Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 08:35 PM   #601
StEpHandMiKe<3Disney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumzDj View Post
Bam!!!!, booked a standard and upgraded to a bunk bed courtyard view. So stoked for my family
Did you just check in? How awesome! Love some pixie dust for our end of September trip. Send some my way!
WDW '07 ~ WL Honeymoon WDW '08 ~ WL 1st Anniversary DL Aug '08 ~ HOJO WDW '09 ~ WL 2nd Anniversary WDW Feb '10 ~ WL my Birthday! DL July '10 ~ HOJO WDW May '11 ~ WL 4th Anniversary A WDW Christmas '11 WL WDW Halloween '12
WDW May 2017 WL Daughter's First Trip
Old 09-02-2012, 09:07 PM   #602
DrumzDj
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by StEpHandMiKe<3Disney View Post
Did you just check in? How awesome! Love some pixie dust for our end of September trip. Send some my way!
They didn't even tell us. I knew something was up once I realized that the odd number rooms faced the courtyard.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-03-2012, 07:58 AM   #603
marymac123
DIS Veteran

TWO WEEKS

Old 09-03-2012, 08:01 AM   #604
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymac123 View Post
TWO WEEKS
It will go by fast!!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 09-03-2012, 08:33 AM   #605
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

As of the end of August, the rehab is currently being completed on floors 1 and 2 of the South Wing and is slightly ahead of schedule. The rehab should be completed in the next couple of weeks. Crown molding and some ceiling modifications may occur after the rehab is completed and all rooms are back in inventory.

These photos show the mattresses piled up in front of the sliding glass doors:

Old 09-03-2012, 08:35 AM   #606
vbarry
DIS Veteran

Can anyone tell me if the WL has entertainment in the lobby during Xmas? The GF always has the band that is awesome to listen to in the evenings. Does the WL do anything during the holiday season like this. If so...can you hear it from the lounge. We are staying Dec 20 to 27th and would love for some Xmas music to be playing while we are relaxing having a glass of wine!! Thanks for any info
Old 09-03-2012, 08:52 AM   #607
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

I've updated the Lodgers' Log. If your dates are missing or incorrect, just post and let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbarry View Post
Can anyone tell me if the WL has entertainment in the lobby during Xmas? The GF always has the band that is awesome to listen to in the evenings. Does the WL do anything during the holiday season like this. If so...can you hear it from the lounge. We are staying Dec 20 to 27th and would love for some Xmas music to be playing while we are relaxing having a glass of wine!! Thanks for any info
I have heard the bell ringers during Christmas Week from the lounge. I have also heard high school singers near Fantasia Market at the CR. It really gets you in the spirit (and teary-eyed).
Old 09-03-2012, 11:10 AM   #608
LuvGoldens
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the pictures Kook!!!

We ended up changing our flights to leave on the 17th instead of the 18th but as we're arriving just before midnight I booked the first night at Pop. Then on the morning of the 18th we'll check out and drive over to check in at WL. Looking so forward to driving up to the Lodge knowing we actually get to check-in and stay here instead of just visiting!!!
Wilderness Lodge Sept 8-16, 2013
Disney Magic 7 nt Mediterranean, May 31, 2014
Old 09-03-2012, 02:48 PM   #609
minniesbiggiestfan
Mouseketeer

11 days tomorrow

WE WILL BE IN DISNEY!!!!

i have had this trip planned since Christmas and I thought the day would never get here!!!!!

so Im able to "online check in" tomrrow, so should I?? Last yr we stayed at the GF @RPC and when we got off the DME a cast member was waiting on us.. she had all our paperwork, keys, took us right to our room, ect.. it was amazing.. no line standing ect.. My travel agent said that its 50/50 that everything will go that smooth again.. so I guess i wanted to know what most people do.. and why can we check in so early? does that get us a better room or guarantee us something we asked for?? wow.. 11 days.. I am sooo excited about this trip!!!

also, is there a map for the MNSSHP that I can download or will I get one at the park..
and one more? I have celiac and does the CL lounge work well with ppl like me? Im a bit nervous.. the GF was so helpful and went way out the way to make sure I had stuff for breakfast and in the evenings for a snack. just curious.. thanks so much

Me
Dh
Ds (11)
Dd (8)
Old 09-03-2012, 05:34 PM   #610
PamelaKay
DIS Veteran

AP question for LodgeLady

Or is it Lovely Lodge Lady

Any chance you know when Artist Point changes its seasonal menu?

Still curious and this will bump us back to page 1

Mar 2007 - POR, Mar 2008 - WL, Mar 2009 - Dolphin and CSR,
Dec 2009 - Dolphin
Mar 2010 - AKL CL May 2010 - GF CL Nov 2010 - Dec 2010 POFQ and Poly CL
Mar 2011 - BWI, June 2011 CBR one night and split stay between WL and BCOct 2011 - POR and WL
March 2012 WL CL Oct 2012 WL CL and Dec 2012 WL CL
Mar 2013 YC CL, June 2013 Poly CL, Oct 2013 Hard Rock CL BWI CL and
Dec 2013 GF CL
Old 09-03-2012, 06:48 PM   #611
TheLodgeLady
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaKay View Post
Or is it Lovely Lodge Lady

Any chance you know when Artist Point changes its seasonal menu?

Still curious and this will bump us back to page 1
Hi there,

From speaking to the manager, they are trying to change it up every couple months. As for seasonal I think it is more based on what Disney wants. What they do more is change up side dishes or cuts of meat. In fact, the cut of buffalo this time around was strip steak and the last trip, back in February was buffalo tenderloin. They cooked them the same way. I truly think the cut of meat made all the difference. Back in February, using the tenderloin the meat was fork tender, but using the strip steak and slow cooking it just didn't cut it. My husband had it and said it was very different and he didn't prefer it at all. Kook and her DH had it also and wasn't thrilled. I could have eaten 10 of those dinners back in February.

From speaking with a couple of chefs we know there, it seems as though they create recipes and try to get them on the menu but the items have to go through Disney scrutiny.

Places like Flying Fish and Bistro de Paris seem to have a better chance, but lately Artist Point is coming into its own.

So to answer your question, there is no set time when any of the restaurants change their menus. We just always keep an eye out for new items. In fact, while we were there on our 9 night trip, several menu items were changed or added.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by TheLodgeLady; 09-03-2012 at 06:59 PM.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:33 PM   #612
StEpHandMiKe<3Disney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumzDj View Post
They didn't even tell us. I knew something was up once I realized that the odd number rooms faced the courtyard.
I didn't know the odd number rooms faced the courtyard!!!
WDW '07 ~ WL Honeymoon WDW '08 ~ WL 1st Anniversary DL Aug '08 ~ HOJO WDW '09 ~ WL 2nd Anniversary WDW Feb '10 ~ WL my Birthday! DL July '10 ~ HOJO WDW May '11 ~ WL 4th Anniversary A WDW Christmas '11 WL WDW Halloween '12
WDW May 2017 WL Daughter's First Trip
Old 09-03-2012, 08:52 PM   #613
2girlsR2good
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbarry View Post
Yes--there have been choral groups when we've been there. I don't know if you can hear them from the lounge or not, but I would think so.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:04 PM   #614
skriegerjr
Monorail Maven

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK
I've updated the Lodgers' Log. If your dates are missing or incorrect, just post and let me know.
We'll be there Nov 10-17, Woods View Bunk Bed Room, first stay!

Sent from my Toshiba Thrive 32GB using the DISBoards App

"Any review by me is based on my own personal experience and isn't necessarily indicative of similar experiences in the future, for myself or for other guests. Please use the review at your own risk, and know that it is worth exactly what you paid for it..."

Old 09-04-2012, 01:56 AM   #615
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

Kook! Do you know how late TE serves breakfast? Planning my attack, but DBF isn't really a morning/breakfast person, especially on our off day!! Thanks!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: