Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 09:25 PM   #511
eacosper
Mouseketeer

Random cobbler question: I am highly allergic to peaches (and pineapple but that's less of a problem at the WL and more of one at the Poly). Do you think that they have leftover cobbler that I could have on Peach night?

Old 08-26-2012, 09:47 PM   #512
mwmom
5th Time Disney Visitor

LuvGoldens, we had 2 ipads in the safe last year which each had a leather cover. It was tight, but they both fit, along with a small itouch.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-26-2012, 11:31 PM   #513
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvGoldens
Does anyone know what the dimensions of the safes are in the rooms? DH and I are both bringing iPads to use on the flights and mine has an Otterbox case on it which makes it bulkier than normal. I think they'll both fit but just want to be sure.
It looks good, but we will be there on the 8th with two iPads, one of which is in the big Otter Box Defender case. In two weeks we'll let you know for sure. We will stick them in and take a picture. In general we won't be too worried about it though. We have left laptops out with no problem, but if they fit there's no reason not to stick them in the safe.
Old 08-27-2012, 03:12 AM   #514
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK
I have photos of the Trail's End breakfast buffet and the dessert we had at lunch there today, but I haven't uploaded them to PB yet. Someone remind me if I forget

We had only previously tried the TE dinner buffet which is very good. Friday, we tried breakfast and if was wonderful, too. The best buffet dish (IMHO) is the pulled pork BBQ Eggs Benedict - wow! It was so yummy that DH doesn't care to go back to Kona for their pulled pork hash dish (The Somoan). They had Mickey Waffles, but no pancakes. They also have fresh fruit, quiche dishes, breads, eggs, meats, gravy and biscuits... I have photos of everything I'll post soon.

Since we thought today might be a wash-out, we planned to skip the parks and rent Sea Raycers and go to lunch at TE before the storm hit. The August activity schedule shows that the marina opens at 0900, but in fact, it opens at 10 so we were an hour early. We went back in and sat in the lobby till 10. I never get a chance to do that so it was a nice change of pace to view all the lobby activity at eye level. At 10, we rented 3 Sea Raycers, got to the end of the pier and it started pouring - 3 minutes later it stopped so off we went, putt-putt-putt... We love the Sea Raycers and had a great time with intermittent rain showers, no sun and cool temps - lovely!

Later, we walked to Trail's End. Lunch was great! I had the catfish which was lightly breaded and pan cooked with 3 large, fluffy (not those hard, crunchy kind) hushpuppies, a great spicy remoulade sauce and cole slaw that was warm-ish. DD and DH had the Johnny Cake BLT with a side of Hoppin' John and turnip greens, (not DD, she had the homemade chips).

Dessert was a big hit. I had the Sticky Bun Sundae: Butter pecan ice cream with caramel sauce, pecans, whipped cream and a small sticky bun in the middle - served in a jar! DH liked, but wasn't crazy about, his pecan pie with a Jack Daniels whipped cream, but DD loved her S'mores dessert made with chocolate mousse. Now you all know why I go to the gym everyday

Speaking of food - it's appetizer time
Pulled pork eggs Benedict. Omg. Ok, just another to add to my list. We plan to do the Sea Racers on our off day. You make it sound so fun!!
Old 08-27-2012, 07:04 AM   #515
CrabbyPatty
DIS Veteran

Just a quick post to say that we arrived yesterday ...... and we love WL! Our flight was good, we arrived early, we waited maybe 10 minutes total at MCO to get into ME and leave, arrived at ML in about 35 minutes, got checked in right away, had a late lunch at WCC and hit the parks!

We did MK and Epcot and got back to WL in time to swim for a bit and refill our mugs at Roaring Forks.

Our room is on the 6th floor overlooking the Lobby (Woods View) which is an upgrade from the Standard View room I booked. DD wanted bunk beds, so she was excited to see the room which has a queen bed and the bunk beds! The room is comfortable and enough room for the three of us. I think we'll like it here!
WDW - 8/26/09 - 9/1/09 CBR * WDW - 8/28/10 - 9/2/10 CSR * DL - 8/13/11 - 8/18/11 - Ramada Maingate * WDW - 8/26/12 - 9/1/12 WL * DL - 8/13/13 - 8/19/13 - Fairfield Inn * DL - 8/23/14 - 8/27/14 - Anabella Hotel
Old 08-27-2012, 08:31 AM   #516
bowbat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Have you been affected by Isaac? In-laws in Boca Raton have had torrential rain already. How is your new house?
We've gotten some wind and rain, but actually nowhere near as much as we did with Tropical Storm Debby. The storm bands seem to be impacting central FL and the east coast much more so than our area. Schools were cancelled today, though. My husband is disappointed, because he's supposed to fly out to Knoxville on business and was hoping his flight would be cancelled. No such luck so far. Hope things clear up there for you!

Our new house is great, thanks for asking! And in even better news, our old house is under contract. Think some good thoughts that it closes as scheduled. *ohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohplease* Then we can go back to focusing on WDW.
Wilderness Lodge – 10/2011, 11/2012, 11/2013
Boardwalk Inn – 11/2011, 3/2014
Grand Floridian – 2/2012
Yacht Club – 6/2013
Old 08-27-2012, 11:10 AM   #517
Kathy Z
Counting my Blessings

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal View Post
Kathy Z-

My favorite place!! Where on the Lake do you go? Wishing you a great time!
Just catching up on the disboards again. We got home last night. The house we rented was in New Buffalo (Berrien County). The shoreline in that area is down l-o-n-g flights of stairs (ours were 50 steps!) Rick only carried Hannah down those steps once. The other times someone always stayed back at the house with her or else we walked her in the neiborhood in her handicap stroller. It was only a 15 minute drive north to Warren Dunes State Park where there is a very long & deep beach with no stairs that we enjoyed. We didn't consider renting further north because our youngest special granddaughter is tube fed and requires naps but does not sleep in the car so we had to keep the drive for our son as short as possible. He had the furthest to travel, our daughter was only 30 minutes from home which made it doable for her because she is a doctor and had to attend a hospital meeting during her vacation week.

DH & I next go to WDW in Feb. I've booked POFQ for that short stay as an economy measure. I had been hoping to find a bounceback offer at that time (I know what number to call from my room just in case there isn't an offer left there) to book a trip for end of August at WL to take our grandson who will be 8 then. After this past week with him we're not sure that he is ready for that trip yet. We'll try to get a better idea by Christmas time. Maybe his trip will have to wait til 2014.

Kook & the others who are currently at WL, I'm relieved to hear that Isaac is not creating too much havic for you. Keep having a wonderful time!
Old 08-27-2012, 12:36 PM   #518
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathymford View Post
Pulled pork eggs Benedict. Omg. ...
You're kidding, right? That sounds positively horrid and I adore Eggs Benedict. Maybe because I adore Eggs Benedict is why it sounds so horrid.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.

Last edited by Deb & Bill; 08-27-2012 at 07:05 PM.
Old 08-27-2012, 01:13 PM   #519
PamelaKay
DIS Veteran

Looking forward to the TE breakfast pics

Kook,

Sounded so yummy. Can't wait to see the breakfast pictures.

Mar 2010 - AKL CL May 2010 - GF CL Nov 2010 - Dec 2010 POFQ and Poly CL
Mar 2011 - BWI, June 2011 CBR one night and split stay between WL and BCOct 2011 - POR and WL
March 2012 WL CL Oct 2012 WL CL and Dec 2012 WL CL
Mar 2013 YC CL, June 2013 Poly CL, Oct 2013 Hard Rock CL BWI CL and
Dec 2013 GF CL
Mar 2014 WL, June 2014 CR CL, and Oct/Nov 2014 WL CL
Old 08-27-2012, 03:37 PM   #520
Jungle Cruiser
DIS Veteran

Kook, you are so right, a rainy day at WDW is better than a sunny day at home. However, it's raining here in NJ, has poured off and on all day so you are definitely in a better situation than we are here. It's always better to be in WDW!

I love sea raycers!!!

We have never tried Trails End, it sounds like we should add it to our list, it sounds yummy!
Old 08-27-2012, 05:00 PM   #521
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Kathy Z- I hear you about the steps. Where we stay in Muskegon- where I'm from- there are only about 30 steps and we still think for awhile before we go back up. Do I really need that pop? Hope that you had a wonderful time with family and that the weather cooperated . We were back over the 4th and the last part of that week was even miserable at the lake !
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
Old 08-27-2012, 06:45 PM   #522
LuvGoldens
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwmom View Post
LuvGoldens, we had 2 ipads in the safe last year which each had a leather cover. It was tight, but they both fit, along with a small itouch.
Thanks so much for the info!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandCalifornian View Post
It looks good, but we will be there on the 8th with two iPads, one of which is in the big Otter Box Defender case. In two weeks we'll let you know for sure. We will stick them in and take a picture. In general we won't be too worried about it though. We have left laptops out with no problem, but if they fit there's no reason not to stick them in the safe.
That would be great, thank you very much!! Enjoy your trip
Wilderness Lodge Sept 8-16, 2013
Old 08-27-2012, 07:18 PM   #523
Kathy Z
Counting my Blessings

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal View Post
Kathy Z- I hear you about the steps. Where we stay in Muskegon- where I'm from- there are only about 30 steps and we still think for awhile before we go back up. Do I really need that pop? Hope that you had a wonderful time with family and that the weather cooperated . We were back over the 4th and the last part of that week was even miserable at the lake !
The weather was perfect in SE MI last week .

We woke up to very much needed rain at home this morning. I've unpacked, done laundry and gone through snail mail. Next vacation is WDW & Sanibel Island, February, 2013 . Just DH & I on first part and with my sisters and their DH's on the second part.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:46 PM   #524
danceintherain
DIS Veteran

Do King Bed rooms at the Wilderness Lodge have daybeds/futons?

I'm trying to figure out what I want to do for a potential trip in January, and I remember that the room we stayed at in the Animal Kingdom Lodge had a king bed and a futon. We'll be traveling with a 2 1/2 year old, who won't likely fit in a pack'n'play anymore, so it would be nice if we could still get a king bed, but have somewhere other than the floor or with us for him to sleep if the pack'n'play doesn't work out.
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
Old 08-27-2012, 11:43 PM   #525
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by danceintherain
Do King Bed rooms at the Wilderness Lodge have daybeds/futons?

I'm trying to figure out what I want to do for a potential trip in January, and I remember that the room we stayed at in the Animal Kingdom Lodge had a king bed and a futon. We'll be traveling with a 2 1/2 year old, who won't likely fit in a pack'n'play anymore, so it would be nice if we could still get a king bed, but have somewhere other than the floor or with us for him to sleep if the pack'n'play doesn't work out.
The regular Wilderness Lodge king rooms don't have a daybed or futon. Perhaps they would in the Villas, but that is different. For our almost three year old we are going with the two Queens and bed rails, which Disney will provide.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: