Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 08:49 AM   #3376
sephorachick
DIS Veteran

Smile

I have a question. We aren't going to WDW until next year but I wanted to learn as much as I can about DVC. Did everyone book their DVC Villas through Disney or where? We aren't DVC members but I'd like to get us 1 bedroom villa. This will be my hubby's first time staying on WDW Property & I want to make it special. Plus he requested to stay @ this hotel out of ALL Of them.

any info would be GREATLY appreciated!!!ºoº

Me: Husband: Pacey Minnie Vicky Ginger

Check out my Disney blog!
www.yohoyohobloggerslifeforme.blogspot.com
Today's entry is on I Miss WDW ToonTown Article! .

Facebook page for my Disney blog! Please "LIKE"
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Yohoyo...99050306822131
Old 05-02-2013, 10:30 AM   #3377
automaticsoap
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sephorachick View Post
I have a question. We aren't going to WDW until next year but I wanted to learn as much as I can about DVC. Did everyone book their DVC Villas through Disney or where? We aren't DVC members but I'd like to get us 1 bedroom villa. This will be my hubby's first time staying on WDW Property & I want to make it special. Plus he requested to stay @ this hotel out of ALL Of them.

You can book both the Boardwalk Inn and Boardwalk Villas using cash reservations through Disney. You can also rent points from a DVC member to stay at BWV.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-02-2013, 10:37 AM   #3378
KNJWDW
Mouseketeer

I just made my final payment for our June trip to WL! I have a question about online check in. Does anyone know what kind, if any, requests can be made when you do online check in? My TA did request bunk beds for us (we are in a standard room) when she booked the trip. But, I was wondering if this was also a request I could add during online check in.

Thanks!

Amy
Old 05-02-2013, 10:43 AM   #3379
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:

We've stayed at the BCV's three times and all three times we booked it directly through Disney. We got daily housekeeping, just like for any normal hotel room.

Next up: WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973

Last edited by Wood Nymph; 05-02-2013 at 01:49 PM.
Old 05-02-2013, 11:50 AM   #3380
automaticsoap
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by automaticsoap View Post
You can book both the Boardwalk Inn and Boardwalk Villas using cash reservations through Disney. You can also rent points from a DVC member to stay at BWV.
Whoops -- I just realized that I thought this thread was the Boardwalk thread! But the info still applies to WL and VWL.

Old 05-02-2013, 12:42 PM   #3381
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:

We booked BLT through the WDTC using the military 40% off rate. You can book DVC villas (including VWL) through the WDTC, by phone or online, and you can apply any applicable discounts. You can look on the WDW booking website for DVC availability/rack rates. These are called "cash reservations" and these bookings include daily housekeeping. When you rent points, you can't apply any discounts and daily housekeeping is not included. Also, you can not make changes to your booking, unlike with a cash reservation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNJWDW View Post
I just made my final payment for our June trip to WL! I have a question about online check in. Does anyone know what kind, if any, requests can be made when you do online check in? My TA did request bunk beds for us (we are in a standard room) when she booked the trip. But, I was wondering if this was also a request I could add during online check in.

Thanks!

Amy
I have only used OCI for CL (just for fun as it's not really necessary when staying CL) so I can't answer your question about STD room options - hopefully someone else can. You would think that since you can't book a STD bunk it would be an OCI request option, but the most important thing is that you already have it in your reservation.

Congratulations on being PiF - you get our PiF dancing guy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by automaticsoap View Post
Whoops -- I just realized that I thought this thread was the Boardwalk thread! But the info still applies to WL and VWL.
No problem!
Old 05-02-2013, 12:48 PM   #3382
sephorachick
DIS Veteran

thanks everyone!

Me: Husband: Pacey Minnie Vicky Ginger

Check out my Disney blog!
www.yohoyohobloggerslifeforme.blogspot.com
Today's entry is on I Miss WDW ToonTown Article! .

Facebook page for my Disney blog! Please "LIKE"
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Yohoyo...99050306822131
Old 05-02-2013, 12:51 PM   #3383
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Cowboy Beans
Hoop Dee Doo Revue

Ingredients:
1/2 Cup Onions, diced
1/2 Tbsp Garlic, minced
4 Oz Smoked Meats (Beef and Pork), diced into 1/2" cubes
4 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
2 Tbsp Molasses
2 Tbsp Cider Vinegar
1 Cup BBQ Sauce
2 1/2 Lbs Baked Beans
1 Tbsp Bacon Fat

1. Preheat skillet.
2. Add bacon fat and sauté the onion, garlic, and meat, until golden brown.
3. Add the remaining ingredients.
4. Simmer on low for 2 hour
s

~The Magic for Less
Old 05-02-2013, 02:32 PM   #3384
OttawaDisGirl
Earning My Ears

Hi Everyone,

Figment104- I was there yesterday morning and had Nescafé coffee (may 1) at the Roaring Forks. It didn't look like they were making any significant changes just yet... Still, it was better than nothing.
Old 05-02-2013, 02:36 PM   #3385
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by OttawaDisGirl View Post
Hi Everyone,

Figment104- I was there yesterday morning and had Nescafé coffee (may 1) at the Roaring Forks. It didn't look like they were making any significant changes just yet... Still, it was better than nothing.
I hope you're having a great vacation!
Old 05-02-2013, 03:40 PM   #3386
Figment104
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by OttawaDisGirl View Post
Hi Everyone,

Nuts, but thanks for the info, I do appreciate it! I was so hoping it might be something different lol. As you say though, it is (most of the time) better than nothing.

Hope you're having a great trip!

Oct 2014 WL * May 2013 WL (CL) * Sept 2010 WL * May 2009 WL * Oct 2008 Poly * June 2007 WL - Disneymoon * July 2004 WL * Apr 2000 GF * 84-98 Offsiet
Old 05-02-2013, 04:39 PM   #3387
murphy7573
Earning My Ears

DVC member with Studio Nov. Rez.... Are there laundry facilities at the Villas, the Lodge, both or one and not the other ???

Thank you
Old 05-02-2013, 04:49 PM   #3388
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphy7573 View Post
DVC member with Studio Nov. Rez.... Are there laundry facilities at the Villas, the Lodge, both or one and not the other ???

Thank you
Welcome! There is a VWL laundry on the ground floor near room 1509. It's free, but you'll need your VWL KTTW card to enter. There is also a laundry at WL, but it's not free.
Old 05-02-2013, 05:37 PM   #3389
ChicagTrav
Earning My Ears

Hi, we're off to WL on Saturday. I see on the 1st page of this thread that there is an iHome clock radio in each room. Can anyone tell me if this will charge and play my iPod? I realize I should probably know this, but I'm so not savvy when it comes to this stuff. I always travel with our iPod and speakers for white noise at night, and if I can leave the speakers at home it means one less thing to pack. Thanks!
Old 05-02-2013, 06:24 PM   #3390
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagTrav View Post
Hi, we're off to WL on Saturday. I see on the 1st page of this thread that there is an iHome clock radio in each room. Can anyone tell me if this will charge and play my iPod? I realize I should probably know this, but I'm so not savvy when it comes to this stuff. I always travel with our iPod and speakers for white noise at night, and if I can leave the speakers at home it means one less thing to pack. Thanks!
Yep, an iPod or iPhone with the regular connector that is about 1 inch wide (not the new smaller iPhone 5 "lightning connector") will fit on the alarm clock and be charged and play music. Enjoy your trip, it is super close!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: