Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 10:24 AM   #3076
Majestic
News at 11 with your anchorman Fred
WL VET
Father of the WL Memories Box

Nice to see the WL FAQ thread is still going. Being a part of the first 6 threads was a fun time for me. Met a lot of great people. For some history here and about the lodge, take a look at some of the older FAQ threads. I'm sure there's some great stuff there.

Fred
Old 03-28-2013, 10:29 AM   #3077
bowbat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

We have CR booked for July - as of now

I don't see 2013 in your signature. Do you have some CL plans?
We're trying out YC the first week of June. Bit nervous about going in summer -- not a fan of heat or crowds -- but we're hoping SAB will make up for that.
Wilderness Lodge – 10/2011, 11/2012, 11/2013
Boardwalk Inn – 11/2011, 3/2014
Grand Floridian – 2/2012
Yacht Club – 6/2013
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-28-2013, 01:29 PM   #3078
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld5 View Post
If anyone is interested, I have finally found some time to start a trip report of my stay at WL CL from 2/24/13 to 3/2/13. The link is in my signature.

I think starting the report was a moral imperative. I was having very vivid dreams all last week of being back at the lodge and was so surprised each morning that I woke up in my own bedroom.

Then I started having dreams that people were surprising me with a trip back to Wilderness Lodge. I can keep dreaming on that one, but it did make me consider surprising my family with another trip, perhaps in early December. Not enough of a consideration to be added to the Lodgers Log just yet, but I'll keep you posted.
My Log quill is ready for your addition and I look forward to reading your TR and seeing all your photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecastle View Post
Enjoying your photo trip report! Thanks for doing it. I always find it helps me relive my trips and, as another wonderful side effect, sparks those wonderful lucid Disney dreams that you mentioned!
I have photos of our first use of Disney transportation from every trip we've taken. Keep taking that picture of your son at a bus stop sign every trip. It is so much fun to watch them grow up through years of Disney trip photos.
Subscribed and looking forward to the rest.

How is your back? Is it ready for WL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majestic View Post
Nice to see the WL FAQ thread is still going. Being a part of the first 6 threads was a fun time for me. Met a lot of great people. For some history here and about the lodge, take a look at some of the older FAQ threads. I'm sure there's some great stuff there.

Fred
back, Fred

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowbat View Post
We're trying out YC the first week of June. Bit nervous about going in summer -- not a fan of heat or crowds -- but we're hoping SAB will make up for that.
Regatta Club is much smaller than OFC, but you can't beat that walk to Epcot and I love their gift shop and lobby. Let us know how you liked your Crescent Lake stay.
Old 03-28-2013, 02:38 PM   #3079
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majestic View Post

Fred
I remember you! It was your thread and amazing pics and beautiful baloney views and the room location map by Duck something-or-other is how we fell in love with the Beloved Wilderness Lodge! So, here is a great big Thank You!!!

I still have the first few threads bookmarked!
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

Old 03-28-2013, 03:21 PM   #3080
cmdg
Mouseketeer

Making change to reservation

I am on this board way too much lately and it's taking away from work!

I think I am going to do the surprise CL upgrade, especially since KOOK cleared up the view question. But now, another one...
If I do upgrade us with the spring promotion and then in a month see that we can't really afford it, when I downgrade will I lose the spring promotion rate we have for our woods view room now?
Old 03-28-2013, 03:54 PM   #3081
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie View Post
I remember you! It was your thread and amazing pics and beautiful baloney views and the room location map by Duck something-or-other is how we fell in love with the Beloved Wilderness Lodge! So, here is a great big Thank You!!!

If anyone else wants to see all the past/present Resort Information threads, I have a sticky at the top of the Resorts Forum with all the links.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdg View Post
I am on this board way too much lately and it's taking away from work!

I think I am going to do the surprise CL upgrade, especially since KOOK cleared up the view question. But now, another one...
If I do upgrade us with the spring promotion and then in a month see that we can't really afford it, when I downgrade will I lose the spring promotion rate we have for our woods view room now?
If it's expired and/or the resort/room type is sold-out using an active discount then yes, you wouldn't be able to apply it. I hope I understood your question.
Old 03-28-2013, 04:26 PM   #3082
Majestic
News at 11 with your anchorman Fred
WL VET
Father of the WL Memories Box

You are welcome!!! Miss the lodge. It's been a while since we stayed there. I've been bitten by the cruising bug!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie View Post

Old 03-28-2013, 05:47 PM   #3083
cmdg
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
If anyone else wants to see all the past/present Resort Information threads, I have a sticky at the top of the Resorts Forum with all the links.

If it's expired and/or the resort/room type is sold-out using an active discount then yes, you wouldn't be able to apply it. I hope I understood your question.
Yup, that is exactly what I meant. Maybe I'll just book a second room and cancel one of them a few weeks before we leave, depending on budget and how life is looking then.
Old 03-28-2013, 07:22 PM   #3084
danceteachermom
Mouseketeer

Heading to the lodge in less than 24 hours and I realized I have a question.... Is anyone familiar with what type of coffee makers are in the villas and what size filter they use? I am thinking of bringing coffee from home.
Old 03-28-2013, 07:56 PM   #3085
Christinaxo
Mouseketeer

Cool First Time at WDW!

Hello!
This is such an awesome thread about WL! It will be my very first time to WDW and going with my children as an adult makes it that much more special! I was so torn about whether to be "smartly frugal" or "go all out" and decided that a 10 yr anniversary and an overdue college graduation for myself meant GO ALL OUT! So after going back and forth between staying offsite, splitting stays or POR Royal room, I saw WL and fell in love! Not knowing what to expect I SOOOOO hope it's worth it for our first trip and hopefully the experience brings us coming back for more! I am already completely obsessed with planning! We are going in August so I am a little nervous but so anxious as well! Cant wait!!!

Me DH DS(9) DD(4)

AKL- Aug 2013 CSR- Aug/Sept 2014
Old 03-28-2013, 08:23 PM   #3086
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by danceteachermom View Post
Heading to the lodge in less than 24 hours and I realized I have a question.... Is anyone familiar with what type of coffee makers are in the villas and what size filter they use? I am thinking of bringing coffee from home.
We haven't stayed at the VWL, but the coffee pots at the BCV's use a basket filter. I always brought coffee and filters when we stayed in a villa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christinaxo View Post
Hello!
This is such an awesome thread about WL! It will be my very first time to WDW and going with my children as an adult makes it that much more special! I was so torn about whether to be "smartly frugal" or "go all out" and decided that a 10 yr anniversary and an overdue college graduation for myself meant GO ALL OUT! So after going back and forth between staying offsite, splitting stays or POR Royal room, I saw WL and fell in love! Not knowing what to expect I SOOOOO hope it's worth it for our first trip and hopefully the experience brings us coming back for more! I am already completely obsessed with planning! We are going in August so I am a little nervous but so anxious as well! Cant wait!!!
You are going to be really glad you decided to go all out. This resort is beautiful. We stayed at the WL for the first time last month and fell in love with it. This is a great place for your first visit. Just hop on the boat and you are at the Magic Kingdom.

Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015; YC - April 15 - 21, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 03-28-2013, 08:34 PM   #3087
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by danceteachermom View Post
I believe they are the 12 cup. They look like this:

Safe and smooth travels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christinaxo View Post
Hello!
to our thread! I think you've made a great choice and will want to make WL a family tradition. August has lower rates and crowds and is a great time to go when your kids may be out of school. Let us know if you have any questions and happy planning.
Old 03-28-2013, 08:36 PM   #3088
twinmom2002
Mouseketeer

parking question

Can I valet park at the wilderness lodge and then ride a bus or boat to the magis kingdom? We have a breakfast reservation at whispering canyon cafe.

July 2009 - offsite - Reunion Resort
August 2010 - Contemporary
November 2011 - Wilderness Lodge
April 2013 - offsite - Peabody Orlando
September 2014 - Coronado Springs

Old 03-28-2013, 08:55 PM   #3089
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinmom2002 View Post
Can I valet park at the wilderness lodge and then ride a bus or boat to the magis kingdom? We have a breakfast reservation at whispering canyon cafe.
Welcome! I believe that ADR parking passes are good for 3 hours, but it could be 2 hours.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:02 PM   #3090
pld5
Dreaming of Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecastle View Post
Enjoying your photo trip report! Thanks for doing it. I always find it helps me relive my trips and, as another wonderful side effect, sparks those wonderful lucid Disney dreams that you mentioned!
I have photos of our first use of Disney transportation from every trip we've taken. Keep taking that picture of your son at a bus stop sign every trip. It is so much fun to watch them grow up through years of Disney trip photos.
Subscribed and looking forward to the rest.
Thank you! And Thank you for the idea of the bus stop!

I have this one from January 2012.

And this one from February 2013.

1972 - 1987 -WDW semi-annual trips with parents & brother -offsite hotels, 10/2005 - Pregnant with DS - offsite rental home (DH's first trip), 3/2010 -DS's first visit for his 4th birthday - offsite rental home, First stay onsite -WL "]Better Late Than Never January 22-28, 2012, They Don't Make Pencils in PA? Feb/Mar 2013 TR, Why Do I Have To Ride By Myself? Feb/Mar 2014 TR
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: