Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 02:52 PM   #331
hbr03
Earning My Ears

Look, have a fabulous trip!

Jeanette, love following your incredibly sweet TR!

And Gator, great idea!!
Portofino Bay & 1st visit to Diagon Alley ~ October 2014
Wilderness Lodge & MNSSHP ~ October 2014

Old 08-16-2012, 02:53 PM   #332
hbr03
Earning My Ears

That would be KOOK have a fan trip. (courtesy of my iPhone)

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-16-2012, 02:54 PM   #333
hbr03
Earning My Ears

Lol... fun trip. Geez... stopping for now from the phone!!!

Old 08-16-2012, 07:20 PM   #334
PamelaKay
DIS Veteran

Shameless

I was sad to see us on page 2 so even thought I don't really have anything new to add...

Oh well, it bumps us and I get to see my ticker

Mar 2010 - AKL CL May 2010 - GF CL Nov 2010 - Dec 2010 POFQ and Poly CL
Mar 2011 - BWI, June 2011 CBR one night and split stay between WL and BCOct 2011 - POR and WL
March 2012 WL CL Oct 2012 WL CL and Dec 2012 WL CL
Mar 2013 YC CL, June 2013 Poly CL, Oct 2013 Hard Rock CL BWI CL and
Dec 2013 GF CL
Mar 2014 WL, June 2014 CR CL, and Oct/Nov 2014 WL CL
Old 08-16-2012, 08:25 PM   #335
Minnie-Mickey
Mouseketeer

Did early check in I could not make any special requests except a porta crib. Don't need that with teens. I thought you could request more ie location, floor ect.
Old 08-16-2012, 08:28 PM   #336
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbr03 View Post

And Gator, great idea!!
Thanks for checking it out

Quote:

Quote:
Gotta love autocorrect!!
Old 08-16-2012, 09:06 PM   #337
tarak
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaKay View Post
I was sad to see us on page 2 so even thought I don't really have anything new to add...

LOL. I was just checking out the thread to bump it, just in case.

Autocorrect once changed my first name, last initial to "floppies." I was sort of offended.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:28 PM   #338
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

After about 9 hours, the Kook mobile landed in GA. We thought we'd try a different hotel this trip and we couldn't be more pleased. The hotel is fairly new, we have a very clean and super quiet studio suite (an oxymoron?) and there is even a new Logans Roadhouse right next door which was mighty convenient for this tired crew. We head to Boca Raton tomorrow then check-in Saturday at BLT for a few nights then Tuesday we'll be in the happiest place on earth - WL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymac123 View Post
KOOK- just wanted to say have a great trip! I know you have a few more days but I don't know when I'll be back here... just got back from the dr & now DD has a virus, poor kid can't catch a break this summer. We find out if the cast comes off tomorrow Have fun & say "Hi" to Mike from DH-the guest who spends way too much time talking to them in the lounge Those poor guys, DH goes on and on. I always feel so bad for them that's why I bring them a big package of Girl Scout Cookies from DD's troop. Almost 1 month to go
So how in the world is Mike ever going to know which DH is yours? EVERYONE loves talking with Mike. I know just what you mean. I feel like all the OFC CMs need their own vacation after we've all been there. They're such great sports.

I'm sorry that DD is now ill. This has been a very rough summer for her. She needs to get well so she'll be in tip top shape for school.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Yay kook it's almost time!!!! Have the most wonderful vacation! While you're gone we'll do our best to keep this thread on page 1 where it belongs!!!!
You're sooooooo not grumpy - thank you!

Quote:
Kook - I hope you have a great trip.

I would like to request scratch and sniff pictures of the cobbler at OFC
and maybe one of the resort from the boat coming back from the Magic Kingdom. I love that view.
You're too funny. Yankee Candle must have a cobbler scent. I love the view of WL from the back, too. It's so amazing to take in all its grandeur.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajj221 View Post
I am booked CL and just got the email from the IPO. I have already made all of the ADRs but wanted to put in a room request. If I put it in the email to the IPO do I also have to call the reservations number to add it? What about the flight info for ME?

I was thinking Courtyard view close to the lounge. Is there a better way to describe this? Is this South or North side? I see most people looking for a MK view for Wishes. What are the cons of a courtyard view? Is it possible to see the lake and boat launch with a courtyard view?

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Also, do they have roll-away beds available at the WL?

Thanks for your help.
Let's see, you don't have to call the WDTC IF you have all your requests added to your reservation by the IPO - they can do this for you.

I've never used ME, but I would think the IPO can do that, too. They will certainly tell you if they can't.

The North Side courtyard views will face toward the marina/VWL/FW. The South Side CV rooms will face toward the MK and you can see some of Wishes. You can't really see the boat launch from a CV, but you absolutely see Bay Lake the geyser and the pool - it's our favorite view. The downside is that in the afternoon, the pool party music and PA system is loud. If you keep your sliding door closed it's not too bad, but if you're sensitive to noise and want peace and quiet in the late afternoon, you might prefer a Woods View.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josi96 View Post
Likely going to upgrade to WL from AOA tonight for our November trip (22-Dec.2). So excited to be there with the Holiday decorations up. We will have a woods view room. I would appreciate any room request reccomendations. Have two preschool girls so proximity to transporation is important as is a quite room, but would love to have a possible view towards MK as some of you have posted. Thanks in advance!
Did you upgrade yet?

All the Woods view rooms would be quiet as they face the woods and not the WL pool. For a Woods View facing toward the MK request a North Wing room and if you want a better Wishes view, you can request a high floor, but some of the 6th floor rooms do have an enclosed balcony. You can also just request a Wishes View.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe of ohio View Post
First off, WL is a beautiful resort close to the MK but without the high price tag as the monorail loop resorts....we've stayed at WL more than 10 trips and prefer the north wing easterly, away from the service dock.... Here we've been close to the elevator, quick shot down and you're at Roaring Forks and out the door and voila... Right at the pool... It's also closer to the boat dock but farther from the bus depot but the resort is so compact, you'll hardly notice the walk thru the lobby...

As for views....aren't much to see, trees and CR block views of the MK.. (might glimpse some high firework from the north wing) and Bay Lake views are again tough unless you're on a wing end or high up.... We prefer courtyard, like to watch the pool and hear the music and antics....

No matter where you're at...(except a view on the villas) good vibes all over the resort.... When you hit the lobby it's hard not to become addicted, and then follow the hot spring out to the pool and hear the soothing music... Nothing could be better!! Enjoy your stay and "welcome home" as they say!
to the thread pepe of ohio!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommadjones View Post
We have finally settled in to our room. I have to say that I am in love with everyone of the CL cast members! They are beyond great and so accommodating. We arrived yesterday and had requested a wishes view and if possible connecting rooms. They did not have that available, they had two rooms three or four rooms apart with a wishes view or connecting rooms. Half the family wanted connecting the other half wanted wishes. We chose connecting rooms. This morning at breakfast they came up to us and said they had connecting rooms with a castle view! How awesome is that!!! Anyway we are now in rooms 5052 and 5054 I will report back and if anyone has a specific question fire away. We are here for 13 more nights.
This sounds perfect for you and your family - I'm so glad it all worked out and you're happy. See you in the lounge - we check-in Tuesday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Kook have a fabulous trip! And when you get back, you can add me to the Lodgers Log! Yup! We switched and are coming back to the WL!!

We are not doing CL this time around, just a woods view BB room. We had already decided to ditch the DDP because we are kind of over being tied down to ressies, and didn't really want to have to plan around the CL serving hours either. We LOVED CL, but I think we'll reserve it for special occasions, and really CL was only a fraction of what we LOVED about the WL. So, we'll get everything we love, except the cookies (as we explained to DD's)

I'm so excited!
Just post your dates and I'll add you - yippee!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scanne View Post
Is it 7052 and 7054? Isn't the CL floor 7? Anyway, if those are your rooms, then that is AWESOME because those were the rooms we had last week. My mom and dad were in 7052 and we were in 7054 with awesome views of Wishes! ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That is too ironic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcufrog View Post
I could use some room recommendations. We'll be staying in a 1 bedroom villa with our 2 kids (5 1/2 and 1 1/2) from Dec 2-6 this year. One of us will be bringing back breakfast from the lodge while the other one of us is getting the boys dressed. I'd also prefer a more quiet area during the day so hopefully my toddler will nap. What do y'all suggest I request?
I've not stayed at VWL, so hopefully someone else will chime in, but requesting a "quiet location" might be a good place to start

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvGoldens View Post
Have a wonderful time Kook!!!
Thank you, LuvGoldens!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessesX3 View Post
Enjoy and look forward to meeting you, hopefully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeCantWait View Post
Have a fabulous trip Kook!
So far, so good, but not quite in FL yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post

Have a magical Anniversary trip (+DD of course) Safe travels!!!! Say hi to Jason (from the crazy lady who switched from the Grand)
Yep, the RPC switcher - yet again you managed to not quite make it up to RPC, but did you even get as far as CL check-in? I may be confused, but Jason may have been fairly new back in April. Very nice and patient young man, if I recall correctly.

Quote:
So that makes me so excited to read... I stayed CL at WL in March and booked a bounce back for 10/26-11/3. The OFC staff are so wonderful that they asked what room I would like on my October trip and have already assigned me 7052 so I could see wishes! Glad to know the view is good!
I remember that. How wonderful of them to be able to put you back in your favorite room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie View Post
Have a great trip Kook

.... and Happy 25th Anniversary (hope I got that right!)

Wow, you have a great memory and thank you so much. Your 25th will be here soon!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofynut41 View Post
Oh ok... Love reading about everyones plans and trips...Sometimes I dont know what I'm reading....Never got to stay up there.
There are so many DIS acronyms and they can get out of hand. Thank you for asking about OFC so that others will know as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorEye View Post
Kook - maybe we could add the more commonly used abbreviations to the first page?

CL = Club Level (the generic term)
OFC = Old Faithful Club (the name of the Club Level at Wildnerness Lodge).

You see people use them both.
Yes, I should do that within the Club Level section

Quote:

And Gator, great idea!!

Quote:
We're all cracking up in our hotel room right now.

Quote:
And, this, my friends is why I skipped posting from my iPhone in the car today. Even with the DIS's iPhone app, it's rather diabolical posting from that little screen and typing on that virtual keyboard - yes, I'm showing my age.

Quote:

Love your ticker - especially on page one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie-Mickey View Post
Did early check in I could not make any special requests except a porta crib. Don't need that with teens. I thought you could request more ie location, floor ect.
OCI (Online Check-in) doesn't really allow many requests at all, but don't fret, just call the WDTC or your TA and have them add all your requests to your reservation ASAP. The room assignor will see your reservation about 3-5 prior to arrival, so there's still time. You can also ask again at check-in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarak View Post
LOL. I was just checking out the thread to bump it, just in case.

Autocorrect once changed my first name, last initial to "floppies." I was sort of offended.
Love the shameless bumps, FLOPPIES
Old 08-16-2012, 10:32 PM   #339
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

That was one heck of a multi-quote kook!!!

Glad you had safe travels!

Our dates are 4/20/13 - 4/28/13!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 08-16-2012, 10:34 PM   #340
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

You're too funny. Yankee Candle must have a cobbler scent.
I work for Yankee Candle, let me see what I can do LOL!!!

AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
Old 08-16-2012, 10:39 PM   #341
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
That was one heck of a multi-quote kook!!!

Glad you had safe travels!

Our dates are 4/20/13 - 4/28/13!!
I just added them. But, I'm keeping my eraser handy, just in case

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post

Oh, while you're looking, someone also wanted the WL lobby scent.
Old 08-16-2012, 11:35 PM   #342
swelch
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandCalifornian View Post
Our Mickey Mail arrived today for our trip. It will be our second ever WL and WDW trip, following our Honeymoon there 5 years ago.

For the log, our trip will be September 8-17 in a Standard WL Room, this time with our almost 3 year old and Grandma and Grandpa. We can't wait!!!

Thanks WDWKOOK for the best thread!
Yippee! It will be our 2nd trip to WL and WDW too, following our Honeymoon there 4 years ago. We're 86 days out and could not be more excited to come "home". Have a fantastic trip with your family!!

Wilderness Lodge - October 2008
Grand Californian - October 2010
Grand Californian - October 2011

Wilderness Lodge - November 2012
Old 08-17-2012, 06:50 AM   #343
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I just added them. But, I'm keeping my eraser handy, just in case

Oh, while you're looking, someone also wanted the WL lobby scent.
Eraser not needed. I am done.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 08-17-2012, 07:59 AM   #344
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Yep, the RPC switcher - yet again you managed to not quite make it up to RPC, but did you even get as far as CL check-in? I may be confused, but Jason may have been fairly new back in April. Very nice and patient young man, if I recall correctly.
Very sweet young man We didn't make it to check in day at the Grand...DH immediately wanted RPC switched to WL, I did it on Friday, we were due to check in Saturday

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
You can help start a whole Dsney Resort collection Tara

Quote:
I believe you Candace

I do believe you think you are done.....
Old 08-17-2012, 08:19 AM   #345
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1

Famous last words of a perpetual resort changer! You're doomed now - this is almost as bad as the pinky swear...
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: