Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 12:50 PM   #391
PamelaKay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrebecca View Post
I am tired, cranky, overworked and stressed out. The only light at the end of my tunnel is our stay at the Lodge in October. I really need some destressing time!
I am so with you. I know to the exact day (67) how long until my trip to the WL. I am so excited about going to MNSSHP on Halloween.

Mar 2010 - AKL CL May 2010 - GF CL Nov 2010 - Dec 2010 POFQ and Poly CL
Mar 2011 - BWI, June 2011 CBR one night and split stay between WL and BCOct 2011 - POR and WL
March 2012 WL CL Oct 2012 WL CL and Dec 2012 WL CL
Mar 2013 YC CL, June 2013 Poly CL, Oct 2013 Hard Rock CL BWI CL and
Dec 2013 GF CL
Mar 2014 WL, June 2014 CR CL, and Oct/Nov 2014 WL CL
Old 08-20-2012, 03:52 PM   #392
nyrebecca
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaKay View Post
I am so with you. I know to the exact day (67) how long until my trip to the WL. I am so excited about going to MNSSHP on Halloween.
We will be there the week before. That sounds like fun doing the actual party on Halloween! I am sure you will have fun !!!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-20-2012, 05:19 PM   #393
PrincessAlways
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am tired, cranky, overworked and stressed out. The only light at the end of my tunnel is our stay at the Lodge in October. I really need some destressing time!
I hear ya!! I'm feeling the same way!
POR, 2003 OKW,2004 Poly, 2005 SSR (June), Pop (Sept), CSR (Nov), 2006 OKW (May), Swan (Sept), OKW (Nov), 2007 Pop (Feb), OKW (June), CR (Sept), BWV (Nov), 2008 CSR (April), OKW (July), SSR (Dec)2009 Pop (March) OKW (May) BLT (Nov), 2010 BLT (May) AKL (Oct) 2011 SWAN (March) BLT (June) AKL (Nov) OKW (Nov) 2012 BWI (March) OKW (May) POR Royal (Oct) OKW (Nov) 2013 BWV (Apr) offsite (July) Kidani (Dec) 2014 AKL (April)
Old 08-20-2012, 06:07 PM   #394
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

Quote:
I am right there with you; I have a 26 day countdown and it truly cannot come fast enough.
Old 08-20-2012, 08:15 PM   #395
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

We arrived at BLT on Saturday for our first-ever stay in a villa and we've been very happy and pleasantly surprised with the one bedroom villa. We've been spoiled by its size (1000 SF) and the two bathrooms, a W/D a view of Bay Lake and a whirlpool tub and king bed. I've taken many photos that I'll post in a TR next month. The only problem with BLT is that it isn't WL. But, we'll be checking-in to WL tomorrow in time for breakfast in the lounge

We've been constantly on the go since arriving, but I think we'll slow down a bit when we check-in to WL. There's just something about the wilderness that's so calming and those cozy leather chairs just beckon you.

Oh, right after checking-in to BLT on Saturday, we had the pleasure of meeting TheLodgeLady herself! (Thank you for coming over to the CR). Since meeting her, I've renamed her TheLovelyLodgeLady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villains_Rock View Post
Hey guys...wondering if anyone knows if the a/c is motion controlled. There's another thread that indicated it was...I knew this was the place to get "the facts".
It wasn't as of April. You might be thinking of the Poly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorEye View Post
Kook,

Among all the great tidbits of info you'll discover for us, is there any chance you can get an update on the status of Wishes rooftop viewing at WL? I'm still hoping for that as part of my anniversary present to my DW. If not I need to start working on other plans.

Thanks!

BTW - just took a two hour drive each way for a weekend trip and the prospect of 10-11 hours for this upcoming Disney trip doesn't seem like fun. It's one of the very few things I miss about living in Florida. The ability to head up there for the weekend was pretty cool.
I would be happy to give you an update on Tuesday after we check-in. Any other 'tidbits' you'd like to know about?

I know JUST what you mean about the drive. We often vacation within 2-3 hours from our home, and the drive to WDW is almost 14 hours for us. We took two days down, but we drive home non-stop and just the 9 hours we did on Thursday was PLENTY. But, once you get to WDW/WL, you'll feel much better (especially after a good night's rest and some cobbler).

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessesX3 View Post
Checked in and got upgraded from standard to courtyard view! . We are in MK now. The kids pick for their first ride of the trip Small world.
WOWZA! Whatanupgrade. We rode IASW last night during EMH since there was no wait at all. Have you been watching the EWP from your room?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailgirl r View Post
5 days until we arrive to Hilton Head Resort and 6 days until Wilderness Lodge!

I've reached the point where I have no attention span and I just want to go to the airport and wait for my flight to leave! All of our preDisney errands have been done (I think) and now I just have to do and pack
Your trip is almost here! You'll be at HH and WL so soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2DisPrincesses View Post
We just switched from ASMu to Wilderness Lodge for Free Dining December 10-15th!!! I'm so excited to be at WL around Christmas. The only deluxe we've stayed at is Poly, so it should be great.
Congratulations on upgrading to WL. What a great time of year to go to WL and WDW. I hope you have a wonderful vacation!
Old 08-20-2012, 10:37 PM   #396
GatorEye
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

I would be happy to give you an update on Tuesday after we check-in. Any other 'tidbits' you'd like to know about?

I know JUST what you mean about the drive. We often vacation within 2-3 hours from our home, and the drive to WDW is almost 14 hours for us. We took two days down, but we drive home non-stop and just the 9 hours we did on Thursday was PLENTY. But, once you get to WDW/WL, you'll feel much better (especially after a good night's rest and some cobbler).
Actually since you always have the inside scoop there is one more thing. Can you confirm/deny that the carriage rides only depart from Ft. Wilderness now? The year we did the sleigh ride, it left from WL and dropped us off back there. I heard they are not departing from WL any more. Is that true?

I feel so dirty. Because of our later arrival time because of the long drive (doing it all in one day) - we are staying off property at one of the DD hotels the first 2 nights. I know the horror. JK! I couldn't justify the expense of CL (or anywhere on property for that matter) that first night when we might be arriving at 10 or 11pm. It will be nice to enjoy a view of the area from a different hotel. Plus the check in experience and wow factor just wouldn't be the same at that time of night. I added the second night to just kind of unwind and throw the kids off a little bit. Then - BAM 7 nights at WL CL. It gets harder to come up with surprises each year for the family, but I will NOT be denied!
Old 08-21-2012, 01:14 AM   #397
cmdg
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathymford View Post
I am right there with you; I have a 26 day countdown and it truly cannot come fast enough.
I feel the same except we have 11 months to go!
Old 08-21-2012, 07:05 AM   #398
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

It's WL check-in morning! We're so excited to get over there that we went to the gym at 0530 - I was even able to do one more load of laundry in the handy dandy W/D.

DH has decided we need to do our (now) traditional arrival day pre-breakfast breakfast: Pineapple and coffee in the lounge, then down to WCC. We have Artist Point tonight which we haven't been to in years.

I'll report next from just up World Drive at WL
Old 08-21-2012, 07:16 AM   #399
PamelaKay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It's WL check-in morning! We're so excited to get over there that we went to the gym at 0530 - I was even able to do one more load of laundry in the handy dandy W/D.

DH has decided we need to do our (now) traditional arrival day pre-breakfast breakfast: Pineapple and coffee in the lounge, then down to WCC. We have Artist Point tonight which we haven't been to in years.

I wanted an extra big "like" button for this! I am so excited to report that I have one more WL CL trip to add for this year. I will still be there in October, but added 2 nights, 3 days in December. I am going to that other park to experience Harry Potter and thought... hmmm I am already in town, I would love to stay at the lodge decorated for Christmas so what the heck, I booked December 2-4 at WL CL yesterday AND got a reservation for dinner at Be Our Guest for Monday night!

Mar 2010 - AKL CL May 2010 - GF CL Nov 2010 - Dec 2010 POFQ and Poly CL
Mar 2011 - BWI, June 2011 CBR one night and split stay between WL and BCOct 2011 - POR and WL
March 2012 WL CL Oct 2012 WL CL and Dec 2012 WL CL
Mar 2013 YC CL, June 2013 Poly CL, Oct 2013 Hard Rock CL BWI CL and
Dec 2013 GF CL
Mar 2014 WL, June 2014 CR CL, and Oct/Nov 2014 WL CL
Old 08-21-2012, 07:26 AM   #400
eacosper
Mouseketeer

Is it too soon for me to start packing?????

Old 08-21-2012, 07:30 AM   #401
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 08-21-2012, 07:46 AM   #402
kaysmommie
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Have a great time!
Old 08-21-2012, 08:00 AM   #403
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
Old 08-21-2012, 08:01 AM   #404
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh, right after checking-in to BLT on Saturday, we had the pleasure of meeting TheLodgeLady herself! (Thank you for coming over to the CR). Since meeting her, I've renamed her TheLovelyLodgeLady

I second that change...which makes it official

Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
Old 08-21-2012, 08:10 AM   #405
tarak
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I keep trying to convince my husband to drive down, but he refuses. He said it's not the drive down that bothers him, it's the thought of having to drive back. DD9 said we should drive down and send him home on a plane to save money. Which I've considered, but I think the benefit of any money saved would be outweighed by my disposition after two days of driving with four kids in the car.

After reading everyone's comments about the WL, it's settled. The next trip we take will be a split stay between BWI and WL. I just wish I knew when school started next year so I could book it. Which is goofy, I know. But I thought you would all understand.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: