVED going to the MK the day that Isaac passed by. We had our rain gear and umbrellas and there was hardly anyone in the park - everything was a walk-on until the afternoon. It was very humid, but no sunscreen to worry about and it was amazing walking into the park in front of Tony's and City Hall and we were the only ones for a few minutes. If you have coats, hats and waterproof shoes, go to the parks! (As long as there isn't lightening) They even take Photopass photos, which was lots of fun.
Old 09-09-2012, 09:30 AM   #698
bluecastle
Mouseketeer

Finally caught up! Back to school busyness has kept me from spending time here.
Thank you to everyone for sharing your photos and WL experiences. It is so nice to be able to come here and just soak up the WL vibes-all the excitement, and the understanding that all it takes is driving up to the entrance or walking through those doors into the lobby to feel that you are in your happy place. Thanks!!
'81 offsite, 4/90 Polynesian, 8/91 Beach Club, 7/92 Pt. Orleans, 10/94 Polynesian, 10/96 Caribbean Beach, 6/00 Wilderness Lodge, 6/02 Portofino/Polynesian, 12/09 Wilderness Lodge, 8/14 Portofino/Villas at Wilderness Lodge

Old 09-09-2012, 11:00 AM   #699
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLodgeLady View Post

This spoiled California girl would love some lower humidity!! We leave next Saturday; I hope it holds!! 6 days!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

Our temps really dropped here, too last night after the storm. It's only 64 here now and it's been highs in the upper 80's to 90's for months.

We LOVED going to the MK the day that Isaac passed by. We had our rain gear and umbrellas and there was hardly anyone in the park - everything was a walk-on until the afternoon. It was very humid, but no sunscreen to worry about and it was amazing walking into the park in front of Tony's and City Hall and we were the only ones for a few minutes. If you have coats, hats and waterproof shoes, go to the parks! (As long as there isn't lightening) They even take Photopass photos, which was lots of fun.
When we went on our first trip last October, they had some freak "weather system" and got 7" in one day! Of course it was our first full day. We couldn't find a photo pass person in sight. But we we ran from ride to ride anyway. The ponchos didn't come off all day!

I can handle a little rain. I just hope it's not like that!!
Old 09-09-2012, 01:17 PM   #700
tinkerrn
Needing 'pixie dust'!!

I am sooo thrilled about booking our next trip back to the WL CL!!!
Old 09-09-2012, 01:38 PM   #701
nickymaria
Mouseketeer

Sign me up! I'm very much enjoying all of the information on this thread - so thorough!
We check into WL on 10/21 for 5 nights and I can't wait! We'll be at AoA for three nights before with my sister and niece, but then my two girls and I check into a Woods View Bunk Room at WL. DH may or may not join us depending on his work schedule, but girls' only is just fine with me too!
Haven't stayed here before so we're very excited. My dinner at Artist's Point March of last year was my favorite and I loved the feel of the resort!
So do you all think I should request a Wishes view? I tend to prefer a higher floor, but the resort looks compact enough that any location *should* be fine.
I'm still holding out hope that a CL room with my bounceback rate comes available before we arrive... Wishing for some
04/1998 - CBR, 05/2006 - Off site, 11/2008 - SSR, 1/2010 - BCV, 12/2010 - AKL, 3/2011 - Dolphin, 11/2011 - CBR, 3/2012 - BLT & BWV, 10/2012 - AoA & WL, 2/2013 - Off site (boo!), 4/2013 Disneyland, 11/2013 - BCV, 3/2013 Cruised the Wonder!

No current ticker, but hoping for a 3/2105 Fantasy Cruise...
Old 09-09-2012, 01:50 PM   #702
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK

Thanks for the photo. Are you able to close and lock the door? The locking mechanism protrudes into the safe and takes up some room, (and could also scratch what's in there, so make sure you have your devices covered.) I really LOVE those huge floor safes at the CR/BLT, Poly and GF - wish WL had those, too since they fit laptops, etc...

Where are you off to today?
This was a quiet morning with breakfast at Roarin Forks before heading out. We had planned on Epcot, but switched to MK and got our first small world trip of many to come. It is DD's favorite. Then we came back to the room for the afternoon and tonight we are heading to Trail's End. So far it is a great first day.

The safe is deep enough for the lock mechanism to fit, but it does stick inside a bit on the left side. I ended up putting the second iPad in its bag in there too.

If anyone has any questions or pic requests just let me know. I am taking LOTS of pictures.

Last edited by GrandCalifornian; 09-09-2012 at 02:35 PM.
Old 09-09-2012, 04:31 PM   #703
LuvGoldens
Mouseketeer

Quote:
If anyone has any questions or pic requests just let me know. I am taking LOTS of pictures.
Grand Californian - can you tell us what the movies on the beach schedule is for September?

Thanks
Wilderness Lodge Sept 8-16, 2013
Disney Magic 7 nt Mediterranean, May 31, 2014
Old 09-09-2012, 04:41 PM   #704
mom4graceandlogan
DIS Veteran

Can someone direct me to info on who to make room requests to? I know I have seen it on here and have searched the thread and scrolled thru and can't find it. We check in Friday so I assume it may even be too late to make a request. Do I call reservations or someone else? anyone to email? We have a courtyard view and I really want to request a lake view and not get the view of the Villas pool hopefully. I know it is only a request but wanted to make it. We stopped making requests years ago because it was so much fun to show up and find out where you would be, we like all the views even the courtyard pool but my husband loved our room at the end of the hall facing the lake(last two times) got it by luck, that he asked that I try to request a lake view again.
2003; Gracie's first trip Wilderness Lodge;May, 2005 Logan's first trip Wilderness Lodge; December, 2005 Wilderness Lodge;January 2007 Poly and WL Marathon Weekend; Sept 2007 10 days WL/Poly;Sept 2008 10 days BCV/WLV; June 2009 Swan; Thanksgiving Fort WIlderness/Contemporary200;June 2010 Wilderness Lodge, September 2010 Grand Floridian and Wilderness Lodge; December 2010 Wilderness Lodge and Swan; September, 2011 WL and Dolphin; Buying a house instead of a 2012 trip, actually going anyway and got new house. Sept. 2012 10 days WL/BC concierge, July 2013 AoA and WBC to do all the Orlando attractions we never get to; Sept. 2013 WL Villas and BWV, 4/2014 Chaperone chorus trip to POP, September 2014, Beach club than Universal RPR, youngest finally big enough for Spiderman!
Old 09-09-2012, 05:21 PM   #705
mickeyworld
DIS Veteran

We get there on Thursday and want a great view but I think. But being close to elevator has IRS appeal. Guess I hope for 5th or 4th floor. Any 1 bedroom villas you just love.. Send me the number.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: